Search results

1. T

Event Vouchers - Prizes

The original concept of vouchers started quickly after the weekend event we had last year. We wanted to target a few areas that we felt based on player's feedback we wanted to improve upon. One such area was having players choose their prize, yet at the same time make it so lesser prizes value...
  2. T

Battle System Updates

Rather than posting on my own personal log, just going to start a new one dedicated to the battle system. 4/7 Last Resort is now 90 power, 95 accuracy. Solarbeam is now low priority and should hit last. (best that can be done for now) Echoed Voice now has total power of 90 and hits only once...
  3. T

The rat problem.

Rattatas has become the blunt of jokes of being on every map (as well as zubats) so I proposed we make ralts the most commonly used spawn! Why? a) Ralts are cool. b) They are psychic pokemon c) You could never be mad at ralts, it's too cute d) It's 1 letter away from rats.
  4. T

Game: Priority Moves

Priority for moves have mostly been implemented. A fair amount of server coding logic was changed so we are unsure if everything is working as it was before, or a few other things have actually broke. Priority for moves themselves may not be 100% working. We the staff can not fully test this so...
  5. T

Offical suggestion for /list.

First of all, this is my own personal suggestion and I do not speak on behalf of the staff, nor I have even said word of this to staff at all. First what my suggestion is suppose to accomplish: To provide a way for people to view where to find pokemon without giving away surprise of the game...
  6. T

Game: /list is not being removed!

Unfortunately the topic: Removal of /list found here http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=29191 has caused a fair amount of worry to the community. I feel I owe an explanation to everyone to clear up a lot of misunderstandings. Removing the /list command was never a serious...
  7. T

Removal of /list

There's been a discussion among the staff for several years about the removal of the /list command. So discuss.
  8. T

Game: Updating spawns and rarity rates.

The staff have decided PWO has gotten to the point where the current spawns and rarity rates are no longer healthy for the game. Because of this we have decided to do several things to bring better balance to pokemon encounters including: - Renaming pokemon rarities. This means no more...
  9. T

Stat boosting moves.

For some time now there has been a problem with the mechanic of stat boosting moves and its abuse in a broken battle system. For awhile I have been trying to think of a good solution that would keep them relevant yet not cause the problems they have been causing. I propose that moves that only...
  10. T

Return of weekend events.

Many months ago I held a weekend event as a trial run. With that the staff and I was able to create a structure for weekend events that we believe players will find more enjoyable and engaging. We've expanded on the prize pool, and how to obtain the prizes. First off, we removed the much...
  11. T

Why so negative?

As this is a very popular asked for fix, felt this deserves it's own announcement. I am proud to say after very little testing so more will be needed to be 100% confirmed, testing by the players that is, the negative exp bug should be fixed.
  12. T

PWO Community.

For some time now I have noticed that the community is not where I think it should be. I have heard great things about how awesome this community use to be, however I find it a little shallow as far as what is present. I think right now the forums are not as active as many would hope, and most...
  13. T

Staff - Player Interaction.

I have a few questions I would like to ask and encourage players to voice their opinion and start a discussion regarding what staff should and shouldn't do with the players in game. 1) Should staff be able to trade in game for legit reasons using legit pokemoney/pokemon with players? 2) Should...
  14. T

Announcing TMs

I am happy to say TMs are now able to be added in game. However there is a few things I need to fore-warn you about. First off - When using a TM you can only use it on the first pokemon in your party. Second Off- There is no confirmation window, So if you activate the TM, you will lose the TM...
  15. T

More info about battles

So I would like to gain more info about the current battle scene so I would like players who battle often to provide 10 pokemon that you routinely use and the pokemons Individual ID (not pokedex). Thank you in advance.
  16. T

Trade stat bug fix.

Normally I would post this in my log instead of making a topic, but thugie wanted me to make sure this was told to the players. A error causing trade windows to display pokemon temp stats (Stats after being buffed, debuffed from moves like growl) instead of their normal stats should now be...
  17. T

Battle adjustments thread.

Got tired of the various threads running around making my own so that I can control the topic and what course it takes. Let me start by saying a few words for my own sanity: Some things are simply not possible at this moment, short list: abilities, evs, a full working battle system. Some...
  18. T

If each type had a starter pokemon.

Since the dawn of pokemon there has been 3 pokemon types that have been starters (not including sub-types): Grass, Fire, and Water. But what if the other types of pokemon also had starters. What pokemon do you think/want to represent each type? This includes having strong, but not too strong...
  19. T

Upcoming server downtime - testing

So far this seems to be working better, still a few small issues here and there but nothing major. A vast improvement. What I am looking to do now is start working on and implementing Accuracy and Evasion for pokemon themselves (There's a difference between a pokemons accuracy and a moves...
  20. T

Sneak Preview