Return of weekend events.

Tecknician

Many months ago I held a weekend event as a trial run. With that the staff and I was able to create a structure for weekend events that we believe players will find more enjoyable and engaging. We've expanded on the prize pool, and how to obtain the prizes.

First off, we removed the much debated random chance of gaining a certain prize. Now everyone will receive the same prize. For completing the goal of the event, an "Event Voucher" will be handed out. These "Event Vouchers" can then be turned in at the Celadon prize corner in exchange for one of 3 items: a fossil, a pokemon Egg, or a TM.

These items will have 3 different tiers. Each tier requiring more event vouchers in order to be redeemed for. We are currently looking at a tier structure of the first tier costing 1 event voucher, second tier costing 3 event vouchers, and third tier costing 7 event vouchers.

An example of each tier would be:

Tier 1: Cleffa egg.
Tier 2: Pichu egg.
Tier 3: Togepi egg WITH shiny stone.

Right now I am looking to hold these weekend events every 2 or 3 weekends apart starting in November, assuming no further delays.

Please feel free to discuss and recommend suggestions to help make this process better.

Shirohige

This would be so cool, i have a doubt about the shiny stone, it could make shiny ANY pokemon or what would it do?. And what are the fossils ?

Saric

Youngster
What happened with the fossil mini events? Wasn't there talk of those being possible semi-weekly events as well?

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Very interesting, if this gets followed up on it would certainly spice things up. If this gets implemented I'd like to suggest enabling item trading to stimulate the market a little bit.

Gobfather

Thekilla said:
This would be so cool, i have a doubt about the shiny stone, it could make shiny ANY pokemon or what would it do?. And what are the fossils ?

Shiny stone is an Evo item used to Evo Roselia to Roserade, and Togetic to Togekiss, atm however only Togekiss will be obatinable.

I absolutely love this idea cant wait for my togekiss ;D

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Thekilla said:

No, the Shiny Stone is simply an evolution item used in the handheld games, which involved several Pokemon (including Togetic). Secondly, fossils can be reanimated into fossilized pokemon, depending on the fossil acquired.

Tecknician

Saric said:
What happened with the fossil mini events? Wasn't there talk of those being possible semi-weekly events as well?
That was the trial run weekend event I was talking about. This is the result of that event. The fossils will be included as prizes.

The-Predator

Youngster
a friend just told me he won a shiny stone from a hide and seek event.. hmm was wondering if the items are gonna be released for everyone else later or they gonna be just a few ingame?

asking cuz damn i lost the chance to participate :/

Orean

Website
twitter.com
KPyppo said:
a friend just told me he won a shiny stone from a hide and seek event.. hmm was wondering if the items are gonna be released for everyone else later or they gonna be just a few ingame?

asking cuz damn i lost the chance to participate :/

They're planned to be bundled together as prizes in the gaming corner and obtainable when tickets are redeemed there; thus, permanently obtainable from there at least. The vouchers themselves will be obtainable on a more impermanent basis, however, from this sporadically-hosted events.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
I'm also assuming that togetic would be normal and flying since fairy type doesn't exist here yet. Would that be accurate?

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Darn it, you host an event on the weekends that my life becomes super busy... xD That Togekiss will be mine...

EDIT for clarification: Are these goals more aimed at hardcore players, casual or inbetween?

Orean

Website
twitter.com
EcoWOLFrb said:
I'm also assuming that togetic would be normal and flying since fairy type doesn't exist here yet. Would that be accurate?

Togetic already exists in the database as those types, as you can research using playerdex's pokedex, so yes—it's verified that it's correct; and the fairy type has not been added either, let alone any rework of the Pokemon's typing.

Tecknician

CheckeredZebra said:
Darn it, you host an event on the weekends that my life becomes super busy... xD That Togekiss will be mine...

Luckily, these should be reoccurring. So, will busy players like myself be able to continuously "hold onto" or "Rollover" previous weekend goals in order to obtain these tickets? (Or will they change too often for that/progress despite singular player progression?)
They will have a limited time frame that must be completed (that weekend). The vouchers themselves are non-expire

Gobfather

I really have no idea what these events are or how they will be held and handled whatsoever but my main concern will it all be possible to get a total 7 vouchers in one event?

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]I think these events are totally necessary to revive the game. Lately we see many people leaving the Pwo, but events are reasons to keep playing because it often will bring us different things to do~~ This is my personal opinion.

About the prizes I don't think in big stuff. But satisfactory rewards and tasks that bring me greater incentives to play. I'm fine with what Teck said. New TMs and pokémon's eggs are really cool. :D
[/glow]

Tecknician

Gobfather said:
I really have no idea what these events are or how they will be held and handled whatsoever but my main concern will it all be possible to get a total 7 vouchers in one event?
No, 2 max per event, and this won't happen often. Usually 1 voucher per event. Meaning it will take about 3 months to get 7 vouchers.

Gobfather

Hmm, well, idk how these things worked in the past, but my suggestion is to shorten that possibility ;p

2 months tops would be just fantastic for me, but 3 months Dx. I mean there is the fact these events are pretty rare and only happening possibly once every 2 or 3 weeks. Without everyone living on the same time zone, and having their own lives, we may not even be available for these events at the specific times, so that 3 months could be 6 or more, way too long to get togekiss imo :/ but again I have no idea how this is going to be run or handled so Ill just wait and see :D

Edit* well actually it is togekiss and would hate for it to be easily obtainable and everyone have them so idk
EDIT2* lmao please ignore that 3 months is perfect ;D lol

Crovile

This is indeed a great idea, We do need some kind of events every now-and-then to keep the players on their toes. Now if the prizes offered are unique and only obtainable by those events, then it would spice up the competitive spirit. Else if other modes of obtaining the prizes are available then thy might just dull it a bit. Over all, Thumbs Up. This is promising indeed.