Game: Priority Moves

Tecknician

Priority for moves have mostly been implemented. A fair amount of server coding logic was changed so we are unsure if everything is working as it was before, or a few other things have actually broke. Priority for moves themselves may not be 100% working.

We the staff can not fully test this so we are relying on you to help us find out as much information as possible regarding this. Thank you for your time, patience, and feedback.

Kandan7

count me in. ill post some feedback when i have it. i hope u guys fixed agility as well.

BlackFog

Empress Teck said:
Priority for moves have mostly been implemented. A fair amount of server coding logic was changed so we are unsure if everything is working as it was before, or a few other things have actually broke. Priority for moves themselves may not be 100% working.

We the staff can not fully test this so we are relying on you to help us find out as much information as possible regarding this. Thank you for your time, patience, and feedback.

i dont knw what u guys mean by priority move, but in battle i used scary face.. opponent spd fell.. got less than mine.. but he attacked 1st... please.. look into it

Squilante

It seems a really nice add, and extreme speed seems to be working just fine.
Out of curiosity, is it planned to do what takes priority out, namely paralyze?

Thanks in advance.

I have yet to see bullet punch.

Squilante

BlackFog said:
i dont knw what u guys mean by priority move, but in battle i used scary face.. opponent spd fell.. got less than mine.. but he attacked 1st... please.. look into it

Do you remember from handhelds how quick attack always hit first? It's an attack with priority. So, even when the poke has less speed, it can now attack first, using an attack that has priority over the attack it is receiving. Of course, quick attack against quick attack (for example) would still be decided upon higher speed.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]This is something that really needs to be looked into. If it's possible I'm going to post some feedbacks in time. Thanks for your time too. :) [/glow]

gocoelho

i found a bug.

My snorlax lvl 9 defeat a ponyta lvl 13. He won 4k of XP. BUUUT to grow up to the next lvl he only needs 1500xp.
After this battle it grow to lvl 10 and XP is 6k/2k after any fight snotlax won, it grow one more lvl... and still get majorXP/minorXPtoNextLvL

If he learn more than one MOVE between this "trick leveling", you ill have problem.
I choose to DontLearn first move and Learn second move. But my pokemon learn the first move and never learn the second move again (Haunter in my case) :'(

I hope it help the PWO Dev Team to fix the problem

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
There is nothing that can be done currently to help with the multiple moves per level issue, however hopefully soon we will be at least able to make it easier for players to fix.

The other issue of pokemon having excess experience and leveling up every battle after that until the experience is normal again is as good as it gets for now, there is no plan to 'fix' that currently as it doesn't cause any problems in itself.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Earlier crashing issues as a result of this update have hopefully now been resolved.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Due to attempted crash-related fixes, in the recent maintenance period, it should be noted that changes were made in which battles may be frozen now—especially after successively switching your Pokemon, after one has fainted. This will be looked into later (perhaps as early as tomorrow) when more maintenance time is allotted to test this out, but in the meantime, it's a fair forewarning that PvP is invariably freeze/bug-prone for now, thus mostly inadvisable to do so (PvP) until there are successful fixes to it.

EDIT: Following the server restart that postdates this post, PvP battles are now disabled altogether until a surefire fix can be made.

isa053

hey first time on the forum but nice add with the priority moves. There is a little bug i experienced is that pursuit is listed as priority move and is used as like an quick attack instead of striking first only when in switch outs. Its nothing major but still annoying. Also i have a question of whether or not its possible to strike first even without using a priority move. In the handheld if u can have more speed by a considerable amount the priority move doesn't strike first anymore.

Shiningamisgirl

Battle Issues: A List, written in Haiku, diamond pattern even. (lol, jk!)
I understand what has gone horribly wrong..or is it horribly right? May or may not be able to be undone. I wish you all the best of luck in your endeavors with this demon known as coding. If you need to kill the whole thing, and re-haul it. Feel free to do so. If you can untangle the priority moves and kill their existence..Feel free to do that first! Lol!

All battles done in the fashion of Challenger Picks move first.
Run Spam, when atks/switching does not occur. Spam atk/run/ attempt to switch when dead Pokemon cannot be switched out/does not appear to be switched on one persons screen.

The battles play out slowly, require patience, seem to give favor to challenger for first move. Battles glitch as if 'npc glitches when switching out to quickly'. Or commonly feared switching glitches, when pvp trainers switch live Pokemon. The glitches occur with both fainted and live Pokemon, no matter who the switcher is, and no matter whether or not they or their opponent has fainted.

When Challenging (Me as the challenger):
Challenger Picks move first:
Dead Pokemon remain on opponents field.
Switching occurs on my end, opponent does not see switch.
System tries to force dead Pokemon to battle.
Money Loss occurs.
Live Pokemon must be re-switched more than once after previous poke has fainted.(Both parties, and different Pokemon)
Live Pokemon registers as fainted, must be reswitched.
Dead Pokemon must be reswitched more than once.
System does register fainting! (both parties)
Attacks happening randomly (First atk picked may not be one that gets used)
Battle time is extended and slowed from usual/previous battles. Battles are no longer quick and seamless.
I lost the battle. (Not a glitch. Just outcome)

When Being Challenged (Me being challenged x2):
Forced Switching (Both Parties)
Forced Moves (Both parties)
Death/Alive ratio not showing. (Faint/unfaint, whatev. Both parties)
System does not show Faints. (Both parties)
System show incorrect HP across bars of switched/not dead Pokemon.(All parties)
System brings Pokemon back to life after fainting. (Myself)
Money loss due to run spam/wait time/atk spam/Pokemon faint not registering.
Atks happening in multiple succession.
Battle time is extended and slowed from usual/previous battles. Battles are no longer quick and seamless.
Lost both battles (Outcome. Lost both battles, even the one I usually win.)

Things that occur across the board:
Challenger picking a move first still freezes up. Especially after a switch or faint.
Switching out a fainted Pokemon seems to cause majority of issues.
Pokemon faints seem to glitch the battle for one or both users.
Money loss.
Switch failure when fainting occurs.
Move failure.
Switch/Move forcing.
Hp Bar Glitches.
Team Number glitches (Shows different amounts of live/dead on both teams)
Please wait.
No sign at all. Not even wait.
Opponent atk. issues.

I'm not even sure if priority moves even took priority in priority ordered.
Happy holidays, and good luck to you guys!

Kandan7

Me and kaiser found a bug. I don't know if its already reported or not but here it is. Extremespeed is +2 priority move and iceshard is a +1 but ice shard got the first hit. Here is a SS to prove it.

rnw2.png

Good luck solving it and good game everyone! ;)

Tecknician

Kandan7 said:
Me and kaiser found a bug. I don't know if its already reported or not but here it is. Extremespeed is +2 priority move and iceshard is a +1 but ice shard got the first hit. Here is a SS to prove it.

rnw2.png

Currently extremespeed is +1. I decided to go with gen 4 priority system, simply because I think it's more balanced for pwo.

I am willing to update it to 5th gen if it is seen as being better for pwo however.

Kandan7

Empress Teck said:
Kandan7 said:

rnw2.png

Currently extremespeed is +1. I decided to go with gen 4 priority system, simply because I think it's more balanced for pwo.

I am willing to update it to 5th gen if it is seen as being better for pwo however.

ok teck, anways i like the update. keep up the good work! ;)

Sanven

I dont know if it is related to this or not..!! But switching in battles is now bugged..!! When in wild battle, i was trying to train magikarp when i switched, I saw it keeps on showing please wait, and then i have to Run.!!