Offical suggestion for /list.

Tecknician

First of all, this is my own personal suggestion and I do not speak on behalf of the staff, nor I have even said word of this to staff at all.

First what my suggestion is suppose to accomplish: To provide a way for people to view where to find pokemon without giving away surprise of the game. To provide a quest in of itself that players have to complete. Finally to revamp it and turn it into a powerful part of pwo that is seen as one of it's major elements.

The first part of my suggestion has already been thought of before me. Which is you have to have seen the pokemon before knowing where you can find it. Simple and straight forward and I won't go into further details about this.

The second part of my suggestion is what I believe will make it shine: Unlocking rarity labels base on the number of pokemon you have CAUGHT(seen would be ok). For example, catching 50 different pokemon (evolving counts) you unlock the first level (formally known as common).

Here's where I got my inspiration for this from. Pokemon itself is suppose to be a game where you "catch them all" however in pwo and many pokemon games you have little incentive to indeed catch them all. In the first handhelds the entire point of the games was to complete your pokedex (and arguably beat the elite 4, but you can't catch them all without beating the elite 4). This will force players to get back to the root of what the games are suppose to be about, without holding them hostage of not having access to major game content.

Now with a completion tier of, catch so many get the next rarity level this comes directly from the pokemon games where after catching so many pokemon you get an item. This also directly rewards hunters by helping them hunt better. More you catch, more you learn about best place to catch pokemon, better you will be at hunting. The reward directly affects and helps players with the challenge and why they want the reward in the first place.

Suggested improvements welcome.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Empress Teck said:
The second part of my suggestion is what I believe will make it shine: Unlocking rarity labels base on the number of pokemon you have CAUGHT(seen would be ok). For example, catching 50 different pokemon (evolving counts) you unlock the first level (formally known as common).

[glow=red]Some things here sound me great. But I haven't understood this part too good, can you clarify it to me, please?[/glow]

FoxyMulder

I don't like it. I think it's a great idea to make us do something to unlock the rarities of each pokemon in the area, but not actually see and/or capture them. As we've seen from Cinnabar it doesn't take long for the community as a whole to discover them for themselves. But with this suggestion every player will have to hunt out the rarest pokemon in each map to get it on their list. This is an unrealistic ask when that pokemon could take 100+ hours to find. Especially when as I said the information will be available elsewhere. All it will mean is that the convenience of having the information at our fingertips is gone and we have to either ask in the ingame chat or leave the game to go and look it up. I can't imagine anyone spending such a great amount of time on each map just to get information in their /list that will be freely available elsewhere. It is turning the hunt into a hunt for data instead of a hunt for the pokemon we want.

Like I said I'm all for making it a bit more exciting, but keep the mini quest simple, something we will actually enjoy doing and won't take so long that will we just give up and go looking for the information elsewhere instead.

SOULTAKER1994

I would really like to see this being added to the game :) it would be that something new us Hunters would need :p Thankyou teck :)

White.Wolf

julio2503 said:
Empress Teck said:

[glow=red]Some things here sound me great. But I haven't understood this part too good, can you clarify it to me, please?[/glow]

It's like an achievement unlock system.
when you reach 50 catch in-game, then the common list will be revealed. (previously revealed as 'Unknown'),
when you reach more catch, then more list will be revealed :)

correct me if i was wrong, teck.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
White_Wolf said:
julio2503 said:
Empress Teck said:

It's like an achievement unlock system.
when you reach 50 catch in-game, then the common list will be revealed. (previously revealed as 'Unknown'),
when you reach more catch, then more list will be revealed :)

correct me if i was wrong, teck.

[glow=red]I had thought about something similar but I wasn't sure. Thank you, Wolf.

At all it looks me great. However I would prefer that only ''SEEN pokémons'' would be enough. Of course, hunters will have benefits but something like this seems fair since in Pokémon games we don't have access to the base of rarity and PWO provides them on. :)
[/glow]

Merse

Youngster
I love the first part of Teck's idea. I always considered the /list command as a fuction of the Pokedex. You access to your Pokedex and it tells you which Pokes can be found here, or where you can find that particular Pokemon. As one of the golas of Pokémon is to fill your Pokédex, it would make sense to link the /list command to Pokes you have seen before. In the original games you have to see and catch a Poke to access its Pokedex information, so why would it be different with the /list command.
SI when you type /list on a map, it would list only those Pokes you have already seen, and maybe a few "?"s for those you are yet to see. This way you knwo there is still something out there to look for, even if you don't know what it is.

However, I don't like the second part. The spirit of the idea - to reward you for completing the Pokedex - is great, and I support it, I just don't see how would fit the access to various rarity listings to the internal logic of the Pokemon World or the game. If you want to make players completing their Pokedex, do something like in the games: Give them special rewards. For example, 50 Pokes worth an access to an otherwise restricted area, 100 Pokes worth a free bike, 200 Pokes worth an XP Share (or whatever its name was) etc.

Thor

I would prefer it to be a system where if you see a pokemon, you can then use list to find out where that pokemon can be found. Then if you have caught one of them, you have access to seeing its rarity. Maybe even if you could get it so that you store the route upon which a pokemon was caught you can then see on that route its rarity. The problem I see with unlocking the rarities with the number of pokemon you catch is that you then only need one person to do it, they can then document all the rarities and then the incentive is gone whereas Merses idea of obtaining items such as a bike with completion of pokedex is that is unique to you and offers personal reward

Tendou

The unlocking system is awesome, is there a way to reset our pokedex without affecting our caught pokes so everyone can start from scratch? Token Store don't allow us to see its seen data so it may be something similar to its coding or the missing part.

SOULTAKER1994

Sorry for bumping this topic i was just curious if this idea would be added to the game

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
SOULTAKER94 said:
Sorry for bumping this topic i was just curious if this idea would be added to the game

Nothing has been decided as yet. Keep the suggestions coming if you have them.

SOULTAKER1994

well i believe the idea of having to unlock the pokemons rarity is perfect i mean just like how its saved in dex data once caught when dex data is filled it should unlock that the poke is C,R,Vr,HR on the maps

Krowe

There's no issue with requiring people to have seen a Pokemon before they know where to find it. That is how it is in the originals. For overly rare Pokemon, quests that show you a picture and add the data (like Dialga/Palkia in Platinum) solves the problem.