What Would You Like To Suggest To Improve The Wiki?

Professor.Oak

Iuri said:
Hello:

If you are changing the individual pokemon pages , it would be good idea, also add moves that can be learned via Playerdex through the "edit poke moves." For example, the snorlax can learn last resort by this way and actually this movement is not in the individual poke page.

Not sure what you're talking about, I looked up my own Snorlax on the playerdex and he does not learn Last Resort via the Playerdex, all Pokemon should only be able to learn the moves which they can naturually learn through leveling.
fBkHHfz.png

Saric

Youngster
Professor.Oak said:
Iuri said:
Hello:

If you are changing the individual pokemon pages , it would be good idea, also add moves that can be learned via Playerdex through the "edit poke moves." For example, the snorlax can learn last resort by this way and actually this movement is not in the individual poke page.

Not sure what you're talking about, I looked up my own Snorlax on the playerdex and he does not learn Last Resort via the Playerdex, all Pokemon should only be able to learn the moves which they can naturually learn through leveling.
fBkHHfz.png
Your snorlax would need to be at least level 57 for it to show.

Mibzero

Hi and Good Day =]
you should add a current projects page on the wiki.
give your long term members something to look forward to whilst they play. also give a time frame on when you would like it to be completed by.

this can be helpfull to the staff for not having the same idea requested over and over again

PEACE

Saric

Youngster
Mibzero said:
Hi and Good Day =]
give your long term members something to look forward to whilst they play. also give a time frame on when you would like it to be completed by.

this can be helpfull to the staff for not having the same idea requested over and over again

PEACE
Fair suggestion. However this isn't viable as staff do not reveal what they are currently working on until it is almost done.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Mibzero said:
Hi and Good Day =]

PEACE

For in-progress projects that are at a unveilable state, by adequacy of progress/at the staff member's will, these announcements usually come in the change logs, the main announcement's secton (for the more macro-scale updates), or—in Tecknician's case—her blog firstly. Bluerise's twitter can be thrown into the mix too: https://twitter.com/PWOblue

While I'm in no position to out-rule these updates on the wiki, I just see a low-adequacy pace of progress-tracking on the wiki, compared to the other informational resources mentioned. The information is at a revealable state as soon as the staff member's working on it believe it's an opportune time, and they are posted on those resources first; whereas much of the staff (myself included) do not have wiki accounts to update it there. Most of the contributions on the wiki are simply player-driven, from what I've observed.

hamzasrk

what about adding The Shiny form of every poke in the wiki (sry if that already suggested) !!

Kitrina

i used it today and i noticed that broken moves show up on the pokemons move list i think. that should be fixed maybe O.O?

Naero

This is actually intended. We chosen to simply embolden the broken moves, for an indicative mark-up that the move is not functioning as intended -- there is also a link to the main Broken Moves page at the footer of the template, so users can hop to that page if they want a more detailed explanation on why the move is broken. It's preferable that all moves are outlined on the Pokemon's learnset, even if they are broken - users have the choice not to learn them, and the information (regarding their functional incapacitation) is provided as well, in case they do not want to opt to the move if they find it undesirable.

Naero

While TMs were anchored into the back-burner, hoping to create a call-functional template to add them as efficiently as possible, I've created a (hopefully) workable TM for that tonight. It's basically a restructural overhaul to Tenfold's MoveSet table/template, accommodating for new placeholders for the TM image and number, among other minor tweakovers. Although I've taken many shortcuts in structuring the table, due to time constraints, I can restructure with due time, but it should be resourceful enough for the time being.

For anyone who is interested in documenting the TM data onto each individual Pokemon page (I plan to when I have less time constraints), it has been exemplified here. For reference on all TM-learning Pokemon, and the acquirable TMs in their move pools, you can refer to this as well: http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.php?title=TMs

I'd advise only adding the currently acquirable TMs onto the Pokemon's page in the meantime; the rest can always be plugged in later, when the TMs are materialized in game and made available.

Atreides

Hello. Wiki say that Carvanha and Sharpedo has identical Exp to Lvl. 100 (21620585 exp). Is it right?

Saric

Youngster
Atreides said:
Hello. Wiki say that Carvanha and Sharpedo has identical Exp to Lvl. 100 (21620585 exp). Is it right?
This is not correct and has been fixed.

Tendou

I do suggest some kind of wikia old info but that not applies for movesets/weak-resist-immune chart. There were some pokes that got updated and wikia staff removed old info. Isnt the wiki itself means a place where you can share all info related to a blah page? An example is Bulbasaur that keep some of its old info regarding the secret area, but secret area is no longer accessible in wikia to knows its data, i know wiki dont kept the map images for removed/event maps but there need to be at least the pokemon list info of the removed map area like the first halloween town (if wiki still removes the info regarding maps why would we keep the Dusk Town page?).

Also some others information like Sunflora being UO for a short of time due the removal of sun stone and some kind of notes for updated movesets in moveset page (like Dream Eater's accuracy was previously 100%).

I would be glad to join the wikia someday if wikia team allows information like this.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Tendou, those are EXACTLY the kinds of updates and corrections we want members of the Wiki to make. Let me know if you join the Wiki so I can be sure to accept you - I don't check the list of applications often enough myself...

However, you keep calling the PWO Wiki a "Wikia". I'm not sure if this is just confusion on your behalf (Wikia is a trademark for Wikis made on Wikia.com, so not all Wikis are Wikias), or if you've been visiting the wrong site. Just in case, do note that the correct website for the PWO Wiki is currently http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/ - any other Wikis that claim to be for PWO are unofficial and not supported by us, so we can't guarantee their accuracy or that they are safe to use.

Tendou

Jinji said:
Tendou, those are EXACTLY the kinds of updates and corrections we want members of the Wiki to make. Let me know if you join the Wiki so I can be sure to accept you - I don't check the list of applications often enough myself...

However, you keep calling the PWO Wiki a "Wikia". I'm not sure if this is just confusion on your behalf (Wikia is a trademark for Wikis made on Wikia.com, so not all Wikis are Wikias), or if you've been visiting the wrong site. Just in case, do note that the correct website for the PWO Wiki is currently http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/ - any other Wikis that claim to be for PWO are unofficial and not supported by us, so we can't guarantee their accuracy or that they are safe to use.

Im used to use wikia word :p so don't worry, im talking about iblamelee wiki, also i need to know first if they will make such kind of changes cause i will be near to useless without that info, unless i misinterpreted the "make" thing from yourself

Professor.Oak

Tendou said:
Jinji said:

Im used to use wikia word :p so don't worry, im talking about iblamelee wiki, also i need to know first if they will make such kind of changes cause i will be near to useless without that info, unless i misinterpreted the "make" thing from yourself

Like you mentioned, yes there used to be information regarding old information of Pokemon, such as Bulbasaur was catchable in secret area, though that was removed by someone else as they felt the Wiki should only contain "information regarding the current state" of the game, and since the Wiki itself has no real set rules as to what kind of information should and should not be placed it timeline wise, it would be hard to validate if these sort of changes would be OK or not. The Wiki "Team" needs to set a least a couple rules to define if they want information pertaining to only the present state of the game, or of if the Wiki should cover Past, Present, and Future events of the game.

Tendou

What do you think about a Release Log guys. Will that help you navigating wiki better during a new release?

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Tendou said:
What do you think about a Release Log guys. Will that help you navigating wiki better during a new release?

I was cheking the page out and I think it's pretty cool. Really helpful and make the Wiki more useable. :)

@Report - Now I was reading it and I guess there's an error on Cerulean Cave Quest tutorial, on the third step to be more precise. It's saying to make a way to Olivine City and then route 32. I believe it's Violet City, not Olivine. Thanks~

Edit: And looking into Luminance change logs I noticed that the NPC Gerald is now in Cerulean City. I'm reporting that because I saw the tutorial was already edited and I guess some parts are remaining of updates. :-\

Saric

Youngster
julio2503 said:
Tendou said:

I was cheking the page out and I think it's pretty cool. Really helpful and make the Wiki more useable. :)

@Report - Now I was reading it and I guess there's an error on Cerulean Cave Quest tutorial, on the third step to be more precise. It's saying to make a way to Olivine City and then route 32. I believe it's Violet City, not Olivine. Thanks~

Edit: And looking into Luminance change logs I noticed that the NPC Gerald is now in Cerulean City. I'm reporting that because I saw the tutorial was already edited and I guess some parts are remaining of updates. :-\
Both of these have been updated.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Hello all.

I wanted to raise up something among more so the Wiki Editors however regular players are free to contribute. Currently it is being considered whether the Wiki should be moved to the same server as used by other web services.

Your thoughts are welcome before a decision is made.