What Would You Like To Suggest To Improve The Wiki?

Hydrahax

lol King, not the right. The left one <<<. When i tried to use that's from the image, it just doesn't work, then i speaked with someone on the chat and he said for me to use the other one on the left ( <<< ). It worked.

king1234

Youngster
Hydrahax said:
lol King, not the right. The left one <<<. When i tried to use that's from the image, it just doesn't work, then i speaked with someone on the chat and he said for me to use the other one on the left ( <<< ). It worked.

But it doesnt work for me, the middle one works on my end, i dont know why its different,

Professor.Oak

Kromeangels said:
Exactly! That would be swell. I could really use informations like that. And thank you for telling me that its supper affective on ground and flying types. I would never guess it. I probably would say that its super effective against fire...

If there's no objections, I'd like to create a new page to start defining all the moves, I'll create a move template in which each move will have its own set of information,
i.e. each template would contain, The moves Base Power/ACC, if its Special,Physical or Status, if its Broken or not and if it is why its broken, What its effective and not effective against, and a small description of what the move is actually supposed to do. Since theres so many moves, I'd like to split all the moves into two pages, A-M and N-Z for faster loading times.

Naero

Although it appears that the foundation of most area pages have been created at least (kudos to who put forth effort into adding them when I was inactive from wiki duties), most of them still seem to lack NPC data. I've been compiling them to pages slowly, but if anyone else is interested in undertaking this task as well, such NPC data has been compiled on Tenfold's talk page.

I can not verify how up-to-date this data remains, but I do not believe most NPC data has changed drastically since. Regardless, if you come across any misstatements on the page, feel free to correct them accordingly.

king1234

Youngster
Naero said:
Although it appears that the foundation of most area pages have been created at least (kudos to who put forth effort into adding them when I was inactive from wiki duties), most of them still seem to lack NPC data. I've been compiling them to pages slowly, but if anyone else is interested in undertaking this task as well, such NPC data has been compiled on Tenfold's talk page.

I can not verify how up-to-date this data remains, but I do not believe most NPC data has changed drastically since. Regardless, if you come across any misstatements on the page, feel free to correct them accordingly.

I will be assisting you with this fixing.

Kojin~

taifhamid1 said:
add (Broken) next to every move that doesn't work.

They're already bold to mark they're broken...

6GMtmJQ.png

DarkenXin

It's not actually improving thing but it would be great if you add Pokemon stats to each pokemon's wiki.

king1234

Youngster
DarkenXin said:
It's not actually improving thing but it would be great if you add Pokemon stats to each pokemon's wiki.

nxq4om.png
you mean base stats, if so yes they do have it,

HeavyPetter

I'd like to see move pages on the wiki, for example if I search for poison sting i'll see how powerful it is, what side effects is has and if it is currently working in PWO.

king1234

Youngster
HeavyPetter said:
I'd like to see move pages on the wiki, for example if I search for poison sting i'll see how powerful it is, what side effects is has and if it is currently working in PWO.

Well if you search for poison sting, you will find pokemons that have that move, from there you can see its base power and accuracy of the move, also if its in bold its broken, and italics its gets stab. But a page with all the moves ingame showing stats hmm.

ksalim313

Actually this suggestion is a good one :)

It was in my todo list right after I finish revising the pokemon movesets and pokemon locations, but I might move it up if it is needed ;)

A page that shows the effect of a move (in PWO) plus valuable information like how many times the move hits the foe pokemon will help many players in my humble opinion.

Imagine a player sees that Persian knows an attack called Fury Swipes with base power of 18 and accuracy of 80 will not pay attention to such move unless he/she opens another pokemon encyclopedia, but when he/she knows that this attack hits from 3 to 5 times, he/she might change his/her mind.

The same may go for the popular Rock type attack: Rock Blast ;)

A list in such a page showing what pokemon at what level can use such a move might be good addition too :)

Professor.Oak

ksalim313 said:
Actually this suggestion is a good one :)

It was in my todo list right after I finish revising the pokemon movesets and pokemon locations, but I might move it up if it is needed ;)

A page that shows the effect of a move (in PWO) plus valuable information like how many times the move hits the foe pokemon will help many players in my humble opinion.

Imagine a player sees that Persian knows an attack called Fury Swipes with base power of 18 and accuracy of 80 will not pay attention to such move unless he/she opens another pokemon encyclopedia, but when he/she knows that this attack hits from 3 to 5 times, he/she might change his/her mind.

The same may go for the popular Rock type attack: Rock Blast ;)

A list in such a page showing what pokemon at what level can use such a move might be good addition too :)

Move pages have been discussed before, I suggest if anyone wants to take on the task to simply categorize them by letter and not make a page for each move just because with the 500+ moves that there are and the little amount of information each page would contain it would just be a waste of space.

24 different pages from A-Z would make it easier to edit and make it easier to find for the players.

*whatever typos I made.

Professor.Oak

With the new announcement of TM's, I think it would be a good idea if we added a new page for them on the Wiki, I'll start making a template so we can easily add in information on a page. Theres 92 TM's total as of generation 4 so it wont be too much work, anyways here's the list of things each template will include
TM number
TM move
Type
Category (Physical, Special, Status)
What the move does
Location to be found/bought

I think that about covers it, if anyone else thinks of anything let me know.

Merse

Youngster
It would be very useful to link TMs to Pokes which are able to learn then, either on the TM's or on the Pokemon's page.

Professor.Oak

Merse said:
It would be very useful to link TMs to Pokes which are able to learn then, either on the TM's or on the Pokemon's page.
Yeah I was thinking about this too, Bulbapedia has a list of this, was just thinking about what would be the best way to implement them on a template.

Naero

Professor.Oak said:
Merse said:
Yeah I was thinking about this too, Bulbapedia has a list of this, was just thinking about what would be the best way to implement them on a template.

Similar to how the main-learnset template has a "call" function, whereby move data can be retrieved from the raw moves list page as it's parsed through the template, I'd opine that we create a similar template for TMs. On the TM page, a move table that is structurally identical to the table used on the 'Complete Moves List' page should be a carryover to the TM page, inputting all of the move data of acquirable TMs; while also expanding the table columns used for the additional TM data you mentioned. This may require that we do some expansive work on the Raw Moves List, however, so moves can be flagged as TMs, if that's where they're being loaded from.

For the individual Pokemon pages may as well use this template in a subsection of the moveset section. Similar to the moveset template that's already been redistributed to all Pokemon pages, the most simplistic scheme for manual labor would be to input the name of the move, flag it as a STAB move-type is the same as the Pokemon, and the move data would be called from the Raw Moves List. A near-identical template in a nutshell basically (redesigning it to a different themes for TMs, perhaps), loading from the same data library (the raw moves list); only it's redesignated to its own subsection on the Pokemon's page.

Professor.Oak

Naero said:
Similar to how the main-learnset template has a "call" function, whereby move data can be retrieved from the raw moves list page as it's parsed through the template, I'd opine that we create a similar template for TMs. On the TM page, a move table that is structurally identical to the table used on the 'Complete Moves List' page should be a carryover to the TM page, inputting all of the move data of acquirable TMs; while also expanding the table columns used for the additional TM data you mentioned. This may require that we do some expansive work on the Raw Moves List, however, so moves can be flagged as TMs, if that's where they're being loaded from.

To show which Pokemon can learn the move on the TM page I've thought of more or less the simplist way to to add in the Pokemon, the template would only require you to add in the Pokemon DEX number of the Pokemon for that TM, something like {{001|002|003}} etc. The template will do the rest and add in the name, and sprite. The main-learnset template is a bit complicated but I think it'll be possible to make a shrunk-down version to able to just put in the name of the TM and it'll auto-update direct from the Raw Moves List, that way all moves get updated at once in the future.
For the individual Pokemon pages may as well use this template in a subsection of the moveset section. Similar to the moveset template that's already been redistributed to all Pokemon pages, the most simplistic scheme for manual labor would be to input the name of the move, flag it as a STAB move-type is the same as the Pokemon, and the move data would be called from the Raw Moves List. A near-identical template in a nutshell basically (redesigning it to a different themes for TMs, perhaps), loading from the same data library (the raw moves list); only it's redesignated to its own subsection on the Pokemon's page.

Was what I was thinking, should be easy, and completely do-able, the template anyways, the manual labor, mehhhr.

Iuri

Hello:

If you are changing the individual pokemon pages , it would be good idea, also add moves that can be learned via Playerdex through the "edit poke moves." For example, the snorlax can learn last resort by this way and actually this movement is not in the individual poke page.

Also it would be nice if the routes and places that still do not have maps on their pages, they were available.