Shiny rate change

What is your position on the change to shiny rate?

• The rate should be changed to 1/4096 no matter what.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The rate should be changed to 1/4096 only if there are more membership bonuses.

• The rate should be changed to 1/4096 in the distant future but not now.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because I think it will break the economy.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because it is the only reason I donate for membership.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because I see no reason why it should change.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merse

Youngster
It also will benefit the old players far more, because as soon as the word goes out that the shiny rate will be lowered, they will start buying all the shinys on the market. It's a great investments for them, because in a few months the price of shinys will be double or even more than it is now.
In fact, some of them already started that...

itwill

CoolKnightST said:
The current battle system with shinys is just broken. An current pvp against an high level player includes mostly an full pack of shinys. There currently no really an response anymore when an player has an shiny in his team. I just don't think it's logical, an NPC never holds an shiny pokémon when an regular players hold mostly 3 of them. Making shinys back an rare sight see to me the only logical solution.

What about this ballance:
Member: 1/2048 | Non-Member: 1/8192
To
Member: 1/4096 | Non-Member: 1/16384

Hollidays: Increase with 20%:
Member: 1/3277 | Non-Member: 1/13107

Downtime favor: Increase with 10%:
Member: 1/3686 | Non-Member: 1/14746

Encounter ballancer (5% will be increased or reduced in order to ballance the price):
+ : Member: 1/3891 | Non-Member: 1/15565
- : Member: 1/4301 | Non-Member: 1/17203

So max increase can get up to 35%:
Member: 1/2662 | Non-Member: 1/10650

i think the current rate of 1/8192 for non members is good, do not make it harder for non-members to find shiny. This makes it impossible for non-members to find shiny, which in terms kind of make it a pay to win game.

You want members to have convenience and ease, not pay to win

gringa

This is not fair, a lot of players have already had good shiny VR and even HR pokes, now it becomes harder or maybe impossible for me to reach their "playing levels". So, they now are kings of game forever just because they played game in the easier way, and seems like nobody can ever catch good pokes like they've already had. If you guys want a balance for the game, you should take care of the fairness too.

In the other hand, why would you still keep membership’s existence? Isn’t it a reason of unbalance situation in game? If you want a balance, why don’t you throw membership away from the token store?

I think thing must happens base on its situation and fairness, not just fixing the past mistakes and leaving some players in disappointment. Imaging, in the future, if most of shiny pokes are easy to find, every non-member players can buy shiny strong poke for a possible price. Then, every battle team will be stronger with shiny poke, so that PvP battling will be much more joyful, isn’t it a good thing? The thing that shiny pokes have less values can not compare with this entertaining value of game!

And at last, shiny pokes will not lost their values at all ‘cause people will try harder to find a better one either better stats or shiny HR. Those pokes will have much higher prices than the other shiny pokes.

If you guys want to create a balance, I suggest only do it within new maps such as Mt. Silver or later, so that the fairness still can be hold and the prices of new pokes can be kept away from lowering.

In the future, if this shiny rate were decreased, I might not play this game anymore. I have a different life to live, not just spending whole days in playing game only to find a shiny common poke. So sorry to say that, I don’t think my decision will have any affect at all, I also don't want to leave, I just want to say it, honestly.

Hope you guys thought about this topic carefully!

Merse

Youngster
The point of shiny is that it is ultra-mega-hyper rare. Nobody should have 6 shiny Pokemons, still, several players have dozens of them. That's not how it should work at all! Shinys shouldn't be the only possible Pokes you can use if you want to win in a PVP battle.
Shinys lost about 90% of their market value in the last 6 months with the exception of HRs and some VRs. Shiny commons have virtually no value whatsoever. They worth less than a non-shiny HR now.

And why they don't dump Membership? Simple: they want to keep the game running. How much money do you think we would spend if there wouldn't be Membership?

gringa

I know that running this game is too hard, and I highly appreciate that. But now, it looks like I will never have a change to win in battle with those strong teams. It looks like unfair to me, new player. Should you guys have more flexible way to fix this problem?

And I think 6 shiny pokes team is not a bad idea at all 'cause it makes PvP battle will be more interesting, and people have to try more to find another poke with better stats, then strategy and max stat pokes will show their high values.

Just my opinion, I'm new in pokemon game, but I think I love them enough to play game.

mad30

Youngster
gringa said:
I know that running this game is too hard, and I highly appreciate that. But now, it looks like I will never have a change to win in battle with those strong teams. It looks like unfair to me, new player. Should you guys have more flexible way to fix this problem?

And I think 6 shiny pokes team is not a bad idea at all 'cause it makes PvP battle will be more interesting, and people have to try more to find another poke with better stats, then strategy and max stat pokes will show their high values.

Just my opinion, I'm new in pokemon game, but I think I love them enough to play game.
The best fix is simple: Remove the shiny bonus all together. However how many people would want to go for this?
We can't please everyone and have a balance system.

gringa

Then, why don't we create a new kind of balance system? Like S old pokes are normally seen, and shiny new pokes are much rarer.
I'll believe in your decision any way, just want it to be more fair.

itwill

if you remove shiny rates from membership, membership sales will decrease. Also players who are currently holding shinys will be alot richer. This is just making the rich richer and the poor poorer... sounds familiar?

CoolKnightST

And what about make shiny pokémons untradeable?

Possitive
  • It won't effect the shiny economy ballance anymore because there isn't one.
  • Economy ballance itself slightly change, I personaly think this will increase the prices from regular pokémons again.
  • It will be harder to get an shiny party because they can't get them by trade.
  • Active shiny searchers get rewarded since this is the only way to get them.
  • Membership remains existing but membership will not directly effect shinys for regular players.
  • Every shiny get equal value.
  • Shiny hunters can't make profit for shinys they don't need. This will directly effect the abilities on earning poké money.

Downsides
  • PvP ballance: Member will always be the ones with more shiny pokémons. On the other hand, active players still get make the equal.
  • Economy ballance on spending pokédolars can become an bit messy afther this change the first month because some will don't known anymore where they need to spend there money on. It probaly will be reballanced afther an wile when they invest more into regular pokémons again.

End
I supposed an lot of people will be against this idea because they will lose there income with this. Well I suggested you to think this over. The money simply will get replace from shiny to the best regulars. It will take some time before this is all ballanced out but it's an béta for an reason and will be more secure and rewarded for the futher of pwo.

Make an poll about this one ;)

itwill

hypothetically speaking, if someone had 100 shinies, he/she is a millionaire right now, but once the membership shiny change is gone. He/She is going to be a billionaire.

While someone who has no shiny, well, they probably won't see a shiny for a while.

If shiny % is changed, I think all shinies should be wiped and start fresh.

Which brings me to my question, this is beta. For players that donated and got all these perks, when game is released and no longer in beta. Does everything get wiped?

Akul

CoolKnightST said:
And what about make shiny pokémons untradeable?

Possitive
  • It won't effect the shiny economy ballance anymore because there isn't one.
  • Economy ballance itself slightly change, I personaly think this will increase the prices from regular pokémons again.
  • It will be harder to get an shiny party because they can't get them by trade.
  • Active shiny searchers get rewarded since this is the only way to get them.
  • Membership remains existing but membership will not directly effect shinys for regular players.
  • Every shiny get equal value.
  • Shiny hunters can't make profit for shinys they don't need. This will directly effect the abilities on earning poké money.

Downsides
  • PvP ballance: Member will always be the ones with more shiny pokémons. On the other hand, active players still get make the equal.
  • Economy ballance on spending pokédolars can become an bit messy afther this change the first month because some will don't known anymore where they need to spend there money on. It probaly will be reballanced afther an wile when they invest more into regular pokémons again.

End
I supposed an lot of people will be against this idea because they will lose there income with this. Well I suggested you to think this over. The money simply will get replace from shiny to the best regulars. It will take some time before this is all ballanced out but it's an béta for an reason and will be more secure and rewarded for the futher of pwo.

Make an poll about this one ;)

sorry but i think thats stupid idea

Sparrow777

Most of these shiny pokemon come with bot users. So just cleaning the bots from the game is too hard? I'll give you an idea, make it so that catching a wild pokemon with full hp is impossible, then no bot will work ;)

Saric

Youngster
Sparrow777 said:
Most of these shiny pokemon come with bot users. So just cleaning the bots from the game is too hard? I'll give you an idea, make it so that catching a wild pokemon with full hp is impossible, then no bot will work ;)
One can never clean out bots on any mmo. The moment you "clean" them out, more will come.
And even if you put restrictions on them like that, people will find a way around it in no time.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
itwill said:
if you remove shiny rates from membership, membership sales will decrease.
Nobody is saying it will be removed, the suggestion is to lower the chance. You will still have a better chance over those with no membership.

mad30

Youngster
itwill said:
if you remove shiny rates from membership, membership sales will decrease. Also players who are currently holding shinys will be alot richer. This is just making the rich richer and the poor poorer... sounds familiar?
The following has happened in the past:
Shiny bonus was decreased from +20%ivs to guaranteed iv range.

Pokemoney drops were decreased

Somewhere around 50% of all pokemoney from players account were removed.

Several times a pokemoney tax has been implemented removing around 10% of players money for those who has more than a certain amount.

It's not like the rich have never had the short straw before...

GawertyXL

Personally, What harm could this do, I mean look at it this way, Shiny chance my go down but this way good pvp shinys wont be as common so this way people will now not go carrying around amazing shiny teams as often. Personally Id still buy ms even if there wasnt a shiny chance, I do it to support the server not to be a hog for the perks.

OGPokemaster

I think that if the SC is reduced then, exp rate and pokemoney gained should go up and/or instead of just 1 token off items and pokemon over 5 tokens why not 2 tokens off. idk just my thoughts, btw im a relatively new player and i think the biggest downside to a decrease in SC is tht the player tht have been here for awhile have countless S pokemon weather C,R,VR or HR and a Decrease in sc would make them even richer becasue they have stockpiles of s already.

Merse

Youngster
No matter how you influence the market, the rich always become richer, because they have the capital to adjust to the changes. In this case, they will be able to buy every shiny from the market when it becomes certain that the SC will be reduced. You can don nothing about it.
But we still need to see some kind of change, not only for the market, but for a better PVP experience too.

EDIT: I got an idea how to compensate Members: Make Members Only areas of the game ;)

3blaggy

Saric said:
Sparrow777 said:
One can never clean out bots on any mmo. The moment you "clean" them out, more will come.
And even if you put restrictions on them like that, people will find a way around it in no time.

how do you know that during catching pkmn on bot they have full HP? guess you use 1 too

icpu

Here's the thing..
Why economy broke..
First i want to straightened up our mind that this is an MMORPG, which money only circulate between NPC and people..
NPC makes the pokedollar gone (which is will make the total pokedollar in the world lower)
Peope / Player only transfering pokedollar from one player to other player (the total pokedollar in the world stays the same)

imagine, you fought a pokemon and got 50$, while other people, let say only 100 people playing.. 5000$ every.. lets say 30seconds
in on minute we got 10.000$ increase in the world, in one day?

Second, the MMORPG different from actual world, the actual world there are development, buildings, and many other improvement, using energy and money..
The money and energy is gone, when there are change.. Like when you need to build a new house, the old house is gone, which is the money to build the old house is gone..
The reason energy got higher because the energy is going to be spend out.. BUT the price will follow a "standard"
remember "price" "money" is just a value that we make to define how valuable is it.. so only the rich can get hands to it..

Third, there are an issue which rich people and poor people have too high difference..
This is caused by the rich got too much money, so the price is automatically following the standard (depending on how valuable is it) at that particular time.

My statement:
lowering shiny chance not going to make the economy returns to normal.
The effect by lowering shiny :
1. It's harder to get (of course)
2. The price goes higher

the price is depending on the total pokedollar on the world (the "standard", they will be made by the catcher, and the money that people have)

So, my conclusion lowering shiny and bringing economy back to normal is a different matter. I'm not saying it won't help.
what is normal economy anyway? my opinion is when the rich and the newbie dont have much different hands on money..

my opinion to get economy back to normal is: to make more features using pokedollar
the effect :
1. the rich have something to spend, other than just piling their pokedollar, and they can get that extra features
2. the noobs have constant thing to struggle, after they got badges, they can after the extra features or shinys (the shinys and any other pokemons will have constant price, not going higher and higher)

but i think by making extra features will make the game more enjoyable anyway

my idea on extra features:
-fly to any city using pokedollar
-gambling (this one will be a role player on lowering money on the world, which is keeping the total money on the world stay not going high high high higher..)
-make a competition, use pokedollar to entering competition to get a wall of fame (i think it's interesting for the rich, they would want to get their name on that)
- any other ideas guys?

i'm not an economic expert, just an architect student.. so my logic might be wrong,
feel free to express your idea..

Status
Not open for further replies.