Shiny rate change

What is your position on the change to shiny rate?

• The rate should be changed to 1/4096 no matter what.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The rate should be changed to 1/4096 only if there are more membership bonuses.

• The rate should be changed to 1/4096 in the distant future but not now.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because I think it will break the economy.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because it is the only reason I donate for membership.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because I see no reason why it should change.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mad30

Youngster
ch3ck3rmb said:
can we make maybe in few days a vote?

so everbody can think afte rhe read this thread and will take a intelligent choose...

i prefere your idea and think when other think a while about it, many people will agree.

(i wrote my whole opinion few sides before)
I plan to make a poll when this discussion hits a certain point. I hope that will indeed be in a few days.

itwill

unless you guys say what you guys will implement to replace the 300% shiny chance to 200%, there will be a lot of down voters.

king1234

Youngster
it will said:
unless you guys say what you guys will implement to replace the 300% shiny chance to 200%, there will be a lot of down voters.

not really. alot of people agree like me, i encounter alot of shinys ( all of them commons not really complaining), plus there is a chance that the prices will raise due to the shiny encounter rate drop. now shinys will be rare.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
''Veterans will have advantage'' we lost lots of things due to some unexpected updates such as the removal of the shiny boost. WE, the veterans, we are always to a few steps of losing lot of time of dedication due to the updates so, take a look around one more time to realize who is losing stuff here, if new players or us (veterans). Example: Onix became rare and I lost the best S steelix in the game and I am not complaining.

Mega.S

Merse said:
First of all, Tokens are not "bought". They are "received" for the exchange of your kind donation to PWO. Devs can decide any time that they won't give any more tokens for donating.
Secondly, You didn't "buy" anything with the tokens. You got gifts from the devs and you can exchange those gifts to something else.
Thirdly, there are warning everywhere: This game is BETA! It means it will crash, it will change, it may be different from what you experienced first.

This is all rigth... But how much people go donate if dont have good benefices? Maby 10% or 5% of actualy donations...
And PWO need donations...

mad30

Youngster
Lets stop here about the whole "whats a donation" discussion and get back to discussing shiny rates and membership perks.

psychosamm

Youngster
I personally would not like to see this happen. There would be almost no reason for me to buy MS, sure you get more money, but thats nowhere near being able to actually help you make a good sum of money, sure you get more exp, but it only helps so much, and if you've already gotten a leveled team, you have no use for it, the main reason I, and probably many others, get MS is because of the somewhat realistic chance to find a shiny. The only benefit i could see coming from this is the potential increasing of prices, which would only benefit the people who have been here for some time and have accumulated many shinies which they could then sell for more money, making them even more powerful than they already were. This doesn't benefit new players, it in fact hurts them. If noobs wanted to get MS so they could move ahead in the game, by selling shinies to make money, it would literally be twice as hard for them to do so.
And as for players like me who have done all the quests and beaten all the gyms, this really makes the game less interesting, and therefore would make me less likely to play. Being able to find shinies is very exciting, and considering how few i find with MS right now, i really would not enjoy it being twice as difficult. Aside from tournaments there wouldn't be much incentive to play. Grinding for HRs and shinies isn't exactly the most exciting thing, some people like to do so, but most would agree its just annoying and tedious.
However, if you absolutely insist on changing the Shiny rate, i would encourage you to give having membership more benefits, such as maybe a 2 token discount, or maybe 1 token store pokemon for half price, and keep the 1 token discount. Even maybe increase HR chance by 50% or whatever percent would be fair. Or maybe even increased chances to find items like Metal Coat and Dragon scales, even though they may not be too terribly hard to find already.

Dovee

Youngster
Pre-current nub pwo shiny pokemon had an increased stat range that would give them +20% so a S Gyara could have up to 237 speed. Shiny pokemon ruled the battle system and this was how pwo was for a long time. Some of you may think omg so op why would you have that but thats just the way pwo was. Well a change came and we are where we currently are. Everyone thought people will stop donating and some did but people adjust and change, the game is still in beta. If something were to change people will get over it and move on. Changes are made to improve the balance of the game.

p.s. to all the people that have said or will say if this gets changed i paid for this or that so you owe me something.
Pwo doesnt owe you anything, when you agreed to the rules of this game you will see things are in beta and subject to change. Donations are donations, you are not purchasing anything. We give you something for your donation based on what is currently going on AT THAT TIME.

kurtisbmx

i personaly think it is a good idea i mean every day shiny vr shiny hr's are found i mean in a year no pokemon in pwo would be worth anything and is that the way we want pwo ?

also i have a question if u did make the change would the people who already have membership keep the 300% chance until their ms ran up or would it just be instantly changed?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
i personaly think it is a good idea i mean every day shiny vr shiny hr's are found i mean in a year no pokemon in pwo would be worth anything and is that the way we want pwo ?

Yes. Sure, why not? It's the inevitable result of the system as it stands now, so why fight it? Is it really that exciting building up your bank balance buying and selling pokemon? I say let the economy collapse and concentrate on other ways to make the game enjoyable. :)

kurtisbmx

HitmonFonty said:

Yes. Sure, why not? It's the inevitable result of the system as it stands now, so why fight it? Is it really that exciting building up your bank balance buying and selling pokemon? I say let the economy collapse and concentrate on other ways to make the game enjoyable. :)

it will make pwo a lot more challenging in the shiny department ... i think it will be a nice change of pace might limit the number of people hunting and they might move on to battling witch will make battling alot more fun :) and to be honest i have gave up on selling these days cause of the economy so thats part doesn't bother me but others it will as they find shiny rare etc.. and sell them to buy epic uc batttle pokes .

sagar.2570

if it is possible then atlest the shiny common like kingdra,golem and many more would regain their value that would be nice :))

Akul

I respectfully disagree with this idea...i only buy membership beacuse of shiny chance, and i think its the same with other players..no one cares about discount in token store or getting more money from wild battles...i think you may lose a lot of players if u do that...BUT if you think these will affect on shiny prices to go up at lest for double than they are atm i will support this idea..thank you

sagar.2570

Akul said:
I respectfully disagree with this idea...i only buy membership beacuse of shiny chance, and i think its the same with other players..no one cares about discount in token store or getting more money from wild battles...i think you may lose a lot of players if u do that...BUT if you think these will affect on shiny prices to go up at lest for double than they are atm i will support this idea..thank you
if this change is done den the shiny chance for ms would be 2 time greater than that of non ms as of it is now 4 times greater since token price is gone down the no of shinies in game increased bcoz all can buy ms now for merely 6m-12m that is why it is necessry to low down the chance for maintenance of shiny price and pride. hope u got explanation<i dont like the price of shiny pidegot it like 150k lol and its one of the great flying poke> this changes will also lead to price down of tokens i think so :p

Puar

Youngster
I don't like this idea at all. I feel like its occupy wall steet on pwo.
If you want to make shiny's more valuable I'm fine with that but dont just make it harder for people who donate to find. I have only caught one Srare (Donphan) in the last 3 years of playing and that was even made less valuable recently. I think if the decision to make Shiny pokemon more valuable then there should be a rate decrease across the board.
on a side note I often feel like old loyal players are thrown by the wayside in favor of bridging the gap so new players have an easier time getting to where we have worked so hard to get.

You guys do know it's a beta, right? That means this game is subject to change at any time.

It isn't about what stuff we have in our accounts or how much we're losing. It's about staff and players working together to create a better game.

itwill

Since the game is in beta, does it mean there will be a wipe when the real game comes out?

Puar

Youngster
Similar said:
You guys do know it's a beta, right? That means this game is subject to change at any time.

It isn't about what stuff we have in our accounts or how much we're losing. It's about staff and players working together to create a better game.
I get that, Im trying to participate in the discussion to create a better game. Im not just trying to block change. I dont think anyone wants to do that

mad30

Youngster
Puar said:
on a side note I often feel like old loyal players are thrown by the wayside in favor of bridging the gap so new players have an easier time getting to where we have worked so hard to get.
This will HURT new players actually as they will never had the chance to get shiny pokemon with a lower rate. On the other hand older players had time to get shiny pokemon and build up their collection with more ease than those that will start after the change IF it takes place.

If we really cared about the economy of shiny Pokemon we would adjust the iv range. That is what's hurting it. What do you expect when the stat that matters most only has 5 possible outcomes? You have approx 1/5 Pokemon being worth something the rest are worth almost nothing when it comes to battling. This creates a lot of Pokemon that are seen as not being viable and only those with max speed are.

If the focus was the economy, then the focus would be about the iv levels and not the rates.

CoolKnightST

The current battle system with shinys is just broken. An current pvp against an high level player includes mostly an full pack of shinys. There currently no really an response anymore when an player has an shiny in his team. I just don't think it's logical, an NPC never holds an shiny pokémon when an regular players hold mostly 3 of them. Making shinys back an rare sight see to me the only logical solution.

What about this ballance:
Member: 1/2048 | Non-Member: 1/8192
To
Member: 1/4096 | Non-Member: 1/16384

Hollidays: Increase with 20%:
Member: 1/3277 | Non-Member: 1/13107

Downtime favor: Increase with 10%:
Member: 1/3686 | Non-Member: 1/14746

Encounter ballancer (5% will be increased or reduced in order to ballance the price):
+ : Member: 1/3891 | Non-Member: 1/15565
- : Member: 1/4301 | Non-Member: 1/17203

So max increase can get up to 35%:
Member: 1/2662 | Non-Member: 1/10650

Status
Not open for further replies.