Shiny rate change

What is your position on the change to shiny rate?

• The rate should be changed to 1/4096 no matter what.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The rate should be changed to 1/4096 only if there are more membership bonuses.

• The rate should be changed to 1/4096 in the distant future but not now.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because I think it will break the economy.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because it is the only reason I donate for membership.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because I see no reason why it should change.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
The sort of replies I am looking for, personally, are ones that will help us better balance the game while upsetting players as little as possible.

For me, I will always suggest making the game better and more balanced over the latter (sorry guys), because in the end everyone will have more fun playing a fair, balanced game. However, I hate seeing angry players just as much as the next guy so I'll just say this:

The reasons why this discussion was brought up has been posted. If everyone dislikes lessening the shiny boost, do you have any other alternate ideas that could solve this balancing issue? If you do not, what other sort of perks given to membership would make a diminished shiny boost less hated?

itwill

I have a few perks on the top of my head.

Members get:
1. To buy Great Balls from Poke Mart, doesn't break the game, you just have to throw alot less poke balls.
2. Safari Zones extensions can be purchased from the NPC. Instead of always kicking members out of safari, at the NPC you can buy extensions. But the prices of these extensions are more expensive.
3. Membership NPC - in every town that sells items (Greatballs, escape ropes, evolution stones(fire,water,moon), rod, bikes, repel all, etc) at no discounted price so its fair.
4. Member teleporter that teleports member from Goldenrod City to Saffron City. This is not game breaking is it? Don't people hate walking from Saffron in Kanto all the way to Goldenrod in Johto just to make a trade? Personally, I think they should unify all players into 1 trading room.
5. Member access only! - forum thread, private in-game channel, NPCs, etc. These perks are only given to members and they do nothing but make the game faster, easier, and funner for members.

I feel like members should be given ease of things. The point of increase pokemoney, exp, and shiny chance is so that members have an easier time playing the game. Those who donate are paying for less time spent in-game. Any perks that are not game changing but give members a easier time like walking from map A to map B.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Tmcm said:
I have spend lots of my money to buy MS until 2013-04-04.. I spend so much money becouse i think I have 300% shiney chance , i never has buy ms for have 200% chance, becouse i m not crazy for stay lots of days wallking in grass for no nothing..

After you change this you go give me my money back? Becouse i pay for 300% chance... not for 200%.. :(
So what you're saying is, if we were to change it to 400% - we should give you your money back as well.

You paid for membership status, you get the benefits of it. You did not pay for the 300% chance.

itwill

Bluerise said:
Tmcm said:
I have spend lots of my money to buy MS until 2013-04-04.. I spend so much money becouse i think I have 300% shiney chance , i never has buy ms for have 200% chance, becouse i m not crazy for stay lots of days wallking in grass for no nothing..

After you change this you go give me my money back? Becouse i pay for 300% chance... not for 200%.. :(
So what you're saying is, if we were to change it to 400% - we should give you your money back as well.

You paid for membership status, you get the benefits of it. You did not pay for the 300% chance.

Agreed. When you donate, you are "donating" and the perks are just bonuses in gratitude for your generosity for helping the server. But like I mentioned to keep players/donaters content, little perks could be added while other can be removed.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
itwill said:
Bluerise said:
Tmcm said:

Agreed. When you donate, you are "donating" and the perks are just bonuses in gratitude for your generosity for helping the server. But like I mentioned to keep players/donaters content, little perks could be added while other can be removed.
New Playerdex coming up, there's Mart etc - bells should be ringing.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
CheckeredZebra said:
Ok, I'm weird, but I get membership for the nice EXP bonus. Not that you're looking for staff opinions, but I DO play the game often and enjoy it as a player as well.

For people with no luck, I find the exp bonus is the best thing membership can give.
Finally, someone who sees Membership the way I do! I concur with you, Checkered - the money and XP gains have always been what I find most appealing about Membership.

Mega.S

Bluerise said:
Tmcm said:

This is what token store say: "
60 Day Membership
For a maximum of 60 days, receive up to 50% more experience, 100% more money and 300% shiny chance in PWO and 1 token off for anything over 5 tokens."

This is what i buy...

Think Blue, if you go buy a car, One volkswagen golf in example... You Buy the version 2.2, and when arrive you see that is version 1.6 that have less power... You talk to seller and he tell you "no problem man still is a golf".. Is this correct?

Naero

Tmcm said:
Bluerise said:
Tmcm said:

60 Day Membership
For a maximum of 60 days, receive up to 50% more experience, 100% more money and 300% shiny chance in PWO and 1 token off for anything over 5 tokens."

This is what i buy...

Think Blue, if you go buy a car, One volkswagen golf in example... You Buy the version 2.2, and when arrive you see that is version 1.6 that have less power... You talk to seller and he tell you "no problem man still is a golf".. Is this correct?

I believe the point he made is that you pay tokens for membership status, as it currently is and that it's subject to change. Although a change for some of the perks is possible at any time, it is not meant to be viewed as false advertisement; any major changes that are likely to cause players to reconsider buying membership are likely announced beforehand with a forewarning, rather than nixing the perks overnight. Shall it be amended, it may be made public knowledge - it'll just ultimately be the player's choice if they want to continue renewing their membership or not.

itwill

Yes, that is false advertising if you buy membership. But you are donating, not buying...
If you went to the dealer and donated money to them and they give you a car as bonus, you can't say they gave you a bad car and sue them for false advertisement.

mad30

Youngster
Tmcm said:
Bluerise said:
Tmcm said:

60 Day Membership

This is what i buy...

My aunt went and bought a red car, when she picked it up, it was silver. They gave her a hat as an apology.

itwill

mad30 said:
Tmcm said:
Bluerise said:
Tmcm said:

60 Day Membership

This is what i buy...

My aunt went and bought a red car, when she picked it up, it was silver. They gave her a hat as an apology.

So where's my hat as an apology? GIve us all PWO hats and we will all be happy!

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Tmcm said:
This is what i buy...

That is stating the benefits. You are not buying the benefits, you are buying the status which gives you the benefits.

Shops generally have a warning that the product information given may not always be accurate and sometimes you receive a product that is similar.

mad30

Youngster
itwill said:
So where's my hat as an apology? GIve us all PWO hats and we will all be happy!

We ran out. You may have a magikarp however.

jellyyybellyyy

Alright, so I support this idea.

My first reaction though was something like "nooo, not my shinies!" which I expect lots of other members are thinking.

The thing is, shinies are supposed to be incredibly rare. Statistically speaking, you're more likely to get struck by lightning than find a shiny in the handhelds. And I think a lot of people are missing the point that you still get an increased shiny chance if you donate. 1/4000 is a lot better than 1/8000.

And personally, I didn't donate for the shiny chance. I wanted the increase in money and exp because I'm the type of player that grinds exp like crazy before every gym battle. I had never, in all of my hours playing the handhelds, caught a shiny besides Gyarados (and with the Lake of Rage, he doesn't really count). Now I have five shiny commons after 140 hours, because of my exp grinding - which I would have never expected.

Yes, there are people who are now used to the 300% increase, and likely don't want that to change. But what's the downside? When you do find shinies, they'll likely be worth a hell of a lot more. And searching for them so long might yield you other good pokemon - search for them in places where HR are, for example, or stat hunt other pokemon while keeping an eye out for a shiny.

As for other ways to compensate donators, I really liked the ideas that itwill mentioned, especially these two:
3. Membership NPC - in every town that sells items (Greatballs, escape ropes, evolution stones(fire,water,moon), rod, bikes, repel all, etc) at no discounted price so its fair.
4. Member teleporter that teleports member from Goldenrod City to Saffron City. This is not game breaking is it? Don't people hate walking from Saffron in Kanto all the way to Goldenrod in Johto just to make a trade? Personally, I think they should unify all players into 1 trading room.

I also think it would be helpful if, in some way, you could keep people who have already bought a set amount of membership time with their tokens with the higher catch rate until that time runs out. For example: say you made the change in January. Person A had already spent tokens on membership for December and January, expecting the higher catch rate. They would keep that catch rate until the end of January, and if they rebought membership for February, then it would change. Person B buys their membership in January, so they would automatically have the lower catch rate.

I don't know if that is possible or reasonable, but it might help with the transition if this happens.

I think there's bound to be an uproar about this either way. I'm just really glad that the staff team is bring it up. One of the other posters made a big deal about us not taking a "vote," but honestly, this kind of input/feedback is probably a better idea - instead of just numbers on a poll.

I would just ask that you keep updating us on this in the future, so we all know what to expect.

Merse

Youngster
First of all, Tokens are not "bought". They are "received" for the exchange of your kind donation to PWO. Devs can decide any time that they won't give any more tokens for donating.
Secondly, You didn't "buy" anything with the tokens. You got gifts from the devs and you can exchange those gifts to something else.
Thirdly, there are warning everywhere: This game is BETA! It means it will crash, it will change, it may be different from what you experienced first.

mad30

Youngster
jelly_mendy said:
I think there's bound to be an uproar about this either way. I'm just really glad that the staff team is bring it up. One of the other posters made a big deal about us not taking a "vote," but honestly, this kind of input/feedback is probably a better idea - instead of just numbers on a poll.
Exactly, If we did a poll people would read the first post, make a vote without putting much thought into it, or even read the discussion and possibly not even bother coming back cept to view the status of the poll.

The way it was done was designed to start a discussion and get real INPUT (not just feedback).

CoolKnightST

InvisibleMonsters said:
i don't agree with this. i pay for my membership and i paid for it because of the shiny increase and it's probably the reason others have bought membership too. when membership is mentioned, it's mentioned about the shiny chance increase. when shinies are brought up, people are told to buy membership for it to be a bit easier to get a shiny. it already can take days to find a shiny you want so decreasing that chance and then you probably not even getting the shiny you want and then having to do that all over again? people pay for membership so they don't have to deal with hunting for weeks to get that shiny they want.

i also think it won't change the economy because everyone has shinies they want so it might increase the prices for SOME things but if everyone already had the shinies they want..it probably won't make the economy better since there might be less supply but there still won't be as much demand based on that. maybe for shiny rares/vr/hr but those are already hard to find (for most people) so those shouldn't have even dropped. either way, people are gonna say no to shiny decrease because they're selfish. they don't wanna hunt for longer, they paid money and for people who want it to fix the economy..they just want that so they can sell things for high prices again and get money. all selfish reasons and i don't think it would really balance anything out and i think it will probably decrease the amount of memberships bought but i could be wrong.

idk, everyone who disagrees with this has basically said it all. there really is no benefit/positive side to this because i really don't think it will change much.
I personaly think membership is pretty cheap. An membership from an month can easy last 3 month with the current downtimes. I agrea most people buy membership for this but if the shiny rate increase in the shop, there will be even more shinys. Since shiny already has that large benefit. They indeed should be reduced anyway. Both for member and regular, maybe that's the deal to keep membership attractive.

For the money reballance, it's maybe time to let the Game Corner back working. With the following rewards:
  • Random baby (Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Natu, Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey, Rattata, Oddish, Diglett, Poliwag, Abra, Magnemite, Grimer, Exeggcute, Horsea, Mr. Jr, Hoppip, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Larvitar ...)
  • Random Eevee collection - every month another one
  • Special (Unown, Castform, Rotom, Porygon)

Special month offers (only avaible for 1 month):
  • random apes ( Aipom "C", Smeargle "UC", Slakoth "R", Pansage "VR", Pansear "VR", Panpour "VR", Chimchar "HR")

Items
  • Mean Latern (alternative evolve for trade evolutions)
  • Dragon Scale
  • Metal Coat
  • Soothe Bell
  • Prism Scale

Those rewards maybe look to valuable but in fact it should be an little rewarded if you spend an hugh amount of pokédolars for it. Let's say it cost like 10 coins for 5k pokédolars/100 coins for 50k. So like 500 pokédolars for 1 coin. Let's say it cost 1000 coins for an baby, 10.000 for an monthly eevee and 100.000 coins for and 1.000.000 coins for an special. That's:
  • 500.000 pokédolars for 1.000 coins
  • 5.000.000 pokédolars for 10.000 coins
  • 50.000.000 pokédolars for 100.000 coins
  • 500.000.000 pokédolars for 1.000.000 coins

These prices seem to be high but in an game corner it's just perfect. You could add the old games but also some new ones like player vs player in this one. I gues I didn't think about everything like the evolution items. There aren't that many items in the game. I just think the Soothe Bell should be there since it mostly evolves baby pokémons with some exeptions.

ch3ck3rmb

can we make maybe in few days a vote?

so everbody can think afte rhe read this thread and will take a intelligent choose...

i prefere your idea and think when other think a while about it, many people will agree.

(i wrote my whole opinion few sides before)

Status
Not open for further replies.