Shiny rate change

What is your position on the change to shiny rate?

• The rate should be changed to 1/4096 no matter what.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The rate should be changed to 1/4096 only if there are more membership bonuses.

• The rate should be changed to 1/4096 in the distant future but not now.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because I think it will break the economy.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because it is the only reason I donate for membership.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because I see no reason why it should change.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Item prices are seperate to the price of pokemon, the surfboard price has recently been made 100k and should stay that way no matter what happens on this subject.

.Blaze_Ot

ok i thought it was all tied together depending on how much money is in circulation. Good news for broke people like me :p

Yukiro~

Youngster
.Blaze_Ot said:
This is a good idea but there could be repercussions. What would the impact on the PWO economy be? Prices for key items like Surfboard could go back to the millions. I do think it is a good idea because a lot of membership users say "a Shiny a day"
This could highly increase pokemons value. Im all for it as long as there are no repercussions O0
I suppose you're right in terms of pokemon price values increasing, I think I'll agree with it in that case.

mad30

Youngster
A poll is now up. Regardless of the outcome of the poll, nothing will be changed for several months. After several months I will then re-start this discussion and create a new poll to see how attitudes have change, if we are still looking at possibly implementing this.

Sound good?

Edit: Here's my conclusion of this topic:
There's somewhere between a 40-60 to a 50-50 split. At this point in time the biggest worry is a) Donation rates and peoples views of donating if changed and b) how will this effect the economy and will it effect it in a way everyone will like.

Merse

Youngster
After several months???? You wnat to wait till the price of S HRs drop to 1m or what? :p There will be newbies who will be against this most necessary change in 2013 or 2014 too.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
In my opinion the rates are good as is they are, its worked for so long there is no point to change it now. By first glance of the names that support changing its looking like money is their motive, those that seeing there pokes prices drop hoping this might make them virtually rich again. You can bet those that support this if its implemented are the first to complaining within the first month of not finding the shiny they after.

Merse

Youngster
And of those who are against it, the main motive is the money, because they afraid that they can't buy shinys for cheap you could say... That's just oversimplification of the issue.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
Sometimes simple explains everything. I don't sell or buy so my opinion is based on what i see people carrying on about alot, this to me just seems to be the new wave in them thinking it will bring back more value to their shinies. If it does happen and it doesn't benefit them they way they wanted they will just jump to the next idea/suggestion. Staff mind probably already made up on whatever they plan on doing anyways and I've had the same shiny luck with and without ms either way.

mad30

Youngster
Merse said:
After several months???? You wnat to wait till the price of S HRs drop to 1m or what? :p There will be newbies who will be against this most necessary change in 2013 or 2014 too.
I was thinking more like 5 mil.. but 1mil wouldnt be too bad.

After all this time, it's better to wait a little longer to make sure this is the best course of action and that the time is right.

The-Predator

Youngster
i totally disagree with these stuff :
1.-is hard to find trusted token sellers there r too many scammers
2.-sometimes when u buy MS u dont even have a chance to find a good S (im talking for experience last months, i spend/waste 100m in MS n tokens for more MS trying to find good S pokes n all i got was some S persians S golbats n S pidgeys)
3.-This means that if shiny rate is decrease by half, price will be too?? or there is going to be some kind of benefit or why players would accept this??....
4.- I dont see any good reason to this not even for players or staff, if u put this thing up many players that used to be MS buyers they just will not be n will try to get money in other ways Donation would decrease as tokens sellers wouldnt have customers etc..

The-Predator

Youngster
Merse said:
And of those who are against it, the main motive is the money, because they afraid that they can't buy shinys for cheap you could say... That's just oversimplification of the issue.

Staff said the PWO economy is not the point, i understand the point of a S poke should be extremely rare i do understand the point of having (just an example) a S gyarados make u famous or something like that I mean in the TV there was only 1 S gyara.... i do understand all of that reasons n those r great reasons!!

But this shall be implemented since PWO was released not now, i mean if u find a S gyarados with the 1/4096 ratio wouldnt make u greater or luckier player than one that already have it with the old rate one n is not even going to be even more expensive cuz now there r too many of those pokes now is too late!!

Merse

Youngster
That is true. But if you read more of my posts here, I already explained the two other factors what makes it important to implement this change.
- There is a high fluctuation of players. Banned players or those who just get bored and leave the game take their shinys with them, so the quantity of shinys would be reduced in 2 months drastically, which is equivalent of increased value and fame of one shiny Pokemon.
- This game is a beta version. This means it's a playable test version, drastic changes are not only acceptable, but sometimes they are expected to be done. Everything they want to implement in the final version must be tested fist in the beta version. Including the reduced shiny chance.

mendesvictor1

The Economy is already Broken, I'm the only who choose -The rate should be changed to 1/4096 in the distant future but not now. Because, when Hoen been added to the game, the chance of shinies should be increased so that shinies have higher added value and stabilize the markets of Kanto and Johto, already saturated.

Merse

Youngster
Why should they wait until then? Why only shinys from the Hoenn region could stabilize the economy? That makes no sense.

The-Predator

Youngster
Merse said:
That is true. But if you read more of my posts here, I already explained the two other factors what makes it important to implement this change.
- There is a high fluctuation of players. Banned players or those who just get bored and leave the game take their shinys with them, so the quantity of shinys would be reduced in 2 months drastically, which is equivalent of increased value and fame of one shiny Pokemon.
- This game is a beta version. This means it's a playable test version, drastic changes are not only acceptable, but sometimes they are expected to be done. Everything they want to implement in the final version must be tested fist in the beta version. Including the reduced shiny chance.

Thats a good point but about reduced in 2 months?? i dont think so... its been years with those rates i mean in my case i have S pokes that people just wanna buy for 50k when i see they wanna buy S pokes for those prices i rather keep em than sell em...n I bet there r people in game with their boxes full of these S commons... so i know that if this new rate is set up into the game it would take lot lot of time to fix things up n I think it would make a drastic change for the same period time althought it would make a better game it would take months (maybe even more) and this of course would not help new people otherwise, this would make rich players even richer n that does not make sense at all, those pokes that are sold at really high prices (S VR, S HR) now r gonna be much more expensive cuz they would be almost impossible to get, while new people or unlucky people that havent found not even a S rare would be selling S commons that wont raise its price cuz players still have em or there are too many in game n wont be getting any benefit or advantage, while those "rich players" sure would be getting benefits on it ....

Thats why i said this shall be implemented since the released or lot of time before,

SouljaH

sorry dont know if this has already been brought up or not but i wouldnt mind seeing the shiny rate changed so its harder as long as the shiny pokes are all 31iv in stats from now on...why bother getting MS hunt for a S poke when u can catch a normal one with better IVs in the areas that matter....and maybe this might help the economy out as well ??

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
SouljaH said:
sorry dont know if this has already been brought up or not but i wouldnt mind seeing the shiny rate changed so its harder as long as the shiny pokes are all 31iv in stats from now on...why bother getting MS hunt for a S poke when u can catch a normal one with better IVs in the areas that matter....and maybe this might help the economy out as well ??
The appeal of Shinies is supposed to be their rareness/uniqueness, hence why their stats weren't raised in any game other than PWO.

Mega.S

Chocobo7 said:
SouljaH said:
The appeal of Shinies is supposed to be their rareness/uniqueness, hence why their stats weren't raised in any game other than PWO.

In my opinion is bad one shiney is more weak or slow than a normal pokemon...

Status
Not open for further replies.