Shiny rate change

What is your position on the change to shiny rate?

• The rate should be changed to 1/4096 no matter what.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The rate should be changed to 1/4096 only if there are more membership bonuses.

• The rate should be changed to 1/4096 in the distant future but not now.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because I think it will break the economy.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because it is the only reason I donate for membership.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because I see no reason why it should change.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mad30

Youngster
A suggestion raised up over a year ago among the staff has now been re-examined and we are looking for the players input.

Currently we are looking to decrease the chance of finding a shiny for members to 1/4096. This is half as much as it is now (1/2048). The rate for non membership shiny chance will not be effected. This will make it harder for people with membership to find shiny pokemon.

This topic is for the sole purpose of discussing the shiny rate and to get players input. If the topic gets derailed to far, we will ask you to get back on track.

Remember, nothing has been written in stone as of yet.

Just want to clarify, the current membership bonus for shiny rate is 4 times of a greater chance than non members.

PROMapperKnuckles

Youngster
Would like to say that there are always pros and cons to things.

To me, I would like to say that I would love to see this, as it would most likely get more people donating to have a good chance for shinies which increases money for more servers and updates, as well as gives us a better chance at maybe finding better shinies. Me personally though would rather see different pokes added into the game instead but thats not what this is about.

At the same time, i believe this may not be as good a idea as it will increase the number of shinies by a ton, and by that happening the economy will only drop, and the way it looks the PWO economy is crazy low at the moment as it is.

All in all, I would still have to lean more to the change of the shiny rate simply for my own want of finding rarer shinies haha....

Either choice, Thank you staff for a great game and keep up the good work! CANT WAIT for the new playerdex and token store with the updated Shiny Chance so i can go for Some EPIC S Token store pokes!

mad30

Youngster
knuckles002 said:
Would like to say that there are always pros and cons to things.

To me, I would like to say that I would love to see this, as it would most likely get more people donating to have a good chance for shinies which increases money for more servers and updates, as well as gives us a better chance at maybe finding better shinies. Me personally though would rather see different pokes added into the game instead but thats not what this is about.

At the same time, i believe this may not be as good a idea as it will increase the number of shinies by a ton, and by that happening the economy will only drop, and the way it looks the PWO economy is crazy low at the moment as it is.

All in all, I would still have to lean more to the change of the shiny rate simply for my own want of finding rarer shinies haha....

Either choice, Thank you staff for a great game and keep up the good work! CANT WAIT for the new playerdex and token store with the updated Shiny Chance so i can go for Some EPIC S Token store pokes!
You have things mixed around, it will be HARDER to find shinies for people with membership.

PROMapperKnuckles

Youngster
Yeah just reread that part haha, wow " I feel dumb " anyways, reverse all my sayings haha... except the part about the new playerdex and the staff doing a great job. Keep that the same, sorry Mad.

Saric

Youngster
I've no problem with this. It would, hopefully, decrease the rate that the main shiny battlers would pop up (namely growlithe)

PROMapperKnuckles

Youngster
Also with that being said, i would not like to see that happen as its hard enough to find Shinies as it is for me anyways. I have 1105 Hours of playtime, and just for the first time found a S rare about a week ago. Then again I guess sometimes it is based on luck but if it is to make it harder for shinies I would have to say im against it.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I think this is too late. The shiny horses have already bolted- or been caught. The people who have already caught rare shinies will be the lucky ones and it is just taking something away from current and future membership benefits. I'm not sure where the positive aspect of this change is to be honest. O0

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Cali_Convict said:
why would I ever buy membership then?
There's still an increased chance, it's just being decreased from the current one.

You're more than welcome to raise up a new topic concerning ideas for us to expand membership.

mad30

Youngster
Cali_Convict said:
why would I ever buy membership then?
200% chance of finding a shiny
Increase in exp
Increase in money
Discounts on the token store

I am not trying to find ways to get people to donate, I am trying to make what I think would be a more balance game. Wouldn't you prefer that over trying to force people to donate?

hellraiser

is hard to find a Shiny poke even with membership why to decreese the chance on getting one? i even play some times 4 days without finding any S poke, and i play at least 6-8 h per day, maybe non-members will agree on this because the shiny rate change wouldn't affect them at all.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
hellraiser said:
is hard to find a Shiny poke even with membership why to decreese the chance on getting one? i even play some times 4 days without finding any S poke, and i play at least 6-8 h per day, maybe non-members will agree on this because the shiny rate change wouldn't affect them at all.
Actually... put some more thought into it.

Tombradyrocks

I would be against this for a few reasons, some selfish, some not. I know there are XP, money, and token store discounts involved with membership as well, but the shiny chance is the main selling point. Even as is, by no means is it easy to find S Rares. I've found only one S Rare in over 1000 hours of playing, a majority of that time with membership. Decreasing the chance for members would make hunting shinies feel like a wild goose chase. Also, this would kill the market for tokens, membership is what keeps the token price from dipping even farther. Basically I think it's fair as is. It isn't hard to get membership, and the S chance gives new people a chance to get nice Pokemon themselves. That's just my two cents on it

hellraiser

well i agree with you tomb, this is the only thing that made me buy membership

Nikola

Youngster
200% chance was one of my suggestions in topics related to PWO's economy. Changing encounter rate itself probably will not have a huge impact on economy since everyone has already bought power. I wonder now wouldn't be logical to decrease MS price something like 2/3 tokens per month, or leave it 5/6 but for 1 month of in-game time otherwise there is hardly any balance visible and something is out of order. There were 2 (S)Dratini spawns in short period of time and I think people who got them will not even bother to state their opinion here. I will not mention other HR spawns though. Hardly any balance is visible there. Usually everyone comes to extinguish the fire when it's to late.

mad30

Youngster
Darcia said:
200% chance was one of my suggestions in topics related to PWO's economy. Changing encounter rate itself probably will not have a huge impact on economy since everyone has already bought power. I wonder now wouldn't be logical to decrease MS price something like 2/3 tokens per month, or leave it 5/6 but for 1 month of in-game time otherwise there is hardly any balance visible and something is out of order. There were 2 (S)Dratini spawns in short period of time and I think people who got them will not even bother to state their opinion here. I will not mention other HR spawns though. Hardly any balance is visible there. Usually everyone comes to extinguish the fire when it's to late.
We also have another balance change line up, that at this point in time we aren't making public. This is a more sensitive issue so we wanted to get the players input, however the other balance change will have a much larger effect.

The game's economy has always been under discussion and to a point has limited what has been done because we are having to work within the economy. Some quest has elements in them that are a result of the current state of the economy at the time, this should never happen in a MMO.

This is how I personally came to the conclusion that a change in the shiny rate needed to be change (I came to this conclusion over a year ago):
1) How difficult is it to find a shiny compared to what the expectations of finding a shiny SHOULD BE?
2) How diifficult is it to find a shiny compared to finding an HR? What are the rates for both of them?
3) Why is the current shiny rate set at the rate it is currently? Does it make sense? How does it match up with the other membership bonuses.
4) How does the shiny rates affect the new players vs old player balance? How does the shiny rates affect members and non members balance?

Then for every possibility of a change I asked me those 4 questions again except for "How will this change affect ..."

Jav890

There's a good thing and a bad thing. The good thing is that the players will pay more to s so like an s golbat cost now 100k later it will cost like 250k xD. The bad thing is that u will be really boring to play this game for at least find an good s common. And that's my opinion xD!!!!!!

Dovee

Youngster
people catch shiny pokemon like fruit flys at the current rate.

Mega.S

I think is hard find shineys now... I have play more than 8h all days... and i LF S eggs for 2 moths and i dont find him..

Other thing is that people only buy Ms for have more chance to find shineys.. not becouse ,Increase in ex,Increase in money or Discounts on the token store...
If you reduce shiney chance you go reduce numbers of players that buy ms...

Other think is that is easy talk if you are rich now and have lots of shiney, becouse lots of players go change the mind if they lose all money or shineys...

And in my opinion the price of shineys are low now becouse we have no market to make easy sales and get money, when new market arrive price of shineys go rise again...

One more thing is if guys stay all days Lf something and never find nothing game will be boring, and lots of plays go left the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.