Shiny rate change

What is your position on the change to shiny rate?

• The rate should be changed to 1/4096 no matter what.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The rate should be changed to 1/4096 only if there are more membership bonuses.

• The rate should be changed to 1/4096 in the distant future but not now.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because I think it will break the economy.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because it is the only reason I donate for membership.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because I see no reason why it should change.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemaster828

Look, I'm just saying common pokemon like pikachu (power plant) or Mantine (Route 41?) should stay common or at least be lowered to rare as those are pokemon that are highly popular and way too hard to find in game. Well maybe Mantine isn't so popular but he's a pokemon I catch in every pokemon game and he was never rare.

Saric

Youngster
Pokemaster828 said:
Look, I'm just saying common pokemon like pikachu (power plant) or Mantine (Route 41?) should stay common or at least be lowered to rare as those are pokemon that are highly popular and way too hard to find in game. Well maybe Mantine isn't so popular but he's a pokemon I catch in every pokemon game and he was never rare.
Pikachu isn't common in power plant. It's listed as very rare. And mantine is listed as horribly rare.

CoolKnightST

Pokemaster828 said:
Well in fact they could release pichu and Mantyke in the futher and set it as more common (let say rare) in the game.

Another thing: Why don't develop breeding first before the shiny rate? These methode made getting an shiny an lot easyer since they could focus themself on 1 pokémon species. In this game for example you could remove the ditto function so you need 2 of the same pokémon to be able to breed them. I'm not sure for the female only pokémon. Maybe alternative males could be made for this process (like different color or brand new pokémon like male version of jynx and clefary)

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Breeding as it is in the handhelds is
1. Complicated
2. Could ruin the value of every pokemon, because once you had one pokemon + another breedable poke, you could get a ton of them. =P

The biggest value I see from breeding is increasing the Movepools for PvP/other PvP aspects that breeding broadens. This would require a huge new coding project as well as a refitted system that would better balance the "MMO" aspect of the game.

Merse

Youngster
Breeding would ruin PWO completely. There is a good reason why it isn't implemented in any Pokemon MMO. THere are lot easier ways to extend the movepool of Pokemon.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
Breeding can be implemented with some sort of a cd to add balance to it. Lets say a 7 or 14 day cd

Maideza

Breeding online is a horrible idea.

Unless you truly want to mess up everything - then go ahead.

Pokemaster828

Breeding would not ruin the game, it would just keep people from charging hundreds of millions for one pokemon. And that's not such a bad thing.

Merse

Youngster
In short: It would ruin the game. It would ruin the market, player to player transactions would cease to exist. It would ruin the value and the respect of any Pokemon, because you can breed them easily. it would ruin PVP because everyone would breed exactly the same Pokemon with all 31 IVs. It would take maybe a year or two and PWO would be dead.

Tecknician

Locking topic as this has become about daycares and no longer about shiny pokemon. Likewise It does not appear the staff is going to do anything, or if they do another topic will be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.