Shiny rate change

What is your position on the change to shiny rate?

• The rate should be changed to 1/4096 no matter what.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The rate should be changed to 1/4096 only if there are more membership bonuses.

• The rate should be changed to 1/4096 in the distant future but not now.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because I think it will break the economy.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because it is the only reason I donate for membership.

• The rate should stay at 1/2048 because I see no reason why it should change.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Tmcm said:
I think is hard find shineys now... I have play more than 8h all days... and i LF S eggs for 2 moths and i dont find him..

Other thing is that people only buy Ms for have more chance to find shineys.. not becouse ,Increase in ex,Increase in money or Discounts on the token store...
If you reduce shiney chance you go reduce numbers of players that buy ms...

Other think is that is easy talk if you are rich now and have lots of shiney, becouse lots of players go change the mind if they lose all money or shineys...

And in my opinion the price of shineys are low now becouse we have no market to make easy sales and get money, when new market arrive price of shineys go rise again...

One more thing is if guys stay all days Lf something and never find nothing game will be boring, and lots of plays go left the game...

The game is already boring... without quest and a full battle system so, don't worry. The players will adapt to the change/s, as we all did when the shiny stats were reduced to what they're now. Some players will left the game acting like childs, some will complain, some will agree, some will be happy, some will buy more membership because will be harder, etc.

And the prices are a crazy thing still... dratini / eevee, they used to be worth 1m in the old days, means that the prices are still crazy...

Mirral

I completely agree with HitmonFonty and the others i have over 1000 hours and only 1 shiny rare i feel like if it was to change now the only people that would be suffering is the new members and i don't feel like that's fare.I seriously doubt it will effect all the people that have shiny R/HR/VR pokes besides make them more wealthy.Either way glad that staff is trying to fix some things Thank you for all the hard work guys :)

CoolKnightST

If the shiny chance from the token store increase it would be logical that shiny rare drops to this level. I only think members should get something in return for it. For example discount on relearning attacks or market.

Merse

Youngster
I think reducing the shiny chance is a very good idea.
However, I think that reducing it only for the members is not fair. Members pay - as others already stated it before me - primarily for the shiny chance. We have too many shiny Pokemon in the game anyway, which are not caught only by members. I would say, the shiny chance should be reduced overall. If it's 1/4096 for Members, make it 1/12288 or 1/16384 for non-members! So shinys would be rarer than the rarest HR and it would really be a reason to celebrate if you find one. Or, you have to make some serious ingame compensation for Membership. Even more increased XP or money gain definitely wouldn't be enough to keep your members.
On the other hand it would make the already too significant luck factor even more important. Currently, if you find a S VR/HR, you're rich. But Pokemon encounters are based on pure luck. IF we reduce the encounter chance, then even a S Rare will make you insanely rich.
On the first hand again, this change wouldn't reduce the chance of normal encounters, and if (IF!) this change would increase the prices of good normal Pokemon as well, then it may would balance out the reduced shiny chance.

In short: I support the idea of reducing the shiny chance, but only for the whole game, members and non-members alike.

InvisibleMonsters

i don't agree with this. i pay for my membership and i paid for it because of the shiny increase and it's probably the reason others have bought membership too. when membership is mentioned, it's mentioned about the shiny chance increase. when shinies are brought up, people are told to buy membership for it to be a bit easier to get a shiny. it already can take days to find a shiny you want so decreasing that chance and then you probably not even getting the shiny you want and then having to do that all over again? people pay for membership so they don't have to deal with hunting for weeks to get that shiny they want.

i also think it won't change the economy because everyone has shinies they want so it might increase the prices for SOME things but if everyone already had the shinies they want..it probably won't make the economy better since there might be less supply but there still won't be as much demand based on that. maybe for shiny rares/vr/hr but those are already hard to find (for most people) so those shouldn't have even dropped. either way, people are gonna say no to shiny decrease because they're selfish. they don't wanna hunt for longer, they paid money and for people who want it to fix the economy..they just want that so they can sell things for high prices again and get money. all selfish reasons and i don't think it would really balance anything out and i think it will probably decrease the amount of memberships bought but i could be wrong.

idk, everyone who disagrees with this has basically said it all. there really is no benefit/positive side to this because i really don't think it will change much.

Nikola

Youngster
While myself is having almost identical questions so I would try to answer them from my point of view instead of asking.
mad30 said:
1) How difficult is it to find a shiny compared to what the expectations of finding a shiny SHOULD BE?
-For some people especially hackers getting a shiny with them being OT of them is a piece of cake. They should be "super rare" more rare then HR is. I probably saw them few but I cannot fight against bad luck. Even if I am not satisfied with my shiny spawns I can't disagree with you since people are getting them to much easy and almost everyone is having their small shiny garden.

mad30 said:
2) How diifficult is it to find a shiny compared to finding an HR? What are the rates for both of them?
-To be honest I did saw more shiny then a HRs. Only HR I saw is dratini in water lab. I don't know how they are marked in database but I think that encountering 10 shiny with 0 HRs isn't right?

mad30 said:
3) Why is the current shiny rate set at the rate it is currently? Does it make sense? How does it match up with the other membership bonuses.
-Membership status used to be luxury before, now everyone can get one for cheap. To those who are donating 5/6 tokens to give MS to someone will be the same. And they will be rewarded with charity something like 12 mils of pokemoney wile it used to be 25 mils or more before.

mad30 said:
4) How does the shiny rates affect the new players vs old player balance? How does the shiny rates affect members and non members balance?
-State politics are always stomping poor segment of a citizens. New players aren't able to buy anything good from a old players. While old player is having a shiny garden and teasing a newbies. So basically a newbie can see a goal that he will newer reach seeing an old player dictate. Or you must be a damn lucky to get something on your way to trade city. I even wonder is that one of the reasons why newbie turns evil and starts hacking. Members and non members balance shouldn't depend on encounter rate only though. I was always optimistic so I am going to be with new playerdex. Can I see the hope? Yes I can!

New client and a new playerdex...Something that can give you hope for sure...In near future I wish there is an autoban script running which tells you what certain subject is injecting within .exe file. With new client and "amplified" server code. Why not? Hell... I would even close registrations for a certain period of time at some point or make it similar as they were before. To clean game from unwanted part of a players and speedhackers. Above all IRC would be lively again. 2 of 50 visitors would stay idle there. Who the hell is going to be active since chatroom is usually dead. This is only my opinion and I am saying this from my point of view since i saw #pwo and #pwo-other with old registration system and i can see it now.

Lovelost

Would you also be lowering the price of membership then, since you are debuffing one of the things put out?

~Lovelost

FroggeReborn

if the Shiny chance is bumped down to 200% im not getting Membership anymore, the whole reason i got MS in the first place was because of the % , ive found more shinies in past few weeks then i have when i was a non-member.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Lovelost said:
Would you also be lowering the price of membership then, since you are debuffing one of the things put out?

~Lovelost
Yet we'll be buffing it up with more come the Playerdex update. When Mt Silver was released, should we have buffered it up in price? The 6 tokens is a fixed price and is not based on what Membership actually does for the Player.

Sinorek

lol, this is increible, the staff are crazy or what??? find shiny is really hard, im hunting 1 month (yes 1 month) playing 6 hours for day for get my S Growlite, is really hard, and now you have planned down the rate? lol, i think i go to quite......

PD: I think we are talking about ppl legally play, or not? bot's are not my problem, im play legall and for me is very hard get a Shiny, not fair to them we see ourselves affected...

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Sinorek said:
lol, this is increible, the staff are crazy or what??? find shiny is really hard, im hunting 1 month (yes 1 month) playing 6 hours for day for get my S Growlite, is really hard, and now you have planned down the rate? lol, i think i go to quite......
It's not like we're considering making it harder than non-members. ;)

mad30

Youngster
Sinorek said:

PD: I think we are talking about ppl legally play, or not? bot's are not my problem, im play legall and for me is very hard get a Shiny, not fair to them we see ourselves affected...
Legal players, bots will always make it easier and are not a good representation.

You think it's hard to find a shiny rare? Shiny rate was meant to be hard to find a shiny common! That is one of the main reasons this issue was brought up, people are viewing shiny commons as crap, and shiny rares as the standard. This should not be the case, shiny commons were meant to be difficult to find, and shiny rares nothing but pure luck.

How many shiny commons have you found? How many Horrible rares have you found? Someone earlier posted they thought it's taken a long time to find a shiny common hunting for 4 days 6-8 hours a day. I find it crazy to think that people expect to find a shiny common in 3 days, and this ties directly back to how common shiny pokemon are becoming.

Bluerise pulled some information from the database and about half of a percent of all pokemon caught were shiny. 1 our of every 200 pokemon are shiny. 1 out of every 200. Do you believe that is a good ratio?

If the only reason people are buying membership, are the other perks that bad or is the shiny bonus just that good. There shouldn't only be one reason for people to buy membership, it clearly indicates something is unbalanced. Can you not agree? Yes we will continue to try to improve membership perks but if the only reason people buy them is for the shiny bonus, why don't we just remove every other perk all together?

Mega.S

Other thing i forguet say, people that already buy ms pay for this conditions:
300% chance of finding a shiny
Increase in exp
Increase in money
Discounts on the token store

And if you go change this conditions now you cant change conditions of players that already have buy ms becouse is not correct one person pay for one think and after have other...

And i also think is hard programing 2 difrent tipes of ms, for people that have buy and for people that go buy now....

darkblade210

meh i bought membership for the shiny chance and may have to rethink about rebuying it

but i guess if people think its worth trying. Watch out though with this shiny battlers may become rare and may shoot the price through the roof really putting a block in the economy

and i think the reason shiny commons are worthless is because more often then not they are worthless outside of looking at them

hellraiser

so you want to say that 1 poke from 200 is shiny ? wow nice, but is a fairytale dude, i play like 8h+ per day, and it seem's that i found till now like 4-5 S poke per week, i've been looking for 2 days + for a shiny and no luck... so why to decreese the S rate? the best thing is to put it on a vote and see what's the % to change or not the shiny rate

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
hellraiser said:
so you want to say that 1 poke from 200 is shiny ? wow nice, but is a fairytale dude, i play like 8h+ per day, and it seem's that i found till now like 4-5 S poke per week, i've been looking for 2 days + for a shiny and no luck... so why to decreese the S rate? the best thing is to put it on a vote and see what's the % to change or not the shiny rate
Polls don't encourage people to give feedback and think about things.

mad30

Youngster
hellraiser said:
so you want to say that 1 poke from 200 is shiny ?
No, 1 out of 200 pokemon in the database is a shiny pokemon. As in if you took 200 pokemon from the database, 1 should be shiny.

If you took 2000 pokemon from the database, 10 should be shiny (this is on average)

WolxTheHunter

Banned
mad30 said:
This is how I personally came to the conclusion that a change in the shiny rate needed to be change (I came to this conclusion over a year ago):
1) How difficult is it to find a shiny compared to what the expectations of finding a shiny SHOULD BE?
2) How diifficult is it to find a shiny compared to finding an HR? What are the rates for both of them?
3) Why is the current shiny rate set at the rate it is currently? Does it make sense? How does it match up with the other membership bonuses.
4) How does the shiny rates affect the new players vs old player balance? How does the shiny rates affect members and non members balance?

Then for every possibility of a change I asked me those 4 questions again except for "How will this change affect ..."

The question can also be: Why do it now and not for years ago? Changin' it now instead @ the start to know the fact that this would be happen (complains and decreases)?

Status
Not open for further replies.