Shane's log

G

Ah yes i see venomoth, i just noticed this is because its also another type of pokemon.
I will fix this.

EDIT: Will be working next server restarts

HOF69

Thanks Shane! Also, now that Dream Eater works properly, is it possible for you to change its accuracy back to 100%? It's accuracy was nerfed to 90% a while ago because it was able to hit without the opponent being asleep.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Thanks for updating the game Shane. I wonder if you can look into Outrage, Thrash and petal dance. Thrash should be powered at 120 with accuracy 100% and confuses after 2-3 turns which would make lots of useless pokemon be a good ones and Petal dance which should be powered at 120 and at 100% accuracy and it hits every turn for 2-3 turns then confuses the user. it would be a great point in reviving some grass battlers like venusaur for example. Especially outrage..it was made to have 95 accuracy...move was changed several times, only number play, power accuracy and so on but actual fix was never made.. it should be 100 accuracy with a power 120 as it should make the user confused after 2-3 turns too just like thrash but even if leaving the power aside it should be full accuracy in fact it can really ruin people's will for battling and makes us sick..sick of losing battles we should never lose..Once again thank you for doing updates. Together with trade, battle is the most important part of an MMO. I am glad you are aware of that. Thank you.

ZombieSalad

Extremely impressed with these updates! Quick question tho: Do healing moves cause negative priority on the following round? I recently went into a PvP and used Recover on my Starmie against a poke which was slower, and on the following turn, my opponent went first. (as far as I remember there were no stat increases/decreases to cause this otherwise)

P.S. Sorry if this was answered before.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
ZombieSalad said:
Extremely impressed with these updates! Quick question tho: Do healing moves cause negative priority on the following round? I recently went into a PvP and used Recover on my Starmie against a poke which was slower, and on the following turn, my opponent went first. (as far as I remember there were no stat increases/decreases to cause this otherwise)

P.S. Sorry if this was answered before.

Healing Moves do not inherently cause speed-reduction repercussions on the user, unless there are data flags in the database marked specifically for the move to have a stat-reducing effect on the user, or negative priority. If there is any stat-reducing effect to a move, it will be announced in the sidelog in the battle system; the mechanical nature of any secondary effect dictates it so that secondary effects are always announced in the battle log, on the side-screen.

In the following turn, in the scenario that you've described, was one of these priority moves deployed?

ZombieSalad

Kaiser pointed out to me that paralysis now lowers speed. It may have been paralyzed, but I'm not sure.

Dragon16

Youngster
so i found this bug:
9bFQpjo.png

if it were already paralized it would say that it is already paralized, also saw it happen when i used Icebeam on a Venomoth and it said the same thing, as if it is unaffected by Freeze.
could you take a look at it Shane pls.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Dragon16 said:
so i found this bug:
9bFQpjo.png

if it were already paralized it would say that it is already paralized, also saw it happen when i used Icebeam on a Venomoth and it said the same thing, as if it is unaffected by Freeze.
could you take a look at it Shane pls.

Paralysis is only displayed when you are paralyzed by a move and again when you are 'fully paralyzed'. Any turn you are not fully paralyzed there will be no other indication you are still paralyzed. This is indeed a problem but probably not fixed by battle dialogue, rather by icons showing any status effects on our ingame pokemon display where it shows hp only currently.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Just to add, the "already paralysed" message is only triggered if an attack would re-apply the Paralysis status to a Pokémon that already has it. If the attack wouldn't cause Paralysis or it fails, you wouldn't see it.

nemo55

Hello Shane,

I just want to report a move that seems to be really bugged in battles for whatever reason at the moment. Toxic is the move of discussion here. For example I was battling my dear friend Fadoka. He started with a Tyranitar, I started with Umbreon. I hit him with a Toxic, he responded with a Rock Slide I believe...then suddenly that move only took off 5 HP off my Umbreon, the bad poison was effecting my Umbreon and not his Tyrantitar..eventually my Umbreon died somehow and it dragged along Tyranitar with it. :eek:

Another example is when I faced Darcia, I began with Umbreon, he began with his S Dragonite from HELL. I chose the move "toxic" obviously he through in a few dragon dances while toxic took its effects properly...as my Umbreon had no chance it fainted and Dragonite was victorious, then I took out Lapras, chose the move Ice Shard, killing off that Dragonite, but the thing is...that badly poisoned Dragonite, dragged along my Lapras too and made it faint. It seems as though bad poison also works like a destiny bond ability.. :eek:

Toxic move needs URGENT FIXING! I don't know how things all of a sudden got F'd up but it seems to have all changed since the 2 day downtime..Shane feel free to visit BlaZe xat chat or even test battle with one of us so you can witness this. Thanks!! :D

Sanven

One error here i think, accordint to me psychic moves supereffective over poison type pokes..!!!"
But look here whats happening :

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 987

Sanven

kaiser6tn said:
Psywave doesn't take type effectiveness into account, even though it is listed as a psychic type move it deals typeless damage. It is also how the move works on handhelds
oh.. thx :) then sorry for the post..!!!

HOF69

Shane, Cloyster can be frozen when it should be immune since it's part Ice type.

http://prntscr.com/3rradn

Along the same line, Shellder is missing the moves Shell Smash and Razor Shell from its move pool.