Shane's log

BlackBloodz

" Rattata is now purple." .. My dream finally came true!
Thanks for the wonderful job.

Buggot

julio2503 said:
Buggot said:
Hey Shane,
I saw that some abilities are now in game. Are they fully implemented? If so, where can I find what ability my pokemon has?
The abilities that are now in game are recorded in Shane's log. You can find which ability your pokémon has on your pokédex.

What if I have 2 of the same pokemon in party? How do I know which is which?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
So far only one ability per pokemon is ingame. So if the ability is ingame, then every pokemon with that ability will have it.

Just to note also, this is still the correct place to put any glitches or issues that come up with Shane's updates. We will do what we can with any that arise.

Brennan

Youngster
Correct, no Pokemon in PWO is set to have more then one ability at the moment. There are several abilities added and as you can see in main post, all those abilities we have are already listed in Pokedex. We don't have any ability that might not be "visible" to you people.

euro7692

I have read the move tri attack is now work corectly by when i use that move in game it's only burn.

Sanven

I wish i had reported this earlier,
but is it possible now to have multiple status effects at once in this new client now??
because currently if one is frozen he cant be put to sleep or to paralyse..!!!
Multi status effect would be cooll :)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Merse said:
There is no new client....

Due to the updates Shane has made we are now able to change things we could not do so before. I'm not sure about multiple status effects, or if that is even a client update , or if a pokemon should be able to be paralysed when it is frozen or not. But until it is looked into, we won't know if it's possible or not.

HOF69

HitmonFonty said:
Merse said:

Due to the updates Shane has made we are now able to change things we could not do so before. I'm not sure about multiple status effects, or if that is even a client update , or if a pokemon should be able to be paralysed when it is frozen or not. But until it is looked into, we won't know if it's possible or not.

Actually, the problem regarding status ailments is a bit different than described. Right now it is possible for one status ailment to overwrite the effects of another. For example, if a burned Pokemon is hit by Thunder Wave, the paralysis effect will overwrite burn. This isn't possible in the handhelds. Freeze, paralysis, burn, sleep, poison and bad poison are known as major status ailments and are incapable of overwriting one another. However, in PWO minor status ailments such as confusion and leech seed can also overwrite burn, sleep, etc. In the handhelds, a Pokemon can be confused and burned at the same time. In other words, major and minor status ailments can be stacked on one another.

xPecT

HOF69 said:
HitmonFonty said:
Merse said:

Actually, the problem regarding status ailments is a bit different than described. Right now it is possible for one status ailment to overwrite the effects of another. For example, if a burned Pokemon is hit by Thunder Wave, the paralysis effect will overwrite burn. This isn't possible in the handhelds. Freeze, paralysis, burn, sleep, poison and bad poison are known as major status ailments and are incapable of overwriting one another. However, in PWO minor status ailments such as confusion and leech seed can also overwrite burn, sleep, etc. In the handhelds, a Pokemon can be confused and burned at the same time. In other words, major and minor status ailments can be stacked on one another.

Basically here if you use Toxic to poison a target and then use Thunder Wave , poison will disappear and target will get paralyzed instead. That sucks. Totally breaks out PvP. That and not being able to switch pokemons because it "bugs" the game. Those 2 things totally take out the joy of playing pokemon battles. And i bet that everyone who knows about this feels this way too. Sucks :/

Sanven

xPecT said:
Basically here if you use Toxic to poison a target and then use Thunder Wave , poison will disappear and target will get paralyzed instead. That sucks. Totally breaks out PvP. That and not being able to switch pokemons because it "bugs" the game. Those 2 things totally take out the joy of playing pokemon battles. And i bet that everyone who knows about this feels this way too. Sucks :/
Switching no more bugs the game, its been perfected by Shane..!!!

Now there's nor problem in switching, yet people prefer to kill their poke in front of type weakness..

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
If there were hazards and phazing I'm pretty sure switching would be tolerated by players (I know I would for example), otherwise no as I think it would cause battles to drag unnecessarily (imo it's a bit pointless to accept switching while lacking ways of using strategies that can take advantage of that). However given the current state of things, I wouldn't count on any of these to be added anytime soon... or at all for that matter

Sanven

kaiser6tn said:
If there were hazards and phazing I'm pretty sure switching would be tolerated by players (I know I would for example), otherwise no as I think it would cause battles to drag unnecessarily (imo it's a bit pointless to accept switching while lacking ways of using strategies that can take advantage of that). However given the current state of things, I wouldn't count on any of these to be added anytime soon... or at all for that matter

Switching now won't drag battle anymore, because if you attack with a move, it will hit the poke, even the switched pokemon, but it allowed more strategies to use, like first use poison from one pokemon then attack with other poke...!!!
Lots varieties of strategies can be allowed if allowed switching..!!! We've seen in anime how amazing it is the battle with switching :)

n just like anime, if switching out poke and resting a poke could make pokemon heal would be more great, because when you actually rest a poke and switch out, the rest the pokemon, it becomes somehow fresh when it comes back :) Switching was used only for this in anime..!!!

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
Anime should never ever be used for any sort of reference on what battling is concerned and if that's what you base your reasoning on then I'm sorry but there is absolutely no way I can take you seriously

Sanven

If anime isn't taken seriously in reference for this or other pokemon games, n just copying what nintendo did..!!!

Then its nothing new playing pokemon x n y or other or this game..!!!

Well thats just my point of view, I thought there would be some one or some game which would make game like real anime..!!! That way, PWO could gain world's popularity..!!!!
Thats it, I dont want any more conversation on this topic, because you all just don't seem to understand me.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
One of the good things about PWO is that we can take what works from both the handheld games and the anime, as well as adding original content when appropriate. Nothing should be dismissed just because it is from the anime, or any other source. The only consideration is whether we could or should make the idea work here or not.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
There is a single reason for me not to want anything from the anime applied to the battle system, the fact that rules and sometimes even type matchups are ignored on favor of 'plot convenience' (i know it used to be like this back when I used to watch it and I doubt it has changed at all since then). To put it bluntly, rules are ******it on the anime.