Shane's log

nemo55

Hi Shane, absolutely amazing updates thus far and the community is growing yet again slowly but surely!! :)

I also would like to report a bug...I will let the picture do the talking..

DOhL0pv.png
As you can see, with increased spdef and Venomoths typing being what it is Psychic/Bug it just doesn't make sense how Dream Eater from a Lapras took off that much damage...

Orean

Website
twitter.com
nemo55 said:
Hi Shane, absolutely amazing updates thus far and the community is growing yet again slowly but surely!! :)

DOhL0pv.png
As you can see, with increased spdef and Venomoths typing being what it is Psychic/Bug it just doesn't make sense how Dream Eater from a Lapras took off that much damage...

I believe the underlying bug, which you've reported, is that stat-changing conditions do not take into effect immediately; they are impactless until the following turn, thus the stat changes make no difference until the next turn. In the battle-system loop used for turns, the stats are not calculated in any other action—the Dream Eater attack it sustained, for example—during the turn it is used on, thus the stats aren't effectively added until that turn loop ends.

Thank you for the report, and I hope that clarifies the exact problem that needs to be resolved.

Dragon16

Youngster
nemo55 said:

DOhL0pv.png
Venomoth is Bug/Poison not Bug/Psychic

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Dragon16 said:
nemo55 said:

DOhL0pv.png
Psychic is super effective on poison-types and damage should be 2x.

Mega.S

You are fantastic Shane!! =)
PWO never will be the same with you!! =)

HOF69

In the most recent client update, you made Ice Pokemon immune to being frozen. Was the same done for Fire Pokemon being burned or Poison Pokemon being poisoned? If not, those would be nice updates.:)

nemo55

Dragon16 said:
nemo55 said:

DOhL0pv.png

Silly me! ^-^

Sanven

Hey Shane, there's a bug in move bulldoze, it should decrease speed,
but currently it is increasing speed of opponent.!!!
you can see in the attached image.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 424

Dragon16

Youngster
it has happened once again... Boosters have become way too over powered...
maybe some new moves (TMs, Move Tutors like Sucker Punch) could help even out the playing field.

G

Ok boosters did not come OP, the server had some incorrect code from way back which showed you guys wrong stat changes in battle and stuff.
I just fixed this now

Saurus

Banned
There is just one thing that bothers me. Can you please look into making a skin that goes along with all the new changes/updates of the client.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Saurus said:
There is just one thing that bothers me. Can you please look into making a skin that goes along with all the new changes/updates of the client.
Well, skin is up to date along all the updates. What's wrong?

Dragon16

Youngster
i found something strange with the scroll button in game
xe0IlF0.png

the area with the arrows, if you click it like i did trying to see the iv's of the Eevee in the picture it clicks the scroll button instead of the eevee, as if the scroll button is too wide.

BuddhaSama

Welcome back Shane! Nice updates! Was wondering , are you planing on fixing the mart or making breeding available? ^^

The-Predator

Youngster
BuddhaSama said:
Welcome back Shane! Nice updates! Was wondering , are you planing on fixing the mart or making breeding available? ^^

Do you mean mart like auction house? if so, then, staff said they arent planning to putting it back ingame again, however a similar version of it is going to be released once playerdex update is finished, hopefully early in 2020 :-[ (hehe), about breeding system havent seen staff members posting about that

Saurus

Banned
julio2503 said:
Well, skin is up to date along all the updates. What's wrong?

Well. Since you asked. The default PWO skin looks. Ugly. An up-to-date skin wouldn't look like it did a year or two ago. If the OLD PWO skin could be reusable again, i'd be happy.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
KPyppo said:
BuddhaSama said:

Do you mean mart like auction house? if so, then, staff said they arent planning to putting it back ingame again, however a similar version of it is going to be released once playerdex update is finished, hopefully early in 2020 :-[ (hehe), about breeding system havent seen staff members posting about that
Breeding is a tough area because it is a system that does not translate well to MMOs as it is basically generating free pokemon. Without a way to remove the excess pokemon from the game then it would just lead to even more of everything existing and devalue pokemon further. It would only take 2 of the most rare pokemon to be able to create thousands of them in a short time.

HOF69

Well done on the multi-stat moves Shane, but along that same line, is it possible now to make moves like Close Combat, Superpower, etc. work as well? In other words, attacks that can raise or lower multiple stats, not just status moves.