Update on Client Permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I.Am

This whole discussion about pm is just pointless. Just change pm to message. I already knew staff able to monitor our private messages looong time ago and i understand the reason behind it : scammer, botter etc. Did you think we have privacy in our life ? Your smart phone is like GPS to 'Big brother', they know your location/movement. Facebook also monitoring every personal messages to your friends and family. Every time you using Google, the information you searching for automatically send to your local government. If you using Google Chrome and you saved your password on it, guess what, Google can hack and login into your account anytime they want. Even moderator/admin on Xat can monitor your chat, so why you dont cry to them ? There is no such thing as privacy on internet. If you want keep your privacy, go live on forest or something, no gadgets or internet. I know i shouldnt compare real life with this game but as wendzz said all MMO games monitoring their players.

AshMayonnaise

Alright since my name has been mentioned and we're somewhat free and have a right to share our opinions on that matter, i shall do the same myself, unless someone doesn't like what they read and delete the reply, wich i find very likely from what i've seen happening to some people that didn't deserved that happening to them but whatever ..

Alright so, first of all yes, i helped Shane figure out the reading PM's thingy and he did not know it was possible i can guarantee you that, i've asked him outside the game and he told me no, until we tested the /control command, and like people mentioned before that wasn't his work, he made the code for the game not the server commands.

Isguros, you might have meant it as a joke or not, but either way, it is not my fault and neither was only the PM issue the cause for the game being down, it's all the things that happened till now that made Shane come to this decision and to be honest i don't blame him, if people are going to spite and harass on your back, you're going to be pissed off and do stuff without thinking, but now he's free of all this and i wish him the best because he deserves it.

As for staff and the whole game, changes are going to be needed around here for this to work out. Sure the game is playable in a way, but for it to actually be enjoyable and fun for everyone the way how things are dealt with has to be handled differently. Xan is the only owner of the game as of right now, and he certainly isn't involved as much as he should in my honest opinion, so some people might think of themselves as the leader around here and do more harm than good calling shots, so that's the main thing that has to change.

So, i'm not too sure if i would like the game to be back up unless there are some serious changes of behaviour and how the game works, therefore i would like everyone to work their differences and actually communicate with each other, stop resenting the past and work for the greater good of the game thinking about the players, not yourselves.

LeroyGarcia

Youngster
Ok I have some serious questions:

I would like to know how the "Donation" system is put into play since none of us players really know how much money is being invested into the game as well as rewarding the staff for their time.

Secondly, since quite a number of us have donated or continue to donate to the game we would like the staff to think more about the players and less about themselves. I do know some players can ask outrageous things from the staff but at least consider what the majority of us the players feel about the game and possible updates.

This brings me to my third question, more communication between the community and the staff via forum/tweeter/face/surveys/etc. could benefit the future of the game for the better on both sides since we would avoid issues like this. Sometimes things won't work out in desired updates and what not which then could be explained to the community as to why it won't work or why it will be hard and the majority of us will understand.

Lastly, I'm pretty darn sure most if not the whole staff is a mature adult. As of now, if I may, I have seen the whole staff including shane and xan as incompetent. Incompetent in terms of working as a group as I'm sure you all are talented at what you do. You guys don't need to ask for forgiveness or forgive someone nor does it matter who the "better man" is by starting to make things right. Take sometime where most of the staff can be on at the same time and sort things out, and don't give me the "I don't have time" bs because everyone has at least 30 mins of spare time in a weekend. It's not like you all are a bunch of women holding a grudge against each other, no offense to women.

You guys are creating a storm in a glass of water. The way I see it, this problem is a rather simple fix if you guys take a democratic approach in the staff if you know what I mean.

gherdantudor

We all want to play and i can say for sure 70% of the players pwo had didnt care about these things and the remaining 30% that pwo still has do care a tiny bit enough to give 2-3 more days.
At least that is how i see it.

YonkouKaido

new client with new restart server ? then the pokemon all deleted in the game ?

YonkouKaido

[glow=orange]what have now bought with which the membership with real money tokens are then extended the members since it was supported since 03/09/2014 ?[/glow]

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Diaz said:

There will be no data wipe, our accounts will be the same as they were before the game was last turned off.

Also for those who think the privacy issue is what is stopping the game from coming back up- it is not, we do not currently have a client to play on, that is what is stopping the game from being playable. The privacy issue will be sorted out before the game returns, but that is not holding up its return.

Membership is being extended during the downtime.

angelking89

HitmonFonty said:
Diaz said:

There will be no data wipe, our accounts will be the same as they were before the game was last turned off.

Also for those who think the privacy issue is what is stopping the game from coming back up- it is not, we do not currently have a client to play on, that is what is stopping the game from being playable. The privacy issue will be sorted out before the game returns, but that is not holding up its return.

Membership is being extended during the downtime.

Wt about the playerdex? the biding and the pokes dat are up there? Will they extend the biding time etc or not? Just want to know :eek:

gherdantudor

So.... if you need to build another client about how much time will it take to be 50% done?

m0h17sh4rm4

i just saw xan online a few minutes ago..... hope he will fix these problems soon ......

Punk!

i wonder why shane did this right after the playerdex update!!...

TheConqueror

C'mon people, everything will be fine cause Xanatus is here!! We Gotta trust our Staff and leave everything on them. In this situation, we can only help by having patience. Staff is there to look after the client.

marasma

Summary:
- People who complain about other people because they complain too much...
- A staff who receives funds and stops the delivery of the service people pay for, to make room for personal bickering...
- Whining everywhere...

Well, then...
*opens his popcorn bag*
*tilts the deck*

NOW you can keep on going! :))

KstersSlade

How is it that a Pokemon game can have so much drama?

What Shane is asking it not cool at all. He is trying to get back at the staff at the player's expense. Unless he has some legal right to the code even though he volunteered it to PWO.

KstersSlade

Scratch what I said before.

This shouldn't even be discussed, it should just have been announced as to what was going on. I don't see why player input is needed at all. No player knows the situation fully meaning we have no right to comment on what is going on.

Things like this should be taken care of on the staff's end. The players are just here to play the game we shouldn't have input on the politics of the game. The actual gameplay itself sure but what goes on in the back shoudlnt involve players.

In this siutuation both parties are at the fault. Both parties have dedicated their time to PWO as volunteers to allow people to play this game. That is awesome.

Shane has done a lot for PWO.

The staff take time out of their lives to make people happy and make the game fair. They are awesome people for dong that.

Hopefully things work out for both sides. However again the players should be told about the situation but nothing more is needed from players.

DMleev

I just think staff members could already made another client to replace the old one. I mean, to do not have this downtime, couldn't the owner give a predicted time while staff were doing the new client?

By this way we could play while the staff make the new one. Guess you even didn't think about that because the problems between some staff members and Shane seems to be more important than the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.