Update on Client Permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez~

Merse said:
AdamWest said:
The only person who can answer these questions on what happens to the money is Xan. No other staff has had access to it ever.
Bluerise did. But I doubt we would get an honest answer form him about the topic. Heck, I would be surprised if he would even show up in this discussion. He doesn't care very much about the community.

Just because someone has access to see if a donation has been made and that tokens have been given for it, and can manually approve that a donation was made and give tokens, that is on the side of playerdex, not on the side of Paypal. There is a reason why whenever there were problems, it had to be checked with Xan to see fi the donation was received on that end.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
knotzl02 said:
matileo19 said:
knotzl02 said:
Furthermore I believe, that noone really knows what is happening with the money, only Xan.. I dont think even blue knows..
Wrong, Bluerise is the one controling donations, so he knows the amount of money that goes to Xan's pockets.
I wasn't saying, he doesnt know how much it is. I meant, that I don't think he knows what Xan is doing with it.. But well... I might be wrong here.

matileo19 said:
Also, Xanatus has a few projects... Also (and this is confidential information) Xanatus was about to buy a car, a really good car, with the pwo donations-
I wonder where you know this from... sounds very "interesting"..

From a hacker.

Portgas.D.Ace said:
Sum everything up and send to Nintendo agents. Once case is opened paypal will be the one to confirm money income to Nintendo through certain period of time. Jens Uwe Pehm (xan) is paypal account owner and every donation made to Pehm Information System shall be investigated. You can either use paypal report center or in my opinion this: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
This way or another Nintendo will be notified so further steps might be up to them...When you look at things, Nintento has been damaged for tons of money. Players supported the game with huge money but they never got any update worthy of mentioning. Everyone is fast when money has to be collected or future income might be in danger as now...But everyone is lazy when update has to be made.

Look at Ebyron, Xans another game similar to PWO just more updated and awesome. While PWO was facing with the problems and lack of updates, same staff that are in PWO today tested Ebyron for Xanatus. Yes Ebyron. Players might not be aware of that game so if you want to know more get PWO staff to explain you what is Ebyron, one of Xans projects....It would be sad if that game got such huge update thanks to PWO money...I am not tellig more about that game in making. PWO staff can explain as well. You should never kept that away from players and it's been how much? years?.

If Xan spent 10% of time in PWO he spent in Ebryon...PWO would be awesome game and you probably never would have this today...
He can't even answer on topic while ppl are worried sigh

What are we waiting for ?

Edit: Also, I wonder why Xanatus is still leading* this project... whats the reason if he is not even able to come and reply, whats the reason ? Everything goes to the money thing, everything.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
Back on to the privacy issue, I can assure you that as long as Bluerise is in charge, the players will always be left out. As many of you may know, while I was GM I proposed a public GM ban log (similar to how GE's have change logs) which would make public players who were banned, and why they were banned for (without disclosing the evidence, as up until now, the /control command was heavily protected since it was our main bot catching command). This would be similiar to how maplestory posts weekly/monthly ban logs, so players can search up to see if they were indeed banned or not, and for other people to see if a certain player was banned or not.

I was in favor of more transparency, however Bluerise vetoed the idea, as he claimed "Players would be scared due to seeing high number of bans made by one GM (me at the time) and be scared of getting banned" and I lost whatever motivation to come up with more ideas.

When speaking to xan about more transparency between staff and players, xan claimed the staff is actually too transparent as is.

ALSO: To give credence to mads claim that ownership is ****ty, enter Ebyron. Ebyron is a 3d game (very much similar to Pokemon) made by xanatus. It is an absolutely fantastic game, and shows Xanatus coding expertise to the fullest. The graphics are amazing, everything runs smooth (outside of minor walking problems/being trapped by NPCS) and has features like double and triple battles. Shane gave me the info to play with him so I could get a feel for it, and one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I was approached by an NPC to battle, and IT ALLOWED SHANE TO JOIN THE BATTLE!!!! We double battled npcs!!!

Pretty much, all the mechanics and stuff were identical to PWO, and Shanes idea (he approached me about this after he quit the first time Bluerise pissed him off, showing shane still wanted to find ways to improve PWO) was to replace PWO's backend, with Ebyron, which would allow PWO to be rid of its terrible coding, and limited creative freedom, as well as allowing stuff like multiline evos and everything. Basically, it would fix most of PWOS problems that players hate.

This conversation happened 2 months ago, and I approached xan about it. The SS's are from the same convo as the SS I posted before in response to Mad30.

http://prntscr.com/4ljjve
http://prntscr.com/4ljmbi
http://prntscr.com/4ljmgz
http://prntscr.com/4ljmn4

Ok, you know, thats fine and all. Shane told me it would take a few weeks to get everything done, however xan said it would take months. I mean thats fine, but as it seems, xan has made NO PROGRESS into actually implementing this change, to my knowledge. Now I honestly do not like putting xanatus on the spot like this, he's had to deal with a lot of unwarranted criticism from the staff in the past, but this is unacceptable for a game making so much money. If there are any avenues of improving the game and taking it out of the stone ages, it should be taken immediately.

Also, one of those SS's show that PWO is run by people who have 0 idea about Pokemon. Xanatus doesnt know too much, Bluerise I doubt knows anything at all, seeing as how he never even played PWO until he got staff, zebra will admit to you she has very limited Pokemon knowledge, I'm not sure about the rest of the GE's.

How is any PROGRESS going to be made, when the leaders of this game are so out of touch with the community, and the very product theyre working on! The refusal to allow someone who knows about to be placed into a leadership role, to actually get content pumping out that players would want, and is relevant to the game, is what is also killing this game.

The staff will dismiss what I say like they always do in the IRC, but they need to realize they are just as much the cause of death of this game as is ****ty management.

/for those of you pming me

http://ebyron.net/Landing/

its a closed beta testing game that xan will most likely sell imo. I wont give out the info as its xans property and idk if he wants people downloading it.

Arnie

matileo19 said:
Also, Xanatus has a few projects... Also (and this is confidential information) Xanatus was about to buy a car, a really good car, with the pwo donations-

i heard it was something along the lines of:

honda-cr-z-zf1-gt300.jpg

Rigaudon

Youngster
Zebra will admit to you she has very limited Pokemon knowledge, I'm not sure about the rest of the GE's.

As this was personally addressed to me publicly - I politely decline this. I know quite a bit mechanically speaking in terms of the games; I'm just not heavily in-the-know PvP wise/anime-wise. The only origin I can think of regarding this statement is due to my asking people not to spoil the X/Y Pokemon until I was able to get the game a while back, and consistently asking about PvP strategies to get informed of them. In the times I was unsure of something, it was easily looked up and I have extensively studied the games for the purpose of updates. I could probably tell you what Game Freak did where and why, which mechanics were added or adjusted per generation, etc. - even if it would take some extra research to double-check.

I mean all of this respectfully, and I don't want this to devolve into "who is the bigger Pokemon Fan" or "Oh yeah?! Prove it!" so I shall leave it at this, if it isn't a bother.

Sylpharionz

Koriban said:
After having read up on the current events and having known how Shane feels (I've been in his situation before) he has every right to stop giving access to the client. The issue here is, if they decide to ignore his requests, pissing off a coder is the last thing you want to do especially when he knows everything about the work he's created for you. Legal action is very unlikely (costs vs effectiveness etc), but I wouldn't be surprised if Shane started actively preventing PWO from ever going online.

As a developer myself, I totally agree with you that pissing off a coder is the last thing you want to do. While the staff need months to come up with the new client, it's just a matter of minutes to prevent it from ever, ever going online (with the right tools of course).

lobbo9

While I am waiting for PWO to be back up I been playing Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45 and Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.