Update on Client Permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
mad30 said:
In summary, owners suck or they don't actually make money.

Or they have enough money to sit and wait till players get tired so they can enjoy the money that has been given to keep the game up.

- Lets say that pwo has 300 players
- 150 are donating while the others are not.
- 150 * 5 = 750 usd... But we all know that the ''Shiny Chance'' thing works very well on those with money on their pokets, so the real amount is around 4500 USD per month , with only 150 players... which is not the real amount of players, there are lots. There's a way to know the real amount, I'll work on that.

- with 100 players = 1500 USD per month, but I'm lowering it a lot, ofc its more, much more.

janellie11

matileo19 said:
mad30 said:

Or they have enough money to sit and wait till players get tired so they can enjoy the money that has been given to keep the game up.

- 150 * 5 = 750 usd... But we all know that the ''Shiny Chance'' thing works very well on those with money on their pokets, so the real amount is around 4500 USD per month , with only 150 players... which is not the real amount of players, there are lots. There's a way to know the real amount, I'll work on that.

- with 100 players = 1500 USD per month, but I'm lowering it a lot, ofc its more, much more.

+1 (They're happy with the money , while we are sad waiting for the game to return)

angelbeats08

janellie11 said:
matileo19 said:
mad30 said:

+1 (They're happy with the money , while we are sad waiting for the game to return)

+2 ---- Estoy de acuerdo

chicochan

janellie11 said:
matileo19 said:
mad30 said:

+1 too..
wish the game will on soon.. as fast as they can(maybe)...... =_=

sirvolkers

matileo19 said:
mad30 said:

+1

mad30

Youngster
It has come to my attention I may have implied Shane deals with money because he is an owner. Please note I do not think he has anything to do with donations or money. Xan is the only one I KNOW physically deals with money

Isguros

Youngster
Biz, How did you get $200,000?
according to the 2013 stats which Blue posted (http://infogr.am/pwo-stats-of-2013?src=web) there were 4,043 30-days membership purchases, 1,544 60-days membership purchases and 9,254 Pokemon sold in the tokenstore.
4,043 x 6 = 24,258
1,544 x 10 = 15,440
9,254 x 9 = 83,286
--------+
$122,984

You might ask me: 'why did you use 9 tokens as the value of a average tokenstore pokemon'?
well, I could have used 17,5 (like you apparently did), but by taking a look at the pokemon available in the store and their prices I think 9 was the safer bet.
note: This calculation doesn't include the membership discount for purchases in the tokenstore.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
Isguros said:
Biz, How do you get $200,000?
according to the 2013 stats which Blue posted (http://infogr.am/pwo-stats-of-2013?src=web) there were 4,043 30-days membership purchases, 1,544 60-days membership purchases and 9,254 Pokemon sold in the tokenstore.
4,043 x 6 = 24,258
1,544 x 10 = 15,440
9,254 x 9 = 83,286
--------+
$122,984

You might ask me: 'why did you use 9 tokens as the value of a average tokenstore pokemon'?
well, I could have used 17,5 (like you apparently did), but by taking a look at the pokemon available in the store and their prices I think 9 was the safer bet.
note: This calculation doesn't include the membership discount for purchases in the tokenstore.
I didnt do the calculations, a friend of mine did and told me that was the actual numbers (i had no idea about the thread, i thought pwo was making 40k)

$122,984 is still substantially high, for a game that has bad ownership and management, while being 3 gens behind in pokes, 4 gens behind in regions, and a gen behind in moves.

it also raises the question. Pwo upkeep costs 1-2k per month. where is the other 100 grand going?

LoveFaithHope

Am not surprised by that number but my good guess in average they prob earn like 50-100k per month.
I can see some players with their play time and how much in-game money and rare pokes showing off on trade chat can easily spend thousands in the game within 3 months or less.

Somes

BRGodEastwood said:
Isguros said:
4,043 x 6 = 24,258
1,544 x 10 = 15,440
9,254 x 9 = 83,286
--------+
$122,984

I didnt do the calculations, a friend of mine did and told me that was the actual numbers (i had no idea about the thread, i thought pwo was making 40k)

$122,984 is still substantially high, for a game that has bad ownership and management, while being 3 gens behind in pokes, 4 gens behind in regions, and a gen behind in moves.

it also raises the question. Pwo upkeep costs 1-2k per month. where is the other 100 grand going?

hmm to say- well they might be using other $ in paying host sites and others~ but leave this money matter! The game was running fine and it must go on (i think)... :-\

so can we leave this matter or staffs might become stressful by seeing this.. cuz now they are trying to built new client! :))

Pez~

The only person who can answer these questions on what happens to the money is Xan. No other staff has had access to it ever.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
somes said:
BRGodEastwood said:
Isguros said:
4,043 x 6 = 24,258
1,544 x 10 = 15,440
9,254 x 9 = 83,286
--------+
$122,984

hmm to say- well they might be using other $ in paying host sites and others~ but leave this money matter! The game was running fine and it must go on (i think)... :-\

so can we leave this matter or staffs might become stressful by seeing this.. cuz now they are trying to built new client! :))
The guy bluerise pushed shane out for (Hardcoreh) has been working on a client since 2013, and is likely not even half way done yet. Since no one else will give you guys a definitive answer, you're looking at months, not weeks.

knotzl02

BRGodEastwood said:
That is indeed a good question...

somes said:

Don't you think donators have a right to know what's happening with their money? Why not ask now? If staff want to make this game work and wants players to stay, a bunch of things has to change... This is one of them.
Also, if you think those questions stess them, then you imply, that something is behind those questions. Why let yourself being stressed, if everything is correct XD

Furthermore I believe, that noone really knows what is happening with the money, only Xan.. I dont think even blue knows..

mad30

Youngster
Pwo upkeep costs more than 1-2k a month according to xan. He stated he has to pay tax on the donations and PayPal takes a cut.

Pwo has 2 servers I know of. I bet together they cost $1500. Germany tax rate is around 40% I believe. Let's make it 50% for ease so pwo needs $3000 before tax. Add another 20% for PayPal cut rounded up you have about $3600 needed each month in donations.

If pwo makes only 40k a year the numbers add up. If they make 200k... Lucy you have some splaining to do.

OSD92

SRY FOR MY TRASLATE ENGLISH

hello guys I'm ignorant on this topic
anyway I wanted to say ..
if Shane does not want to use more than his client
there should be a warning in a way that you organize
I think it can not be said to point
Now you do not use more than the client ..
1 because it is a person of ****
2 this mess blew up when I posted the screen pokemon shane (a few hours or minutes later) (hoo-ooh)
(coincidence? ps those of teamR also said to delete the post
then surely laugh for you?
[just look at the chat that day to see what they tell me to delete it])
what passed at TeamR
"Just to laugh in chat not for ulterior motives"
--.-- (It would be to see the pokdx of ash etc.
to see how many he has passed "to laugh")

in one word shane is Immature
in the first place for not giving warning

Koriban

BRGodEastwood said:
somes said:
BRGodEastwood said:
Isguros said:
4,043 x 6 = 24,258
1,544 x 10 = 15,440
9,254 x 9 = 83,286
--------+
$122,984

The guy bluerise pushed shane out for (Hardcoreh) has been working on a client since 2013, and is likely not even half way done yet. Since no one else will give you guys a definitive answer, you're looking at months, not weeks.

As a coder myself who offered my services to help back when I was an active player, you're looking at at least 6months before a working concept of a client is produced.

The management of this game was atrocious and it showed in many of the events. Lack of cohesion/discussion from staff members and players and seemingly a lack of respect too.

After having read up on the current events and having known how Shane feels (I've been in his situation before) he has every right to stop giving access to the client. The issue here is, if they decide to ignore his requests, pissing off a coder is the last thing you want to do especially when he knows everything about the work he's created for you. Legal action is very unlikely (costs vs effectiveness etc), but I wouldn't be surprised if Shane started actively preventing PWO from ever going online.

PWO is essentially dead in the water until this new client is finished and no finished client comes without heaps of bugs and extensive work to do on it still. A very sad situation for PWO players, but the staff/higher ups have only themselves to blame for it.

I've long since moved on after quitting (thank god I did) and frankly I expect most people will do too after being left in the dark for so, so long.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
knotzl02 said:
BRGodEastwood said:
That is indeed a good question...

Furthermore I believe, that noone really knows what is happening with the money, only Xan.. I dont think even blue knows..

Wrong, Bluerise is the one controling donations, so he knows the amount of money that goes to Xan's pockets.

When you have enough donations, you simply remove the donation buttom, as simple as that. And to keep your donators with an smile, you'll come and show something like: Good news guys, the server will be up for 7 years, thanks to your donations! thanks to you! Cheers, Xan -

Also, Xanatus has a few projects... Also (and this is confidential information) Xanatus was about to buy a car, a really good car, with the pwo donations-

knotzl02

matileo19 said:
knotzl02 said:
Wrong, Bluerise is the one controling donations, so he knows the amount of money that goes to Xan's pockets.
I wasn't saying, he doesnt know how much it is. I meant, that I don't think he knows what Xan is doing with it.. But well... I might be wrong here.

matileo19 said:
Also, Xanatus has a few projects... Also (and this is confidential information) Xanatus was about to buy a car, a really good car, with the pwo donations-
I wonder where you know this from... sounds very "interesting"..

Portgas.D.Ace

Sum everything up and send to Nintendo agents. Once case is opened paypal will be the one to confirm money income to Nintendo through certain period of time. Jens Uwe Pehm (xan) is paypal account owner and every donation made to Pehm Information System shall be investigated. You can either use paypal report center or in my opinion this: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
This way or another Nintendo will be notified so further steps might be up to them...When you look at things, Nintento has been damaged for tons of money. Players supported the game with huge money but they never got any update worthy of mentioning. Everyone is fast when money has to be collected or future income might be in danger as now...But everyone is lazy when update has to be made.

Look at Ebyron, Xans another game similar to PWO just more updated and awesome. While PWO was facing with the problems and lack of updates, same staff that are in PWO today tested Ebyron for Xanatus. Yes Ebyron. Players might not be aware of that game so if you want to know more get PWO staff to explain you what is Ebyron, one of Xans projects....It would be sad if that game got such huge update thanks to PWO money...I am not tellig more about that game in making. PWO staff can explain as well. You should never kept that away from players and it's been how much? years?.

If Xan spent 10% of time in PWO he spent in Ebryon...PWO would be awesome game and you probably never would have this today...
He can't even answer on topic while ppl are worried sigh

Merse

Youngster
AdamWest said:
The only person who can answer these questions on what happens to the money is Xan. No other staff has had access to it ever.
Bluerise did. But I doubt we would get an honest answer form him about the topic. Heck, I would be surprised if he would even show up in this discussion. He doesn't care very much about the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.