Status
Not open for further replies.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Pretentious said:
matileo19 said:
Well, you can't compare a game with a government in real life, seriously think what you're saying. No, Its not like you said ''just makes u look like u guys do some fishy stuff via pms'' No... you're 100 % wrong, what happens if I have a real life friend and Im talking with him about very personal stuff via pm in pwo?

Think about what YOU'RE saying. Seriously, just quit using the game as a means of discussing sensitive information. You're completely ignoring the reasons why they have these measures in place. Believe me, I don't want to have a false sense of privacy either. This is why they're going to review their privacy policy and hopefully better inform the users in the future.

If this feature is how staff was able to find so many botters, good for them. I don't like how this information was kept from the public (if this is the top secret way that staff used to find them that GMs always referred to, I'm pretty disappointed), yet this is another example of the reason why so many issues are blown out of proportion. Issues are rarely dealt with before they are discovered by the players. :(

Transparency is key, especially when the pros outweigh the cons. Geeeeeeeeze.

I won't use ingame chat anymore... Thats obvious.

AS for transparency, their transparency is too good, thats why there's 0 information about donations. If I have a family that needs my support, that needs me to get food and everything needed to maintain a family, I won't be around a game as a volunteer* the whole day. How I'm going to make money that way ? impossible.

Lunesta

Private messages being monitored? Eh, that's expected. This whole situation going on though is pretty... Ambiguous (Especially because I don't know the whole history with this Shane character and the Staff). The only input I could give here is that I hope all parties come to equal grounds somewhere.

Tobias01

Finally just read all
Really Im dont know if the problem is the power of STAFF to read PMs.
I know is that the more time passes will miss the interest in the game.
While solving its internal problems, DISABLE the PM command between players, between STAFF player and put the game on.
Do not waste time.
Hope you understand and act efficiently and quickly

monstruopoke

Only I will limit myself to speak of confidentiality by a simple review of the little knowledge I have about the game.

got to this control because many used, use and will use hack, bot, bug and other types of traps and this forced tracking devise a plan, think before speaking of privacy, would have to stop once the subject of traps, for example by removing the guilds Pokemon players BAN or the option to deposit Pokemon and illegitimate pokedollars the guild, because although I understand many use traps and Ban before being stored in the Pokemon with other guilds to return account and withdraw by the OWNER, should remove passwords, accounts Ban Pokemon and pokedollars to avoid similarities to what happened with the new playerdex to trade pokes BAN, being clear that they have to think of a more severe penalty, and I wonder how many players will quickly learn a trap? through social networks mails, and probably through PM both in forums and in the game. (or change the guild concept that many will take advantage as a means to the bank to deposit illegal pokes before ban)

I believe that control must be part of the game and the player should know to play pwo accept this term, which PWO Know that children and adults are playing, and it would be nice if someone could PM monitor to detect any possible pedophile, (these exist worldwide, social networks, in schools, at work and while you may not believe in PWO)

One thing to observe the Pm and the other is to manipulate.

will someone please think of the children?
helen.jpg

gherdantudor

So staff is just thinking for a few DAYS how to formulate that the PM is not private in the policy?

Just start the game if you can.

PLEASEEEEE!!!

The-Predator

Youngster
gherdantudor said:
So staff is just thinking for a few DAYS how to formulate that the PM is not private in the policy?

Just start the game if you can.

PLEASEEEEE!!!

NO, as far as i know, they are waiting for Xan to confirm one more time if they should be putting game back online using Shane´s client, and they doing some kind of maintance and modificating pdex

Deesha

I have a question for the staff:
Were you or were you not capable of reading our PMs as they were live ?
In other words ... were you guys spying on us for real ?!

pocaliga

nickcrauler3 said:
Finally just read all
While solving its internal problems, DISABLE the PM command between players, between STAFF player and put the game on.
Do not waste time.

+1

sirvolkers

nickcrauler3 said:
Finally just read all
Do not waste time.

+2

Andreyy

All this went out of control, I hope you return soon Pwo.
And If They did not know all Social networks are spied xD
For Example FACEBOOK Keep all conversations yours if you ever need some entity Example of the Government.

:-\ :-\

Naero

Whether or not access to real-time PMs, in addition to the database-stored forums-messages, had prying eyes snoop on them is another discussion, and not one that I can personally attest to; however, the main underpinning behind the illegality of this is the fact that players were not informed of this when agreeing to the ToS and privacy policy.

When one signs up to register to this game, they contractually agree that they will be subject to the provisions of the ToS and its accompanying privacy policy. Due to the omission of such information that cites their access to rather intimate data, such as reading in-game PMs in real-time and the retentive storage of forums PM, the fact stands that the staff does indeed have access to (what can qualify as) personal data--data that is not covered in the privacy policy--and therein lies the legal issue: the staff has access to personal information that is not under the umbrella of the privacy policy that they contractually agreed to.

Whether or not the staff is using this unethically or overreaching the policy, which I'm hoping they're not, is a subjective matter; the international privacy law on the other hand, which is required to be doctrinally stated when users agree to a service in which personal information may be provided, stipulates an objective matter in stating beforehand what personal information you'll submit to the service, and how it will be used.

The majority of the users may give no more than a cursory over the ToS and Privacy Policy when signing up, the policy is centered around common-sense expectations of privacy. Any quirk to such common-sense expectations, such as the ability to view in-game PMs, would not only be mentioned in the compulsory Privacy Policy; it would also be highlighted, as it is a quirk that many do not expect, and a reasonable amount would not be comfortable with.

To any who may tout that these tools are useful for investigatory purposes: your argument is between a rock and a hard place. If it's an unhidden caveat in the Privacy policy and is strategically concealed for investigatory purposes, that would be disgracefully illegal, and unethical to another degree; if this is stated in the Privacy policy on the other hand, and emphatically highlighted, how many would feel at ease using the in-game PM system? I can only hope and trust that this actually hasn't been used to collect admissible evidence for banning.

People are accustomed to much more decent standards of privacy for most services they visit, thus I can assure you that not every registrant is consciously of their contractual agreement for the accessibility of information that'd otherwise discomfort them in forums PMs.

Isguros

Youngster
..... I thought PM stood for Personal Message, not that that matters much, but I couldn't figure out why everybody was freaking out about staff members, who are tasked to monitor the players, reading their messages. Anyway, this has nothing to do with PMs or a control command. As shown in previous posts; Shane and other members of the staff (and ex-staff) were aware of this command's full potential (way) before Ketchy (AshKetchup) made this discovery about the side effects of said command (btw, Kudos Ketchy; for making it to the big leagues and destroying the game in the process ;) ). Nahh, this PM thing is just something Shane brought up to justify his actions and showing the staff in a bad light. It's like someone here already said: it's like a bad breakup, and right now Shane has taken back his belongings/stuff/lovechild from PWO's house (which he has every right to do so).

angelbeats08

pwo is now just weak, no client no game ..
no Dev no Game , so why just PWO staffs lower your pride and
ask for Shane's forgiveness. Or if you dont want to do that, why
dont hire a new Dev. Recode the game and make a new client.

If PWO doesnt come back soon enough expect a great loss of players
and also expect a great loss of donators.

~ Follow your Pride and make the situation Worst
or
~ Lower yout Pride and make the game playable again

pocaliga

the only thing we want is ... play!

privacy or not ... we want to play a game .. or anyone planning an attack igname via pm? lol

Franc92

Youngster
Guys we all want to play, but bedore doing that we need to be promising our rights won't be denied. As is an MMO game, it means that is playing by people that need internet and via net you can find information form other players. Obtaining information in this world is essential, but obtaining information violating the international privacy law is illegal. So the game (the stuff that run the game, and also all the players) can be punished by fine (that means less cash for updating server... etc)
So before we play we need to have this fixed.
Don't be selfish everyone, just wait, is only a matter of time; i belive that the stuff is doing all the possible for solving this problem, and soon we will be able to play all toghether.

Cheers.

sirvolkers

angelbeats08 said:
pwo is now just weak, no client no game ..
no Dev no Game , so why just PWO staffs lower your pride and
ask for Shane's forgiveness. Or if you dont want to do that, why
dont hire a new Dev. Recode the game and make a new client.

If PWO doesnt come back soon enough expect a great loss of players
and also expect a great loss of donators.

~ Follow your Pride and make the situation Worst
or
~ Lower yout Pride and make the game playable again

yeap

wendzz09

More drama, Less playtime!

Its so funny this game has too much drama. Its simple shane just want to move on with the game by bringing up the International breach law or whatsoever and be done with the game totally and he has every right to do with his client since he created it. Do you think guys in other MMO the staff they don't observe the pm of other players? think about it they have the power to do so and can look at our information anytime. Those agreements are not all the time foloowed and if you feel like violated dont play anymore and don't affect other players.

So much childish in here we just want to play the game. And to the previous staffs thanks to your contributions but we don't care about you anymore guys if you don't like the game just quit totally instead of talking rubbish and time to move on guys this is a new pwo. And to the players also that always talk bad about the game special mention to scottyscene just quit also there are other games you don't make any contributions by bringing the game down.

In this game its either closed it or make a new client simple as that. We the players just want to get back in the game.I hope the staff can make the necessary changes within the game and with their current staff for the improvement of the new client and game. Hoping for the best cheers!

Rachel

wendzz09 said:
More drama, Less playtime!

Its so funny this game has too much drama. Its simple shane just want to move on with the game by bringing up the International breach law or whatsoever and be done with the game totally and he has every right to do with his client since he created it. Do you think guys in other MMO the staff they don't observe the pm of other players? think about it they have the power to do so and can look at our information anytime. Those agreements are not all the time foloowed and if you feel like violated dont play anymore and don't affect other players.

So much childish in here we just want to play the game. And to the previous staffs thanks to your contributions but we don't care about you anymore guys if you don't like the game just quit totally instead of talking rubbish and time to move on guys this is a new pwo. And to the players also that always talk bad about the game special mention to scottyscene just quit also there are other games you don't make any contributions by bringing the game down.

In this game its either closed it or make a new client simple as that. We the players just want to get back in the game.I hope the staff can make the necessary changes within the game and with their current staff for the improvement of the new client and game. Hoping for the best cheers!

They risk losing alot of players over all this childish ****, it's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.