ThuGie's Dev Log

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
Hey,

Here's a basic log of changes i made to the site, Playerdex, server.. have fun i guess..
More to come..

[TODO]
*Fix -exp should be not that hard..
*Fix multiple levels up after 1 battle when pokemon gained loads of exp.
*Make server more stable ? pff i can never remove this part :(.
*More ? not sure tell me. no npc stuff etc.

[General]
[02-14-2012]
*Tweaked apache to handle the stress a bit better.
[02-20-2012]
*Tweaked apache again a bit to allow it to consume more resource as on the new server it has it so why not use it ?

[Site]
[02-14-2012]
*Tweaked the index to be a bit faster.
*Compressed the images a bit better for faster loading time.
*BIG - Moved Playerdex/forum/site to new server! yay?

[Playerdex]
[02-14-2012]
*Fixed a module + a db handling that caused the page to hang.
05-30-2013
*Optimized the profile + pokemon list quite a bit for faster loading
*Fixed pokemon images not showing.

[Server]
[02-14-2012]
*Optimized some calls to the database to get faster responses.
*Optimized some more db calls should make things a bit faster as well.
*BIG - Increased server cap to 500!!!
[02-17-2012]
*You now get a error if you try to use a item that you no longer have in battle.
*Wild pokemon attack when you have used a item!
[02-20-2012]
*Fixed getting stuck in pokecenter
*Added escape rope! wait for the npc coders to add it in game plz ;).
[02-25-2012]
*Fixed getting stuck at any exit! seems the first fix for pokecenter had a typo so that's also fixed!
*Also unstuck 243 people in the pokecenter and 23 in pokemart.. have fun.
[03-08-2012]
*Reduced server resource usage a lot! should have no or less lag.
*Since the server should be able to handle it now server cap has been put @ 800 people!
[]03-10-2012
*Fixed 2 small memory corruptions.
*Optimized server-sided encryption.
*Cleaned up server code a bit. wont improve performance though.
06-30-2012
*Fixed a cheat to obtain mass cash ingame.
*Added system to block speed battling.(might need to be adjusted more in future)
*Increased player cap to 1K!!!!
06-30-2012
*Added auto mute for caps abusers in chat.
07-03-2012
*Optimized the auto mute for cap abusers in chat!
12-19-2012
*Optimized some sql query's
*Possibly fixed main server crash cause..hopefully!
12-22-2012
*Possible fixed another crash related to the above code yay?
*SQL table optimize, might been cause for slow login.
12-23-2012
*Yay fixed code to compile for x64! Haven't updated it on the server yet. Going to change a bit more code.
05-29-2013
*Made some changes to the fishing system, after a bit you catch less pokemon unless you move.
05-30-2013
*Removed some old code that took down the performance of the server, that was in place when the db was still slow, no longer needed as db is now fast! Now game is even using less resource then before yay!
10-16-2013
*Changed map storage in the server memory, to remove max map size, and decrease ram usage massively, might gain performance boost as well.
*Rewrote the item usage code, so staff can add new items more easily in future.
*Applied fixes to the server's socket system. The server should no longer act full when it isn't; and there are now limits to the amount of connections allowed per IP.
10-28-2013
*Fixed glitch that caused item to disappear, when pressing no when evolving pokemon using item.
04-11-2014
*Fixed 2 threading issues and more stuff before this.
*Fixed getting stuck on water without surfboard, cause server thinks you are already surfing. Simply do /ref from now on.
04-12-2014
*Pokemon would learn wrong move, when he is about to evolve, should be solved next server update.
11-23-2014
*Suddenly appearing on surf board while not owning one, should be fixed.

!!! NOTE
I don't work on the moves of pokemon.
I don't work on npc's..
I don't work on any quest!
I also don't work on the client.
So just don't ask..

Grchw

I have no idea what does it mean, but "faster" and "better" is good enough form me :p

R

Rain41

grchw said:
I have no idea what does it mean, but "faster" and "better" is good enough form me :p

I agree with you. We only need less lagg :)

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
I like this, very nice to see database/deep coding being worked on, if that makes sense.

crenel

Youngster
ThuGie said:
!!! NOTE
I don't work on the moves of pokemon.
I don't work on npc's..
I don't work on any quest!

Direct all of this at myself and/or the GE team if major problems pop up. Thanks guys.

Edit: problems related to Pokemon moves can also be directed to Jinji if he's available. Quest problems related to the maps should be sent Jinji's way too.

supriz

Youngster
Here comes the Saviour Of the Server(SOS)
thank you for ur hard work thugie..

I

inileater

hm, quick question: I've noticed some people have issues with the playerdex where once they login and move to a different part of the site (like to look at their list of all Pokemon) they are given a "you must be logged in" notification and are prompted to input their login info once again until they move pages again, is this site related, or just some kind of browser/cookie related issue?

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Please report any pages which do that via the Bug Catcher.
Thanks. ~

Attachments

• TokenStore.png
    TokenStore.png
    159.7 KB · Views: 2

MacCollin

Website
marc2010.deviantart.com
ThuGie said:
[02-17-2012]
*You now get a error if you try to use a item that you no longer have in battle.
*Wild pokemon attack when you have used a item!

i dont get that right so... first part means that if u have, for example, 2 pokeballs u cant trow 100000 in a fight anymore? ^^
and i m confused about the second sentence... ll there be a new item that attracts pokemon or what? if yes, can it also be used on surfboard?

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
Hey,

The second means if your fighting a wild pokemon and you trow a pokeball at it.
And you fail it will attack you or if you use a potion the pokemon will attack you like in the real pokemon games ;).

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
The last update might be a seemingly small update to a player, but its things like that make the game that much better :D

Joxen

ThuGie said:
Hey,

And you fail it will attack you or if you use a potion the pokemon will attack you like in the real pokemon games ;).

Finally brought that to attention

Megadactyl

MacCollin said:
ah ok thanks :D i could still cry that the last S electrode selfexploded xD now it ll be harder to catch one haha xD thanks for that update ^^
S gravellers also like to explode...

Elvarsi

"*More ? not sure tell me."

Just an idea:  how about trying to script something like escape rope into the game?  Not sure how hard that is or if thats even possible but if it is then it's a good solution to many of the moments when people get stuck ingame.  People then could help themselves out of some sticky situations as long as it would be in locations were the escape rope works, underground, tunnels, caves etcetc.  Plausible or not?

pieguy13

I noticed that when my pokemon is confused and I try to run, the confusion sets in and either makes me hit myself or just run like normal. I know this doesn't happen in the cartridge games so I wasn't sure if this was intentional or not.

i think someone said a week or so ago that for other people to view ur pokes moving properly it needs to be written into the server code aswell as the client (which has been done :p)

Juuza

ThuGie said:
Hey,

if you did that you should consider making lowering their hp more effective, theres spots in the game where there are pokes that could knock out a team of 99's while u throw 20-25 pokeballs at them