ThuGie's Dev Log

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I think it will make putting a 'catching' pokemon in your party more important, as it is in the real games for some catches. This does change things and make them a lot harder for sure. Earlier today I spent 4 of my 10 minutes in the Safari Zone throwing balls at an exeggcute. With it now taking at least twice as long- pluse the lag- it really chews into your safari zone time.

Juuza

HitmonFonty said:
I think it will make putting a 'catching' pokemon in your party more important, as it is in the real games for some catches. This does change things and make them a lot harder for sure. Earlier today I spent 4 of my 10 minutes in the Safari Zone throwing balls at an exeggcute. With it now taking at least twice as long- pluse the lag- it really chews into your safari zone time.
fonty while your arguement is true in some considerents, i'm not exactly talking about weak stuff, i'm talking about rhyhorns/dons in CC who can use horn drill, or crobats/onixes/dratinis/bagons in DD who are annoying to catch, even with a "catching poke", I had a crobat to around 1/10 hp and it killed two 98's that i had used to tank it while i threw balls at it, the old ball spam sistem would counter some other inconsistencies(i think they are) in coding , thus making catching ok even with the pokemons who have annoying catch rates
another thing would be taking off selfdestruct, some guy yesterday lost a pineco he was hunting for 3 days with it and a lot of us have seen gravelers/electrodes(yes u do catch the shiny ones) do it, now it will get much worse

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Juuza said:
fonty while your arguement is true in some considerents, i'm not exactly talking about weak stuff, i'm talking about rhyhorns/dons in CC who can use horn drill, or crobats/onixes/dratinis/bagons in DD who are annoying to catch, even with a "catching poke", I had a crobat to around 1/10 hp and it killed two 98's that i had used to tank it while i threw balls at it, the old ball spam sistem would counter some other inconsistencies(i think they are) in coding , thus making catching ok even with the pokemons who have annoying catch rates
another thing would be taking off selfdestruct, some guy yesterday lost a pineco he was hunting for 3 days with it and a lot of us have seen gravelers/electrodes(yes u do catch the shiny ones) do it, now it will get much worse
So its too hard to catch pokemon now that using pokeballs works as it should? If your worried about your pokes, then use potions, they are good at stopping you dying.

ash.catchem

Youngster
Hey thugie, i dont know if you are working on this, that a pokemon to learn all moves if he learns more than one move at a particular level.. Because I reported some problem.

My ninjask learned 3 attacks at lvl 20 double team, furry cutter, screech,.: first it showed it is going to learn screech, but it learned double team, then it showed swords dance which he learns at lvl 25 but it learned furry cutter, then it showed slash which it learns at lvl 31, but he learny screech, that means there's a problem, even if a poke miss a move he learns it later with wrong info and the moves that he misses then afterwards will never get back, i know editing through playerdex is a solution, but this should be fixed.

Juuza

Chocobo7 said:
Juuza said:
So its too hard to catch pokemon now that using pokeballs works as it should? If your worried about your pokes, then use potions, they are good at stopping you dying.

I thought this wouldn't be identical to pokemon, if i were to quote ..i think even you said it :p  at any cost horn drill and sd still remain valid annoyances, even if you were to spam pots in order to catch stuff

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Just so you know, there is a way to stop pokemon from exploding/self destructing. Use a ghost pokemon. They still explode, but they don't faint- 'it's COMPLETELY ineffective'- even against themselves! :)

Juuza

HitmonFonty said:
Just so you know, there is a way to stop pokemon from exploding/self destructing. Use a ghost pokemon. They still explode, but they don't faint- 'it's COMPLETELY ineffective'- even against themselves! :)
wow >_> well than that gets rid of me, since horn drill shouldn't work against ghosts either
still its an obvious use a glitch to counter another <_<

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the responses,
Again i don't do fixes to moves unless i work with somebody that actually is working on the moves but needs some server-side coding done.

But anyway keep yourself up to date to my log ;).

ash.catchem

Youngster
Well a suggestion if you are taking it,
can you work on TMs and HMs, most demanded..

DaSnowman

ash.catchem said:
Well a suggestion if you are taking it,
can you work on TMs and HMs, most demanded..

I believe that would prob go along with moves not positive about that tho

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
TMs and HMs could work two ways. If we made them items that you use on the Playerdex, and tie them in to the existing move-changing system there or make a new page for teaching the move on the site, this would be mostly database and website development. As I don't have a good working knowledge of how the Playerdex's internals work myself, I can't say who would be most equipped to manage this.

If we wanted to have the TMs and HMs as in-game items and have them teach moves within the game, this would basically require several parts of the game to be modified - the database would need the items added in; the server would need code added for how the items would work; and so on. It would also require the client to implement support for using the items and getting input on what to teach the moves to - ThuGie would not be able to do this task himself.

Of course, all this assumes the moves that would be taught by the TMs and HMs already exist in the game (although most of them do) - AND that they function as expected. If any would need to be added or fixed up... then that falls into working on the moves. Also, I should state at this point that plans for implementing TMs are still not solidified and there is no time-frame for their inclusion or any decision yet as to which of the above methods; or a different one will be used.

ash.catchem

Youngster
well my suggestion was not on moves of pokemons, my suggestion was to implement a new system and new item just like escape rope was introduced, which seems difficult as explained my Jinji..

maadoo

Thugie thanks for all your hardwork man it s appreciated , you and the other staff (jinji , lee ....) are doing a fantastic job. since your taking suggestions it would be good for the game if weakening the poke would increase the possibility of it s capture just like in the handhelds , and the switching bug in pvp ( when you switch , your opponent may or may not hit you ,thus an unfair advantage can be gained from it). thanks:)

Juuza

maadoo said:
Thugie thanks for all your hardwork man it s appreciated , you and the other staff (jinji , lee ....) are doing a fantastic job. since your taking suggestions it would be good for the game if weakening the poke would increase the possibility of it s capture just like in the handhelds , and the switching bug in pvp ( when you switch , your opponent may or may not hit you ,thus an unfair advantage can be gained from it). thanks:)
no that works fine, faster poke gets an extra hit, if i recall right pokemon games have it too

Saric

Youngster
Juuza said:
maadoo said:
no that works fine, faster poke gets an extra hit, if i recall right pokemon games have it too
That's not how it works in the games.
If you switch in battle it counts as taking your turn, and you lose it. You don't get a turn to attack if you switch out.

Elvarsi

yes if you switch someone out, the other trainer gets one hit in on the pokmeon that comes into play, before you can even make a move (no matter what speed you're pokemon has).  The two trainers only start on even terms if you put a pokemon in after another has been knocked out.  Then there is no advantage and the speed is what matters when it comes to doing the first attack

edit to clarify a bit.

ash.catchem

Youngster
I dont know if its coincidence or just my bad luck, but since escape rope has been introduced, i am getting more stuck..

Earlier when I used to be stuck in water, I use surf and go away, but nowadays, surf wont work, they say you are already surfing... have stuck 3 times like this today..