Tecknical updates

ksalim313

Fresh water currently restores 1 HP point (I think it restores it during battle and takes it back when the battle is over but I'm not sure about that yet)

1st test:
Before using fresh water:
E3kUuD1.png

After using fresh water it restored 1HP:
EImSXC1.png

2nd test:
JgYMTb8.png

After using fresh water:
T8aPe9A.png

3nd test:
yBuTiyM.png

After using fresh water:
hSlyvaB.png

After the battle was ended without any damage to the use:
22ZJrrH.png

Soda Pop restores 61 HP points during battle:

Test:
Before using Soda Pop:
cMS3Gef.png

After using Soda Pop:
byvgs4F.png

Lemonade restores 81 HP points during battle:

Test:
Before using Lemonade:
lEQAgNS.png

After using Lemonade:
rsOMHWy.png

Fresh water is supposed to restore 50 HP points.
Soda pop is supposed to restore 60 HP points.
Lemonade is supposed to restore 80 HP points.

-I didn't test the extra 1 HP it gives yet will it be removed when the battle is ended or not
-I hope you could have some time to check these things out :)

Orean

Website
twitter.com
ksalim313 said:
-I didn't test the extra 1 HP it gives yet will it be removed when the battle is ended or not
-I hope you could have some time to check these things out :)

I believe this is additional HP point is merely visual. I have tried using the healing item before, and even when it restored my Pokemon's health to the maximum capacity, there was still an additional HP point shown on the HUD. However, it was depleted from the HUD immediately whenever the Pokemon sustained damage next, regardless of the damage output.

subera

I have a query regarding Agility now, since latest update, I had a battle, which shocked me, a dragonite 99, 194 spd, used agility. just once. It then proceeded to outspeed my Jolteon, and my Aero (265 and 267spd). that is 8 stages of speed stat increase...and incredibly broken...

Saric

Youngster
subera said:
I have a query regarding Agility now, since latest update, I had a battle, which shocked me, a dragonite 99, 194 spd, used agility. just once. It then proceeded to outspeed my Jolteon, and my Aero (265 and 267spd). that is 8 stages of speed stat increase...and incredibly broken...
Agility would boost it by 1 stage (unless it has been tweaked otherwise) which would be a 50% increase (being 97). Add that to dragos speed and you'll end up with 291. So it's entirely possible with only one stage added.

subera

Saric said:
subera said:
Agility would boost it by 1 stage (unless it has been tweaked otherwise) which would be a 50% increase (being 97). Add that to dragos speed and you'll end up with 291. So it's entirely possible with only one stage added.

Ugh....say what? since when was agilities "Stage Boost" a percentage? I was almost definite it went up in like, 10s-20s. or rather should, if not you have this tank rampaging with these heavy crits getting OHKO's on your whole team, purely cos you started with a hera vs drago xD
They nerfed Agility before because of this didn't they?

Orean

Website
twitter.com
subera said:
Ugh....say what? since when was agilities "Stage Boost" a percentage? I was almost definite it went up in like, 10s-20s. or rather should, if not you have this tank rampaging with these heavy crits getting OHKO's on your whole team, purely cos you started with a hera vs drago xD

In the past, stages were at fixed increments of 10/-10 per stage, and were not fractional at all. This was due to limitations in the battle system by then, rather than intentionally nerfing these moves. It was an oversight in the rudimentary development stages of this battle system, but the increments used for stages has been reformulated accordingly, as announced here http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=22887

subera

Creobis said:
subera said:

In the past, stages were at fixed increments of 10/-10 per stage, and were not fractional at all. This was due to limitations in the battle system by then, rather than intentionally nerfing these moves. It was an oversight in the rudimentary development stages of this battle system, but the increments used for stages has been reformulated accordingly, as announced here http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=22887

Ok, so basically, this was entirely intentional. and so far as I'm seeing it, reflecting on the original games battle system, sure it is accurate, and this is a good thing, but with current battle moves etc, and only lvl learned move pools. if you get a bad type match up, say a Jolt vs a Steelix, Hera vs Drago, Almost any grass type vs Meta etc. they can buff their poke to the point where nothing you have can touch even it. (taking into account that switching pokes in battle is a quick way to being avoided here)

Like in my battle, one agility was used (194+97=291spd, seriously??), and 3 dragon dance? (an atk inc stage move, god knows, probably 400+ atk) this dragonite then proceeded to OHKO all 6 of my pokemon. even when it was poorly matched against my team.

Just as a result from causality, perhaps keeping the stages slightly lower until moves outside of the natural move pool are teachable would be more beneficial in balancing the battle system? I know this isn't likely, and I will probably not play the game for a while anyways, cos I'm busy. but I've jumped on 2-3 times over the past 2 days, and every battle has gone the same way, stat boosts on a tank, followed by a 4 poke KO lead. my team isn't unbalanced either, so either I am seriously unlucky, or it is a tad unfair.

xDaSnowman

now its all about eliminating bad matchups i myself dont even use alot of pokes that i used to for this same reason (ex. Jolt, Arca,Sceptile etc.) Moved on more to pokes that can be a threat to most pokes (Scizor,Mamo etc.) its not unbalanced you just have to change the way you build and battle

subera

xDaSnowman said:
now its all about eliminating bad matchups i myself dont even use alot of pokes that i used to for this same reason (ex. Jolt, Arca,Sceptile etc.) Moved on more to pokes that can be a threat to most pokes (Scizor,Mamo etc.) its not unbalanced you just have to change the way you build and battle

I think you missed my point, you cannot account for every possible battle match-up, at least not with natural move pools, so people can get their Eggz Ko'd by a hera or w.e, and purposely send out a drago for the uber buffs, knowing that their Hera can't do jack all about it. but w/e. I'm done here.

Nikola

Youngster
-We were adapting to many changes for moves. I was looking at this one confusing until I realized how simple it is and how it's easy to adapt. Last time we had a battle and you were saying that your done with PWO and /ragequit. Was in that situation many times since I was trolled with Mamoswines and my moves are missing lately way to much. Let me explain few facts... You were using Last resort to counter my Steelix and offered him a chance to rise his stats. Using Growl or Trump card with Jolteon can't make my Steelix to rise since I am forced to attack Jolteon and your next Pokemon would finish it of easy. Same thing with Snorlax versing Steelix. Def Curl or Belly Drum shall be fine since Snorlax gives way more output damage then Jolteon does vs Steelix so it can't rise like hes rising vs Jolteon.
-Perfect example for Dragonite would be Swampert. Take down is bugged now and it does not take HP from you and Swampert isn't able to faint himself to prevent Dragonite from rising. But Take down, even bugged would be enough to make Dragonite not able to OHKO for example Cloyster which would be your next Pokemon to counter Dragonite with.

-I am more worried about Hypnosis then anything else. It's hard to do any tactic while your not lucky. I've trolled 6 Pokemon with Gengar and next battle my Starmie trolled 5 Pokemon using Confuse ray. I am being trolled as well, and it is indeed bad experience but that is the way how it goes, cant beat luck. But well, something faster then Gengar that can OHKO him should be used, or at least max speed Gengar.

subera

Darcia said:
-We were adapting to many changes for moves. I was looking at this one confusing until I realized how simple it is and how it's easy to adapt. Last time we had a battle and you were saying that your done with PWO and /ragequit. Was in that situation many times since I was trolled with Mamoswines and my moves are missing lately way to much. Let me explain few facts... You were using Last resort to counter my Steelix and offered him a chance to rise his stats. Using Growl or Trump card with Jolteon can't make my Steelix to rise since I am forced to attack Jolteon and your next Pokemon would finish it of easy. Same thing with Snorlax versing Steelix. Def Curl or Belly Drum shall be fine since Snorlax gives way more output damage then Jolteon does vs Steelix so it can't rise like hes rising vs Jolteon.
-Perfect example for Dragonite would be Swampert. Take down is bugged now and it does not take HP from you and Swampert isn't able to faint himself to prevent Dragonite from rising. But Take down, even bugged would be enough to make Dragonite not able to OHKO for example Cloyster which would be your next Pokemon to counter Dragonite with.

-I am more worried about Hypnosis then anything else. It's hard to do any tactic while your not lucky. I've trolled 6 Pokemon with Gengar and next battle my Starmie trolled 5 Pokemon using Confuse ray. I am being trolled as well, and it is indeed bad experience but that is the way how it goes, cant beat luck. But well, something faster then Gengar that can OHKO him should be used, or at least max speed Gengar.

"using last resort to counter my steelix" well yeah, cos it has thunder, discharge, pin missile and last resort, only pin missile and last resort can even HIT the steelix. no growl has a stat lowering move, it's pointless really cos jolt is a glass cannon. and idk about trump card, move update I missed. I have no idea why you mentioned a matchup like snore vs steelix. I was scoping scenario's where there is nothing you can do to prevent the move buffs. you mentioned countering drago with swampert, but in the scenario mentioned, the dragonite would be fully buffed from something useless, like a jumpluff or hera, the swamp would be ohko'd, and tbh so would the cloyster(why cloy counter a dragonite, that's just silly). You haven't thought through what you were saying, and you have also overlooked my main point, sometimes, there is NOTHING you can do to stop the move buffs. and once it happens, it's an instant loss. same goes for yes, high spd pokes with decent damaging moves, combined with a sleep inducing move. sleep is however random, and can easily miss. glass cannon pokes like gengar are easy to deal with, but I'd like to see you take out a Metagross with 300+ spd and like 500 atk/sp.atk, it's pokes with extremely high dmg, and decent spd, or just a tank pokemon in general. and yeah, when I lose I generally log off, cos I get bored.

Nikola

Youngster
subera said:
"using last resort to counter my steelix" well yeah, cos it has thunder, discharge, pin missile and last resort, only pin missile and last resort can even HIT the steelix. no growl has a stat lowering move, it's pointless really cos jolt is a glass cannon. and idk about trump card, move update I missed. I have no idea why you mentioned a matchup like snore vs steelix. I was scoping scenario's where there is nothing you can do to prevent the move buffs.
-Using Growl is best thing you can do when someone wants to to use your Jolt just to increase stats. Once Growl is being used, Steelix cannot rise his Atk anymore since you are preventing that with Growl. Jolt is faster and will get opportunity to to decrease his output power twice which is 1st time and move before Steelix attacks it. So chances are, your next Pokemon doesn't even have to be water type since Steelix already lost twice in his Atk. Trump card is a normal type Special Atk based move and it does way more damage then Last resort does to Steelix. And there is hardly situations where you can't do anything. For example Metagross. They were boosting every time Mash hits but it is fixed by now so it is more like random and Metagross can be easily countered with next Pokemon since Meteor mash when used rarely boost it's Atk now. Everything goes around how to prevent your opponents Pokemon from boosting. Was mentioning Swampert since he is the most common modern PvP Pokemon that Dragonite can benefit from it since Take Down doesn't reduce users HP now. If HP was reduced, Dragonite wouldn't be able to boost that much.

Tendou

Here's my report regarding game coding for this month

* Zigzagoon is still treated as dark type pokémon instead normal type pokémon so it is impossible for some pokes to defeat him, like Alakazam.
* You should take a look on Freeze debuff it still needs revision but you mentioned about it months ago but i don't know how far you went with it.
* Yawn (Move) must have its accuracy increased, it is currently lower than 1HKO moves (acc. 25) probably due Kingdra and Slaking has yawn but such issue can be dealt with by removing yawn from them as only low speed pokemon has Yawn.

drvirus

i must say, awesome work tecknical, very awesome updates and fixes, good job :D

ksalim313

I think there is a problem in gym leader's battles, it was repeated many times when a player challenges a gym leader and the gym leader gives the player its gym badge without a battle (the most common story I saw was: the player lost to the gym leader earlier and the player didn't have enough reputation points in his/her next attempt)

*I'm not sure about these conditions for the bug to happen but I suggest further testing from the staff members :)
irsrkeY.png
Also, may I ask again about Ninjask moveset in the playerdex; I just want to know why can't it learn Nincada's moveset :)
Here is Ninjask's moveset at lvl 94:
EI2tD4X.jpg
Final point: I think a new topic for reporting bugs would be better than posting here; I think these kind of replies have nothing to do with the topic itself (just my personal opinion) :)

Thank you and good luck with your new projects :)

Tendou

ksalim313 said:
Final point: I think a new topic for reporting bugs would be better than posting here; I think these kind of replies have nothing to do with the topic itself (just my personal opinion) :)

Thank you and good luck with your new projects :)

Agreed about this one as the Beta version is starting to grow.

There is something wrong with my Blissey (probably all Blisseys). Each time i try to update her moves cloudflare states the website is offline but when i change to pokemons' list tab and press F5 the website is not offline. Thats only happens when i try to update Blissey's moves as i did try with tons of pokens and they succeed to enter in moveset area but Blissey wont. I don't know if i need to poke her ID as it seems a bug from Blissey herself.

Dr.brock

Darcia said:
subera said:
"using last resort to counter my steelix" well yeah, cos it has thunder, discharge, pin missile and last resort, only pin missile and last resort can even HIT the steelix. no growl has a stat lowering move, it's pointless really cos jolt is a glass cannon. and idk about trump card, move update I missed. I have no idea why you mentioned a matchup like snore vs steelix. I was scoping scenario's where there is nothing you can do to prevent the move buffs.
-Using Growl is best thing you can do when someone wants to to use your Jolt just to increase stats. Once Growl is being used, Steelix cannot rise his Atk anymore since you are preventing that with Growl. Jolt is faster and will get opportunity to to decrease his output power twice which is 1st time and move before Steelix attacks it. So chances are, your next Pokemon doesn't even have to be water type since Steelix already lost twice in his Atk. Trump card is a normal type Special Atk based move and it does way more damage then Last resort does to Steelix. And there is hardly situations where you can't do anything.

hey please read my post in Stat changing moves.
Because, the amount by which stat is decreased is less than the amount by which stat is increased, I have seen that in speed increasing stats. So still u use growl, and he curse, in total, the atk of steelix is finally increased, because of that miscalculation. Please some1 support me in that Post. :) Its true. This is an error there.
Stat changing moves still have an error.

drvirus

hey teck, ever since the surfing came out the fishing use popularity has been reducing alot, you rarely see anyone fishing unless it was for the dragon skin which you can only get with fishing, so i came up with this idea, i wonder if you would consider making something like it: http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=23874