Tecknical updates

Friko

amnesia is +2, not +1, and also, not last resort, Final gambit is what i meant to say

Tecknician

g122 said:
amnesia is +2, not +1, and also, not last resort, Final gambit is what i meant to say
Currently, no, everything is just +1 stage.
Within the next 7 days I plan to alter this however. Along with 6 stages max.

Friko

k, thats what I was asking, and regarding the other switching glitches, may I ask if they are of any priority?

Tecknician

g122 said:
k, thats what I was asking, and regarding the other switching glitches, may I ask if they are of any priority?

When I get time, I shall look into it and try to determine how easy it would be to fix. I have a theory as to what is causing it and highly doubt it will be a simple fix.

Tecknician

Due to the amount of downtime these past 3-4 days I will hold off doing any more server side stuff til next week.

Algiers

Hey there, just thought I'd tell you how much I appreciate your fixes. Nowadays you in particular seem to be rolling out all kinds of cool stuff that really enhances the game experience. Keep up the good work! :D

Skittlz

I see other posts on suggestions, so I would assume I can post one too? Hope so xD Well first off, want to say I think all the recent updates are really cool, and even with all the downtime I think it's been great :) I like the short downtimes here and there, because then you can SEE the progress first hand, and you know you can come back to play pwo in a couple minutes, rather than it being down for hours at a time, and just skipping out for the whole day because you don't think it's coming back anytime soon (what I do.)

Anyways! Onto my post. Are priority moves a fixable thing at the moment? I think that's a HUGE thing especially for those who go pvp, because then things like Feraligatr would get aqua jet and it'd be useful, Arcanine's Extremespeed would be pretty popular, Shroomish would be bought from the token store because of Mach Punch, etc. I was just wondering, because priority moves are reaaaally nice to have on any pokemon really, and some pokemon are just lost without them (breloom, hitmontop, etc.) I don't know myself of any function or anything that could implement quick attack and all that, but if it was possible, that'd be a HUGE improvement to the moves in game :) If I'm not posting in a good spot I apologize, but thanks for the read either way!

Friko

well, a true/false system would work...wouldln't it?

using speed as variables and using true-false statements in a for loop would work right?

like, having a system go:

(ill use base speeds of obvious pokemon)

Jolteon vs. Lapras

Jolteon speed<lapras=0 (false statement)

Jolteon speed>lapras=1 (true statement)

but

Jolteon speed>ice shard=0 (false statement)

Jolteon speed<ice shard=1 (false statement)

or something to that extent, making the move comparative to the pokemons overall speed?

like making it a new base speed

erm...like, moves like ice shard have 2,100 speed, to guarantee they go first, while moves like extreme speed (with 2+ priority) will have 3,000 speed, and moves like fake-out and protect have 4,000 and 5,000 speed accordingly. (If pokemon both use a +1 speed prio move, then its decided by the actual speed of the pokemon, although the move still happens afterwards). roar moves have -1 speed, trick room moves have -2 speed, the only highest move besides that would be at 7,000 for pursuit (ONLY during switching), and 6,000 for feint (ONLY when target uses protect). can i get an answer on how that would work out? ultimately, im stating these numbers + the actual speed of the pokemon= who goes first, the reason why im using thousands, is because deoxys speed can actually hit 2,000 speed with a couple of agilities.

Dr.brock

Just a suggestion :
Can you add the Feri in vermillion city, take you back to Johto New Bark Town, to the ones who came from johto, have all johto badges but dont have train pass.
Like the one in New Bark Town, which takes you back to Kanto, from Johto if you dont have Train pass, but have all Kanto Badges. Just similar for reverse direction please :)
Because, otherwise it takes a long time to go back to Viridian City --> Tohjo Falls, then to New Bark Town. So please if you can :) And if some1 who have all Johto Badges, but dont have access to saffron, so for him in order to trade, he has to go back Johto, through long way, then come to Kanto wasting a lot time. :(
So if you can do this, It'll be a great Help for us :)

Merse

Youngster
I would keep the ferry option open for oversea regions like Hoenn.

yrgnuh

I know this is probably very off topic but I think that you guys should add an elite 4 into the game. You could make it like a mini quest kinda like mt. silver and only allow it to be beaten once. To deal with people losing on purpose to get exp you could make it so that you could only enter with a team composed completely of 99's. Could also make it a requirement to get like 100 wins in pvp or something. The reward for the quest could be something like gaining access to a new area with like level 60 or something pokemon so you'd basically just gain access to a new and better training area. Just some suggestions cause I know mad people want an elite 4.

The-Predator

Youngster
Tecknician said:
I just updated expolosion, self destruct

You should see if that glitch still occurs... (I don't think it does after light testing)
i dont know what glitch u meant, but sometimes using explosion/self-destruct bugs the battle, example:

trainer A uses electrode, player B uses dragonite, player A uses screech player B uses agilitiy, player A uses screech again, player B uses dragon dance , player A uses explosion and both pokemon faints at the same time (electrode and dragonite) now what happens sometimes is that electrode fainted so "it returns to the pokeball" as usual but dragonite seems to faint returns to the pokeball at same time but after electrode dissapear from the battle scene dragonites re-appear then is when this bug happens ,

bug A:in the handhelds when both pokes faint at the same time trainers should choose their pokes without any kind of advantage they should choose their pokes and wait and see what its the opponent´s pokemon (like if they started again) , in PWO after dragonite re-appear in battle scene sometimes it is able mm to switch the pokemon even it is fainted it stays in battle scene so now the Trainer B has advantage knowing the pokemon the trainer A just sent out

bug B:after dragonite re-appear in the battle scene sometimes it is not able to be switched out trainer B choose to send out froslass, in his side of the battle scene it looks like froslass has been sent out but in the trainer A´s side dragonite is still in battle then both trainers start to lose their pokemoney as the trainer A is chossing atk as usual but it says drgonite is fainted and cant atk but in the trainer B´s side hes trying to atk with froslass using an atk but nothing happens

ill try to make some SS to explain myself better

Saric

Youngster
To note, shellder does not have shell smash, icicle crash, or razor shell in its moveset (which it should, going by 5th gen movesets). The rest of the moves are in there fine.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Saric said:
To note, shellder does not have shell smash, icicle crash, or razor shell in its moveset (which it should, going by 5th gen movesets). The rest of the moves are in there fine.

None of those moves have actually been added to the database yet, so they have not been added to the movesets of any Pokemon that learned them in Black/White. Not all moves, particularly generation 5 moves more or less, have been added to the database, hence their exclusion from Pokemon that learned them in the handheld games.

charbz123

Can you add the three starting pokemon for emerald and saphhire somewhere in the wild. Cause i really want mudkip in this game

ashu.xman

Hey teck, can i know the reason why hyperbeam and giga impact are nerfed so badly??
Why they are not at their full strength. This is not good, if a move has high damage, then you'll decrease the damage so that it has no difference with tackle. :(
Just asking.. no offense i mean.:)

Orean

Website
twitter.com
ashu.xman said:
Hey teck, can i know the reason why hyperbeam and giga impact are nerfed so badly??
Why they are not at their full strength. This is not good, if a move has high damage, then you'll decrease the damage so that it has no difference with tackle. :(
Just asking.. no offense i mean.:)

Although I am not Tecknician, I should mention that Hyper Beam and Giga Impact had recharge turns in the handheld game, which is not supported here. Due to limitations in the battle system, they can attack on consecutive turns without being impeded by a cooldown turn. Without the lack of such a repercussion here, their base powers were reduced to 100 points to offset it into a more balanced proportion.'

When such repercussions are implemented into the battle system, it will be safe to assume that they may be set to the base powers used in the handheld games.

Also, although their powers are subprime compared to the handheld games, they are still set at 100 base power points, which is considerably above average, in comparison to other normal-type moves, without delving into an imbalanced potential, wouldn't you say?

ksalim313

Shouldn't Ninjask be able to learn Nincada's learnset via playerdex? Because I checked many times and it can't!

I think this is a glitch since Ninjask actually evolves from Nincada, so, I hope this get fixed whenever you have time!

Thanks in advance :)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
ksalim313 said:
Shouldn't Ninjask be able to learn Nincada's learnset via playerdex? Because I checked many times and it can't!

I think this is a glitch since Ninjask actually evolves from Nincada, so, I hope this get fixed whenever you have time!

Thanks in advance :)

I think nincada must evolve into shedinja only here and for some reason ninjask and nincada were never linked in the database. Hopefully not too difficult a fix.

autobots

well can u put back the race spot with some new token pokes as price