Pokemon Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

crenel

Youngster
Small update to Slaking.

Slaking no longer learns Hammer Arm. Instead it now learns Rock Smash. All existing Slakings that knew Hammer Arm have had it replaced with Rock Smash. All existing Slakings that still knew Focus Punch have had it replaced by Scratch.

Rock Smash is 40 base power, 100% accuracy, is a Fighting-type attack and reduces the opponent's defense by 1 stage (represented in PWO by 10 points) 50% of the time.

This should allow Slaking to continue to function at a competitive level without harming the ability of any other Pokemon to likewise function.

ash.catchem

Youngster
thx crenel good to see back...
and now i think we can all defeat slaking, its no OP now...

supriz

Youngster
crenel said:
Small update to Slaking.

Slaking no longer learns Hammer Arm. Instead it now learns Rock Smash. All existing Slakings that knew Hammer Arm have had it replaced with Rock Smash. All existing Slakings that still knew Focus Punch have had it replaced by Scratch.

Rock Smash is 40 base power, 100% accuracy, is a Fighting-type attack and reduces the opponent's defense by 1 stage (represented in PWO by 10 points) 50% of the time.

This should allow Slaking to continue to function at a competitive level without harming the ability of any other Pokemon to likewise function.

But why?
:(

crenel

Youngster
Because I've been meaning to get to that for weeks but haven't been able to.

pokearcanine

crenel is updating pokes in order,can someone say what number he stopped?i think it was the venomoth(49)but im not sure

Saric

Youngster
..just asking. Why hasn't giga impact been nerfed for tauros?
It's worse than what slak was with hammer arm..

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Saric said:
..just asking. Why hasn't giga impact been nerfed for tauros?
It's worse than what slak was with hammer arm..

Solar beam
Hyper beam
Outrage ... and the list goes

Tauros is not what slak was... Slak was a tank...

Slak teams are not unbeteables now... greath update

pieguy13

You're only saying that cuz you don't want Tauros nerfed because you have a shiny one. The fact of the matter is Tauros now easily beats Slaking. Thus, to balance things as with the other examples you gave, Giga Impact should be nerfed.

DaSnowman

Slaks were never meant to be offensive powerhouses like they were this is still better for slak owners than an addition of truant abilities and tauros is still more than killable shiny or not. Giving Slak Hammer Arm gave him answers to nearly all counters and also made it tough for players who couldnt afford tokens or buying a good one a severe disadvantage this addition makes the playing field much more level

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
pieguy13 said:
You're only saying that cuz you don't want Tauros nerfed because you have a shiny one. The fact of the matter is Tauros now easily beats Slaking. Thus, to balance things as with the other examples you gave, Giga Impact should be nerfed.

Lol? I did the analysis when slaking was still in my team (uber slaking) I sold it because the battles were going out of strategy and that was not very enjoyable... I'm not being selfish, Im just giving an example, there are lots of overpowered pokes and moves, but slak was the main problem and WE ALL KNOW THAT. You'll see some good changes in the battles now. Its not because *I own a Shiny tauros*, everyone here got 1 since its Vr and it doesnt have the same stats as Slaking, Btw... The only move tauros had when i bough it was *Trash*. You sound like * oh no, ok if my slak got edited i want the same for the rest * You should think about it and take some mins to read the old post before you call someone selfish. Shot us a list of broken moves/overpowered pokes, then you'll get some more respect. Cheers...

EDIT*
If you think about it, slaking is better than what it is in the nintendo games.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hyper_beam
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Solar_beam
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Outrage

pieguy13

No *bleep* Slaking is way better than it is in Nintendo games. The lack of the ability Truant shows that. Slaking/Regigigas is only good in double battles where the battle partner uses either skill swap or gastro acid on Slaking. Slaking's moveset would be exactly the same in cartridge and PWO as far as status effects and drawbacks go. Tauros, on the other hand, would not be the same case. Giga impact has the repercussion of having the user wait a turn (recharge) after using it, EXACTLY LIKE HYPER BEAM. Last time I checked, hyper beam was nerfed because of the mass spam of it on (S) Gyarados when the shiny boost still existed.

Now for your examples:
Solarbeam is not nerfed. It is still 120 power iirc. If you don't believe me, go check the wiki.
Petal Dance/Thrash are only nerfed because they were 90 power in 3rd gen (many PWO movesets are based off FR/LF). Outrage is not nerfed.
Hyper Beam I explained above.
Focus Punch was nerfed for obvious reasons. A 150 power 100 accuracy move was absurd. Even 75 power 50 accuracy gave Slaking the potential to kill many pokes. Hammer arm was the same. 100 base power coming from Slaking would be devastating.

Do some research before you try to argue, it helps.

RubickMan

Slaking is nerfed  , it dont have hammer arm, so should  the giga impact be nerfed  to 110 , 120 or 100?  ???
Look tauros can easily defeat char, nite, venu, fera, ... even aroe

ash.catchem

Youngster
RubickGM said:
Slaking is nerfed  , it dont have hammer arm, so should  the giga impact be nerfed  to 110 , 120 or 100?  ???
You are just looking at only his one attack, one hit of flare blitz, and tauros gone...
You cant compare tauros and slaking, slaking has mighty stats of def and spdef, while tauros can be killed by one or 2 spatks, so stop it you all now...
Otherwise next day you would start saying now removes all HydroPumps, all Flareblitz and flamethrower, all hyperbeams...
The slaking pokemon has been made equal to others now, not the moves what he has...
and Slaking is yet powerful with reversal and chip away and his mighty stats, so dont cry now about that...

Gifford

ash.catchem said:
RubickGM said:
You are just looking at only his one attack, one hit of flare blitz, and tauros gone...
You cant compare tauros and slaking, slaking has mighty stats of def and spdef, while tauros can be killed by one or 2 spatks, so stop it you all now...
Otherwise next day you would start saying now removes all HydroPumps, all Flareblitz and flamethrower, all hyperbeams...
The slaking pokemon has been made equal to others now, not the moves what he has...
and Slaking is yet powerful with reversal and chip away and his mighty stats, so dont cry now about that...

i would love for you to show me a char that can 1 shot a full hp tauros...

ash.catchem

Youngster
I said 1 or 2 spatks, and atleast superpower from fera can defeat it easily....
So you cant say that tauros can defeat 4 pokes easily lol...
And if you scared of tauros, then get one, its not a big deal, its just VR, while slaking was 15 token UC...
Which most players can't get it... So look at them also dont be too selfish..

Crocs2001

ash.catchem said:
I said 1 or 2 spatks, and atleast superpower from fera can defeat it easily....
So you cant say that tauros can defeat 4 pokes easily lol...
And if you scared of tauros, then get one, its not a big deal, its just VR, while slaking was 15 token UC...
Which most players can't get it... So look at them also dont be too selfish..

ash.catchem said:
RubickGM said:

obviously u have very little experience in battling in the max lvl..
first of all, slaking has only good def, but very sucky spdef. second, flare blitz can't one hit a tauros, superpower from feral can't one hit a tauros either..
even before this, slaking is already easy to beat. and i can't find any pokemon that can one hit a full hp tauros yet,, maybe a STAB-ed fighting moves, but idk never tested it myself.. so tauros is a lil bit better than slaking before this update. i have seen many slaking failed to one hit even a low def pokes like jolt, electabuzz, or even a kazam (yes right, i just saw a slaking fail to kill a kazam few hrs ago), but tauros always one hit them after surviving the first hit.

i'm just saying, if u dont have the facts right, plz dont try to miss-lead others,,

anyhoo..
kudos for the updates.. keep it up and ill be waiting for other updates

ash.catchem

Youngster
Well i defeated tauros with my machamp in one hit by cross chop, so thats why i was saying superpower, may be it not...
and Slaking that I fought it took 2-3 pokes to kill him even machamp need 2 turns which he didn't get, so slaking is more OP than tauros, might be crocs your slaking has bad stats(might be  ;))...

and if slaking looks so fail and tauros so strong, so why don't you people replace slaking with tauros...?? :p

Gifford

ash.catchem said:
Well i defeated tauros with my machamp in one hit by cross chop, so thats why i was saying superpower, may be it not...
and Slaking that I fought it took 2-3 pokes to kill him even machamp need 2 turns which he didn't get, so slaking is more OP than tauros, might be crocs your slaking has bad stats(might be  ;))...

and if slaking looks so fail and tauros so strong, so why don't you people replace slaking with tauros...?? :p

as Crocs just said, a STAB-ed fighting could possibly do it.

Crocs2001

well even if slaking has fighting weakness, his DEF is  way better then his SPDEF. thats why a 120 power SPATK from a high SPATK pokemons (i.e charizard/jolteon) will do way better against a slaking then a fighting move.. just so u know, when a poke is weak against a certain move, doesn't mean that move type is the best way to use against it.
nad no, my slaking does not have bad stats.. those are the example of what other's slakings does to my pokemons. just FYI, my buzz has only 2 iv def and 8 iv hp, and it survived a hit from 3 different slakings. this just show how slaking is really not a big threat actually..

and yeah, i did say STAB-ed one might do it right? assuming you understand what STAB means.
i still stay with my argument earlier that tauros is just as OP as slaking now..
and FYI, yes, many ppl has replaced slakings with tauros.. or even many ppl has a slaking AND a tauros now in their battle team

anyhoo no need to continue this argument..
the thing is there will always be pros and cons every time a change is being made.. we can cry and complain all we want, but i myself choose to do the other way, which is just trying to adapt with this new changes.. and i think we all have to do it too..

Status
Not open for further replies.