Pokemon Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOF69

Whether or not Giga Impact should be nuked is up for debate, but there is one change to Giga that must be done: lower its accuracy from 100 to 90 percent.  Everyone would complain about Hyper Beam being overpowered if its base power were raised back to 150 again, but at least the move still misses from time to time.  The fact that Giga never misses is a major concern and part of the reason why Tauros is somewhat overpowered.  As for Giga's power, I'll leave that argument alone.

ash.catchem

Youngster
HOF69, i think you are right and they will be doing when they reach tauros, because they are doing one by one..
because they correcting every moves and pokes so, since real giga impact already has 90 % acc, they will do it, so no need to worry on that, but don't remove giga impact as otherwise no powerful move will be left in pwo...Please.

crenel

Youngster
For all intents and purposes Slaking and Tauros have identical Special Defense. At maximum they're less than ten points apart. Tauros has half of Slaking's potential max HP and is only slightly faster. There's a bunch of other Special Attack heavy Pokemon (such as the heavily mentioned Charizard) that should be able to hold up to either of them.

I entirely understand if I'm wrong but the Tauros changes have been in there for a bit over a month now and haven't really been talked too heavily about until after this last change. It seems to me more that Slaking was being used as a guaranteed way to defeat a Tauros (using powerful fighting type attacks) and that following this change a few people aren't sure what they're going to use now (even though options have been there). I feel as though the sudden clamoring of Tauros cries are a bit of a knee jerk reaction rather than an actual representation of what's going on.

I was unaware that Giga Impact was using an incorrect value for accuracy so I've changed that. I'm pretty sure that things will calm down some, but just to ensure that it happens I did an out of order update to Exeggcute, Exeggutor, Electabuzz, Magmar, and Lapras. Hopefully that will add enough variety so that it isn't an issue anymore.

pokearcanine

hey crenel,which number of dex will you start the updating?im ansiously waiting for arcanine have it moveset updated

Saric

Youngster
I guess Giga's accuracy being lowered is better than nothing, at least.
Thanks for that and the others, anyway. Keep up the good work.

ash.catchem

Youngster
wow too many updates at sudden, ty for all of them...
Now exeggutor is going to be very useful...

ash.catchem

Youngster
are you going in number wise??
i think you missed some pokes like arcanine... and many more that needed to be edited..
if not number ewise then is that random poke you chose?

R

RazorRV

thanks for your good updates, and  i hope you could udpate more the pokemons, which will make game more exciting, like Donphan Arcanine, Heracross, Kingdra, Treeko,Blaziken and Swampert.  :)

N

NipaRedAkashiStar

thanks for your new updates , but could you plz make the old focus puch to slaking with 40 % or 50 % acc . is it possible?
this is my exp that the battles are more interesting in 50 % of focus puch. ^^

maadoo

doing so will undo all the work crenel did to make slaking counterable:p

N

NipaRedAkashiStar

a lucky chance for 40 % , but it is just the opinion . so it may be against  the new updates
::)

Contagion

IF YOU ARE READING THIS THREAD:

It has been stated several times that Crenel is not taking suggestions. He has a system and is working through the list as he has prioritized them. Just sit back and wait like the rest of us... he's improving the game, try not to get more demanding!

Crenel, thanks once again for more awesome updates and all your hard work. This is huge!

Contagion

mRp. said:
Crenel my slaking still has Hammer Arm.

Mine DID too, but I removed it... I was told in the online chat keeping it is exploiting a known glitch and thus was a bannable offense.

ash.catchem

Youngster
Hey crenel I think you left some part of tauros, the thrash attack which tauros has should have base power of 120, while it is 90 in PWO, so please correct thrash attack power please.

risefromruins

Youngster
Thrash was nerfed due to it being abused by gyarados long ago.  Not sure if the Hyperbeam/Thrash nerf is still necessary, but that is the reasoning behind it.

Dovee

Youngster
Actually thrash was never nerf'd
It use to be 90 power but in 5th gen got upgraded. Maybe 4th idk but pwo just hasnt updated it. Also no point in hyperbeam still being nerf'd since there is no shiny boost. Should be just like giga impact imo

Status
Not open for further replies.