Map Loading Issues. (black screen)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Re: I can't log in

ASFJerome said:
When I log on, it logs me on, but it says "Loading Map (Viridian Forest).
It just stays like that and doesn't change. :(
Can anybody help?

I merged your post with this sticky topic, please read the post which is now directly above your own for all information on this issue.

VirgoVaca

Issues Logging In

After typing my username and password, I am brought to a screen that says "Loading Huang Shangu Forest" and then the screen goes black after a while. Is there a way to fix this?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
VirgoVaca said:
After typing my username and password, I am brought to a screen that says "Loading Huang Shangu Forest" and then the screen goes black after a while. Is there a way to fix this?

If you have problems with map loading please do not make a new post about it. Reply to this post if you wish. This is a known issue and all the known 'fixes' for it are listed below in this post.

Sometimes the connection from client to map server is just unstable and only time will fix the problem, or you might get lucky and may connect to the maps just by the old 'keep trying' method.

For others the problem is on your side so it is worth trying the methods below that have helped others, but sadly the fixes listed have not worked for everyone.

The troubleshooting methods listed below have worked for some:
* Type /ref while the map is attempting to load. (Hit Enter, type /ref, then hit Enter again.)
* Turn off your firewall and antivirus to see if one is blocking the map server. (Then make sure pwo.exe is an exception in your firewall, and any Resident Shield attached to your antivirus is disabled so you can turn your antivirus or firewall back on again.)
* Open Internet Explorer, go into your Internet Settings, and under "Homepage", click "Use Default" and then OK everything."
* Uninstall PWO and delete the PWO folder from your Program Files and then download and reinstall.
* Register another account and see if it is account related- try another computer- another internet address- another windows user account.

Also if your computer is part of a Network it could be the Network Security blocking the map server.

It can even come good on its own, or one of the above may work, but there is no set solution unfortunately.

Good luck!

Roberto14

I have a problem: in the all city event (forest, cemetery, town ecc) I DON'T see very good houses, tree, center pokemon, market...I see the square grey or other strange forms..what is the problem? What can I do?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Roberto14 said:
I have a problem: in the all city event (forest, cemetery, town ecc) I DON'T see very good houses, tree, center pokemon, market...I see the square grey or other strange forms..what is the problem? What can I do?

Can you post a screenshot in here so we can see what you mean?

CroMedek

Loging in

I'm having issue with client. I downloaded 182 and instal it normaly. Then I enter my name, password and press log in. It starts logging in but that stps at "Loading map ... Shuttle Cove" and stays there for hours... what do I need to do to fix it?
Same thing happened on 181 client.
PLease help...

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Re: Loging in

CroMedek said:
I'm having issue with client. I downloaded 182 and instal it normaly. Then I enter my name, password and press log in. It starts logging in but that stps at "Loading map ... Shuttle Cove" and stays there for hours... what do I need to do to fix it?
Same thing happened on 181 client.
PLease help...

Please read the post above which has all the information on map loading issues we currently have.

beebee16

Black screen

black screen how to fix this i always relog and nothings change pls help :(

gipsman

hello gems and admins an others i have the black screen isseu for 3 months now and 6 dollars for membership but it wont load the map. i have tryed every thing on forum but nothing helps!!!! :'( it happend from one day to the other and it stopt working i feel robbed :S i put somuch time and effort in the game, i hope you guys realy make some work out of this because this is steaing peoples money and i dont think you want do that

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
gipsman said:
hello gems and admins an others i have the black screen isseu for 3 months now and 6 dollars for membership but it wont load the map. i have tryed every thing on forum but nothing helps!!!! :'( it happend from one day to the other and it stopt working i feel robbed :S i put somuch time and effort in the game, i hope you guys realy make some work out of this because this is steaing peoples money and i dont think you want do that

You're not paying to play; it's a donation used on server maintenances. Then you were not stole... About black screen try to run the possible solutions one more time. (Many times when I had black screen was due to my bad conection to the internet)

Luminance

Youngster
Developer
The following method worked with some players, maybe you should give it a try:

Open Internet options from: Control Panel -> Network and Internet

You should see a window like that:
5uMSACf.jpg

if you opened Internet Options using your IE browser from Menu bar -> Tools -> Internet Options

You might see the following window:
YXbYnFb.jpg

Try to click on the bottoms in the red rectangles and check if the problem is solved or not. I am not sure what is the reason for the issue to be honest, but it deserves a try in my opinion :)

I hope this helps, good luck :)

Purvesh2000

Hi all of you..My map is not loading :( it says loading map Huang Shangu Forset..But nothing happens,it stucks there..I hope somebody will solve this problem..

Purvesh2000

Hello all..My guild tournament has started on 9th feb and the map is not loading..i request to solve this problem as soon as possible..

gipsman

ive got the same problem map not loading is there no way to fix it? ive tryded everything it still wont load the map:( please please fix the bug:(

Seryoga

Can´t get in game / Map Loading...

Hi, first i didn´t want to ask for help, but i cant get in game. I tried to relog already 50times and nothing helps...i reconnected my internet and everything.
I dont know if this will help, im in huang shangu forest.

Im logging in and then im stuck at Loading Map all the time. Anyone know what i can do??

Seryoga

Re: Can´t get in game / Map Loading...

sorry for the useless post after hundred times of reloging i got in

Purvesh2000

Hello all..My 5 days Membership has wasted :( and now the event will be over by wednesday..Please I request to solve this problem immediately..

Purvesh2000

Damn :(..Not loading map :(..

[attachment=3417]

Attachments

• Map Issue.png
    Map Issue.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,635