Map Loading Issues. (black screen)

iJoker

Patience isn't really a good a tip. I payed money towards a donation to this server and there isn't really any help. This Black screen of death issue is something that everyone experiences and personally I didn't sign any waivers stating that I acknowledge or allow you guys to NOT recompensate me for time lost under paid membership. Technically you accepted my money on the understanding that I would get 30 days of playable membership. Being black screened is not playable. There really should be IN GAME gm's handling these issues. Not only controlling peoples out of control behavior in the chat box but as well as personally refreshing people who are black screened. It is a simple fix for an in game gm, they can send you to any location, for example a pokemon center. I am really curious as to why I have seen ZERO involvement with in game moderation/help or advice. I do understand that GM's are expected to monitor these forums as well as the game. Sadly, I have never seen a GM actually being active and helping people in the actually game. The thing in which us, as players, have the option to PAY MONEY, for us to get certain perks in the game. I would think your number one route or avenue of a temporary "Fix" is to have people in place in the actual game, to unstick people at the very least, aside from anyone of the actual script editing. I would love to give my time and patience as help and actually provide this with and for people that are actually in the game and not staring at the text on this forum. I am sorry to say but, buying a new computer, or switching to a different one is highly unreasonable. Especially making a new account. No, I have spent my hard earned money on the acct that I have. I have spent my precocious time to create or give myself and interest to play your game and pay you money with the acct that I have. Creating a new one is absolutely the worst idea and idea of encouragement for you people to be giving.

Oh and P.S.

I am black screened to.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I think you have misunderstood what you have seen ingame. I have spent many hours over the last several days moving people to pokemon centers. In MOST cases this has not helped. Yes, often the pokemon center map loads up fine, and sometimes the city beyond it. Less often does the map they originally got black mapped on load again though, so for whatever reason- maybe pokemon spawns are delayed the map that little bit more and making it hang.. sending people to a pc does NOT usually work. I still do it when I'm ingame of course just in case.

Also when you start playing this game you acccept that it is a beta game, in development, and no guarantees are ever made of uptime or glitch free playing. At all times all staff will do their very best to help you play the game as best it can be played, but all of us have limits and are at the mercy of some glitches as much as an other player. It is the nature of the PWO, patience IS needed by all of us from the newest player to the highest level DEV/Owner.

As for membership I do know that extended disruptions to play for everyone have prompted Admin to extend it in times past. It is up to Admin if this issue is serious enough to do so again now or in the future if it continues.

superfincaptoad

when i log in it just comes the loading i cant move or do anything if i click the green - it goes fully black
all of those i have tried nothing worked i hope there is a way to fix it...

LDKmaster

Black screen, help please?

Hello all of you!

I've only just encountered this wonderful game and stumbled across a possible bug.

I log onto the game, the game loads and then I get a black screen which never changes. It gets stuck there.

Any solutions to fix this? Thanks!

Dog_Face

Re: Black screen, help please?

hmmm unstall the game and unstall him if he dont worck w8 to adm or dev fix the probleme

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
If you have problems with map loading please do not make a new post about it. Reply to this post if you wish. This is a known issue and all the known 'fixes' for it are listed below in this post.

Sometimes the connection from client to map server is just unstable and only time will fix the problem, or you might get lucky and may connect to the maps just by the old 'keep trying' method.

For others the problem is on your side so it is worth trying the methods below that have helped others, but sadly the fixes listed have not worked for everyone.

The troubleshooting methods listed below have worked for some:
* Type /ref while the map is attempting to load. (Hit Enter, type /ref, then hit Enter again.)
* Turn off your firewall and antivirus to see if one is blocking the map server. (Then make sure pwo.exe is an exception in your firewall, and any Resident Shield attached to your antivirus is disabled so you can turn your antivirus or firewall back on again.)
* Open Internet Explorer, go into your Internet Settings, and under "Homepage", click "Use Default" and then OK everything."
* Uninstall PWO and delete the PWO folder from your Program Files and then download and reinstall.
* Register another account and see if it is account related- try another computer- another internet address- another windows user account.

Also if your computer is part of a Network it could be the Network Security blocking the map server.

It can even come good on its own, or one of the above may work, but there is no set solution unfortunately.

Good luck!

KuuRaa

nick : KuuRaa
My English is poor. I have tried all methods, none of them worked, and everything is done as mentioned above. Black Screen I have already three days. What's the best 3 days ago I did a membership? For what? to see a black screen! I do not know what to do .. it was just a couple of times but it was a mountain at the goalkeeper three days .. WHAT TO DO? WHAT YOU CAN DO?

LINK (printscreen) :
http://images63.fotosik.pl/267/3cb64f894d141f7f.jpg

Saric

Youngster
KuuRaa said:
nick : KuuRaa
My English is poor. I have tried all methods, none of them worked, and everything is done as mentioned above. Black Screen I have already three days. What's the best 3 days ago I did a membership? For what? to see a black screen! I do not know what to do .. it was just a couple of times but it was a mountain at the goalkeeper three days .. WHAT TO DO? WHAT YOU CAN DO?

LINK (printscreen) :
http://images63.fotosik.pl/267/3cb64f894d141f7f.jpg
Try opening internet explorer, go to your internet options, and set your homepage to default. This may fix it.

KuuRaa

It did not work .. Next I see only a black screen and other players who for some do not have that problem, and play normally .. There'd be writing about it if not for the fact that I bought a membership from which I can not even use it! Did someone finally speak with administrators? I've tried everything - and nothing!

ksalim313

May I suggest resetting your advanced internet options and all of your browsers settings to default?

For the advanced internet settings: Internet Options -> click on the "Advanced" tab -> "Restore advanced settings".

I hope you could solve this problem soon :)

KuuRaa

It also did not help. Know someone there any other ways? Or it could be an administrator uttered on this?

nicolasloor

BLACK SCREEN BUG

[attachment=2985]i have the black screen bug and i am annoyed!!! i recently buy the membership, so i wanna know if there is someone that can help me or can give more time for my memberr

Attachments

• PWO_opt.png
    PWO_opt.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,198

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Admin and DEV are aware of this issue and there are currently no further fixes known that have not been added to this post.

If you have problems with map loading please do not make a new post about it. Reply to this post if you wish. This is a known issue and all the known 'fixes' for it are listed below in this post.

Sometimes the connection from client to map server is just unstable and only time will fix the problem, or you might get lucky and may connect to the maps just by the old 'keep trying' method.

For others the problem is on your side so it is worth trying the methods below that have helped others, but sadly the fixes listed have not worked for everyone.

The troubleshooting methods listed below have worked for some:
* Type /ref while the map is attempting to load. (Hit Enter, type /ref, then hit Enter again.)
* Turn off your firewall and antivirus to see if one is blocking the map server. (Then make sure pwo.exe is an exception in your firewall, and any Resident Shield attached to your antivirus is disabled so you can turn your antivirus or firewall back on again.)
* Open Internet Explorer, go into your Internet Settings, and under "Homepage", click "Use Default" and then OK everything."
* Uninstall PWO and delete the PWO folder from your Program Files and then download and reinstall.
* Register another account and see if it is account related- try another computer- another internet address- another windows user account.

Also if your computer is part of a Network it could be the Network Security blocking the map server.

It can even come good on its own, or one of the above may work, but there is no set solution unfortunately.

Good luck!

Atra_Angua

hello.
yesterday the game workt...now all is black and map is loading, cant move.

ref doesnt work
deinstalled, all folders deleated, install...nothing
do a new account...all black to

exe is hit to the firewall list

i use google Chrome, not internet explorer. where can i change these "Homepage", click "Use Default" (and what does this mean in GERMAN?)

Please help me

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
You don't have to use internet explorer for it to interfere with the game, since it is the default browser for Windows.

I would suggest using google in your language to find a step by step guide to making sure your home page is set to default in Internet Explorer.

Anfepa18

Hi I'm having problems with the server appears online repond but please i need help all day I could not play because I open the game and the screen is black toa

DirtyAcre

Hi everyone. I got the same problem with black screen. This problem occurs systematically every 3rd day and it makes me unable to log in for almost whole day. Here is the news - I have recently found out that it may be CloudFlare which is blocking my access to map server.I have observed that CloudFlare appears on PWO website the same day i can't reach the access to maps.

Always when I see this, I know i will not be able to play for the next few hours. :( somebody help me plz

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Do you actually complete the captcha when you get this page? This is only a temporary block until you do what is asked.

Rash139

hello,
i have log onto the game and while surfing in whirl island 1F, map has been reloaded and i got stuck on the land and unable to enter back neither into water nor other land.
is there any solution for this??