Do you feel strongly about the spawn changes, and in which fashion?

• I am happy about the spawns' levels.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am happy about the rarity rates of the area(s)'s spawns.

• I am happy about the spawn selections that inhabit the area(s).

• I am unhappy about the spawns' levels.

• I am unhappy about the rarity rates of the area(s)'s spawns.

• I am unhappy about the spawn selections that inhabit the area(s).

• Total voters

Tha-Kram

maybe im seeing things, but i really think I saw "night" at 6 am Poketime >.>

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Tha_Kram said:
maybe im seeing things, but i really think I saw "night" at 6 am Poketime >.>

What do you mean? I don't think there is any way to tell what times we have set for spawns to appear, they are custom and appear nowhere which is why we are telling you. :) If you're saying the night spawn murkrow is appearing outside those hours (5pm to 5am), that's imprortant.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
As a heads-up, the poll has now been reset in order to field votes that are pertinent to the current, more massive block of test-run areas. If you've already voted prior to the poll's re-creation, you will need to revote in order for your vote to land on record.

All of the verbal feedback will still be accounted for, of course; it will be more explanatory if anything, but for a more massive-scale block, such as this, we're hoping to collect much statistical (poll-voted) feedback in order to give us pointers for more dimensions of feedback.

We're hoping to see a collectively plentiful amount of input—it's a larger-scale block of testing, therefore we're hoping to upscale our pools of testers; you never know what you may want changed moving into the future, so we're hoping to have much feedback coverage with all of the areas. :)

Tha-Kram

there is an ingame clock that says Daytime/Nighttime that does not follow your day/night spawns
1 sec, ill make a screenshot of it

see the confusion?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Tha_Kram said:
there is an ingame clock that says Daytime/Nighttime that does not follow your day/night spawns

That's right, the time for the night spawns are set manually, they don't have to coincide with the ingame picture in the top right corner.

nemo55

HitmonFonty said:
Tha_Kram said:

That's right, the time for the night spawns are set manually, they don't have to coincide with the ingame picture in the top right corner.

That's just plain ugly, and unprofessional. How do you not make the night spawns coincide with the in-game time properly.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
nemo55 said:
HitmonFonty said:
Tha_Kram said:

That's just plain ugly, and unprofessional. How do you not make the night spawns coincide with the in-game time properly.

A pokemon doesn't have to be active at exactly the same time as the sun goes up and down. In this case murkrow is active in the evenings and throughout the night but leaves the area before the sun comes up. If you don't like the reasoning that's fine, all feedback is welcome and taken on board.

nemo55

Meh I gotta stop caring so much.

Anyways, I like how this Block 4 was revamped. Voted happy for everything. I will continue to exploit these areas, and looking forward to more blocks updated soon.

Tha-Kram

I don't think there is any way to tell what times we have set for spawns to appear
that is exactly the problem, nobody knows unless you tell them or they happen to read this thread
I think it is unlogical to make up your own timescale if there is already one ingame

you just made up that the "Night" ingame is pitch darkness only, who says it isn't slightly dawn the last hour?
like I said before, it is very confusing using different timescales

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Tha_Kram said:
I don't think there is any way to tell what times we have set for spawns to appear
that is exactly the problem, nobody knows unless you tell them or they happen to read this thread
I think it is unlogical to make up your own timescale if there is already one ingame

you just made up that the "Night" ingame is pitch darkness only, who says it isn't slightly dawn the last hour?
like I said before, it is very confusing using different timescales

There is a way to tell if when a spawn is appearing. You have to be in the route and just type /list. The results show what is there at that moment. So at 4:30am route 12 will show murkrow, but after 5am it will not show up at all. When the new spawn rarities are added back, you will also be able to note any differences in their spawn rate as well.

nemo55 said:
Meh I gotta stop caring so much.

Please don't think we're fobbing off your feedback here, the times may well change with the feedback and more thought. Just don't feel that it needs to be locked into the day/night cycle of the client. It is an option to do it that way certainly, but that also may be too restricting if you consider that different pokemon may have different hours of activity. For example although we have set all the night/day spawns and rates at 5pm to 5am in this block, they may change for other pokemon later on. Even in this block it could be considered that houndour would share different stalking hours to murkrow. Maybe he wouldn't come out in the late afternoon as we've set it now but wait until later on when it is fully dark.

So I do think it's better to leave the times flexible, but nothing is set in stone at this point. Changes are possible if not likely but again more thought is needed before making them. :)

Tha-Kram

hitmon10.png

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Tha_Kram said:
Hitmonfonty Attacks Players with Confusion
It's Super Effective!

ha, so now with that accomplished I have a request. So far we've had little specific feedback on times spent hunting in this new block, and as there are several hunting areas we'd appreciate anyone who is noting exact, or close to exact times it has taken to find the dusk stone, cubone, growlithe, and electabuzz.

The reason we need these playtest periods is because staff testing would take a lot longer and hold up releases incredibly were we to rely on only ourselves for this. So we want all feedback and as detailed as you can make it. :)

Also if you don't feel like posting, you can send me or Rigaudon or Creobis a PM with your feedback. Or even just drop me a PM ingame or on IRC. So many options. ^-^ The more information we can get back from the tests the better chance we have of creating the game experience we all want to achieve from it.

Tha-Kram

if you want me to come back you have to start listening and answer my commands:

1. make a solo Elekid Egg voucher

2a. give me 1 good argument why you don't use the ingame Night/Day indicator, "your interpretation" is a lousy one and I don't count that
2b. Declaring what is Night and what not, depending on the pokemon, just makes things overcomplicated and more confusing, what argument do you have against that?

3. Murkrow is a night spawn only, without any further indicator
- as players usually check /list only once, they can't see that Murkrow spawns at night only and may start searching for it during the day
- I think it's better to give it a (Night) in front of its name rather than only being visible at nighttime on /list, unless you want to do both

if you think this^ is too much too ask, just say so and I won't bother you again

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Tha_Kram said:
if you want me to come back you have to start listening and answer my commands:

1. make a solo Elekid Egg voucher

2a. give me 1 good argument why you don't use the ingame Night/Day indicator, "your interpretation" is a lousy one and I don't count that
2b. Declaring what is Night and what not, depending on the pokemon, just makes things overcomplicated and more confusing, what argument do you have against that?

3. Murkrow is a night spawn only, without any further indicator
- as players usually check /list only once, they can't see that Murkrow spawns at night only and may start searching for it during the day
- I think it's better to give it a (Night) in front of its name rather than only being visible at nighttime on /list, unless you want to do both

if you think this^ is too much too ask, just say so and I won't bother you again

The voucher system will be re-assessed, this will take time but is on the list of things to do.

The Day/Night spawns are new and have not been decided on as yet. We are not set in our thoughts on how to use them fully and are taking all feedback on this issue into consideration.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
To note, just because suggestions haven't been given an official nod, or if it hasn't been implemented yet, doesn't mean they are being denied, or that they aren't in serious consideration—most newly suggested feedback and ideas tends to be discussed behind the scenes among the staff, actually.

Some changes may be simplistic and surefire enough in nature that they're at an immediately implementable state; for others, it may require more discussion (staff-inclusive ones as well), constituent feedback and analyzation of facts before it can be determined that it's in the best, overall interest to make the change. While we typically can't promise any immediate change resultant of feedback, we can promise that it'll give us a better idea on what changes are desired; that's often a consequential factor to making the changes.

Moreover, even if some changes are deemed to be reasonable implementable, it may not be the right time for them; some updates simply await the right time for them to be actualized. For example: suggestion #1 in your post is more likely to be implemented at a time whereby we want to re-evaluate the voucher system as a whole, which is a more full-scale change we intend to make in the future (rather than making minor, fragmentary changes to it meanwhile).

Rigaudon

Youngster
Right.

Made a small mistake on Route 13. I recommend you do not hunt there for the time being. (It's not terrible, but it's a bit harder than I had wanted. Try Route 12 for now unless you really want a ditto.)
Will fix and make adjustments later when I am certain of my estimates.

nemo55

I agree with The_Kram.

This is a game, not real life. Night spawn should be for the sole purpose of night spawn pokemon. Not the mornings and such. Creates such confusion and realistically what are the chances of people catching it in the short time span of the morning. Also implementing (Night) beside Murkrow is a good idea. :)

Tsubaru

feedback for my Diglett cave b3f hunt:

the surf spot is way to much overcrowed u should remove some encounters like quagsire/wooper (fishing and surfing) same for zubat/golbat,
I havent found one staryu or shellder yet, so that makes me beliveing they are both HR like eevee in the johto safari zone.

Same for Gligar and Onix, wiki says both are VR.... [both pkm are HR and i havent found 1 of them after 3 days =) ]
Onix can stay VR, gligar should be changed to HR

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Update: Day/night spawns have now been changed to 7pm to 7am to bring them more in line with the game's day/night cycle. Other pokemon in future may spawn at different times but for now we feel this is the best way to go.

The rate of Gloom appearing in routes 12, 13 and 14 has also increased- though the dusk stone rate from Gloom has been changed to match- this is just to make hunting less boring, not to increase the drops of dusk stones which are intended to be difficult for this precious item.

Any feedback as always welcome- here, ingame, on IRC or by PM. :)