Do you feel strongly about the spawn changes, and in which fashion?

• I am happy about the spawns' levels.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am happy about the rarity rates of the area(s)'s spawns.

• I am happy about the spawn selections that inhabit the area(s).

• I am unhappy about the spawns' levels.

• I am unhappy about the rarity rates of the area(s)'s spawns.

• I am unhappy about the spawn selections that inhabit the area(s).

• Total voters

Orean

Website
twitter.com
As of a few days ago, the spawn-reassessment project has gone underway, releasing a crop of spawn changes for live, public testing among the players. The spawn changes, discussed for several months behind the scenes, are gradually transitioning into the game, and we're on the final phase of our spawn-reassessment project: player-testing and player-participative feedback.

Current crop of testing areas:
•Route 5
•Route 6
•Vermilion City
•Route 9
•Route 10

More areas will be duly released for testing in later batches, but while a select amount of areas are being concentrated on for testing, it is also a politic time to concentrate on feedback for those areas as well. If there are any issues or discontentment with the spawns in the test areas, as they are now, now is the time to put your opinions on record; our trial spawns are not set in stone, and now that they're released to players—a much bigger pool of participants to test and evaluate our spawns—we expect more feedback.

If there is anything you would like to see changed with the trial-run test areas, please let us know—beyond simply responding to the poll as well, if you would really like some changes to be made. The statistical feedback on the poll will tell us a rough consensus on how you feel about the current test areas, but verbal feedback is what's going to give us articulate direction on what to improve—we are looking for the following paramaters of feedback:

Points of Feedback:
Levels: Are the level selections reasonable? Are they high enough for you to prolifically train on to reasonable ramp up your Pokemon's levels for the next gym in a reasonable amount of time? Are they too high for your Pokemon's levels to transition through when training—too over-leveled/potent that your Pokemon does not survive on them for very long?
Rarities: Is something too abundant or rare to encounter? Would it help if some Pokemon are more abundant or rare, and how?
Spawn selections: Are the Pokemon well-placed? Were there any spawn additions/removals that were not helpful or logical?

Feel free to provide additional comments beyond these factors as well.

Players are the backbone for the testing and feedback phase of this project, thus we appreciate those who took the time to test and raise up constructive, well-defined feedback!

Note: The new block of test areas is planned to be released at Wednesday, 11:00 UTC time. After this time, any changes made to the previous batch(es) of areas will be considered permanent, after last-minute touches are made based on feedback raised up before then—now is the time to raise up feedback if there are any dissatisfactions with the current spawns!

rouz!!

it takes days to find a pikachu in viridian forest
its like pikachu is HR ..
pls make a note of it...

Merse

Youngster
I think it's good that you can't get Pikachu early on. I don't like Ash wannabes. Plus it teaches yu that this is an MMO and you won't get in 5 minutes what you want.

DomT.

Youngster
I would like to see Scyther and Pikachu rate go down,since alot of newbies had stated that they want these pokes,their rate should be reduced

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Scyther is not currently spawning in Viridian Forest.

Also rouz have you been hunting pikachu in the last few days, since this update went live? Feedback on roughly how long it takes for players to find rare pokemon is certainly one thing we really want to hear back.

pieoffury

UW01 said:
I would like to see Scyther and Pikachu rate go down,since alot of newbies had stated that they want these pokes,their rate should be reduced
Just because new players want them doesn't mean they should be done. If I wanted 100m instantly, would I get it without working for it? The point here is, they have to work for what they want. Don't expect things to be handed to you in a silver platter.

RayneTheShadowLord

I'd deffinataly suggest making pikachu easier to catch in viridian forest took me four days of playing 3-8 hours straight in that forest for my pikachu. also the scyther spawn hasn't even shown up for me yet kinda bumming me out I'd make the rares easier to find but not horribly easier considering they are supposed to be rare. also I'd make scyther harder to find than pikachu just because everyone seems to want him and I feel finding a ninja scyther would be harder to find than a pikachu in the wild :)

ps. caterpie and weedle show up way to much in the viridian forest I'd highly suggest fleshing out with more pokemon in there up metapod and kakuna encounter rates at the least it'll help newbies level for the gym fight faster. just a suggestion :) other than that I am happy with your guys's work and I want to say thank you for creating such a feat I'm sure it's been no walk in the park.

Tsubaru

i think pikachus is to easy to catch, I found 2 pikas ins less than an hour, i also think butterfree is to "common"
I found more butterfree´s than kakuna/metapod and i belive it is better for newbies if they can face kakuna/metapod because they are easier to battle (+ nice exp)

ps: sry for my english iam french and we did not learn english at school

Tha-Kram

I just made 3 new accounts, all with a different starter
let's see how hard it will be to train in the Forest...

Orean

Website
twitter.com
I've noticed that Pikachu is among the more pronounced suggestions in the context of rarity rates (reducing it, thereof); I'm curious to ask if there is any reason why Pikachu is a popularly huntable Pokemon in Viridian Forest in particular. Is it considered a valuable and resourceful Pokemon to acquire and carry in the earlier areas? Would it be less helpful, and/or more ill-placed, if it was catchable at an easier rate in another area (later-area testing to go underway with due course as well, of course)?

Also, I'd like to thank everyone once again for taking the time to test, and provide well-detailed feedback—all of which is taken into account—on the area; whether one went out of their way to test the earlier areas, or if you're just incidentally progressing through those areas (namely on newer accounts).

To note, as we release new crops of areas successively, the poll will be reset to collect new votes for newer areas (we'll be recollective of polling results for previous crops of areas, mind you)—for anyone voting, for future reference, I would advise only voting in accordance to the most-recent batch of areas that was released.

pieoffury

RayneTheShadowLord said:
I'd deffinataly suggest making pikachu easier to catch in viridian forest took me four days of playing 3-8 hours straight in that forest for my pikachu. also the scyther spawn hasn't even shown up for me yet kinda bumming me out I'd make the rares easier to find but not horribly easier considering they are supposed to be rare. also I'd make scyther harder to find than pikachu just because everyone seems to want him and I feel finding a ninja scyther would be harder to find than a pikachu in the wild :).

Scyther cannot be found in viridian forest. It was taken out months ago

Tsubaru

maybe u should remove pikachu from the viridian forest and add another HR pokemon. I would prefer a bug type pkm and i would love to see a wurmple there but i think spinarak or ledyba would be great too.

Pikachu should be placed in power plant as a vr pkm

Merse

Youngster
Pikachu is desired for two main reasons.
First, because it is simply the most popular Pokemon, thanks to the anime. Basically everyone who watched it, wants a Pikachu and beat the world with it. Especially if you're a newcomer to Pokemon gaming. It is also a common mistake that it would be particularly strong, seeing Ash & Pikachu scoring several unlikely victory against opponents like Onix, Dragonite, etc.
Second, because it is an electric type and it is well-known that it's useful against water types. Even though it's useless against rock and ground types.
It is not so well known that grass types are good in the first three gyms. The player has two choices: A grass type which is super useful, but hard to get and you don't even like it that much so you won't train it long. Or a Pikachu which is useful only against Misty but it's cute, highly desired and thought to be one of the strongest Pokemons in the game. Of course they will want Pikachu.

The solution could be to remove Pika or make it hyper rare, and introduce a well-sought Grass type, which you would train on later. I know it is controversial, but it could be Bulbasaur, Chicorita, Treecko, Tropius or Lotad.

Tha-Kram

I think you missed the point that they removed all Gen II pokes from the forest, so that leaves only Bulbasaur as possible outcome
grass types are common in the Clearing area, that's the whole reason that quest is designed
getting a grass type isn't the problem

if you show someone a piece of cake, the person would like to have a bite
if people see pikachu is in the forest, they would like to have it
then they find out that very rare is indeed very rare and hard to find

I found my chansey, so I'm ready to use my new accounts to train and beat the 1st gym
and maybe do some hunting as well, to look more closely to the rarities

DomT.

Youngster
I had think about it alot and finally came on a Decision that Pikachu rarity should be set to Rare for few Time,as Merse stated that Pikachu is the most popular Pokemon in anime and each and every Newbie likes to get that Pokemon,I know that it depends on luck but still sometimes some newbie found Pikachu in 5-10mins and some took5-10 hours or sometimes it took more than 2-3 days to catch for newbie and even sometimes the game crashed or RollBack happened,Even Pikachu helps to defeat Misty easily,as all of u know 70% or higher newbie takes Charmander as their starter,which faint very quickly,just wanna say that make his rarity between Rare and VR if its possible

Tha-Kram

how did you manage to find trainers that weaken their pokemon?
the wildlife is almost two times stronger than their pokemon
that doesn't make sense to me

and then there is this:
Weedle's levels increased to make up for lost exp from Beedrill encounters
that doesn't help either
since poisoning slows you down too much people try to avoid battles with Weedles, therefore this will not make up for lost exp
especially when you make them stronger, if you are able to 1hit KO them the problem is gone
but since this update is about beginners I think you only made it worse by "upgrading" Weedle
_______

this is my experience after 1 hour testing with dummy 1, the bulbasaur trainer

EDIT:
about that flying pokemon in the forest, pidgey doesn't have the level for a flying move yet
so it won't hurt grass/fighting pokemon like you said earlier

EDIT2:
Suggestion - Bug Catcher Sammy has a Spinarak and a Metapod, I think it would be nicer to give it 2 Gen I or 2 Gen II pokes
preferably replacing Metapod with Ledyba, as a reference to the old map ;)

dummy1

pokemon: Bulbasaur
playing time: 1 hour 30 minutes
level: 15 (13)

encounters:
15 Caterpie
15 Weedle
2 Metapod
4 Kakuna
1 Butterfree

got the badge on this account, I'll move on the the next one
the level between brackets was the level when I challenged the gym
no other pokemon caught or used in battle

Tha-Kram

There is this bug where a wild pokemon doesn't know the move of its current level, only moves from earlier levels
I just caught a Tangela of lvl 8, but since that is the same level Absorb is learned, it doesn't know that move
Editing on the playerdex is too expensive, and training a grass type to lvl 19 for its next grass move will be really hard with low lvl bug/poison pokemon