Do you feel strongly about the spawn changes, and in which fashion?

• I am happy about the spawns' levels.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am happy about the rarity rates of the area(s)'s spawns.

• I am happy about the spawn selections that inhabit the area(s).

• I am unhappy about the spawns' levels.

• I am unhappy about the rarity rates of the area(s)'s spawns.

• I am unhappy about the spawn selections that inhabit the area(s).

• Total voters

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Testing spawns on my super secret account:

TIme: 1 hour 30 mins
Pokemon: Wartortle (16), Pidgey Señor Pidge (9), Weedle (8)
Spawns: Outside of Viridian Forest - 2 pidgeys.
Progress: 1 badge!

Inside Viridian Forest:

weedle 15
caterpie 23
kakuna 6
metapod 1

Notes:
By the time pokemon start to level upto and above level 7 or 8 the levelling slows noticably on the spawns unless finding Metapods or Kakunas or getting access to the Clearing - however 2 Metas/Kakuns is about enough to level a Pidgey from level 9 to 10.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
To post a heads-up: I would like to remind testers that the new crop of areas will be released at 11:00 PM on Wednesday, UTC time. After this time, the current block of areas will be considered fully transitioned into this game, thus the then-state of the spawns/levels will be considered permanent as we shift focus to the next blocks in the line of succession.

All feedback/suggested changes will still be taken into account; changes may not be applied immediately, but we're still fielding feedback by then. I just want to stress that the window is closing for any changes to be made to the area, thus now is the time, if you haven't already, to make suggestions for the current block, if there are any dissatisfactions with its current state!

dummy2

Pokemon: Charmeleon (17) - Butterfree (13) - Psyduck (12-14) - Tangela lvl (9) - Pikachu (4)
Playing Time: 4:00 hours (3:20 Forest, 0:40 Clearing)

Viridian Forest
Caterpie 100
Weedle 57
Metapod 6
Kakuna 31
Butterfree 1
Pidgey
Pikachu 1

A bit more weedles:

Caterpie 63
Weedle 17

encounters untill pikachu:

the Weedle ratio was adjusted several times, so those statistics don't represent the current values anymore

Viridian Forest Clearing
Bellsprout: 16
Nidoran/Oddish: 15 - messed this up
Psyduck: 2
Tangela: 1

_____
sometimes you forget to write down an encounter, these numbers are only an INDICATION of what I found
the Weedle ratio looks better now, Tangela has been edited to avoid that bug and Kakuna/Metapod ratio has ben adjusted
it starts to look good now :))

dummy3

Pokemon: Squirtle (13-14) - Butterfree (10)
playing time: 1 hour 45 minutes

Caterpie: 46
Weedle: 18
Kakuna: 10
Metapod: 2
Butterfree: 1
Pidgey: 1

Tha-Kram

where are the lvl 4 caterpies?
it's getting a little monotonous if they are all the same level

in other news:
I checked the Clearing on my main account for a while, and noticed that I found a lot of Psyducks
usually 1 per 5 minutes, but there was a period where I found 1 per minute, and even 2 in a row
the rarity looks very much like the old school Metapod ratio in V Forest

EDITX:
are there supposed to be lvl 25 Poliwhirls in the water of route 22?

Rigaudon

Youngster
the Weedle ratio looks better now, Tangela has been edited to avoid that bug and Kakuna/Metapod ratio has ben adjusted
it starts to look good now.

Excellent. Thank you for searching for Pikachu also. Your numbers are starting to match what we were hoping for on our personal tests.

are there supposed to be lvl 25 Poliwhirls in the water of route 22?

Yes. Its fishing requirement is 15. Is it too easy for players to see one early?

Psyduck is (finally) showing up as wanted. Your numbers are actually fairly lucky, though. Psyduck is taking 10-20mins for many people, a number I am comfortable with. I do not want people to spend 30 minutes to get into the Clearing, only to spend 30 more minutes hunting for something that won't be too useful next gym.

EDIT:
As Creobis has said, my priority will shift from this block to the next one by tomorrow. For those of you who have suggestions for Route 1 - Pewter City, speak now or hold your peace. (I see a lot of 1s in the poll, but since I have no feedback that goes with them I can do nothing about it.)

Tha-Kram

1. I didn't really search for Pikachu, I was hunting down Butterfree for the Clearing and happened to run into one

*2. pokemon with lvl 25-26 in the same area where pokemon are level 3 doesn't really fit I think, especially as an uncommon
lvl 26 may even be the highest wild level in Kanto, before the 16 badge areas

3. I hunted Psyduck on a bike, so my encounter rate was a bit faster ;)

good luck with the next block, sadly I won't be around to test it out
I'll do a quick run when I get back, hopefully I can join the testing for block 3

thanks for all the updating!

lol, I just encountered a Clefairy in Mt Moon
I'll catch it before you remove it!

Rigaudon

Youngster
Block 2 is now open for testing.
The following areas have been changed:
•Route 3
•All of Mt. Moon (1f, b1f, b2f)
•Route 4
•Cerulean City
•Route 24
•Route 25
----NOT Splitting River Reserve. Splitting River Reserve will be changed during Block 6.

I'd like to know how the new spawns, levels, and rarity rates are for challenging the Cerulean City Gym. (Includes fishing.)

Arnie

i had a small reservation for the surf spawns in route 22. shouldnt there be something else there to accompany psyduck? other than that the other spawns were reasonable and within what was appropriate

Rigaudon

Youngster
i had a small reservation for the surf spawns in route 22. shouldnt there be something else there to accompany psyduck? other than that the other spawns were reasonable and within what was appropriate
That was a mistake involving Poliwhirl. Will fix it soon.

are there 2 routes 25?
Fixed.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Part Two of the new Kanto spawns are now live as noted above. Please use this topic for general feedback. Any and all feedback is welcome, use this as a general guideline for what we are looking for:

3) PLAYER TESTING. Staff will make the new/adjusted spawns live. This is where you come in. We are looking for feedback on the following:
-Spawn levels: How long did it take you to train, especially between gyms? Was this a reasonable amount of time?
-Spawn rates: Was something too abundant or too hard to find?
-Spawn Species: Were the Pokemon helpful where they were placed? Are they placed in too many/too few different areas? Could they be better used elsewhere?
*We encourage discussing the spawn changes with others.
*Feel free to make a new account (or more) for testing purposes as long as you follow the game rules.

If you already started testing when the first lot of new spawns came out up to Pewter City it's now time to move on with your new test account. If not, feel free to start a new account and work your way up to Route 3 and beyond- all feedback will be welcome but we will be focussing on the maps beyond Pewter City this time.

And don't forget the SpawnTest channel ingame, just type /cgjoin SpawnTest to enter and talk share your progress with other players.

That's enough from me. Enjoy. :)

ImmaPotato

HitmonFonty said:
Part Two of the new Kanto spawns are now live as noted above. Please use this topic for general feedback. Any and all feedback is welcome, use this as a general guideline for what we are looking for:

3) PLAYER TESTING. Staff will make the new/adjusted spawns live. This is where you come in. We are looking for feedback on the following:
-Spawn levels: How long did it take you to train, especially between gyms? Was this a reasonable amount of time?
-Spawn rates: Was something too abundant or too hard to find?
-Spawn Species: Were the Pokemon helpful where they were placed? Are they placed in too many/too few different areas? Could they be better used elsewhere?
*We encourage discussing the spawn changes with others.
*Feel free to make a new account (or more) for testing purposes as long as you follow the game rules.

If you already started testing when the first lot of new spawns came out up to Pewter City it's now time to move on with your new test account. If not, feel free to start a new account and work your way up to Route 3 and beyond- all feedback will be welcome but we will be focussing on the maps beyond Pewter City this time.

And don't forget the SpawnTest channel ingame, just type /cgjoin SpawnTest to enter and talk share your progress with other players.

That's enough from me. Enjoy. :)

looks like i'm finally moving on with my noob account xD

BusterBlazeFox

Website
www.youtube.com
I tested spawns on Route 3 For 30 minutes, and this is what I got:

Jigglypuff - 1
Nidoran F - 0
Nidoran M - 3
Mankey - 9
Ekans - 16
Spearow - 20

Caught that Jigglypuff, I assume it's the route's rarity... But... Dat HR Nidoran Female? Lol. I didn't see a single one! Although I only saw three males, so they must be rares.
Spearows are kind of a pain. My Butterfree, Oddish and Mankey go down to them pretty quickly.

As far a levelling goes, I'd say it works quite well. Even with the above-mentioned Spearow trouble, I was able to grind out maybe five to seven levels from that half hour.

I'll test Mt. Moon next when I have the time! By the way, I started a brand new account (BusterTheFox) using Charmander. Beat Brock on my first try using Oddish, Butterfree and Mankey mainly. I assume I'll be power levelling Oddish in Mt. Moon, too.

I know it's too late for this, but I like the new spawns for the old areas, too. It's a bit bittersweet to see Johto Pokemon go, but it technically makes sense. Makes me feel special to have Johto Pokemon from before the change. X3

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Great feedback thanks Buster. You'll find as you go along the nido's aren't necessarily going to be found at the same rates just because they're nido's, you seem to be the first one to have noticed this. :)

Hopefully removing Johto commons will make starting in Johto a lot more interesting, before there wasn't much new in Johto from kanto as a starting point at least.

1rkhachatryan

Hi guys, I just wanted to suggest something for route 22. I know you guys said that testing is closed, however there are some issues with that route.

I've noticed that you only really run into Rattata and Spearow there. At least that's what I'm finding in the 30 or so minutes I've been here. Usually I wouldn't have a problem with this however the Spearow are all at level 3 and the Rattata are at level 4 which seem to me to be a bit on the low side. Wouldn't it be better to make them level 4-5? I say this because training with a level 3 pokemon is very tedious.

Also what are the rarity levels for Mankey and the two Nidoran's?? I'm guessing the Nidoran's are pretty rare but I always thought Mankey was easier to catch.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I just spent some time in route 22 again and found 3 mankeys in 30 or 40 minutes. This is about what we were aiming for, say 10 to 15 minutes or so to find one at the longest. Unfortunately bad luck can still extend that and there's not much we can do about that. But if more players report 30 minutes for just 1 mankey we could reassess it.

The nidorans are meant to be a bit harder again so no shock there. I did find one after about 10 or 15 minutes but again that's just the luck of the draw, you'll have better luck in Viridian Forest Clearing.

Most encounters were rattata and spearow, and it isn't meant to be a great leveling spot. We have to take into account that new players with just their starter could wander in there, same as route 2. A player coming into route 32 looking for a mankey could easily just have their starter and nothing else, that would mean a lot of going back and forth to heal before catching a mankey if the spawns were higher levels.

The real leveling will begin when you get to Viridian Forest and later on to Viridian Forest Clearing.

Tha-Kram

@hitmon
1. did you test it on a bike, because you get a higher encounter rate per minute if you do
2. did you run or battle the pokemon?

10-15 minutes running from pokemon could be equal to 20-30 minutes battling, depending on your battling skills

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Tha_Kram said:
@hitmon
1. did you test it on a bike, because you get a higher encounter rate per minute if you do
2. did you run or battle the pokemon?

10-15 minutes running from pokemon could be equal to 20-30 minutes battling, depending on your battling skills

No bikes, no running. Leveling up low level pokemon with healing etc. I was certainly not in hunting mode, I'll save that for later maps where it's really needed. :) Have you done any testing in route 22 yourself?