Do you feel strongly about the spawn changes, and in which fashion?

• I am happy about the spawns' levels.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am happy about the rarity rates of the area(s)'s spawns.

• I am happy about the spawn selections that inhabit the area(s).

• I am unhappy about the spawns' levels.

• I am unhappy about the rarity rates of the area(s)'s spawns.

• I am unhappy about the spawn selections that inhabit the area(s).

• Total voters

anir

well, here my feedback.

Safari Zonz 3
Total trips: 16
Time: 4H

Pokemon:
Nidoran F: 44 ===== 11.5%
Nidoran M: 39 ===== 10.2%
Doduo: 39 ===== 10.2%
Dodrio: 19 ===== 5.0%
Nidorino: 25 ===== 6.5%
Nidorina: 29 ===== 7.6%
Abra: 14 ===== 3.6%
Rhyhorn: 1 ===== 0.2%
Exeggcute: 1 ===== 0.2%
Scyther: 1 ===== 0.2
Tauros: 0 ===== 0%
Snorlax: 0 ===== 0%

__________________ Total: 380

i had another 2h data but lost it by accident ...on that trip i found 3rhyhorn, 1exegcute, 1schyther.

Rigaudon

Youngster
Thank you all for your tests.

I do, however, have a question for the Marill-hunters out there: How how many Marills do you find per Trip, and which Zone are you hunting in? Do you believe finding Marills is too easy, too hard, or just right?

Julia

Marill seems a bit too hard. On occasion I would find two per trip, but on average it's zero to 1. Yesterday there was one Marill during two trips to Zone 1, and another during 3-4 trips to Zone 4.
However, there are a lot more Poliwhirls in Zone 4 than in 1. :D

Tha-Kram

maybe ther are meant to be HR/VR
usually you find 2-3 VRs per trip, and only 1 HR in like 10 trips
finding about one every trip sounds too easy to me

one more question for the staff:
why did you add Marill in the Kanto Safari when you are removing the Gen II pokemon from the other maps?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Tha_Kram said:
maybe ther are meant to be HR/VR
usually you find 2-3 VRs per trip, and only 1 HR in like 10 trips
finding about one every trip sounds too easy to me

one more question for the staff:
why did you add Marill in the Kanto Safari when you are removing the Gen II pokemon from the other maps?

While we are aiming to return most pokemon to their native habitat and region, reserves can have the odd wild card seeing as they are artificially created and maintained for specific pokemon. Consistency is important but there is no need to be totally locked into an idea for the sake of it. Nothing is randomly chosen, all spawns are part of and fit into the entire project.

Tha-Kram

18 Glooms in 50 minutes
testbuddy found 17 in 45

so about 2,7 minutes for a Gloom to show up, in the evening BEFORE 0:00 Poketime

OneMillionRattatas

Tha-Kram said:
18 Glooms in 50 minutes
testbuddy found 17 in 45

so about 2,7 minutes for a Gloom to show up, in the evening BEFORE 0:00 Poketime

I am the 'testbuddy' and just spent half an hour hunting from 4:50am to 6:10am PokeTime with no gloom encounters. So safe to assume it's still broken after midnight.

Rigaudon

Youngster
I'll look into this when I have access to a PC. (Should be a few days.)

Pretentious

Does staff have any ideas for the "new" rarity terms? If so, do they plan on revealing them to the public? Transparency is the best option ;)

I'm just wondering because 13 Unknowns per map is an eye sore. :/

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
No final decision has been made regarding rarity names as yet, so there is nothing to reveal. We plan to make the spawn rates visible again sometime after at least half the spawn changes have been made, at this stage the majority of the game is still set at old rates and wouldn't make any sense to change.

Regarding the night spawns in Route 12 we found the issue and they should be working fine again now from 7pm to 7am. If there are any further issues please let us know.

Sekizou

I am of the Brazilian gaming community , and we have some doubts about the new system.
Eu sou da comunidade brasileira do jogo, e nós estamos com algumas dúvidas sobre o novo sistema.

1.There is a fixed amount of Pokemons with high rarity that will be born?
1.Existe uma quantidade fixa de Pokemons com raridade elevada que irão nascer?

For example a Pikachu in Viridian Forest. The respawn it is 5-15 hours. If I capture one, and there are multiple spawn in that area , I can find another soon after. However, if there is one spawn, the next Pikachu that will appear will be at least 5 hours.
Como exemplo um pikachu em Viridian Forest. O respawn dele é de 5-15 horas. Se capturo um, e houver mais de um spawn naquela área, posso encontrar outro logo em seguida. Porém, se houver apenas um spawn, o próximo pikachu que irá aparecer será em no mínimo 5 horas.

Then , how it goes ? The number of spawns will be fixed by area ? This spawns time will be assigned the area or the player ?
We wanted to understand more about that part.

Então, como vai ser? O número de spawns será fixo por área? Esse tempo de spawns sera atribuido a área ou ao jogador?
Queríamos entender melhor sobre essa parte.

2. The shinys appearance was also changed with this new system spawns ? Or the odds remain the same ?
O aparecimento de shinys também foi alterado com esse novo sistema de spawns? Ou as chances continuam as mesmas?

The Shinys enter the spawns system, or continue to have a fee / opportunity / chance of appearance ? That is to say, it appears as respawns or I can find a shiny after another depending on my luck ?
Os Shinys entrarão no sistema de spawns, ou continuarão a ter uma taxa/possibilidade/chance de aparecimento? Isso quer dizer, eles aparecerão como respawns ou poderei encontrar um shiny após o outro dependendo de minha sorte?

------------------

For now is that we want a better explanation of how this system will work , if possible with examples, as I mentioned above. We appreciate the attention.
Por enquanto é isso, queremos uma explicação melhor de como funcionará esse sistema, se possivel com exemplos, como citei acima. Agradecemos a atenção.

Rigaudon

Youngster
I am of the Brazilian gaming community , and we have some doubts about the new system.
Thank you for contacting us directly. :) I am happy to answer any of your questions. There's a quick answer at the bottom for those of you who do not want to read a lot of text.

1.There is a fixed amount of Pokemons with high rarity that will be born?
It appears that many other people think this, but it is not correct. It is complicated to explain, but I will try to make it simple.

Spawns are not "limited" to time; there is not only one created every 5 or so hours. Instead, the system is built off of a simulation. We created a formula that looks for the average time it takes to find a Pokemon if many people look for it. That time range for the rarities is the amount of time that the average person out of several hundred million simulated people will probably need to fight that Pokemon. The tiers tell you that we picked an hour within that range for the Pokemon to probably appear to you. :)

As an example, let us pretend that we set Pikachu to 7 hours. (Please note that is not the actual hour we picked for Pikachu, this is just for an explanation.)

In the simulation, a few million people might find Pikachu in 10 minutes. Another few million might see a Pikachu in an hour. Several million more see it after 3 hours of hunting. 700 million find pikachu in 6-8 hours. Another few million need 9 hours, a couple million need 11 hours. Maybe one person spends 30 hours and never finds one because he is really unlucky. :(

You noticed that most of the people only needed 6-8 hours to see Pikachu, but luck also plays a big factor. It also didn't matter that many of them were looking for Pikachu at the same time.

There is nothing that makes it easier or harder to encounter a rare Pokemon. You can find as many rares in an area as fast as your luck will allow you. You can find a Tier 5 Pokemon in 10 minutes and have somebody near you find another one soon after if you two are lucky! :)
If you are unlucky like me, it might take longer than expected too.

2. The shinys appearance was also changed with this new system spawns ? Or the odds remain the same ?
The odds are exactly as they have always been advertised. We have kept the odds true to 1/8192 (nonmembers) and 1/2048 (members).

The Shinys enter the spawns system, or continue to have a fee / opportunity / chance of appearance ? That is to say, it appears as respawns or I can find a shiny after another depending on my luck ?
It all depends on your luck. We just make some Pokemon harder or easier by changing a few numbers. But your luck can always overcome the system.

You should also know that the number of Pokemon on a map does not make things harder to find.

We changed the spawn system because the old one was was inconsistent, too vague, inaccurate and some of the Pokemon were causing problems because of where they were placed. For example, there was no reason to visit the old Kanto Safari because Splitting River Reserve had easy, free scythers. Cerulean Cave had easy, free Rhyhorns and HR Chanseys. We had to redo a lot of things to make the Kanto Safari worth paying to enter, and that meant changing a lot of other places. We realized the entire design philosophy behind almost the entirety was either flawed/causing problems or was not up to our standards, so we decided to redo everything.

tl;dr:
The actual mathematical/mechanical changes behind the system will not affect players very much. What does affect you is how we use the system, such as when we remove/relocate Pokemon or make a choice to increase or decrease their rarity. We are trying to make healthy spawn choices so that every area has a purpose. We also want to keep Hoenn/Sevii special and have the rest of the game spawns be in a healthy place for Hoenn/Sevii's release.

The system mostly benefits staff when they design spawns. We have a lot more accurate control over spawns and a better design philosophy when it comes to deciding where to put them and why. The changes were large in the back end, but all it did was make the system reliable enough to manipulate with accuracy. In the past, the actual rarities were mostly inaccurate guesses because the math behind the system was terrible.

Sekizou

Thank you for your attention and for the answers , everything will be passed on to friends who were with doubts. Rigaudon
Obrigado pela atenção e pelas respostas, tudo será repassado para os amigos que estavam com duvidas.