Do you feel strongly about the spawn changes, and in which fashion?

• I am happy about the spawns' levels.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am happy about the rarity rates of the area(s)'s spawns.

• I am happy about the spawn selections that inhabit the area(s).

• I am unhappy about the spawns' levels.

• I am unhappy about the rarity rates of the area(s)'s spawns.

• I am unhappy about the spawn selections that inhabit the area(s).

• Total voters

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Thanks for the feedback about route 6, it is totally messed up as you say. It's got the old spawns and the new for some reason so it needs fixing asap.

The Rep for Brock was for some reason set at 2 before, I believe this was the cause of many players getting stuck waiting 24 hours- rushing through and facing him before they were really ready. It is set up so that if you defeat all the Viridian Forest NPCs plus the Pewter City gym trainer you have enough Rep, but if you lose I think 2 VF matches or the gym trainer you won't be able to battle Brock. This isn't the end of the story though as there are still 3 NPCs on route 22, and if all that fails there is still the Viridian Forest Clearing quest. Also, hopefully the glitch that caused his charmander to faint is well and truly gone. Man, that would have been annoying.

We are endeavouring to keep as many good hunting areas as possible with this update. However hunting isn't the only way to acquire pokemon, it wasn't in the handhelds and it isn't intended to be here either. One of the main goals of this project has always been to remove pokemon from habitats they don't belong in. Being a hunter myself I notice every pokemon that has been removed and ones we plan to. The fossils, snorlax, scyther and pinsir from Viridian Forest. There simply aren't enough pokemon to fit in every map in the game and still have other ways to obtain pokemon that are more appropriate elsewhere. We do recognise however that hunting is important to many players and will definitely be making the very most of what we can use for new hunting opportunities we haven't had before.

Tha-Kram

fossils and snorlax I understand, those used to be quest pokemon
Scyther and Pinsir are relocated, I get that part too
same reason Cubone got removed from those areas, those would fit better in a cave

then you say that there aren't enough pokemon to fit on every map, but if there is room for Electabuzz there is room for Elekid
Electabuzz is a fully evolved pokemon compared to those GEN I pokemon out there, and skipping Elekid because he comes from an egg just doesn't seem right

Rigaudon

Youngster
It's got the old spawns and the new for some reason so it needs fixing asap.
Oops. Fixed.

For Elekid:
Pro:
•Elekid, as a voucher prize, is given a boost in value to both those who want "baby" pokemon/collectors, and those who want an interesting battle Pokemon.
Con:
•Arguable lore impact - Evos available before babies, but that was done in handhelds also for the same reason. (Give breeding system a value to collectors.)

Feel free to disagree.

Tha-Kram

Con:
- you force players to buy the evolution item, making players overpay if they just want Elekid
- removing HR from the game and change it into a quest item

your pro can indeed outweigh the wild HR to quest argument
but there is still the argument of forcing people to buy more than they want
the least thing you could do is making a solo Elekid egg available for less vouchers

your Con isn't really a problem, it's just misplaced at route 10 among all those 1st evo pokemon
lvl 20 max I think, where Electabuzz should evolve at 30
up the levels in the Power plant and put it there, would fit there nicely

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I'm really thinking habitat and lore more than anything else here, having baby pokemon just roaming around in exposed areas with fully grown monsters doesn't make a lot of sense to me. But the collector issue is a valid one and 7 vouchers is a ton.

How would you feel if the 7 voucher evo item/pokemon combination stayed but a cheaper option to just get elekid on its own was added?

Tha-Kram

that's what I meant, keep the egg + electirizer and add a new option with a solo Elekid egg

nemo55

I hate to be the Negative Nancy here, but someone has to. I know this is a HUGE patch coming up, patch 4, but I feel it is taking too long, the project is already forgettable and boring. Get to it and finish the project, not drag it out and start doing other things that I imagine consume enough time...

For example making quests...

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=33837

I simply suggest, finish one thing in a timely fashion before moving on to the next.

Hurry up..

Thanks.

Rigaudon

Youngster
Everything on my end regarding Block 4 is complete. Currently waiting on:
•Getting a new PC (old one died, replacement is shipping in)
•Game Update (Block 4 will come out anyway if this cannot be happen by the end of next week and IF the replacement PC works fine.)
•Staff being available when I am (Block 4 will require a server restart depending if Bullet 2 happens or not.)

Scripting and Spawn Project do not interfere with each other. Scripting is just slow for me due to rank-based limitations. :) I do recognize that this is going slower than any of us had hoped, however.

Tha-Kram

I noticed it was taking longer than "a few days" you stated earlier ;)
but I'm still stand by for the next update, if you add the solo elekid egg as a voucher prize
(unless you decide to not remove it of course)

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Tha_Kram said:
I noticed it taking longer than "a few days" you stated earlier
but I'm still stand by for the next update, if you add the solo elekid egg as a voucher prize
(unless you decide to not remove it of course)

I'm afraid to report that we do not have any definite release date on this map at this time. As Rigaudon stated, he is awaiting a replacement PC before he is able to release it himself; plus, we are awaiting other staff members who are involuntarily on break now (Bluerise - he has limited serviceability to his internet as we speak), before we can finalize Block 4, among other associated changes, to a releasable state.

We'll post a more defined timetable on it as we have this situated. :)

Rigaudon

Youngster
Please post here for feedback- I will not be available ingame consistently tomorrow.

Edited for typos.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
As promised, the long awaited Block 4 of the Kanto re-spawn project is now live. Maps are:

Rock Tunnel 1F
Rock Tunnel B1F
Sandshrew Cavern
Power Plant
Pokemon Tower 2F to 7F
Route 8
Route 7
Celadon City
Route 12
Route 13
Route 14
Route 15

As noted on Bluerise change log, gloom and murkrow both drop dusk stones where they appear on these routes, though murkrow will only show itself at night. Don't expect it to be easy!

Also of note is a new fisherman in Fuchsia City. If you have a chat with him you might find he has some good things to say.

With the new drop system in place it has been decided to not repopulate all the drops now- they will be re-added as we progress through the spawn project. Refer to the list on Bluerise' change log for which drops are working.

I have nothing else to reveal, the rest is for you to find. :) Due to the size of this release safari zone will be released in the next block, hopefully there will be a much shorter wait time for that.

Rigaudon

Youngster
nemo55 said:
My question is, do night spawns exist?

Yes. Or at least they should.
If they don't we have a problem so please tell us.
I think Route 13 is having Murkrow issues for reasons I do not know. Let us know if you can still encounter it during the day.

nemo55

Rigaudon said:
nemo55 said:
My question is, do night spawns exist?

Yes. Or at least they should.
If they don't we have a problem so please tell us.
I think Route 13 is having Murkrow issues for reasons I do not know. Let us know if you can still encounter it during the day.

Will do. I just patrolled through Lavender Radio Tower. I like the fact Gastlys are common, also like the Cubone addition...Now I'm inclined to visit the tower. :3

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I'm hunting at the route 13 for some hours and what can say is:

Spawns most common: Oddish, Venonat and Pidgey. I've found tons of them.

Intermediary spawn: Pidgeotto. I've found 4 or 5 of it in an hour. Not sure.

Hardest spawn: Gloom and Murkrow. They showed up to me to each 45 min / 1 hour or so.

I think rarities are fine, especially for Gloom and Murkrow, once they drop dusk stone. One thing I would like to suggest is change night/day only spawns. I was told day-only spawn is from 05:00 to 17:00 and night-only spawn is from 17:00 to 05:00. And well, 17:00 hours is day yet. I think they should be like:

Day-only spawn: From 06:00 to 19:00
Night-only spawn: From 19:00 to 06:00

P.S: If Gloom is an only-day spawn we're having troubles then. It's night now and I found one few minutes ago.
aOslty1.png

Edit: Discussing in game and reviewing Rig's changelog I've noticed murkrow's encounter rate is affected by day/night; not a day-only spawn.

Tha-Kram

isn't it supposed to be from 6 to 6?
idk the poketime schedule, since it didn't have any use before

btw, looking back at the spawn overview thread, Rigid says this about Gloom:
Gloom affected by day/night
that doesn't mean that is is UC during the night, like it clearly states with Murkrow ;)

Tendou

So far I did like the current spawns, I need check fishing more and i already saw a reasonable way to make Gloom difficult to be found due its drop. Many people will flame at first contact but they will get to be used in the end.

There is 1 thing people will never be familiarized with during these remakes - The Rarities. I would suggest to rename the rarities back untill someone update it properly cause new players woud get a bit confused about their advance for Routes like these that aims new players. Routes/caves after 4th-5th gym badge would be reasonable to stay unknown or to do not even show its content.

Also Misdreavus needs to be catchable at Pokemon Tower 7F, currently no new players can be able to obtain such pokemon cause it is only located at MT. Silver. We don't delay that much for a pokemon like that.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I see your point with rarity names. However we are now only waiting on the correct system to be known, and as we are working with a new system of rarities now we need time to get it right before releasing it. And putting the old one back in at this point would defeat at least part of the point of removing it in the first place, which was to allow players to forget it. Just hold on a bit longer. :)

Gloom should be more common during the nighttime on routes 12 and 13, any feedback confirming or denying this is working is of course most welcome. (To note, since we've already mentioned this ingame- route 14 should be the best place to hunt gloom during the day, since its rate doesn't change night or day and is higher than the previous two day rates.)

Nighttime/daytime split is 5am to 5pm PokeTime. Any feedback on this is welcome. Someone already suggested to make the daytime longer than the night, another to make it 6pm to 6am, but reasons for these adjustments would be more useful than just the numbers. :)

Since I only hinted at the new quest before, so that players had a chance to find it naturally while exploring the new block I will now make it more clear. TM Scald quest is now available, just talk to Fisherman Dory in Fuchsia City to get started. Again, if you have any issues with the quest please provide feedback and screenshots where possible.

Vulpix and Growlithe rates in routes 7 and 8 have been updated since the block was released. If there are any issues or feedback on them we'd love to hear them.

Cubone's rate was also adjusted today.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
My feedback so far on my Player Kanto SpawnTest account, GaretJax: I hunted many hours for dusk stone, found two glooms which didn't drop one. I finally found a murkrow, sat there deciding whether to catch or go for the dusk stone. I decided the dusk stone due to the fact that murkrow can chew through a lot of pokeballs and I don't have that many. So I got a dusk stone, yay! I have also found two ditto on route 14 while hunting there during the day.

I had saved up 35k up until I got to Celadon City. I did the Escape Rope quest and bought a moon stone for my nidoking. Nothing else bought, not even pokeballs since Pewter City. (I'm now down to about 21 I think.) I spent 25k on TMs and evolution stones (water stone for poliwrath and thunderstone for pika), so left Celadon with just over 10k. After going down to Fuchsia and beating the gym there, training a second poli for the new quest and hunting for the dusk stone, I have nearly 50k saved up again for the surfboard. So money seems to be improving a lot with the higher level spawns as well as we hoped and expected.

My levels are now between 35 and 45- highest being Raichu which always thrives on the fish and bird trainers leading up to Fuchsia City. I will still have to train more before I'll feel comfortable tackling Saffron gym but don't see any issues with having my team ready in good time. I have Poliwrath lvl 33 (the quest poli had better IVs than the one I'd caught earlier), onix lvl 37 (caught in rock tunnel), charizard lvl 39, crobat lvl 36, nidoking lvl 36, golduck lvl 30 and of course Raichu lvl 45. So 7 pokes easily trained up to good levels at this point.