ThuGie's Dev Log

Merse

Youngster
Well it crashed only at 14:30 GMT today, so it's definitely an improvement :)

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
I wasnt home at that time.
So waiting to see if the person who restarted it has any info about it.
But im currently a bit sick so going to bed for a bit until i stop getting the feeling i need to trow up.. and the damn headache/dizzyness gets less.

Edit:
Feeling loads better :).
Also fixed a small problem everything should be faster now.

Friko

Thugie, change the increase and decrease of stats in-battle, with moves like calm mind and whatnot.

Currently they go up by increments of 10, which isn't correct, and as such, these moves are completely un-useable
for instance, a move like agility (+2 speed) raises the stat by 20 points, which makes it un-useable.

In reality (poke games), every +1 is equal to an increase of 50% of the pokemons stat.
for instance, alakazam with 100 sp.attk uses calm mind (+1 sp.attk/sp.def), its sp.attk is now 150, or if +2 (nasty plot) would have raised it by 100%, and so on.
This only applies to increases and can happen a maximum of 6 times. The written stat is what is used in this multiplier, so an alakazam with 100 (written) sp.attk, maxes at 400 (unwritten) sp.attk.
In other words: W= written stat, X= increase, Y=Final X can equal (.5 (or +1)), (1 (or +2)),( 1.5 (or +3)),( 2(or +4)),(2.5 (or +5)),(3 (or +6))
The equation= WX + X = Y

Decreases in Stats require a little more math, as the interval in which the Percentage decreases is divided by 2 the second time and then applied, then rounded.
The initial decrease is 33.3%, so, from 100% (or the written number), the stat now goes down to 66.7% of its original (-1), then if this were to happen again, the decrease is halved (33.3/2)=16.65, 16.7 (rounded) is then taken from the 66.7, leaving 50% (-2), then the number does not split again, subtracting 16.7% once again from the now 50% of the written stat, we now have 33.3% of the written (-3), If decreased again we subtract halve of the last interval (16.7/2)=8.35, so 8.3% is subtracted from 33.3%, making the new unwritten 25% of the written stat (-4), this occurs again with a decrease of 8.3 again if lowered again, making the unwritten 16.7% of the written(-5), and finally, the last decrease is a decrease halve of the prior decrease (8.3/2)= 4.15, as such 4.2% is subtracted from 16.7%, making the unwritten stat of the formerly opposing pokemon, only 12.6% of its written stat.

for instance: Dugtrio used growl (2 times) on Dragonite (base 134 so ill use 134 attk), 134 x .333 (or 33.3% of 134) = 44.62 (45 (whole number)), so 134-45
the dragonite now has 89 attk this is (-1), which is unwritten of course, then a decrease again, relating to 16.7% of written, therefore the decrease of dragonites strength is decreased by (134x.167), or 22.378, or 22, so 22 points are deducted from the 89 unwritten, making the new unwritten attack 67, or 50% of the written, 134/2= 67. This can continue on a total of 6 times or -6, with dragonite finishing with a minimum of 16.884, (or 17 unwritten attack power)
in other words: W= Written N= last used interval (initially 0) D= % interval X= unwritten Y= Final

Brain too fried to come up with equation, just.....try it.

Naero

g122 said:
Thugie, change the increase and decrease of stats in-battle, with moves like calm mind and whatnot.

Currently they go up by increments of 10, which isn't correct, and as such, these moves are completely un-useable
for instance, a move like agility (+2 speed) raises the stat by 20 points, which makes it un-useable.

In reality (poke games), every +1 is equal to an increase of 50% of the pokemons stat.
for instance, alakazam with 100 sp.attk uses calm mind (+1 sp.attk/sp.def), its sp.attk is now 150, or if +2 (nasty plot) would have raised it by 100%, and so on.
This only applies to increases and can happen a maximum of 6 times. The written stat is what is used in this multiplier, so an alakazam with 100 (written) sp.attk, maxes at 400 (unwritten) sp.attk.
In other words: W= written stat, X= increase, Y=Final X can equal (.5 (or +1)), (1 (or +2)),( 1.5 (or +3)),( 2(or +4)),(2.5 (or +5)),(3 (or +6))
The equation= WX + X = Y

Decreases in Stats require a little more math, as the interval in which the Percentage decreases is divided by 2 the second time and then applied, then rounded.
The initial decrease is 33.3%, so, from 100% (or the written number), the stat now goes down to 66.7% of its original (-1), then if this were to happen again, the decrease is halved (33.3/2)=16.65, 16.7 (rounded) is then taken from the 66.7, leaving 50% (-2), then the number does not split again, subtracting 16.7% once again from the now 50% of the written stat, we now have 33.3% of the written (-3), If decreased again we subtract halve of the last interval (16.7/2)=8.35, so 8.3% is subtracted from 33.3%, making the new unwritten 25% of the written stat (-4), this occurs again with a decrease of 8.3 again if lowered again, making the unwritten 16.7% of the written(-5), and finally, the last decrease is a decrease halve of the prior decrease (8.3/2)= 4.15, as such 4.2% is subtracted from 16.7%, making the unwritten stat of the formerly opposing pokemon, only 12.6% of its written stat.

for instance: Dugtrio used growl (2 times) on Dragonite (base 134 so ill use 134 attk), 134 x .333 (or 33.3% of 134) = 44.62 (45 (whole number)), so 134-45
the dragonite now has 89 attk this is (-1), which is unwritten of course, then a decrease again, relating to 16.7% of written, therefore the decrease of dragonites strength is decreased by (134x.167), or 22.378, or 22, so 22 points are deducted from the 89 unwritten, making the new unwritten attack 67, or 50% of the written, 134/2= 67. This can continue on a total of 6 times or -6, with dragonite finishing with a minimum of 16.884, (or 17 unwritten attack power)
in other words: W= Written N= last used interval (initially 0) D= % interval X= unwritten Y= Final

Brain too fried to come up with equation, just.....try it.

There is a thread here where one can file suggestions for fixing broken moves, using the suggestion template given. Tecknician will look into fixing moves, based on the suggestion submissions made there.

Tecknician

To note: before confusion starts, I won't be able to fix everything with the moves as a) I am not a server dev, b) something aren't possible at the moment c) out of my control.

I am simply going to fix what I can. So don't think I'm the battle system dev or anything.

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
So i put something in my changelog.. yeah.
Just to note i do more then just what i write in the changelog just most stuff you guys wont even notice :p, so i dont write it.

So there are some changes to server and some to playerdex.
Enjoy

The-Predator

Youngster
thx for the updates :) is really nice to see the staff working for us to enjoy :D thx again!!

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
After for a long time not posting any change logs, while i do work!
I will post one that i am about to apply!

*Changed map storage in the server memory, to remove max map size, and decrease ram usage massively, might gain performance boost as well.
*Rewrote the item usage code, so staff can add new items more easily in future.
*Applied fixes to the server's socket system. The server should no longer act full when it isn't; and there are now limits to the amount of connections allowed per IP.

yuudev

Woaaa Thanks ThuGiieee..

Thanks for all your hard work for us

by the way..how many connection limit per ip,,because what if there's brother and sister who both play this game in same time?

just wanna know..lol

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
We have taken that in consideration while applying the limit, so there should be no problem.

Edit:
Changes have been applied and are live!

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
Fixed glitch that caused item to disappear, when pressing no when evolving pokemon using item.

Now when you click a evolution item, but decide not to evolve the pokemon, the item will no longer be removed!

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Will that work for TMs as well? So that TMs won't disappear when you click it on a pokemon that can't learn it.

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
Hey,

If its currently removing it then no,
Nobody has made me aware of this problem so.. might talk to teck about this.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
The TMs are no longer being used up if used on the wrong pokemon. No idea who deserves the credit for this but nice work whoever it was. :)

Orean

Website
twitter.com
HitmonFonty said:
The TMs are no longer being used up if used on the wrong pokemon. No idea who deserves the credit for this but nice work whoever it was. :)

However, if the TM is selected with a compatible Pokemon in the first slot of your party, it will still deplete the TM—even if you decline replacing the Pokemon's move. Using it on a first-slot Pokemon that it's incompatible with wouldn't trigger up the prompt, thus the server wouldn't scan through the delete-item line as it wouldn't consider the item used to begin with.