The Money

daniel0629

Youngster
Merse said:
A new thought: Money hackers at the moment only make the game better, assuming of course that they are eventually caught and banned.
Just think about it! We have too many good Pokemon, and not enough money. They buy awesome Pokes with their hacked money, they got banned so the Pokes are gone which increases the price of the rest, plus they pump some much needed money into the game.

hackers can change ip and create a new account like eat candys i dont know exactly what you mean with its betther for caught them, anyways if they brought the best pokes the game will be bored lol

Gage

Well maybe if a Mac Address ban was implemented, The Ip Ban problem would be solved.
Also, maybe if you offered a reward for finding the hack, and turning it over, they would be legit and do that?

Merse

Youngster
daniel0629 said:
hackers can change ip and create a new account like eat candys i dont know exactly what you mean with its betther for caught them, anyways if they brought the best pokes the game will be bored lol

My premise is that the hacker will be banned eventually, taking those Pokes he bought with him. In my opinion, to fix the economy we would need more money in the system (money level dropped drastically as several veterans with much money on their account left or got banned), and less good Pokemon on the market. This would increase the price of the best Pokemon, because there would be less of them and there would be more money distributed among the players to be spent on them. That would make certain Pokemon unavailable for a significant part of players, because they would be too expensive. This would force them to spend their money on Pokes which they can afford, so they would consider to buy HRs and S Commons again, even if they don't have epic stats.
All in all, this would boost the market traffic among more valuable Pokemon (as those who have them can sell them and with the gained money they can buy more Pokemon), as well as in the less valuable segment, because only those Pokes are available for certain players.

P.s.: We have a disagreement with Saric about my theory, but that's fine.

OGPokemaster

Merse said:
daniel0629 said:

My premise is that the hacker will be banned eventually, taking those Pokes he bought with him. In my opinion, to fix the economy we would need more money in the system (money level dropped drastically as several veterans with much money on their account left or got banned), and less good Pokemon on the market. This would increase the price of the best Pokemon, because there would be less of them and there would be more money distributed among the players to be spent on them. That would make certain Pokemon unavailable for a significant part of players, because they would be too expensive. This would force them to spend their money on Pokes which they can afford, so they would consider to buy HRs and S Commons again, even if they don't have epic stats.
All in all, this would boost the market traffic among more valuable Pokemon (as those who have them can sell them and with the gained money they can buy more Pokemon), as well as in the less valuable segment, because only those Pokes are available for certain players.

Its not just Saric, i disagree as well, more money is not the solution. its the cause of the problem in the first place more money available to players means that the price for good pokemon will increase. yea if that happens then people who dont have enough money will have to buy bad pokemon, because where will all the money added go, to people that owe those ubers and S HR and what not. the fix to the problem is not simply to add more money in game, the only people that would really benefit from money being added is people with good pokemon already. in the end we would end up right back where we are.

when the u.s economy crashed what happened? Obama gave failing businesses more money to get them out, how did that turn out? with the money in the pockets of the CEOs and other high ranking people in said businesses, something similar would happen in pwo. so again i say more money is not the way to go

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
OGPokemaster said:
Merse said:
daniel0629 said:

Its not just Saric, i disagree as well, more money is not the solution. its the cause of the problem in the first place more money available to players means that the price for good pokemon will increase. yea if that happens then people who dont have enough money will have to buy bad pokemon, because where will all the money added go, to people that owe those ubers and S HR and what not. the fix to the problem is not simply to add more money in game, the only people that would really benefit from money being added is people with good pokemon already. in the end we would end up right back where we are.

when the u.s economy crashed what happened? Obama gave failing businesses more money to get them out, how did that turn out? with the money in the pockets of the CEOs and other high ranking people in said businesses, something similar would happen in pwo. so again i say more money is not the way to go

OG is right... This happened some years ago, the economy crashed because of this (players obtaining money ilegally). This is why you are wrong (merse/saric):

- Hacker Y offers 30m for S Ninetales (price check on S Ninetales= 15m/17m max)
- Player A accept the offer
Result: 15 extra millons in game, and ''1'' S rare deleted, so we are getting 2x1, not a big deal.

Another example with another Shiny:

- XFantasiniaX offers 110m for S weezing (Oh yeah, S weezing is Hr, but you forgot that it used to be ''rare'', its ugly and useless so, no one wants it really... price check on S weezing= 30/40m)
- Player B accept the offer
Result: around 60 extra millons in game and ''1'' S ''Hr'' or rare deleted.

Inflation, here we go.

GawertyXL

I dont know if this is logical (seems so too me) why not just stop trades completely, Make them not happen, we do this and no scams can happen until 1 or 2 things happen, New playerdex or New Client.

OGPokemaster

Gawerty said:
I dont know if this is logical (seems so too me) why not just stop trades completely, Make them not happen, we do this and no scams can happen until 1 or 2 things happen, New playerdex or New Client.

again this is not the solution trading is the main reason for interaction between players, sure we pvp but maybe only 10% (just a random number dont know if its right) of players do pvp while 90% if not 100 do trading. its not only a way we gain new pokemon but its a way to meet new people and make new friends and connections, how many people do u think u've met from trading and the like. removing trading altogether is a bad idea that may kill pwo. one the the reasons i made the topic about remving money trades for pokemon (that most people hated) was for this very reason, its not as drastic as removing trading altogther but its enough to solve the problem with the economy

Merse

Youngster
OGPokemaster said:

That's a totally bad example. In the US tehre were people who used the money a way different than it was supposed to be used (namely: paying CEOs). But how do you use pokemoney in PWO differently?! It ha only one purpose: To build Pokemon (don't tell me items, I spend about 0,001% of my money on items).
No matter what solution you choose, the rich always becoem richer, the poor become poorer in comparison, because the rich have the capital to adjust to the situation. If it benefits to sell valuable Pokes, they have plenty to sell. If it's more beneficiary to buy valuable Pokes, they have plenty of money to buy them. I think you get the point.
There are 2 reasons why my method should work:
1) There is a hard limit for max Pokemoney: You can't have more than 999 million. If you reach it, you MUST buy Pokes first, and only then can you sell your own. That means that there is a limit how rich the rich may become. and they can't surpass it. In the end, they will have almost everything they want and they will step out of the market (they won't trade) for a while, so both their money and their Pokemon will be temporary pulled out from the system, boosting the market even more.
2) You gain money from everything. NPCs, MOBs, Pokemon sales. You gradually become richer with either the cash you have with you or in Pokemon you bought with the cash. Because of there is a hard limit, you'll gradually close the gap between you and the richest players, and as they can't be any richer at one point, sooner or later (most likely later, that's true) you will catch up with them.

I don't say that money hackers should be tolerated. They spread and they spawn money on an alarming rate, and with them, economy could go out of control in a few weeks. But at the moment I still think the market would benefit from them. Inflation is good, because it forces players to buy and sell not only the best Pokemon of the bests, but weaker ones, which increases the market fluctuation plus it gives more chance to newer or less lucky players to sell their Pokes.

EDIT: And removing trade completely is a bad idea indeed :)

OGPokemaster

I wasnt comparing the U.s to pwo but i was comparing the situations. if u look at Pwo as a business, and players as the various rankings in a business, ie: noobs are ground floor workers, players that have played for a longer time as middle management and Vets and very old players as higher ranking workers (like CEOs and what not). Now imagine by some miracle Blue decides to add 20m or wat ever to every players account, or heightens the amount of money gained by wild battles and npc battles, this is compared to how the prez bailed out those businesses, the new and middle player that have gotta more money will immediately start buying good pokemon, which group of people have the majority of those good and uber pokemon? the older players that already have 300m+ on there MAIN accounts, and u can believe that most have a second account with money as well, so if ur following my scenario so far the new and mid players are trading all the money they just got to all the older players with good pokemon, who will just end up buying the pokemon back when the prices for them fall again. yes the limit on the amount of money u can have in ONE account is 999m but like i said whos to say they wont create another account and put the excess money in it. and as for ur believe that inflation in good, im 100% disagreeing with u, inflation decreases the value of money which is why u need more money to buy something.

All in all again i say the soultion to the money problems is not to add more money to the game, and its not to remove trading completely, both those things have the potential to make the current situation even more dire, the only to solutions are ones that have been stated in this very topic
1. reset all the money in the game to zero and start fresh
or
2. reset money in game to zero and remove money trading altogether

Boora

Youngster
OGPokemaster said:
I wasnt comparing the U.s to pwo but i was comparing the situations. if u look at Pwo as a business, and players as the various rankings in a business, ie: noobs are ground floor workers, players that have played for a longer time as middle management and Vets and very old players as higher ranking workers (like CEOs and what not). Now imagine by some miracle Blue decides to add 20m or wat ever to every players account, or heightens the amount of money gained by wild battles and npc battles, this is compared to how the prez bailed out those businesses, the new and middle player that have gotta more money will immediately start buying good pokemon, which group of people have the majority of those good and uber pokemon? the older players that already have 300m+ on there MAIN accounts, and u can believe that most have a second account with money as well, so if ur following my scenario so far the new and mid players are trading all the money they just got to all the older players with good pokemon, who will just end up buying the pokemon back when the prices for them fall again. yes the limit on the amount of money u can have in ONE account is 999m but like i said whos to say they wont create another account and put the excess money in it. and as for ur believe that inflation in good, im 100% disagreeing with u, inflation decreases the value of money which is why u need more money to buy something.

All in all again i say the soultion to the money problems is not to add more money to the game, and its not to remove trading completely, both those things have the potential to make the current situation even more dire, the only to solutions are ones that have been stated in this very topic
or

these solutions are really bad imo, if you go with the first one , ok good no one has money, but wait the hack is still active, so whats to stop hackers from spreading money all over, yeah, our staff is awesome, but they cant monitor 24/7,

for the second one, removing money trades permanently its just not an option, people need to have something to buy and sell stuff with, i mean (S)commons are useless already, most of them, if you disable money trades, no one wil want to trade for them or to accept them and that's just one example

my solution is the same one i stated before, but no one seems to listen,
disable money trades above 1m(for newbies/just so people wont be stuck) for a fixed amount of time, and in that time trying to some how block the hack that generates the money,
if its not possible, limit crash trades to hours played, for example, 10 hours 100k, 100hours 10m, 300hours 500m, (just examples its for the staff to actually make that decision) this way the hackers wont bother to play that much just to money hack, and if they do it'll be rare and they'll get caught on the spot.
yes, new players will be kind of upset that they cant trade large amounts, but hell, it beats someone clicking on a button and generating max money.
and incase you worried about people using alot of trades as in (1m>1m>1m etc) limit it to 10 trades per 12 or 24hours.
this method will prolly be the best one until the staff can come out with a method to block the hack completely.

OGPokemaster

Boora said:
these solutions are really bad imo, if you go with the first one , ok good no one has money, but wait the hack is still active, so whats to stop hackers from spreading money all over, yeah, our staff is awesome, but they cant monitor 24/7,

for the second one, removing money trades permanently its just not an option, people need to have something to buy and sell stuff with, i mean (S)commons are useless already, most of them, if you disable money trades, no one wil want to trade for them or to accept them and that's just one example

disable money trades above 1m(for newbies/just so people wont be stuck) for a fixed amount of time, and in that time trying to some how block the hack that generates the money,
if its not possible, limit crash trades to hours played, for example, 10 hours 100k, 100hours 10m, 300hours 500m, (just examples its for the staff to actually make that decision) this way the hackers wont bother to play that much just to money hack, and if they do it'll be rare and they'll get caught on the spot.
yes, new players will be kind of upset that they cant trade large amounts, but hell, it beats someone clicking on a button and generating max money.
and incase you worried about people using alot of trades as in (1m>1m>1m etc) limit it to 10 trades per 12 or 24hours.
this method will prolly be the best one until the staff can come out with a method to block the hack completely.

lol i dont think u understand wat i meant by stopping money trades. why should people use a hack when it doesn't benefit them? sure yea maybe some noob hacker uses the money hack, if he cant trade the money away he get caught right off the bat, even if the Gms take 1 week to see he hacked, there wont be anything to spend the money one, sure he can try to buy as many items as he/she can but 999 cap on all items he wont be spending more then 10m on all those items

as for the 2nd yea some S common are useless and maybe most people wont want to trade for them but i can almost 100% guarantee tht S commons will still be traded for other S commons. as apposed to a S rat going for 50k, u can trade a S rat for a S bat or wat ever

as for ur idea.....i actually like it, its simple yet elegant, sry i didnt see it b4. but anyways it will take a lot of work to get it implemented maybe more then a Dev will want to spend on it.

Boora

Youngster
OGPokemaster said:
Boora said:

lol i dont think u understand wat i meant by stopping money trades. why should people use a hack when it doesn't benefit them? sure yea maybe some noob hacker uses the money hack, if he cant trade the money away he get caught right off the bat, even if the Gms take 1 week to see he hacked, there wont be anything to spend the money one, sure he can try to buy as many items as he/she can but 999 cap on all items he wont be spending more then 10m on all those items

as for the 2nd yea some S common are useless and maybe most people wont want to trade for them but i can almost 100% guarantee tht S commons will still be traded for other S commons. as apposed to a S rat going for 50k, u can trade a S rat for a S bat or wat ever

as for ur idea.....i actually like it, its simple yet elegant, sry i didnt see it b4. but anyways it will take a lot of work to get it implemented maybe more then a Dev will want to spend on it.
Actually apart from the anti cheat and finding out how the hack works, the rest is easy for the devs,
and about your money idea, i can see the appeal, but its just wont happend money is too big of a part in this game, there's no way money trades will get disabled, especially with the auction house coming soon, and one thing, you're forgeting hackers can Duplicate pokemons too, so take away the money, they'll just obtaine one (S)rare and trade it for others over and over.... again gm's will catch up, but it'll be too late,
so i'l say this, your idea is nice, personally i doubt it'll happend, but if it will, good for them, but me being realistic, i'l suggest again find the leak and fix it instead of filling up buckets of water. aka "black list" "no money trades" etc, all nice ideas, but they dont go into fixing the problem, just temp solutions

Merse

Youngster
OGPokemaster said:

or

First, as I already said, no matter what solution you choose, always the rich players will be the ones who benefit from it. If you make money trading disabled, all what left is Pokemon trading. Now as yourself, who have good enough Pokes to get a S VR with them? The rich players. And there would be no way of slowly progressing. Currently you can sell those S commons you found and collect money slowly, so eventually you would have the moeny to buy a S VR/HR. But if money trade is disabled, your only chance to get a S VR/HR is to catch one by yourself and then trade it to another one. Because nobody would be stupid and trade his S HR for two hundred S Common....

So you think inflation is bad? You want Pokemon to be even cheaper? You want to get a S Rare for 10k Pokedollars or what? That would make that Pokemon have absolutely no value whatsoever, and it would be pointless to keep the market open, because nobody would sell anything. There would be no point.
And it would destroy the reputation of certain Pokes completely. Currently a S Cloyster is a very cool thing. Why? It isn't stronger than an epic Lapras, but it is expensive like hell and not everybody can afford to have it. Now imagine if it would cost only a few hundred k. Every newbie could buy a S Cloy after 2 weeks.

Your presumption is faulty another way as well: Nobody sits on his money, everybody is looking for Pokemon to buy. If a rich player buys a Poke, that means that he gives money away. And if he sells one, he gives away the Poke which can be trade away once again. ANY solution which helps to boost the market flow eventually helps the whole economy!
You're also presuming that only the rich players use their brain and that poor players would sell their Pokemon with loss. You also forget that what nominally seems a loss may be a gain in market value. For example I buy a S Arca which worth 2 S Nidos. Then the prices drop, but S Nido loses more of its price than my S Arca, so even if I sell my S Arca with a nominal lost, I'll buy 3 S Nidos, and when the market prices go higher again, those 3 S Nidos may worth more than the value I originally paid for S Arca.

Colemillionaire15

Gawerty said:

This is actually a fantastic idea, but then there wouldn't be trading again until April. I mean June. Woops, November. Definitely November. Ehhh, maybe next February.

Merse

Youngster
Yeah... the new Playerdex was supposed to be released in December... Devs definitely don't have time to deal with everything.

Tecknician

Merse said:
Yeah... the new Playerdex was supposed to be released in December... Devs definitely don't have time to deal with everything.
Indeed, the new playerdex should just be cancled. Problem solved. (To note, this isn't a snappy reply to you Merse, just to everyone who's impatient for the new playerdex WHILE not understanding that things happens and sometimes things just simply get delayed)

People get mad when release dates and information isn't released, and also mad when delays that are very probable happen.

Tecknician

Back on topic, even if with a new client, unless we know exactly how this exploit happens, there is still a chance it could still occur.

Finding out how it happens is much more important than banning players committing it because as long as it remains possible it will keep happening so no progress is made.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
The new playerdex will be released anyway, with a delay or not, will be here soon or late. I am not trying to be racist with what i'll say but... most of the suspected players are from brasil (seeing their names).

king1234

Youngster
I agree with technician, lets do some detective work and find how are those guys making alot of money. Instead of accusing people who have alot of money, go make friends with them , and find out how they get so much. ;)