The Money

Merse

Youngster
Well, I don't want to pint fingers, but there are surprisingly many Brazilian player among money hackers (Or at least I only met them), so if anyone speaks Portuguese could start off with better chances I think. I don't say that every Brazilian is a cheater, but it seems that some Brazilian share the secret of this hack among each other so it would be a great idea to try and infiltrate their ranks.

And Tecknician please don't even talk about shutting down the new Playerdex, even as a joke. I saw and heard too many awesome thing about it not to see it in action eventually ;D

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
I tried lurking Brasil channel but I never saw anything being mentioned about it. Something makes me believe that word about this hack/exploit/w.e is being spreaded through fb or skype, maybe through both.

Nikola

Youngster
-They wouldn't speak about that in public. They are using exploit to gain real life profit from a corrupted and naive PWO users. Non patched bug goes in their favor. This is going to happen everyday until problem is really fixed. By only using magic of a google you can see what really is online moneymaking. More money goes into cheats then it goes into donations I'd say. Assuming that they are using either proxy or a dynamic IP it makes things more easy for them. They really don't care so much if they are going to be banned since they can reset their router and get fresh IP. If anyone appeals that would a be person who bought pokemoney for real money from them and they will answer in most cases that they were given that money for free. Those are script kiddies but situation is very extreme and treat it as such. While some of us strongly condemn this whole situation others can't wait to finally sell their stuffs even for a illegal obtained money. That is where problem begins, that money is going to circulate and that is a dead end. I do agree that something must be done because every minute is precious but panic isn't going to help anyone. Everyone leaves traces so do they. You might start with a person who bought the money. Maybe you got lucky and that someone gives you information about real culprit.

OGPokemaster

Merse said:
First, as I already said, no matter what solution you choose, always the rich players will be the ones who benefit from it. If you make money trading disabled, all what left is Pokemon trading. Now as yourself, who have good enough Pokes to get a S VR with them? The rich players. And there would be no way of slowly progressing. Currently you can sell those S commons you found and collect money slowly, so eventually you would have the moeny to buy a S VR/HR. But if money trade is disabled, your only chance to get a S VR/HR is to catch one by yourself and then trade it to another one. Because nobody would be stupid and trade his S HR for two hundred S Common....

Your presumption is faulty another way as well: Nobody sits on his money, everybody is looking for Pokemon to buy. If a rich player buys a Poke, that means that he gives money away. And if he sells one, he gives away the Poke which can be trade away once again. ANY solution which helps to boost the market flow eventually helps the whole economy!
You're also presuming that only the rich players use their brain and that poor players would sell their Pokemon with loss. You also forget that what nominally seems a loss may be a gain in market value. For example I buy a S Arca which worth 2 S Nidos. Then the prices drop, but S Nido loses more of its price than my S Arca, so even if I sell my S Arca with a nominal lost, I'll buy 3 S Nidos, and when the market prices go higher again, those 3 S Nidos may worth more than the value I originally paid for S Arca.

Ok but the fact you seem to be missing some thing in the very question u asked
Now as yourself, who have good enough Pokes to get a S VR with them? The rich players.
ur asking a redundant question, the people who can trade a S VR are in fact the people who have S VRs to trade. yes its true that noobs will only be able to get a S VR if they have one them selves, but the solution for this is simple, dont make every shiny have 28+ivs, make the ivs for a shiny random just like it is in the hand held games, this will make Shinys that have good and bad stats, so that having a shiny Very rare with bad stats only better then its nonshiny counter part with bad stats, meaning a person with say a nonshiny [insert random pokemon desired] that has uber or epic ivs is better then a shiny one with crappy good ivs, now honestly would u rather have a good nonshiny battling pokemon or a bad shiny one? yea a new player would have to work his butt off or be really lucky to get a good iv pokemon to trade but isnt that the point? to challenge players and create something they want to come back to? im not arguing that the the rich will only get richer,as you stated in every solution its likely to happen its something completely unfair but totally unavoidable but we need to try as best we can to stop it and close the gap

So you think inflation is bad? You want Pokemon to be even cheaper? You want to get a S Rare for 10k Pokedollars or what? That would make that Pokemon have absolutely no value whatsoever, and it would be pointless to keep the market open, because nobody would sell anything. There would be no point.
And it would destroy the reputation of certain Pokes completely. Currently a S Cloyster is a very cool thing. Why? It isn't stronger than an epic Lapras, but it is expensive like hell and not everybody can afford to have it. Now imagine if it would cost only a few hundred k. Every newbie could buy a S Cloy after 2 weeks.

ok maybe i should have been a little more clear, too much inflation is bad, just like too much deflation, the key to a healthy economy is stability and that wont come from putting millions of more dollars in the pockets of players. but want i want to make clear is that what makes a S Cloy worth so much is that it is a S VR theres not many in game or they wouldn't be worth much ( you seem to be under the impression that there are 1000s of s cloys in game), and they'd be worth a lot no matter what the inflation is, if theres no inflation at all, meaning 0% inflation then that would mean that what pokemoney in pwo was is what it was originally worth (i wasnt here that long ago so im going to use a random amount) like say 10m originally = 100m now, so either way you would be making a good amount just depends on the amount if money in the game, as inflation rises the amount of money u have to spend to get a good pokemon rises, and the as a pokemon becomes abundant the less its worth, more meaning that what you could buy for 1m(now) could then cost you 10m or even 500k (accounting for the abundance of a pokemon) in the future, or in the case of a bad pokemon 200k now and maybe 500k or even 10k later, this is the fluctuation u where talking about isn't? giving people more money to spend on pokemon would create an even higher inflation leading to some thing that 1m now costing 10m in the future which starts the cycle all over with a whole new gen of noobs not being able to afford something thus ending in a person creating a topic saying "Prices are to high im new and i cant afford a good pokemons" so again i ask do you think giving people millions of more money and making the prices go up and down is a good thing? last i checked we wanted a stable market, or at least thats what i want.......
I don't say that money hackers should be tolerated. They spread and they spawn money on an alarming rate, and with them, economy could go out of control in a few weeks. But at the moment I still think the market would benefit from them. Inflation is good, because it forces players to buy and sell not only the best Pokemon of the bests, but weaker ones, which increases the market fluctuation plus it gives more chance to newer or less lucky players to sell their Pokes.

OGPokemaster

Merse said:
Your presumption is faulty another way as well: Nobody sits on his money, everybody is looking for Pokemon to buy. If a rich player buys a Poke, that means that he gives money away. And if he sells one, he gives away the Poke which can be trade away once again. ANY solution which helps to boost the market flow eventually helps the whole economy!
*You're also presuming that only the rich players use their brain and that poor players would sell their Pokemon with loss.* You also forget that what nominally seems a loss may be a gain in market value. For example I buy a S Arca which worth 2 S Nidos. Then the prices drop, but S Nido loses more of its price than my S Arca, so even if I sell my S Arca with a nominal lost, I'll buy 3 S Nidos, and when the market prices go higher again, those 3 S Nidos may worth more than the value I originally paid for S Arca.

sry for the double post just forgot to give my rebuttal this argument......

if u had 999m how would u spend all of tht money? theres only so many good pokemon u can buy and im sure ur selling all the other uber pokemon u have that arent as uber as others. ie: selling an all 28 ivs dragonite for say 50m+ and buying one with 28 ivs Hp,def,spdef and 31 ivs atk,spatk and spd for 60m+, thus maintaing a huge wealth of money, u dont have to "sit on ur money" to make sure u have a lot of it. and when he sells his all 28ivs drago who does it go to? someone who can afford to spend 50m+ on a pokemon. then here comes ur idea being implemented (example) every player gets 10m and the amount of money npcs and wild pokes give goes up, the guy with 999m tht bought a drago for 60m and sold another for 50m just got 10m, he ends with exaclly what he spent plus now Farming from Npcs and wild pokes just became more profit able, but wait he reached his limit :O, its okay ill just make another account and put all this extra money there till i need it(ofc this wont always happen but u get the gist)

*not sure where i presumed that*
any ways to the other thing i see the price of S arca going down, pretty sure no noob can afford one before or after the loss, and the price of S nido going down, a noob might be able to afford one nowadays, then i see u selling a s arca for a loss, again even at a low price im sure a noob cant afford one, and then i see u buying S nidos at a reduced cost, presumably from the noobs afore mentioned, then selling them again, probably back to those noobs because MOST people dont use S kings competitively, for an increased price from what u paid meaning u make a greater profit then those noobs did. well i guess the noobs did take a loss and the rich player using his brain, u just contradicted ur own argument

and i just want u to know im not attacking u personally, just ur argument :p

Merse

Youngster
kaiser6tn said:
I tried lurking Brasil channel but I never saw anything being mentioned about it. Something makes me believe that word about this hack/exploit/w.e is being spreaded through fb or skype, maybe through both.
There is a some chat where they usually communicate with each other. I doN't know here it is, but there were conversations about it on this forum already.

OGPokemaster said:
Ok but the fact you seem to be missing some thing in the very question u asked
Now as yourself, who have good enough Pokes to get a S VR with them? The rich players.
ur asking a redundant question, the people who can trade a S VR are in fact the people who have S VRs to trade. yes its true that noobs will only be able to get a S VR if they have one them selves, but the solution for this is simple, dont make every shiny have 28+ivs, make the ivs for a shiny random just like it is in the hand held games, this will make Shinys that have good and bad stats, so that having a shiny Very rare with bad stats only better then its nonshiny counter part with bad stats, meaning a person with say a nonshiny [insert random pokemon desired] that has uber or epic ivs is better then a shiny one with crappy good ivs, now honestly would u rather have a good nonshiny battling pokemon or a bad shiny one? yea a new player would have to work his butt off or be really lucky to get a good iv pokemon to trade but isnt that the point? to challenge players and create something they want to come back to? im not arguing that the the rich will only get richer,as you stated in every solution its likely to happen its something completely unfair but totally unavoidable but we need to try as best we can to stop it and close the gap
I was about to suggest something like that :) Severe the connection between shiny Pokemon and their IVs.

OGPokemaster said:
ok maybe i should have been a little more clear, too much inflation is bad, just like too much deflation, the key to a healthy economy is stability and that wont come from putting millions of more dollars in the pockets of players. but want i want to make clear is that what makes a S Cloy worth so much is that it is a S VR theres not many in game or they wouldn't be worth much ( you seem to be under the impression that there are 1000s of s cloys in game), and they'd be worth a lot no matter what the inflation is, if theres no inflation at all, meaning 0% inflation then that would mean that what pokemoney in pwo was is what it was originally worth (i wasnt here that long ago so im going to use a random amount) like say 10m originally = 100m now, so either way you would be making a good amount just depends on the amount if money in the game, as inflation rises the amount of money u have to spend to get a good pokemon rises, and the as a pokemon becomes abundant the less its worth, more meaning that what you could buy for 1m(now) could then cost you 10m or even 500k (accounting for the abundance of a pokemon) in the future, or in the case of a bad pokemon 200k now and maybe 500k or even 10k later, this is the fluctuation u where talking about isn't? giving people more money to spend on pokemon would create an even higher inflation leading to some thing that 1m now costing 10m in the future which starts the cycle all over with a whole new gen of noobs not being able to afford something thus ending in a person creating a topic saying "Prices are to high im new and i cant afford a good pokemons" so again i ask do you think giving people millions of more money and making the prices go up and down is a good thing? last i checked we wanted a stable market, or at least thats what i want.......
It seems I wasn't clear enough either. I don't think that giving let's say 500 million (or 300, 100, 40, 10, not important) to everyone is a good idea. I am also in favor of a vivid market, but currently this is not the case. You don't sell mediocre VRs, or HRs, because nobody buys them. Why? Because an epic HR, or a shiny common/rare is only a few weeks of grinding away for everyone. There are too many Pokemon on the market, compared to the amount of money in the game. This means the price of the Pokes will drop, which wouldn't be a bad thing in itself, but meanwhile the way of gaining money doesn't follows this trend. Ok, you sell your Pokes for less, but you get the same amount from MOBs and NPCs. The point is, even the best Pokemon (over S Rares are only S VRs and S HRs) are in an easily reachable distance for a total newbie in the game. Within 1 month he could buy his first S rare, and that's not good. The chance of finding an S rare is about 1/800.000, it shouldn't be acquirable after only one month of regular playing (so he doesn't find any S Rare or better which would make him instantly rich). That's why I think more inflation is necessary: So that players can't count on it that with a few days of hard work they can get it. That would make them more likely to buy other Pokemon, like S Commons and normal HRs.

OGPokemaster said:
if u had 999m how would u spend all of tht money? theres only so many good pokemon u can buy and im sure ur selling all the other uber pokemon u have that arent as uber as others. ie: selling an all 28 ivs dragonite for say 50m+ and buying one with 28 ivs Hp,def,spdef and 31 ivs atk,spatk and spd for 60m+, thus maintaing a huge wealth of money, u dont have to "sit on ur money" to make sure u have a lot of it. and when he sells his all 28ivs drago who does it go to? someone who can afford to spend 50m+ on a pokemon. then here comes ur idea being implemented (example) every player gets 10m and the amount of money npcs and wild pokes give goes up, the guy with 999m tht bought a drago for 60m and sold another for 50m just got 10m, he ends with exaclly what he spent plus now Farming from Npcs and wild pokes just became more profit able, but wait he reached his limit :O, its okay ill just make another account and put all this extra money there till i need it(ofc this wont always happen but u get the gist)
If I would have 999 million I'm sure I would find some good way to spend it :D Give me the money and I'll prove it to you ;D
To be honest I'm not following you here... If someone sells a good Pokemon on the top, it has a wawefront-effect on the whole market. Someone buys it, and he sells some of his Pokemon to compensate his expenses, someone else buys his Pokemon and sells another to compensate its price. And so on. And there will be cases when the guy on the top of the list with 999m will buy a Poke, so he will spend money too.

OGPokemaster said:
*not sure where i presumed that*
any ways to the other thing i see the price of S arca going down, pretty sure no noob can afford one before or after the loss, and the price of S nido going down, a noob might be able to afford one nowadays, then i see u selling a s arca for a loss, again even at a low price im sure a noob cant afford one, and then i see u buying S nidos at a reduced cost, presumably from the noobs afore mentioned, then selling them again, probably back to those noobs because MOST people dont use S kings competitively, for an increased price from what u paid meaning u make a greater profit then those noobs did. well i guess the noobs did take a loss and the rich player using his brain, u just contradicted ur own argument
Using the brain is a privilege given to everyone. Newbies can buy and sell Pokemon as well and they can make a fortune of that. There are many players who don't even bother hunting good Pokemon just sitting on the market every day and watch the prices and buy/sell accordingly. It's like working on the stock market...

[/quote]and i just want u to know im not attacking u personally, just ur argument :p[/quote]
No personal offense taken. I'm doing the same :)