New update shiny ivs 20+

Zywa-Torpeda

Teesel said:
On the one hand, this change may help saving game economy... However, you should inform players about the change at least two months before you implement that so that we can decide whether we want to spend money on membership. You have entered this change during active memberships accounts. I feel a bit scammed, because you entered changes without notice this... It's a little unfair. I was buying membership to the possibility of catching more shinies, because of they stats, but after that change I don't need new shiny pokemon. I do not think that this change itself aroused such controversy, but the way you have entered it leaves a lot to be desired.

Well said my friend, well said.

DeZoLa

Youngster
Zywa_Torpeda said:
Teesel said:
On the one hand, this change may help saving game economy... However, you should inform players about the change at least two months before you implement that so that we can decide whether we want to spend money on membership. You have entered this change during active memberships accounts. I feel a bit scammed, because you entered changes without notice this... It's a little unfair. I was buying membership to the possibility of catching more shinies, because of they stats, but after that change I don't need new shiny pokemon. I do not think that this change itself aroused such controversy, but the way you have entered it leaves a lot to be desired.

Well said my friend, well said.

I agree

BlueExorcist

Zywa_Torpeda said:
Teesel said:

i agree for that but i disagree for one think is not save game economy is save only the many old players many here (like me) if is have shinys rare,vr,hr in pc after months if sell for example s arcanine 28-31 iv's who is have more money the new players or the old players ? :-\

Mega.S

Teesel said:

I also agree with you

Mr.Black

Teesel said:

well you say Tess

Favorites

I'm STRONGLY agree with this update where shiny wild pokemons are 1/31 IV's.

I.Am

mixos123 said:
that is like more shinys from tokens store bad iv's shinys only picture and Glitter ,many new people here is not buy MS again the non shinys is more better iv's :(
this is my opinion!!

Edit : I understand we should not hunt shiny pokes for stats but its sad to use shiny pokes as trophy instead of battler. Time to save up my old relics.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
Zywa_Torpeda said:
As i said before kaiser, i'd like to things stay as they were. Where shiny pokemon, especially those rare, mean something, be something more than just cute toy for show.

No, they shouldn't because that's what they are, a lot of players made the mistake of thinking shinies were something more than that, hence all the whining seen here. Now my mention of 32 ivs is because of their uniqueness (note that some of them have 32 ivs on stats they don't make use of), making them a collector's item inside a collector's item. And it's not like getting a shiny with 28+ ivs all across became impossible after this tweaking so there's no reason to change older shinies

Gol.D.Roger.

For me this is a positive change looking at economy of the game, in order to make game more better, its a positive step to reduce ivs to 20 or even lower for shinies just like they are in handhelds....i welcome this update...in order to have more value to shinies in game this update is necessary and in fact i feel 1/3072 to member should be made is 1/4102 or something, that is exact or around half of shiny encounter rate for non membership users, that will increase shiny pokemon value...when survey was conducted for the same, i have appreciated both of these changes in future game updates......

MantileStyle

Teesel said:

i think the as you I WAS SCAMMED FOR PWO, now i dont buy membership anymore, i buy membership for try to get s staryu i still can get one, but not is the same the new s star at the old s star, that is the majority point, if you work better the game, try releaseing new map, pokemon, tm, moveset, and with that you can safe pwo economy, make a more competitive game, and dont be unfair to the rest of people, but this new chance is unfair

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
To be honest, 20+ IV on everything is still pretty darn good. You guys are saying that they won't be good for anything anymore, but that's completely false. I have epic normal pokemon that hold up great, despite having less than that across the board, like my PvP Donphan.

The real problem is that you're holding onto a stupidly high standard that never should have been a standard in the first place. The standard should have been 20+ IV to begin with. The most amusing part of all this is that some people, not all, are saying it's the end of the world and that shinies are now useless and new players are doomed. No, they aren't. Other epics, even non-shiny epics, can beat the higher stat shiny pokemon if you choose your team right...and it's not even that hard to do so.

Yeah, for a while those 28+ IV Pokemon are gonna be a good market option, but they'll filter out over time. It really didn't help the market that there was an overflow of god-tier IV Pokemon to begin with.

Franc92

Youngster
I'm a bit confuse about this update. So as far as i understood, every pokes that i'll find from now on that has 20+ ivs, should be shiny? If that's in this way i'm totally disagree with this update,cause it means every pokes that i want to use in battle, and i need him to be epic, it must be shiny? Or i can get also a poke 20+ ivs that os not shiny? Let me understand better.

MantileStyle

when i see a batller pokemon like kingdra or gya, are always shiny, for what? Simple you can get a normal one with shiny ivs too, but you need to spend more money, buying pokeball for caugth all gyarados normal or horsea appear, if appear shiny you know thay can have more 28+ ivs, that is other point, you can difference a wild pokemon stats when he appear shiny, in the case of vr or hr or inclusive rare not are difference i like sow much other player caugth that pokes, but is a common pokemon you dont caugth all appear, you spend more money in pokeball, and time too that happen

I.Am

@Franc. You also can get 20+ IVs for non-shiny pokes.

nemo55

Just had a read, all that whining though...very entertaining! ;D

Bill-Hader-Popcorn-reaction-Gif-On-The-Daily-Show.gif

Interesting Fact: There is still same amount of players online, if not more...haha AND with more updates to come I can see the playerbase growing to 400+ soon so you can see how all the complainers are contradicting themselves and just being plain selfish. That is all..from the realest NEMO55!

MantileStyle

the majority of player who are agree with this have more of one year in the game, see the difference? They think in they, i think in me and all people like me who was scammed buying membership, and now happen this, i think a good idea for continued with this change is restart the server, with have you have a balanced economy, but what? Is unfair for the old guys? See is the same for us, you are sow selfish like the new who want with effort have the as you

Haunter

I say either keep the changes and "update" the old shinies so they fit the new rules (ivs will be randomized) or don't change anything at all. If u only apply the modification to the newgens, older players will have an unhealthy advantage over newer ones; it's normal for every mmo that the longer u play the more u have as u grind for many hours to achieve that, but in this case the advantage would be simply too high to be acceptable. If u modify the old shinies to have 20-31 IVs the negative impact of the update won't be that significant. The only problem is the "max speed" obsession pwo players seem to have. Till now everone aimed to have only 31 speed shinies since they are worth much more than the "regular" shinies and provide pvp advantages, but this effect will be minimized with the introduction of natures and EVs, as long as u manage to find a way to convince ppl to switch in battles so they won't be forced to stay in in case an opponent uses a same base speed poke. Imo the biggest mistake the staff has made is showing the update to public before introducing the natures and EV system, cos it would have settled much smoother if introduced after those changes.

I.Am

Haunter said:
I say either keep the changes and "update" the old shinies so they fit the new rules (ivs will be randomized) or don't change anything at all. If u only apply the modification to the newgens, older players will have an unhealthy advantage over newer ones; it's normal for every mmo that the longer u play the more u have as u grind for many hours to achieve that, but in this case the advantage would be simply too high to be acceptable. If u modify the old shinies to have 20-31 IVs the negative impact of the update won't be that significant.

kaiser6tn said:
I'll give you an example of shiny pokemon with 32 ivs (which are no longer unobtainable), there are players who spent lots of cash on those so how do you think they would react if those same unique shinies had been changed to cater to the wishes of butthurt newbies? I wouldn't be surprised if most of them quit following that which would eventually lead to an even worse economy because like it or not, the economy is highly dependant of the richer players which usually are the players who spent a longer time playing the game, in case that's something you're oblivious to

Rich players love their 'old relic'. Better dont. :D

Zywa-Torpeda

Haunter said:
I say either keep the changes and "update" the old shinies so they fit the new rules (ivs will be randomized) or don't change anything at all. If u only apply the modification to the newgens, older players will have an unhealthy advantage over newer ones; it's normal for every mmo that the longer u play the more u have as u grind for many hours to achieve that, but in this case the advantage would be simply too high to be acceptable. If u modify the old shinies to have 20-31 IVs the negative impact of the update won't be that significant. The only problem is the "max speed" obsession pwo players seem to have. Till now everone aimed to have only 31 speed shinies since they are worth much more than the "regular" shinies and provide pvp advantages, but this effect will be minimized with the introduction of natures and EVs, as long as u manage to find a way to convince ppl to switch in battles so they won't be forced to stay in in case an opponent uses a same base speed poke. Imo the biggest mistake the staff has made is showing the update to public before introducing the natures and EV system, cos it would have settled much smoother if introduced after those changes.

Remind me Haunter, when did you last played this game for real? Get back where you came from devil! :)