killanaddict

My pokecenter full of shinys now ©
wipe this or make another name for all 20+ having left shiny all 28+

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
Tjolf said:
first of all, im kind of a new player. was playing pwo before, got 3 shinies in total (pidgey, magikarp, and.... something, dont remember) and than stopped.
started playing again yesterday (with a new account) and this shiny change makes me sick.
i dont care about pvp, what interests me most about the game is the pve part, and the impact of the shiny change is pretty minimal at best. the new shinies with lowered iv's are still more than enough to finish the game, you dont need to care about iv's at all when playing only for the main story, but i can still very much understand anyone who complains about it being unfair to the newer players. previously with the 28-31 range, a shiny was guaranteed to be an awesome battle pokemon, now they are merely decent, and finding a better non shiny is relatively easy. shinies after the patch are often mainly eyecandy, not much else.
i can understand the older players who dont want their existing shinies nerfed, but your "we worked hard for this, we played years for this, our shinies should not be touched" comments dont really make sense to me. if a new player works as hard as you, and plays as many years as you, his shinies will still be way worse than yours, possibly. basically your saying: old players > new players. leave the good stuff to the old players , the new guys can get the scraps.
i do however understand that some old players might not have levelled an old shiny pokemon if it had new iv's, so thats a lot of possible time lost if the existing shiny gets his iv's reduced and the old player ends up with a crappy shiny levelled up all the way to lvl 99.

maybe meeting in the middle might be an option, something like: existing shinies nerfed from 28-31 to 24-31, new shinies 20-31.

it would obviously still piss off old players, and new players are still at a disadvantage, but they wouldn't be all that far apart that way.
and to those guys saying "even after the change you can still get a good shiny poke with iv's between 28-31 if you are lucky" - how lucky would one have to be in order to get one poke that gets close? one in 10, 20, 50 shinies? when the old shinies get their iv's reduced, there is still a chance that they remain good 28-31ish shinies, so why would you be so upset if your old shinies get reduced? because that would hurt you, and not only the new players.

like i said, i dont pvp, so iv's dont really bother me all that much. making shinies pure eyecandy however would bother me, i liked them with the good iv's. even a bad poke was decent for pve-battling if it was shiny.

im curious how this discussion continues, and if the existing/new shinies get their iv's further changed, or if shiny rate gets changed.

The problem starts when people think a shiny is supposed to be an awesome battle poke (that mentality problem that was mentioned by some players in previous posts) when on the handhelds it never was anything other than eyecandy, a collector thing and if they have nice ivs that should be a bonus and not something that should be taken for granted. Next you say that no matter how much a new player tries his shinies will always be worse. I'd like you to explain me why do you think that, I mean, just because the iv range is wider it doesn't mean getting a shiny with ivs 28+ is impossible, instead it just means the market won't be as flooded by them in the future so that argument of yours makes no sense.
And that's because old players>new players. It's a fact. But I'm not saying this in regards to battle ability or anything like that but they have been around a longer time therefore they had more chances to get nice pokes than someone who started playing the game recently. Adding to this I'll give you an example of shiny pokemon with 32 ivs (which are no longer unobtainable), there are players who spent lots of cash on those so how do you think they would react if those same unique shinies had been changed to cater to the wishes of butthurt newbies? I wouldn't be surprised if most of them quit following that which would eventually lead to an even worse economy because like it or not, the economy is highly dependant of the richer players which usually are the players who spent a longer time playing the game, in case that's something you're oblivious to

I.Am said:
I dont get why you guys comparing shinies Pokes 1-31 IVs in real handheld with PWO because this game is way lacking in almost everything , we cant train IVs, no abilities, lot broken moves,etc. I think PWO not ready yet for this change. Just saying.

Ivs were never able to be trained
Abilities should only be focused on once moves are taken care of
Yes, there are still broken moves but Shane has done a great job at decreasing the number of those broken moves you speak of with his most recent updates
Pwo is ready for this change and it was needed, your view is just a little too negative

Merse

Youngster
Did you realize that the majority of those who are complaining about this change registered less than 6 months ago? And they wirte only that "this is bad" or something. Not very informative :p
Seriously guys, quit whining. You act like the only way to earn money and win battles is to catch shinys. If you would PVP (or at least read) more you would realize that there are extremely strong battling teams without a single shiny.
You can get a lot more money for an epic VR than for a S Common. I sold an epic Pika for 15m back when S Geodudes were sold for 1m.an epic HR battler costs more than a shiny rare!
And finally: Who the heck forces you to catch shinys? You could just catch 100 Pidgeys and sell the one with shiny stats, and it would cost just as much as a shiny wold.

Mr.Black

Is the worsted update in history....
Now well bee a huge difference in the new and old players...
IV 25 would be better for this....

Nikola

Youngster
People were always looking for their stats and that will never change. Why do you sound like they are not able to catch 31IV Pokemon after this update? It is possible indeed, you just need bit more of the luck. Before this update you simply needed 1 or 2 shiny encounters to get Pokemon you want and make use of it in a battle. Now, instead of 1 or 2 you will need 4/5 or you might need 1 only, depends on your luck. It was kinda bad where one simply could assemble good enough team for PvP battle in a day or 2. Some of them were even using alt accounts to bot on them to expand their resources both for sale and for battling. That will be a lot harder task now which is a good thing. Newbies shouldn't be dreaming about PvP after playing for a week or 2, you have to roll up your sleeves to get something. Don't expect anything to be given on a silver plate. IMO there should be number 1 instead of 20 and see how things will go from there. However, that is quite natural. During your early days you were taught on a easy way and you were fed with a silver spoon, now when you really have something to do alone you complain due to reason stated above. As for the people who complain about the update, you never gave valid enough reason why would you complain in a first place, you never stated how would 28>31IV reflect in near future and would that be good to preserve game health. Move on, don't be spoiled brat, things are changing as the game is getting updated. This was one of less painful ways to proceed with normal game course. Give it a week or two, it will sink in.

I.Am

Ops, i means stats. My bad. But lets see what will happen. I dont mind if this update continue. I will keep my 28-31 IVs shiny Pokes rotten in my PC then sell it later on.

Zywa-Torpeda

kaiser6tn said:
The problem starts when people think a shiny is supposed to be an awesome battle poke ...
Adding to this I'll give you an example of shiny pokemon with 32 ivs (which are no longer unobtainable), there are players who spent lots of cash on those so how do you think they would react if those same unique shinies had been changed to cater to the wishes of butthurt newbies?

Do you see the contradiction here?

Crypsis

Agreed. Very awesome update for the game health. Thank you staff. Good job. :)

Zywa-Torpeda

I.Am said:
Ops, i means stats. My bad. But lets see what will happen. I dont mind if this update continue. I will keep my 28-31 IVs shiny Pokes rotten in my PC then sell it later on.

Yes, thats the true. We (mature players) are going to make some money on even not too good (eg all 28 IVs pokes). But what then? What will you do if you'll catch eg S Staryu with all 20 IVs? It would be worse than a lot of regular ones...thats just nonsens.

KaiTheRageInducer

As far as I'm aware pwo follows gen V on what concerns movesets, tms and other battle mechanics. Knowing that, my question is how long until shinies found in the wild (and those obtained in the token store) to be completely random. ranging between 1-31?

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Well , seems kinda fair enough atleast for me. Thanks for that update , keep it up :p and i guess 1/31 would be optimal.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
Zywa_Torpeda said:
kaiser6tn said:
The problem starts when people think a shiny is supposed to be an awesome battle poke ...
Adding to this I'll give you an example of shiny pokemon with 32 ivs (which are no longer unobtainable), there are players who spent lots of cash on those so how do you think they would react if those same unique shinies had been changed to cater to the wishes of butthurt newbies?

There is no contradiction. The mentality change is something that needs to happen in the presence (would have happened earlier had it been implemented in the past instead of letting that idea spread). The example I said refers to the past but I'll ask you a question with a real world comparison. Would you like to see older relics be destroyed just because things changed in the present?

BlueExorcist

really i hate guys for tell great update thinking the new people to join here ,guys dont thinking only your selfs for sell shinys
28-31 iv's for more money in your account!!!! ,think more the new guys plz .that is like more shinys from tokens store bad iv's shinys only picture and Glitter ,many new people here is not buy MS again the non shinys is more better iv's :(
this is my opinion!!

I.Am

Zywa_Torpeda said:
What will you do if you'll catch eg S Staryu with all 20 IVs? It would be worse than a lot of regular ones.

Then i will rage quit. Hehe. :D

Zywa-Torpeda

KaiTheRageInducer said:
As far as I'm aware pwo follows gen V on what concerns movesets, tms and other battle mechanics. Knowing that, my question is how long until shinies found in the wild (and those obtained in the token store) to be completely random. ranging between 1-31?

Well, PWO is trying to catch up with gen V as some moves are still broken, we have just a few tms, there are no natures, no evs, no switches are used in pvp(this is players fault actually), so there are still plenty of things to do for staff members.

Buggot

Hey, I didn't read all of this but I want to say that we should not have any shiny boost on Pokemon at all. In the Handhelds it was super hard to get a shiny pokemon (besides S Gyarados) and the IVs weren't changed at all. So might as well make a giant change now xD. But leave the old IVs for the old pokemon there.

Zywa-Torpeda

kaiser6tn said:
Zywa_Torpeda said:
kaiser6tn said:

There is no contradiction. The mentality change is something that needs to happen in the presence (would have happened earlier had it been implemented in the past instead of letting that idea spread). The example I said refers to the past but I'll ask you a question with a real world comparison. Would you like to see older relics be destroyed just because things changed in the present?

As i said before kaiser, i'd like to things stay as they were. Where shiny pokemon, especially those rare, mean something, be something more than just cute toy for show.

I.Am

mixos123 said:
really i hate guys for tell great update thinking the new people to join here guys dont thinking only your selfs for sell shinys
28-31 iv's for more money in your account ,think more the new guys plz .that is like more shinys from tokens store bad iv's shinys only picture and Glitter ,many new people here is not buy MS again the non shinys is more better iv's :(
this is my opinion!!

I just teasing them mixos123 but i am sure there will be a lot of old players will sell their "old relics" for profit later on.

Teesel

On the one hand, this change may help saving game economy... However, you should inform players about the change at least two months before you implement that so that we can decide whether we want to spend money on membership. You have entered this change during active memberships accounts. I feel a bit scammed, because you entered changes without notice this... It's a little unfair. I was buying membership to the possibility of catching more shinies, because of they stats, but after that change I don't need new shiny pokemon. I do not think that this change itself aroused such controversy, but the way you have entered it leaves a lot to be desired.