New update shiny ivs 20+

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
Very entertaining reading... has me wondering how many players that are complaining are doing that because it now becomes harder for them to bot in order to get good statted shinies now that their range is wider ::)

Kathrine

Zywa_Torpeda said:
Bad idea of lowering ivs. But if it already lowered, increase the encounter chance from 1/8k to 1/6k.
yes i have the same opinion

Kathrine

Zywa_Torpeda said:
Bad idea of lowering ivs. But if it already lowered, increase the encounter chance from 1/8k to 1/6k.
yes i have the same opinion

Diablo~

I dont like this Update. Maybe it´s good for the old players but not for the "newbies".

Thor

People are right, it is slightly unfair on newer people at the moment, that's why the range should be applied to all pokemon, existing shiny pokemon should have stats to match the new rate. Then it is fair on everyone. This really is reminiscent of the petty whining when the 20% stat boost went. Think of the game not yourself, this allows non shiny pokemon to be better battlers and balances the game (albeit still not far enough in my opinion.) I have one of the biggest shiny collections ingame and I want existing shinies to be randomised stats, so no, not all people who argue for this are thinking about themselves

Zywa-Torpeda

BoboTheClown said:
People are right, it is slightly unfair on newer people at the moment, that's why the range should be applied to all pokemon, existing shiny pokemon should have stats to match the new rate. Then it is fair on everyone. This really is reminiscent of the petty whining when the 20% stat boost went. Think of the game not yourself, this allows non shiny pokemon to be better battlers and balances the game (albeit still not far enough in my opinion.) I have one of the biggest shiny collections ingame and I want existing shinies to be randomised stats, so no, not all people who argue for this are thinking about themselves

Matching exeisting pokes to the range of new is just nonsens. How to you imagin it Bobo? What stats should be lowered and what should stay the same? Just try to explain it to me (or to all fo useres) how do you see it going?

Gol.D.Roger.

two things,
1) Shiny pokemon ivs reduced, its good.. Thats how it should be...in handhelds they vary in 1-31....no one cries for why they got shiny with 1 iv...its applicable from today so you are very well informed about that ..no need to cry for why.....look at current market....shiny commons are getting sold at cost of garbage.

2)For new players who are whining about old players getting advantage....it took us several years to achieve this stage and still we agree with current updates....but your point that all existing shinies caught before should be nerfed is absolutely pathetic...its like you gonna get something less from now, so you want us to come at your zero level..well sorry i wont agree, and if such bizzare thing is made i.e. nerfing of existing shinies, then that will be an end of game for many other old players like me.. coz thats what we have earned by investing thousands of hours in game...so respect it...

Zywa-Torpeda

EvilAms, your point 1 and 2 are in opposite to itself :) Completly clueless... You say no new player should whining about decreasing ivs of the new pokes, but you are whining if someone wants to all old pokes to get them lowered. Who is pathetic now?
I am older payer than you, and i understand why people think that some people thinks it would help, i also understant new players that old ones have real advantage now, which is true, but i don't see why just few of players which are agreeing to this change are deciding for all of us.
I am opposite to all changes that are said here...

Gol.D.Roger.

you are free to think whatever you want, thats none of my business..m glad ppl reading my views.. thats enough for me.. GL

Zywa-Torpeda

People are reading everything here, as it's the most controversial updates of all time, and everyone wants to have a word in this.

darkcroz

neither agree nor disagree, but some comments make me wonder:
reason because they should nerfed the existing shinys?
still it's possible to find one with 28+ ivs, then what is the point?

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
EvilAms said:
2)For new players who are whining about old players getting advantage....it took us several years to achieve this stage and still we agree with current updates....but your point that all existing shinies caught before should be nerfed is absolutely pathetic...its like you gonna get something less from now, so you want us to come at your zero level..well sorry i wont agree, and if such bizzare thing is made i.e. nerfing of existing shinies, then that will be an end of game for many other old players like me.. coz thats what we have earned by investing thousands of hours in game...so respect it...

Exactly. People need to realize this update was made to have an impact in the long run. Anything prior to it should remain untouched because those 'older players' most of you say to be benefited in your whines didn't get what they have overnight, it was something that took time and effort to get, not to mention that they shouldn't be affected by something that was the result of a different view on shinies that lasted way more than it should have. Communism is something that only works on paper and just because newcomers like to be spoonfed everything it doesn't mean every single request they have needs to be catered do.

darkshadow.

I just think it was a massive change to the game without no one expecting it.. It should be discussed first with the players and not simply announce the change. I don't agree with the change but doesn't matter now cause it already changed. So there is no reason to show my thoughts cause it's in vain. I only could say that membership is useless for me right now , i'm happy i didn't buy it.

LordOfKarps

Well, this update has a good point and a bad point:
1)good point: as mentioned before, this will be good for long-term pokemon play. All shinies dont have the chance to have, let's say, "godlike" stats(meaning 28+ ivs), and all players will have the chance to catch shiny or non-shiny pokemon with almost the same stats, therefore the battles being more balanced.
2)bad point: old existing shinies....I am not such an old player, but i have some shinies in my boxes, which in a couple of months after this they will worth like a gold-mine if this update remain up..IMO, it's not like what it was said before, that people kept hunting for years or i dont know how much period, the difference is that those players HAD THE CHANCE to catch pokemon with 28+ ivs...The only chance to give new players to keep with that is to decrease the shiny rate drastically, so that anyone can have a chance to get a shiny pokemon with more than acceptable ivs, or even give the game a new start and starting all over again(which i highly doubt it will happen)

Tjolf

first of all, im kind of a new player. was playing pwo before, got 3 shinies in total (pidgey, magikarp, and.... something, dont remember) and than stopped.
started playing again yesterday (with a new account) and this shiny change makes me sick.
i dont care about pvp, what interests me most about the game is the pve part, and the impact of the shiny change is pretty minimal at best. the new shinies with lowered iv's are still more than enough to finish the game, you dont need to care about iv's at all when playing only for the main story, but i can still very much understand anyone who complains about it being unfair to the newer players. previously with the 28-31 range, a shiny was guaranteed to be an awesome battle pokemon, now they are merely decent, and finding a better non shiny is relatively easy. shinies after the patch are often mainly eyecandy, not much else.
i can understand the older players who dont want their existing shinies nerfed, but your "we worked hard for this, we played years for this, our shinies should not be touched" comments dont really make sense to me. if a new player works as hard as you, and plays as many years as you, his shinies will still be way worse than yours, possibly. basically your saying: old players > new players. leave the good stuff to the old players , the new guys can get the scraps.
i do however understand that some old players might not have levelled an old shiny pokemon if it had new iv's, so thats a lot of possible time lost if the existing shiny gets his iv's reduced and the old player ends up with a crappy shiny levelled up all the way to lvl 99.

maybe meeting in the middle might be an option, something like: existing shinies nerfed from 28-31 to 24-31, new shinies 20-31.

it would obviously still piss off old players, and new players are still at a disadvantage, but they wouldn't be all that far apart that way.
and to those guys saying "even after the change you can still get a good shiny poke with iv's between 28-31 if you are lucky" - how lucky would one have to be in order to get one poke that gets close? one in 10, 20, 50 shinies? when the old shinies get their iv's reduced, there is still a chance that they remain good 28-31ish shinies, so why would you be so upset if your old shinies get reduced? because that would hurt you, and not only the new players.

like i said, i dont pvp, so iv's dont really bother me all that much. making shinies pure eyecandy however would bother me, i liked them with the good iv's. even a bad poke was decent for pve-battling if it was shiny.

im curious how this discussion continues, and if the existing/new shinies get their iv's further changed, or if shiny rate gets changed.

I.Am

I dont get why you guys comparing shinies Pokes 1-31 IVs in real handheld with PWO because this game is way lacking in almost everything , we cant train IVs, no abilities, lot broken moves,etc. I think PWO not ready yet for this change. Just saying.

Edit : Not train IVs but stats. EV.

Buu-

With this new update about ivs of Shinys
1)Newly caught shinys will be be given less priority and only few newly caught Shinys will be buyed by players because of this the Shinys which were caught b4 will only be buyed and we can see the cost of the Shinys which r 28+ ivs has increased.
2)Old players will like this update coz they can sell their Shinys at high price then they were b4.
3)Newly caught Shinys won't be used in b99 coz they will be having ivs 25 below and only some new Shinys will be used.
4)To explain this ... S karph or Gyarados'es [max spd and atk] used to be sold at maximum of 2-2.5 m . Now with this update the same gyaras r being sold for like 4-6m .People now won't buy S karphs or gyaras which were caught these days coz they will be having less power then the old S gyara and newly caught Shinys won't be given priority and New Shinys wont be used in battles..
5)To say these newly caught Shinys can't be called Shinys but they r epic only.

Zywa-Torpeda

Buu. said:
5)To say these newly caught Shinys can't be called Shinys but they r epic only.

For me epic pokes are the one with they're main ivs 28-31 (eg. arcanine speed and atack) and the rest above 20 (they can be exceptions with one or two under 20 if rest is really high) so for me the newly cought shinys sometimes won't even be Epic pokes, good sparkling ones with different colorway, so nothing spectacular.

I agree with the rest you said Buu.