New update shiny ivs 20+

TrafalgarLaw

Just one thought, I think it is a little bit unfair for players who have bought a membership recetly, maybe because they wouldn't have bought it if they knew this was going to happen, so maybe it would have been better giving a 2 month notice on the change before doing it.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Here's a thought: With the updated animation of wild encounters, it decreases the amount of encounters you can have in any given hour, I don't know by how much but it absolutely is true. This will decrease the amount of money that is in game over time, as that is a large portion of the income, wild encounters.

Most of your argument is that older players, in time, will see their shinies become more valuable as they become rarer, what you're not taking into account is this decrease in money over time. Who knows how much of a difference there will be between them waiting to sell, taking a risk that the value won't keep up with the deflation of PWOs money, and the benefit that people who keep their money instead of going and buying the shinies now, and seeing how much their savings appreciate? No one does, it's a gamble for everyone. The old players can either cash out now, or risk the money depreciating faster than their 28+ shinies appreciate. Either way, it's not a guaranteed benefit.

You're all acting like 28+ shinies won't be available for purchase a year or so from now... they will, and they won't be extremely rare. Look how many event shinies are still around right now from last year. That is a drop in a bucket compared to how many 28+ iv shinies have been accumulated over the years of this game.

MantileStyle

TrafalgarLaw said:
Just one thought, I think it is a little bit unfair for players who have bought a membership recetly, maybe because they wouldn't have bought it if they knew this was going to happen, so maybe it would have been better giving a 2 month notice on the change before doing it.

yes, that happen to my, i spend all my money in a membership and now this, is sow unfiar, is not an update is done from one day to another, it has to have a previus notice, or votation, in that case i dont spend all money for nothing, but still in the idea the only benefit are the old player

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
As IVs don't relate to a membership benefit, a warning is not necessary.

MantileStyle

Bluerise said:
As IVs don't relate to a membership benefit, a warning is not necessary.

yes is necesary blue, if you make a warning, i dont buy membership, i still hunting like a normal player and try to get a normal pokemon, not spend my money for get more shiny chance with membership in that case yes is related, think blue, now the people dont spend money for get membership if you can get a normal pokemon with the same or better ivs like a shiny, is related, and yes need a warning

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
It has always been possible to get normal pokemon with the same IVs as shinys.

I.Am

This IV's problem will be much easier to solve if EV added into this game.

MantileStyle

Bluerise said:
It has always been possible to get normal pokemon with the same IVs as shinys.

yes now is posible, but if i have a warning, i dont buy a membership, is very hard to stand that bluerise? You dont get my money or tokens back, i buy membership for the shiny chance benefit, not for exp or money benefit, dont stand that? You with this update broken me, and all player who buy the first membership, stay from my side from one instant and you can stand me

MantileStyle

i recently see a post in suggestion, talk about the shiny ivs, and i see a comentary from ecowolf, who say the ivs chance was be gradualy, 1-2 ivs per month or even 3 month, that can resolved this problem, in one or two month reduced the minumun ivs to 26, later 24, 22, 20 etc.. That is a good solution, but dont 20 from one instant, is unfair for sow much people, take in mind blue

Dovee

Youngster
You say its unfair but if you look at it from a neutral perspective it is fair. Reducing slowly is pointless, its slow and useless. Just get the final goal out of the way if thats the plan.

Players that have played this game for years should have an advantage over other players. They have committed their time to the game. This update is a good one and it will pay off largely in the future. All pokemon eventually cycle out. Just adapt to the change like the people that have played this game for years always have.

DomT.

Youngster
NOW TS Pokes would be more valuable than these 20+ pokes xD Great Update

MantileStyle

Dovee said:
You say its unfair but if you look at it from a neutral perspective it is fair. Reducing slowly is pointless, its slow and useless. Just get the final goal out of the way if thats the plan.

Players that have played this game for years should have an advantage over other players. They have committed their time to the game. This update is a good one and it will pay off largely in the future. All pokemon eventually cycle out. Just adapt to the change like the people that have played this game for years always have.

is unfair for new player, if you want regularized the economy can update the server with released new pokemon or new maps, this happen in all games, when you dont update you market you are devalued, in all game happen the same, i play dota 2 since 2012, in dota have items for chance the heroes skin, when a new set is realesed is valued expensive but with the months and amount of player get one is devalued, for that other set is released, like i say that happen in all games, but chance the base of the game in that case the pokemon dont is the solution, affect sow much player, for someone are benefit for other not

Orean

Website
twitter.com
On the topic of Token Store shinies, do players feel as if their IVs would need reducing out of the proportionality between them and the in-game shinies, or another solution?

I'm still interested in collecting the variance of viewpoints that there are in response to the shiny change, but this change is bound to spawn more comparisons to the Token Store shinies; the discrepancy between the Token Store shiny IVs and in-game shinies has now been abridged, thus I'm curious to see how players feel Token Store and in-game shinies may compare.

Mastergam

very bad update, if you prefer to be well stop playing or never put MS or buy tokens, because that does not pay that much effort is to get a decent S and from 20 + ivs.... Realy, staff pls come back to normal S ivs 28+

Zangoose

hmm...Nice Update! Can i get refund for my Membership ? :p
I dont like this update at all! There is no point decreasing the IVs of shinys unless you
decrease the encounter rate of Shinys. which the benificial for both new and old players. Old players will have higher value for there Shinys and new players have good rate to encounter shinys with lowered IVs.

jfonfran

the upgrade
not bad .. but it is not giving the conrrecto approach ..
players who have more time will look veneficiados but this is not bad .. is something deserved ..

many times it happens that a guy with least 100 hours or less ... you get a shiny pokemon or vr rare type with 31 ivs and just have your first member or has no member and become wealthy ..
while we have months and years with members on many occasions we get nothing .... or we get a shiny poke with all 28 ivs .. does not seem right .. we all struggle to get where we are and this update makes things more interesting. and fair to some extent. new players just tell them now if they have to fight eventually appreciate it .. all this is happening.

Mumetufu

"My son, my son, what have ye done"
There was no problem with shiny IV's for so many years and suddenly it becames one... I'm not mentioning that You have done a huge change to the world of the game without asking players of their opinion.

nemo55

The main purpose of a shiny is to have a cool looking Pokemon with a different color following you! We have all been mislead by PWO with them being 28-31 IVs. To be fair, the IVs for shiny Pokemon should have been lowered looooong ago. The culture of the game and the mentality simply needs to change. I believe the staff are successfully changing the culture of the game slowly but surely. Now, it is evident that the game is heading in the right direction with numerous updates within the last month. Normal pokes demand more respect, and this new update is for the future, it may suck now. But for the long-run it is for the best. Keep in mind, you still might get a shiny with 28+ IVs, you never know how your luck plays out. Also, there are many 28+ IV shinys in game that can be bought from another player.