New update shiny ivs 20+

Mastergam

it's easy say it nemo... '-'
make a poll before radical changes, as a player I felt very offended. Changing something so important without notice, that means we neglect players, our opinion does not count?, Who serves and supports the services pwo playes all of us (MS Players) and honestly, I'm even thinking of quitting after that, you me staff disappointed, deeply.

nemo55

MASTERGAM said:
make a poll before radical changes, as a player I felt very offended. Changing something so important without notice, that means we neglect players, our opinion does not count?, Who serves and supports the services pwo playes all of us (MS Players) and honestly, I'm even thinking of quitting after that, you me staff disappointed, deeply.

You do know that in REAL pokemon shinys are 1-31 IVs. We were living in Dream Land before with 28-31 IVs. However, 20-31 IVs is still way better then 1-31 IVs. Suck it up man. Be a realist for once, not just you MASTERGAM, but all of you. Try to factor in some common sense???

The natural human being is greedy, of course most people would vote for 28-31 IVs to stay, but lets be real, this can't work forever...otherwise it will ruin the game. If it was me, I would have lowered Shiny pokemon IVs looooong time ago.

The game IS getting better, if you are upset cause of this shiny change, you can feel free to quit because this is all part of the culture change, and you are evidently not fit for this new culture. :)

Thor

20 is too high, 1 would be better, and it needs to apply to existing shinies, shiny pokemon need to be brought in line with non shiny pokemon

Mastergam

nemo55 said:
MASTERGAM said:

You do know that in REAL pokemon shinys are 1-31 IVs. We were living in Dream Land before with 28-31 IVs. However, 20-31 IVs is still way better then 1-31 IVs. Suck it up man. Be a realist for once, not just you MASTERGAM, but all of you. Try to factor in some common sense???

The natural human being is greedy, of course most people would vote for 28-31 IVs to stay, but lets be real, this can't work forever...otherwise it will ruin the game. If it was me, I would have lowered Shiny pokemon IVs looooong time ago.

The game IS getting better, if you are upset cause of this shiny change, you can feel free to quit because this is all part of the culture change, and you are evidently not fit for this new culture. :)

obviously some people think only on profit and not the game itself is not nemo55, want to see after all the pokemons disappear beneath the fingers of the greedy who want to make lots of money selling all pokes 28 +, yes I'm free and decide to leave will not need to ask permission or to you or to anyone, I know the franchise since 1999, when he was 7 years old, an online game that does not respect the will of playes, a giant change like this without the new approval? I disagree and end point, only regret.

nemo55

MASTERGAM said:
nemo55 said:
MASTERGAM said:

obviously some people think only on profit and not the game itself is not nemo55, want to see after all the pokemons disappear beneath the fingers of the greedy who want to make lots of money selling all pokes 28 +, yes I'm free and decide to leave will not need to ask permission or to you or to anyone, I know the franchise since 1999, when he was 7 years old, an online game that does not respect the will of playes, a giant change like this without the new approval? concondo and no end, only regret.

Pardon me, but its hard to take you serious @_@

Dark4i20

Shiny ivs 20 + ?

What ******it is this :eek: ? How do you do such a thing without even consulting us, I think this is very foolish to do it overnight.
Now with with ivs 20 + and still want to increase the rarity of , that's a joke, to put that MS now ??? ? Only up to is what I think, and this crazy thing can, it will greatly affect the game.

Mastergam

on existing S, do not think anything should change, because what system would use to do this? I paid dearly for my precious S max spd and do not want to see them with ivs exchanged at the mercy of luck, this is another point, I got my real money on it, I sweated behind them, I suffered to have them and it does not is fair, not just me with much more of all active players who rain or shine are here hunting and trying to be better every day.

saiyanstyle

Very nice update for shiny ;) gj

"Congratulations Pwo staff for that shiny poke 20+ now u need to change shiny rate to 1/6048 thank you again keep going with good job i cant wait for next update"

roHy

since a new shiny pokemon caught will have 20-31 ivs, why not increase the chances of encounter rate? if not an increase please don't decrease it as a result of a previous poll for reducing the encounter rate when having membership... :(

Thor

They've changed existing shinies before, they could and should do it again for the good of the game, if you have lots of shinies you will benefit from this still as you are more likely to end up with ones with higher stats which will be worth a lot more than shinies currently are. Think for the good of the game. It's about time they were all changed, token store, in game and existing shinies should be 1-31. Staff shouldn't fear the temporary backlash because in the long run it will be better and the sooner it is done the better

Dovee

Youngster
Its not like this was some sudden "Hey lets change shiny stats out of nowhere" type thing. Shiny stats have been debated inside of staff conversations and forums for years. Ever since I became staff in 2010 and when i left in 2013. That conversation always lingered around and pop up. Im pretty surprised things went as long as they did without change.

Everyone will learn to adapt.

Zangoose

Re: Very nice update for shiny ;) gj

there was no need to create a new topic about this.

SapphirePhoenix

All they did was extended the possible IV range of shiny Pokemon by 8 points and some of you are acting like we will never ever encounter a 31 IV shiny Pokemon ever again and that the apocalypse is happening outside and we are all doomed as we speak because it's the worst thing that's ever happened!! :eek:

I think some of you need to calm down for a day or two and reassess the situation. This isn't the end of the game, and the staff certainly aren't out to murder your shinies. In my personal opinion this isn't even that drastic of an alteration. Sometimes the public consensus of this community confuses me. One week everyone seems hyped up to have a total game reset, but in order to have that happen the game needed to be improved to level out the stats/shinies/map spawns etc. Later on they make a change and now there are topics full of rage because apparently when we call for change we secretly mean that we don't want it affecting ourselves.

I feel like this edit was a good idea for the long run of the game. The staff stated many, many times that they want this game to be enjoyable by both members and non-members, which means that one of their goals is to have a relatively level playing field. Having shinies automatically assigned such high IVs (especially ones from the token shop) seemed a bit more like a "pay to win" feature that was just begging for an overhaul. Yes shinies can be encountered by non-membership holders, but as a lot of people stated in other threads, the chance is so rare that having membership was basically a must-have for shiny hunting. Many of you also stated above and elsewhere that first thing many of those people do when they catch a shiny is either raise them to be team slayers or sell them for a fortune- sounds a lot like having to pay to get to the very top, and this game shouldn't be like that. Right now it may seem that everything is in turmoil but I'm quite sure they are not done with the edits yet. Everything will be balanced in time.

Regular Pokemon can also have epic IVs but people don't seem to care about them as much as shinies, and because regular Pokemon are so much more common, you can catch an epic normal faster than a shiny. So basically, the only real difference here between a normal and a shiny is some rare sparkly stuff and a reassurance that you won't have 0/1 IV shinies when you catch one. I feel that the if the IV minimums are to still exist (because in all honesty I wouldn't mind if they were completely randomized), it should have only served as a safety net so you wouldn't get a shiny with absolutely horrible IVs. Having that safety net in existence though, is a reasonable benefit for people who want to donate for membership, and the 20 IV minimum is a suitable range- it's not guaranteed to be at the top every single time (which gave me the impression that people were basically paying to win like customers instead of generally supporting the game as players), but you are assured that you won't get something with absolutely terrible IVs. And that's why I see this as a nice change.

Zywa-Torpeda

Bad idea of lowering ivs. But if it already lowered, increase the encounter chance from 1/8k to 1/6k.

Roosevelt

Very nice update
My happiness play this game gone. After my ms expired i quit

Mumetufu

I just love to read your objective opinions like this for example: "if you have lots of shinies you will benefit from this" and further "Think for the good of the game." all signatured with impresive collection... Another jewel: "This update is a good one and it will pay off largely in the future." - maybe slightly out of context but we all understood :p Shame on you... "The main purpose of a shiny is to have a cool looking Pokemon with a different color following you!" and "You do know that in REAL pokemon shinys are 1-31 IVs". Please. Seriously? It was the greatest advantage of PWO game over others that with all it's imperfections every player has a chance to get in hours of hunting that feeling of finding a shiny poke which was a good poke. And now it's taken away by the voices of few, for the benefits for few in the darkness of night...
How about a player survey like the last one? Or we just have to listen and obey :-X

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I'm going to remind people to keep this topic civil, I know many people may be upset with this change but please keep this topic clean.

Thank you :)