NEW Players Guide.

CHARMELEON

Saric said:
CHARMELEON said:
useful but i have a problem not in this Guide, i have no ******* idea where i click to get on to the server please help me!
uh..Open up the client and click on log in?
If you dont have the client log into playerdex and click on client download.
i cant download the client cus there no button aaaahhhhhhh!!!

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I've added how to find and download the client to the original post, seeing as how this is now a common issue for new players.

Not surprisingly I found several outdated issues in my list. I didn't delete anything in case the problems recur in the future but have made several additions to allow for the changes and updates since I first made this.

Feel free anyone who likes to do that sort of thing proof read my changes and let me know anything you think I should change. :)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
You should really try the chat again Charmeleon. You logged in there 3 times in a minute or so but you never said anything. Talk to us and we'll talk to you. :)

The playerdex:

http://playerdex.pokemonworldonline.net/index.php

has a big sign in box on the right hand side of it. Put in your nickname and password, click log in and you're logged in.

Libris

uhm, I just made an account, and it's letting me log into the forum, but not the playerdex, is there a solution for this?

EDIT: nevermind, the issue has been resolved

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Yes Libris, the solution is NOT to copy/paste your password on to the playerdex login. Type out your password and it will work.

Parasite202

i have a problem: when i log in and the game starts it says "loading map (route 2)" (at the very beginning where it says with wich ip adress you're online) but it won't go away. and i can't do anything. it's since today and my question is if it's just an overwhelming map at the moment and it will work maybe tomorrow or not. or can i even do something?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Unfortunately this may be a new problem nobody has a fix for other than persistently trying to load that map. Make sure you totally close the client off when you attempt a reload, don't just log out and back in again.

Also, in case it is antivirus related, read this from the guide:

*Avast, Trendmicro and Malwarebytes all block the map server IP/website for the game for some reason.
*If you have one of those and you unblock http://94.102.52.40 on the resident shield the maps should load again.
*Unfortunately if you have the paid version of Malwarebytes there is apparently no way to remove the block on the map server.
*Also turning off the antivirus apparently does not work, the resident shield must still run in the background.

Parasite202

HitmonFonty said:
Unfortunately this may be a new problem nobody has a fix for other than persistently trying to load that map. Make sure you totally close the client off when you attempt a reload, don't just log out and back in again.
i tried it severel hours later and then it worked. thanks for the info.

t.weileR

Hi. I'm looking for
a) a sticky, where previous suggestions, questions and ideas concerning farther development of the game and its features are collected
and
b) a set of rules/guidelines for pvp battles in PWO - if anything like that ever was gathered in a thread.

Thank you very much.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Suggestions etc aren't all put in one spot unfortunately, they are discussed randomly a lot of the time on the forums, other suggestions are posted on the Suggestion Box in the playerdex. It's just a matter of looking around and gathering up information as you go.

The PVP rules should be listed somewhere, but as I don't PVP I haven't paid a lot of attention. I'll ask around and put them in my first post when I find them.

What I know off the top of my head is:

*No switching in battle unless your pokemon faint. Switching pokemon get a free shot which is unfair and can glitch the battle, causing potentially infinite switch AND freezing the battle.
*OHKO moves are frowned upon and banned from most tournaments I believe. No idea why really, the moves are powerful but still don't hit reliably.
*Not sure if it is a PVP rule, but I've seen tournament rules saying only one of each type of pokemon- so you can't use 6 slakings or 6 dragon types etc.

There could well be more so as I said I'll try to find a full list.

Saric

Youngster
HitmonFonty said:
Suggestions etc aren't all put in one spot unfortunately, they are discussed randomly a lot of the time on the forums, other suggestions are posted on the Suggestion Box in the playerdex. It's just a matter of looking around and gathering up information as you go.

The PVP rules should be listed somewhere, but as I don't PVP I haven't paid a lot of attention. I'll ask around and put them in my first post when I find them.

What I know off the top of my head is:

*No switching in battle unless your pokemon faint. Switching pokemon get a free shot which is unfair and can glitch the battle, causing potentially infinite switch AND freezing the battle.
*OHKO moves are frowned upon and banned from most tournaments I believe. No idea why really, the moves are powerful but still don't hit reliably.
*Not sure if it is a PVP rule, but I've seen tournament rules saying only one of each type of pokemon- so you can't use 6 slakings or 6 dragon types etc.

There could well be more so as I said I'll try to find a full list.
Also:
Disconnects are highly frowned upon. If you are losing take the loss. Don't be a sore loser.
Abusing sleep moves is also quite frowned upon. As strategic as they are, people don't like it and might hate you for it.
As far as the last one, in tournaments yes. But single type teams, including dragon types, aren't really looked down upon.