NEW Players Guide.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Okay gonna go with these and can update them if they need to be:

PVP Player Invented Guidelines:

1. DO NOT disconnect to avoid a loss.
2. Similarly DO NOT stall and hope the other person disconnects. You are just wasting your time and theirs, and will soon get a bad reputation amongst regular battlers doing either (1) or (2).
3. DO NOT SWITCH pokemon unless your pokemon has fainted. Switching pokemon gives the switching pokemon an unfair advantage and can lead to infinite switching and frozen battles.
4. One Hit Knock Out (OHKO) moves are frowned upon. I'm not sure the reason for this other than that a lower level pokemon could gain advantage in a battle which would be much more unlikely- or impossible- to happen. For same level PVP battles I don't see why these moves would be discouraged but maybe someone will enlighten me. :)
5. Abusing (spamming) Sleep moves is also frowned upon. Again I don't know why except that counters to status effects do not work so this may also earn you a bad reputation.
6. Tournaments often have a rule stating you can only have one of each type of pokemon in your team. So no 'all slaking' or 'all dragon' teams. However this is apparently fine for normal PVP. (I'd say using an all Slaking team WOULD get you lynched however O0)

chenco

I have a question. I'm in olivine and i can't get a passowrd because "recepcionist Sally" says that i've allready created one. The problem is that i don't remember of doing that...is there any way to recover that password?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
chenco said:
I have a question. I'm in olivine and i can't get a passowrd because "recepcionist Sally" says that i've allready created one. The problem is that i don't remember of doing that...is there any way to recover that password?

Log into the Playerdex and click on My Settings and Status. Across from where it says 'Trade City Password' there is a 'send reminder' link. It will email you the reminder. You need to be logged out of the game to do this.

Gema87

I don't know where to ask, i hope that ask here is right..
1. Is there in the game any of the evolution items or are they all to buy with tokens?..
2. some times the pokemon Exp overflows (my whooper yesterday was 9000/6000)
what to do in these cases? train it more and hope it fix by itself?
3. rarely the game stuck in the middle of a battle (screen "wait") and i have to close, is a problem that happens or i am the only one? (in this case can be my pc's fault..)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
1. Some evolution items are ingame- most of the 1st and second generation stones. You can buy the elemental stones at the Department Stores in Celadon and Goldenrod Cities for 1.5k. You can buy Moon Stones from an NPC just inside the first entrance to Dark Cave in Johto, and on the top right corner of the Pewter City side entrance to Mt Moon in Kanto.

2. Currently you can only level up once per battle. So any extra experience points are held over until the next battle when your pokemon will level up again, and continue until the experience needed is more than that which it currently has.

3. Battles can sometimes glitch, and in those cases you can only relog to fix if it doesn't come good on its own. If it is a PvP battle try and talk to the other person and make sure they know it is their move- sometimes you need to make a move even when it isn't technically your turn.

You can avoid some glitches in battle just by being patient. Wait for your turn to do an attack, don't make the move early.

Also switching in PvP when your pokemon isn't dead can glitch the battle, and gives an unfair advantage because it often does not use a turn to do so which it should. So for both those reasons you should not switch in PvP.

Silver1234

nice :)
but my friend use ko to me so i ask him
right?
Thank my friend battle me sue ko lot my pokemon XD
you set new rules :)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
ohko moves are overpowered in a way, because they can hit higher level pokemon which apparently they can't do in the handhelds. However I don't know of any reason why it would be banned from max level battles since all are the same level anyway.. and remember these are player invented rules and not enforced in any way apart from peer pressure let's say.

I certainly agree with not stalling/disconnecting or switching. But other rules I can't really say since I haven't done enough PvP to really understand why they are there.

Hiruta

When I open up the game, all I see is a white screen with a bunch of pokeballs on it?

Mercado

Thanks for compiling this guide. As a new player (started today) It has helped me a lot :)

G

Sorry if this was already mentioned and answered, but does PWO work on Macs too or does it have to be strictly PC?

Naero

By default, PWO is only compatible with Windows OS's. However, it is possible to play PWO via usage of windows emulation; and this walkthrough is resourceful at that, as some users have been known to successfully run PWO on a mac with this.

It should also be noted that a completely new client is currently in development. Thereafter, depending on the direction of the client development, it is possible that there will be more surefire compatibility with PWO on a Mac, but I can not confirm the exact plans on that; we may have to wait longer for the details to unfold, but until then, windows emulation is the only possible method of running PWO on a mac.