Is your character stuck?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
PWO does not encourage the use of proxy servers for any reason, however that doesn't explain how you are stuck.

If you have an escape rope use that to return to your last pokemon center, otherwise ask in help channel for someone to move you or go to the IRC Chat and see if there is a staff member there to help you.

NJi1337

Im stuck, i do the zeyther badge and when i go to south some guy tell me if i have the zeyther badge and he said no. but i do the gym in johto plz support help me

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Check your bag for the badge. If there was a crash after you received it it may have been lost. If that's the case just wait 24 hours and battle that gym again.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
As it says in the first post you have a few options. If a staff member is online they can move you- ask in the help channel ingame. If you have an Escape Rope you can use that to return to your last Pokemon Center. And you can also ask someone to defeat you in a battle, which will also return you to your last Pokemon Center.

Locke2021

Hitmonfonty all these guys are having the same problem. Even after we get the black screen and get defeated in battle the instant we walk out of that pokemon center we get a black screen again. Making it impossible to move anywhere. If they are like me they have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, stopping antivires, adding it as an exception to firewall, /ref, /stuck, and nothing happens besides (loading). Trying all those things means it obviously isn't me and the game needs to get fixed.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
From what I have heard this is a temporary issue outside of our control, the best advise I could give is to leave it a short while and then try again.

caphedao

Help!I'm stuck at the Celadon city, a NPC (I can't talking to) in front of me.PLease help me!
BUUiuBHCQAAhk5M.png

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Unfortunately this is a persistent glitch for some that we haven't found a common cause or solution for as yet, and as it has been more common over the last day or so it could be on our end, in which case you just have to be patient until it either sorts itself out or a fix is found.

There are things you can try:
* Type /ref while the map is attempting to load. (Hit Enter, type /ref, then hit Enter again.)
* Turn off your firewall and antivirus to see if one is blocking the map server. (Then make sure pwo.exe is an exception in your firewall, and any Resident Shield attached to your antivirus is disabled so you can turn your antivirus or firewall back on again.)
* Open Internet Explorer, go into your Internet Settings, and under "Homepage", click "Use Default" and then OK everything."
* Uninstall PWO and delete the PWO folder from your Program Files and then download and reinstall.
* Register another account and see if it is account related- try another computer- another internet address- another windows user account.

Also if your computer is part of a Network it could be the Network Security blocking the map server.

It can even come good on its own, or one of the above may work, but there is no set solution unfortunately.

Good luck!

gwenk2p

I am stuck. I can't move and when I try to type /stuck it won't recognize that I am typing. I am in pokecenter 10

monarch2013

Hey guys I'm stuck in Goldenrod Gym and can't move, type, pm, or anything, my character is unresponsive to anything I've done. I've tried reloading, logging in and out but it still doesn't do anything.

dellima

Please, I'm having trouble entering the pokemon center!!

I have done up to another account but ta giving the same error! When I enter the pokemon center a window appears active movie windows that do not let me mess in my amis pesornagem! please help me. Thank, hug.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Re: Please, I'm having trouble entering the pokemon center!!

dellima said:
I have done up to another account but ta giving the same error! When I enter the pokemon center a window appears active movie windows that do not let me mess in my amis pesornagem! please help me. Thank, hug.

Try turning off your music before entering a pokemon center. The error seems to be related to some setting I think in Windows Media Player.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
deespe said:
somebody can help me? I'm stuck in route 21

Fixed for now. Anyone in Seafoam Islands or Cinnabar Tunnel or planning to head there should rethink your plans- most of the links between Fuchsia and Cinnabar are broken and the cave exits on the islands themselves especially are useless currently.

Chromehound

Having some strange issue moving my character(s) around. I've tried all the usual /ref & /stuck and uninstall and reinstall, flipped off av/firewall, and still when I log in from one of my computers, I just cannot move around. The maps load, and I see other people moving around and I can even talk in chat, but still no movement at all. I tested with a new account and same issue. I also thought it could be a network thing (using my work pc) but I went over to another pc and installed, and worked perfectly.

Am I missing something simple perhaps?

Also, after I uninstall and reinstall, it still pops up my username & password as if there's some files left over after an uninstall. Did a search and nothing came up, and I also went through the registry to delete all the keys associated with pow or pokemon and it still remembers my username & pw after an uninstall/reinstall. Could've missed a registry key somewhere though - they're pesky little things sometimes.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
There is another common cause for this error. Some USB devices effect movement for some reason, so if you have anything like that plugged in- bluetooth or whatever- remove it and see if that helps.

Chromehound

It's my work pc and need all the usb stuff that's shoved in there (printers & security key stuff), but what I did try was another usb keyboard that I had laying around. Works fine 8)

Sleeprunnerinc

Hey. I'm stuck in the pokemon center in Ecruteck city. The whole building and area is black and If I move it will attempt to reload map. So far it hasn't worked. I've been trying for hours. Same as relogging, trying to ask if GM is on and using REF. None have worked so far. I wonder if there could be a failsafe command to fix this. Like sending your char back the last time you were on. Sure it might make you loose progress but it might fix the bug.