Feathers.McGraw

Youngster
Community Guide
Swarm will be held at Route 37 on 12th Feb 02:00 UTC - 15th Feb 02:00 UTC

YB9S6SO.png

Mallow-

Youngster
*Sigh* I guess this day had to come...
If this means what I think - that Trubbish is in this swarm - I'm in two minds. On the one hand, yay my kind is finally getting into the wilds of PWO! But on the other hand, I'm worried about them being treated the way I used to be... bullied, unloved, treated as something people just fight for experience or to fill up a collection rather than because they actually want us...

Last edited:

Mallow-

Youngster
And here I thought Valentine's Day is meant to be about love...

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I always thought it was about burning money

burning-money-ha.gif
Hear, hear, Cleveland!
And here I thought Valentine's Day is meant to be about love...
But you don't need a specific day to show love to people. Love is something that's always around, and when you feel it, you should allow it to bloom and express itself, whatever the time or form. There's no need to fall prey to pretentious and vulgar consumerism to express how you truly feel.

(And yes, “vulgar consumerism” is, for real, my genuine and exact viewpoint of what Valentine's Day actually is.)

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Hey all,

Firstly, let me just say on behalf of the PWO Staff, it's a pleasure to hear this swarm was so well-received. It actually brings a tear to my eye to see our Trainers so eager to catch Pokémon that generally aren't that highly prized by the wider Pokémon fanbase. Truly, PWO is where the true Pokémon fans live :)

Although it's not something that has happened recently, in many previous swarms I have received a number of messages from players asking if it would be possible to find out how many Pokémon were actually caught in the swarm. I'll be honest, I've never actually bothered to calculate this statistic before, mainly because I didn't really see the value in finding out, but also because I believed it would actually be quite difficult to determine. To quote the great @LunaticJames, “Effort </3”. However, since Trubbish is not a Pokémon we've ever made available to players before, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for me to figure out whether this is something I can calculate. It turns out it is indeed possible; and since I have the results in front of me right now, I thought I may as well share with you all. :)

So I can reveal that during this swarm event, a total of 423 Trubbish and 145 Glameow were caught by everybody who attended. Congratulations if you're one of the lucky finders! Sadly, it doesn't appear anyone had the ultimate luck of finding a Shiny one of either of these… but hey, there's always another Swarm on the horizon!

I may or may not decide to do this again for future swarms, depending on whether there's enough public interest, and it doesn't cause unforeseen issues.

ImTachi

Youngster
I can reveal that during this swarm event, a total of 423 Trubbish and 145 Glameow were caught by everybody who attended.
Wow! The info Shows how many of them are not public and can be good. that's really great to know.
Thanks jinji :)

Mallow-

Youngster
Only 423? Awww, the poor Trubbish were so shy. They really feel afraid of people :(
Well, I hope the PWO Playerbase will give ones that they found and caught good homes and plenty of love :)