February swarm

MonsterMouse

Website
sts-pl.eu
Hey all,

Firstly, let me just say on behalf of the PWO Staff, it's a pleasure to hear this swarm was so well-received. It actually brings a tear to my eye to see our Trainers so eager to catch Pokémon that generally aren't that highly prized by the wider Pokémon fanbase. Truly, PWO is where the true Pokémon fans live :)

Although it's not something that has happened recently, in many previous swarms I have received a number of messages from players asking if it would be possible to find out how many Pokémon were actually caught in the swarm. I'll be honest, I've never actually bothered to calculate this statistic before, mainly because I didn't really see the value in finding out, but also because I believed it would actually be quite difficult to determine. To quote the great @LunaticJames, “Effort </3”. However, since Trubbish is not a Pokémon we've ever made available to players before, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for me to figure out whether this is something I can calculate. It turns out it is indeed possible; and since I have the results in front of me right now, I thought I may as well share with you all. :)

So I can reveal that during this swarm event, a total of 423 Trubbish and 145 Glameow were caught by everybody who attended. Congratulations if you're one of the lucky finders! Sadly, it doesn't appear anyone had the ultimate luck of finding a Shiny one of either of these… but hey, there's always another Swarm on the horizon!

I may or may not decide to do this again for future swarms, depending on whether there's enough public interest, and it doesn't cause unforeseen issues.
I love this, very cool indeed :)