Dragonite's outrage poll

What should be done about Outrage, Thrash, and Petal Dance

• Keep it the way it is.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Increase its accuracy to 100, but decrease its power to 90.

• Decrease its accuracy to 90, but increase its power to 100.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
Once again, just like in that post you quoted.... Tyranitar is Rock/Dark.

Rhydon is Rock/Ground.

Earthquake is a ground move. Simple concept of Pokemon called STAB, I'm sure you've heard of it..

JD001

Youngster
matileo19 said:
I am using espeon full HP and Jolteon, while my opp has Salamence half HP, dragonite full hp and Lapras.

1- OPP: Salamence uses Crunch
1- Me: Metagross uses Meteor mash
2- OPP: Salamence uses Fire fang
Metagross has fainted
Since when does Salamence beat Metagross with Crunch and fire fang..

I send out Espeon
3- OPP: cant attack first, espeon is faster
3- Me: Espeon uses future sigh
Salamence has fainted
the opp sends out dragonite
4-Me: Espeon uses future sigh
4- OPP:Dragonite uses outrage - the attack miss
5- Me: Espeon uses future sigh (lets think that drago has good hp and good sp.def)
5- OPP: Dragonite uses outrage
6- Me: Espeon uses last resort
Dragonite has fainted
An espeon with 20+IV spatk can two hit any Dragonite, my drago has 28iv hp+spdef and I've missed outrage and been killed in two hits. Your math is wrong

1-OPP: Salamence uses Crunch
1- Me: Metagross uses MEteor mash - the attack miss
2- OPP: Salamence uses fire fang
Metagross has fainted
I send out Dragonite
3- OPP: Salamence uses dragon claw - its super efective!
3- Me: Dragonite uses outrage - its super efective!
Salamence has fainted
the opp sends out Dragonite (they don't have the same spd wich is what the opp doesnt know and the opp doesnt want a lapras with less than half HP just to kill a dragonite, thats why he sends out his Drago)
4- Me: Dragonite uses outrage - the attack miss
4- OPP: Dragonite uses outrage - its super efective!
Dragonite has fainted
I send out Jolteon
5- Me: Jolteon uses thunder
5- OPP: Dragonite uses outrage - wot, jolteon survived against a pseudo legendary!
6- Me: Jolteon uses thunder
Dragonite has fainted
the opp sends out Lapras
and he wins unless he has an ugly lappy.
In any of these battles using Jolteon, have you forgotten about luck and paralysis?

2- Me: FLygon uses sand tomb (Im lucky, sand tomb hits x5 with deals more than half op on ttar)
2- OPP: Tyranitar uses earthquake - its super efective
3- Me: Flygon uses earthquake
Tyranitar has fainted
Earthquake is not super effective against Flygon.. and why would you use sandtomb which has less accuracy and not earthquake which is 100% Accuracy? Why would Tyranitar use EQ instead of stone edge?

The opp sends out espeon
4-OPP: espeon uses future sigh
Flygon has fainted
hmm... what should I do now? Sala should be able to kill him and I own one of the best salamences so, lets try
I send out salamence
5-OPP: Espeon uses future sigh
5-Me: Salamence uses Crunch - its super efective! lol...
6-OPP: Espeon uses future sigh
Salamence has fainted
Only under optimal conditions does espeon win.
k29nS.png

Ignore the level, the stats are of a level 99 pokemon (As in pwo) with max atk sala vs max hp + max def espeon, espeon can live with 2hp. How many espeons with max hp+max def are ingame? maybe 1, how many max atk salas are there? Much more than 1.

I send out Dragonite
7-OPP: Espeon uses future sigh
7-Me: Dragonite uses wing attack
Espeon has fainted
The OPP sends out Snorlax
He wins with a last resort.
Isn't your Drago super uber or something? I thought it would tank a future sight and last resort (;

Tauros (when giga impact was OP):

Cloyster
The only possible way for this to happen is if the person was DUMB AS ROCKS and used clamp and failed 3x.. Any smart person would use ice beam vs tauros..
Espeon:
Salamence
Dragonite
Jolteon (deals damage)
Snorlax (deals damage)
Venusaur
exeggutor (deals damage)
Charizard
Typhlosion
Arcanine
Raichu
S gyarados
Swampert
S kingdra
Cloyster
S Machamp (My S tauros was able to kill them)
S nidoking
S primeape
Aerodactyl (deals damage now that aero has crunch, but used to kill them)
etc.
I already explained Sala vs Espeon. Drago with uber atk kills espeon with one hit 95% of the time. Jolteon can kill espeon if one thunder hits and a discharge/last resort. I don't know how snorlax loses to espeon at all unless snorlax has under 1/4th hp and same with eggs. With Shiny Gyarados, its a close battle and gyara has thrash/hyperbeam or bite to use against espeon. The winner won't have much hp left. I have no idea how Aero loses to espeon. This is about the current situation, not a week ago. Aero now has crunch, stop finding ridiculous reasons.

Dragonite (with the current outrage):
Salamence (if outrage hits...)
Dragonite (if outrage hits...)
Jolteon (If thunder miss 1 turn and if outrage hits...)
Snorlax (no chance)
Venusaur
exeggutor
Charizard
Typhlosion
Arcanine
Raichu (If thunder miss 1 turn and if outrage hits...)
S gyarados (if outrage hits...)
Swampert
S kingdra (no chance)
Cloyster (no chance)
S Machamp
S nidoking
S primeape
Aerodactyl ((no chance)
Jolteon, remember that jolt from your battle simulation? It lived and killed Dragonite.. Snorlax, both outrage have to hit and you seem to be saying outrage misses a lot in this post of yours. Cloyster, hof already pointed it out as well as Aero. Not sure where you get these ideas from..

I won't put the 386 pokemons lol... may be next time, but its enough to compare them a bit ? This also shows that Tauros is now useless, Trash also needs an updte.
Thrash*

Btw, if you don't understand what bis is saying, S(ame)T(ype)A(ttack)B(onus). If the pokemon uses a move that is the same as its type it will do more damage than another pokemon using the same move and different type. How would a Jolteon's Thunder compare to a thunder from Charizard? (Just showing you the difference). Tyranitar is not the same type as EQ, Rhydon is.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
JD001 said:
matileo19 said:
I am using espeon full HP and Jolteon, while my opp has Salamence half HP, dragonite full hp and Lapras.

1- OPP: Salamence uses Crunch
1- Me: Metagross uses Meteor mash
2- OPP: Salamence uses Fire fang
Metagross has fainted
Since when does Salamence beat Metagross with Crunch and fire fang..

I send out Espeon
3- OPP: cant attack first, espeon is faster
3- Me: Espeon uses future sigh
Salamence has fainted
the opp sends out dragonite
4-Me: Espeon uses future sigh
4- OPP:Dragonite uses outrage - the attack miss
5- Me: Espeon uses future sigh (lets think that drago has good hp and good sp.def)
5- OPP: Dragonite uses outrage
6- Me: Espeon uses last resort
Dragonite has fainted
An espeon with 20+IV spatk can two hit any Dragonite, my drago has 28iv hp+spdef and I've missed outrage and been killed in two hits. Your math is wrong

1-OPP: Salamence uses Crunch
1- Me: Metagross uses MEteor mash - the attack miss
2- OPP: Salamence uses fire fang
Metagross has fainted
I send out Dragonite
3- OPP: Salamence uses dragon claw - its super efective!
3- Me: Dragonite uses outrage - its super efective!
Salamence has fainted
the opp sends out Dragonite (they don't have the same spd wich is what the opp doesnt know and the opp doesnt want a lapras with less than half HP just to kill a dragonite, thats why he sends out his Drago)
4- Me: Dragonite uses outrage - the attack miss
4- OPP: Dragonite uses outrage - its super efective!
Dragonite has fainted
I send out Jolteon
5- Me: Jolteon uses thunder
5- OPP: Dragonite uses outrage - wot, jolteon survived against a pseudo legendary!
6- Me: Jolteon uses thunder
Dragonite has fainted
the opp sends out Lapras
and he wins unless he has an ugly lappy.
In any of these battles using Jolteon, have you forgotten about luck and paralysis?

2- Me: FLygon uses sand tomb (Im lucky, sand tomb hits x5 with deals more than half op on ttar)
2- OPP: Tyranitar uses earthquake - its super efective
3- Me: Flygon uses earthquake
Tyranitar has fainted
Earthquake is not super effective against Flygon.. and why would you use sandtomb which has less accuracy and not earthquake which is 100% Accuracy? Why would Tyranitar use EQ instead of stone edge?

The opp sends out espeon
4-OPP: espeon uses future sigh
Flygon has fainted
hmm... what should I do now? Sala should be able to kill him and I own one of the best salamences so, lets try
I send out salamence
5-OPP: Espeon uses future sigh
5-Me: Salamence uses Crunch - its super efective! lol...
6-OPP: Espeon uses future sigh
Salamence has fainted
Only under optimal conditions does espeon win.
k29nS.png

Ignore the level, the stats are of a level 99 pokemon (As in pwo) with max atk sala vs max hp + max def espeon, espeon can live with 2hp. How many espeons with max hp+max def are ingame? maybe 1, how many max atk salas are there? Much more than 1.

I send out Dragonite
7-OPP: Espeon uses future sigh
7-Me: Dragonite uses wing attack
Espeon has fainted
The OPP sends out Snorlax
He wins with a last resort.
Isn't your Drago super uber or something? I thought it would tank a future sight and last resort (;

Tauros (when giga impact was OP):

Cloyster
The only possible way for this to happen is if the person was DUMB AS ROCKS and used clamp and failed 3x.. Any smart person would use ice beam vs tauros..
Espeon:
Salamence
Dragonite
Jolteon (deals damage)
Snorlax (deals damage)
Venusaur
exeggutor (deals damage)
Charizard
Typhlosion
Arcanine
Raichu
S gyarados
Swampert
S kingdra
Cloyster
S Machamp (My S tauros was able to kill them)
S nidoking
S primeape
Aerodactyl (deals damage now that aero has crunch, but used to kill them)
etc.
I already explained Sala vs Espeon. Drago with uber atk kills espeon with one hit 95% of the time. Jolteon can kill espeon if one thunder hits and a discharge/last resort. I don't know how snorlax loses to espeon at all unless snorlax has under 1/4th hp and same with eggs. With Shiny Gyarados, its a close battle and gyara has thrash/hyperbeam or bite to use against espeon. The winner won't have much hp left. I have no idea how Aero loses to espeon. This is about the current situation, not a week ago. Aero now has crunch, stop finding ridiculous reasons.

Dragonite (with the current outrage):
Salamence (if outrage hits...)
Dragonite (if outrage hits...)
Jolteon (If thunder miss 1 turn and if outrage hits...)
Snorlax (no chance)
Venusaur
exeggutor
Charizard
Typhlosion
Arcanine
Raichu (If thunder miss 1 turn and if outrage hits...)
S gyarados (if outrage hits...)
Swampert
S kingdra (no chance)
Cloyster (no chance)
S Machamp
S nidoking
S primeape
Aerodactyl ((no chance)
Jolteon, remember that jolt from your battle simulation? It lived and killed Dragonite.. Snorlax, both outrage have to hit and you seem to be saying outrage misses a lot in this post of yours. Cloyster, hof already pointed it out as well as Aero. Not sure where you get these ideas from..

I won't put the 386 pokemons lol... may be next time, but its enough to compare them a bit ? This also shows that Tauros is now useless, Trash also needs an updte.
Thrash*

Btw, if you don't understand what bis is saying, S(ame)T(ype)A(ttack)B(onus). If the pokemon uses a move that is the same as its type it will do more damage than another pokemon using the same move and different type. How would a Jolteon's Thunder compare to a thunder from Charizard? (Just showing you the difference). Tyranitar is not the same type as EQ, Rhydon is.

Not at all JD... you're wrong in some points or you havent seen the whole reference.

1- The thing about meta and sala, I was putting a meta with half HP*, its a battle simulation and the battle was in the middle or almost in the end.
2- Some dragos can survive to 2 future sighs and some not, but most of them can't survive
3- Exactly, luck plus paralisis, thunder seems to be pretty lucky anyway but yeah, otherwise you'll see me doing x10 battle simulations, im using some* of my battles as example.
4- Lol no, you're 100 % wrong here, earthquake deals a lot of damage on flygon, stone edge is useless against flygon, such as rock blast. I know it better than any other lol. And the thing about sand tomb, next time i'll put 15 battle simulations to get everyone happy.
5- Isnt crunch an special attack ? I've seen lots of espeons with good sp.def then, including mines and I have 2, they survive and espeon still, many spd.
6- S tauros was still able to kill Cloysters as far as I remember the only ones where Shinys (Remember, Im giving you this list with my experience using my old Shiny Tauros*)
7- No man... drago CANT kill espeons with 1 hit, believe me...
8- Please check the parentheses, ''deals damage'' wich means that (snorlax in this case) doesn't get killed or destroyed by Espeon.
9- Since when do you think you're someone to treat me as ignorant? That's the way I'm seeing your reply, directly to my neck trying to put my comment down or making it look as if I am saying lies. I wanst offending anybody here, if you're not happy with this example, then give me a hand recording some battles instead. Re-read my reply/comment and you'll realize that you're very wrong in more than 1 point or you haven't seen the whole part of each example. And I have 2 dragos if that's a problem for you all, just remember that I am not the owner of this topic (Y).
10- Isn't this enough to show the streng of each ? I think so...
11- Thanks Bis for the info, I had not thought of that and you're right and thanks Hof for making a constructive comment about this.

Feel free to pm me without going off-topic-

HOF69

matileo19 said:
Isnt crunch an special attack ? I've seen lots of espeons with good sp.def then, including mines and I have 2, they survive and espeon still, many spd.

Nope, Crunch is a Dark Type move, so it's a physical attack in PWO, and it's physical in the handhelds as well. Salamence vs. Espeon is a complete toss-up that depends on Sala's attack and Espeon's defense and HP. My Sala has good attack and has had mixed results against Espeons (beaten some, lost to others), so there's no telling which poke will win. Even Dovee's former Salamence has failed to OHKO Espeon before; I know from testing this myself. ;)

OGPokemaster

matileo19 said:
Not at all JD... you're wrong in some points or you havent seen the whole reference.

4- Lol no, you're 100 % wrong here, earthquake deals a lot of damage on flygon, stone edge is useless against flygon, such as rock blast. I know it better than any other lol. And the thing about sand tomb, next time i'll put 15 battle simulations to get everyone happy.

Sry to but both of you are wrong, Flygon is immune to ground type moves and resistant to rock attacks....check for yourselves: http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.php?title=Flygon

Nikola

Youngster
Just to make my statement more solid heres the SS how can you loose battle very easy. Kingdra defeated both Fera and Dragonite because he failed to hit. This happened god knows how much times. Why this is happening to me always when something is critical...

VoHCZ.png

daniel0629

Youngster
I already explained Sala vs Espeon. Drago with uber atk kills espeon with one hit 95% of the time. Jolteon can kill espeon if one thunder hits and a discharge/last resort. I don't know how snorlax loses to espeon at all unless snorlax has under 1/4th hp and same with eggs. With Shiny Gyarados, its a close battle and gyara has thrash/hyperbeam or bite to use against espeon

Well mi drago its one of the best in game and it cant kill espeon with one outrage so...?

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
I remember my 300 attack drago ohko an espeon, although i dont know that espeons stats.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Try using hurricane against esp, it'll kill it. As for the accuracy it would seem the staff think 95/95 is a good mix. I think the only two good options beside leaving it as is would be:
1- 100 accuracy/ 90 damage
2- 100 accuracy/ 95 damage
I don't see how giving it more power with less accuracy would stop the complaining, as what happened in the SS above would happen twice as much...which would mean twice as much complaining about it. To be fair this kind of thing should only happen approximately 5% of the time, which isn't that often. However I would leave the power at the hands of staff, I personally think leaving it alone is the best option with its current power/accuracy.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
EcoWOLFrb said:
Try using hurricane against esp, it'll kill it. As for the accuracy it would seem the staff think 95/95 is a good mix. I think the only two good options beside leaving it as is would be:
I don't see how giving it more power with less accuracy would stop the complaining, as what happened in the SS above would happen twice as much...which would mean twice as much complaining about it. To be fair this kind of thing should only happen approximately 5% of the time, which isn't that often. However I would leave the power at the hands of staff, I personally think leaving it alone is the best option with its current power/accuracy.
hurricane has a 70% accuracy, its not sensible to carry that move over wing attack. especially since most fighting/bug types get ohko'd by dragos wing attack.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Bis_Eastwood said:
hurricane has a 70% accuracy, its not sensible to carry that move over wing attack. especially since most fighting/bug types get ohko'd by dragos wing attack.
Well If people are that concerned about not OHKO'ing pokemon, they should take that risk. You might not think it makes sense but others might disagree, just depends on what type of battler you are. Though I realize what you're saying, with the new moves you only want to make room for one flying move. That's a major decision that will decide certain battles.

psychosamm

Youngster
Bis_Eastwood said:
EcoWOLFrb said:
He's referring to a way to kill Espeon.

Also Espeon can certainly be one hit by Dragonite, it's happened to me before because mine has bad def and just ok HP. As long as Dragonite has Ubber attack in that situation it will easily one hit Espeon. And Mati do some homework man, you're supposed to be a top battler yet you think Crunch is special and Earthquake is SE on Flygon? I'd be embarrassed if i lost to you. As for everyone complaining about the accuracy, missing 5% of the time is extremely rare, i think you guys simply like to remember the times you actually did miss opposed to the times you didn't. It's the same exact accuracy for all the elemental fangs, do you hear people crying about that? Begging that the fangs power be increased or the accuracy made to 100? NO! Jesus i think what we have here are a bunch of sore losers.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
I know what you're saying, but thats a very negligent risk. Considering theres a strong chance you miss, and do no damage to Espeon. Even if Outrage doesnt OHKO (which is a big if, refer to SS below) you're risking not doing damage completely to Espeon by chancing it with Hurricane. And if you carry Hurricane and Wing attack, you lose out on Fire Punch or Aqua Tail which are used to counter Metas, Rhydons, and Steelix. So suggesting to sell out vs Espeon while losing out on a chance of taking out fighting, bugs, steel, and ground/rock isnt really a good suggestion. Some new player might see that and decide the best way to go is use Hurricane, miss it a few times and possibly die to a fighting/bug poke, then complain about that.

GonI9.png

That is a max defense Espeon, vs a 28 IV drago. Espeons max HP is at 268, with the AVERAGE amount of damage for Outrage from Drago doing 271 on Espeon. There is a very small chance Espeon doesnt get OHKOd. Once again, this is a max defense Espeon (which there are very few of) and a 28IV attack Drago (stop relying on max speed fellas). My 300 attack Drago tore through samms Espeon, if you dont believe the SS I have posted.

Bad-News-dodo

i just put hurricane bec it can confuse the foe , so it MIGHT not attack , thats an advantage for me , but if it misses i'm doomed so there is a good thing and a bad thing

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Bis I completely understand what you're saying, in fact I agree with it. I'm not saying what is best for everyone, but it's the same thing with jolteon vs dragonite with a good amount of damage. Do you use thunder, or do you risk not killing it with discharge? Outrage, or hurricane on Espeon? However this is a more complex issue when you take into consideration that IF you have Hurricane you most likely won't be willing to have wing attack as well, as Jolteon should definitely have both with no repercussions. As I said, this decision will decide many battles. And I think it's these decisions that make it a more diverse, competitive environment.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
But anyways yea as I've shown in my screenshot, Drago more often then not OHKO's Espeon with Outrage, putting an end to that myth. There has to be several factors if your Dragonites do not kill. Either the Dragonite has poor attack and the Espeon has amazing defense + hp, or Dragonite has uber attack and did the minimum damage.

Onto Tauros Vs Cloyster, Tauros has notoriously poor SP Defense with high attack, Cloyster has notoriously high Defense, and good SP atk.

You cant honestly tell me, in a battle of Ice beam Vs Pre nerf Giga, Cloyster loses to Tauros.

JD001

Youngster
Bis_Eastwood said:
I know what you're saying, but thats a very negligent risk. Considering theres a strong chance you miss, and do no damage to Espeon. Even if Outrage doesnt OHKO (which is a big if, refer to SS below) you're risking not doing damage completely to Espeon by chancing it with Hurricane. And if you carry Hurricane and Wing attack, you lose out on Fire Punch or Aqua Tail which are used to counter Metas, Rhydons, and Steelix. So suggesting to sell out vs Espeon while losing out on a chance of taking out fighting, bugs, steel, and ground/rock isnt really a good suggestion. Some new player might see that and decide the best way to go is use Hurricane, miss it a few times and possibly die to a fighting/bug poke, then complain about that.

GonI9.png

That is a max defense Espeon, vs a 28 IV drago. Espeons max HP is at 268, with the AVERAGE amount of damage for Outrage from Drago doing 271 on Espeon. There is a very small chance Espeon doesnt get OHKOd. Once again, this is a max defense Espeon (which there are very few of) and a 28IV attack Drago (stop relying on max speed fellas). My 300 attack Drago tore through samms Espeon, if you dont believe the SS I have posted.

Thank you for posting this, this is what I was gonna do to show mati. I hope you understand now
matileo19 said:

1- The thing about meta and sala, I was putting a meta with half HP*, its a battle simulation and the battle was in the middle or almost in the end.
2- Some dragos can survive to 2 future sighs and some not, but most of them can't survive
3- Exactly, luck plus paralisis, thunder seems to be pretty lucky anyway but yeah, otherwise you'll see me doing x10 battle simulations, im using some* of my battles as example.
5- Isnt crunch an special attack ? I've seen lots of espeons with good sp.def then, including mines and I have 2, they survive and espeon still, many spd.
6- S tauros was still able to kill Cloysters as far as I remember the only ones where Shinys (Remember, Im giving you this list with my experience using my old Shiny Tauros*)
7- No man... drago CANT kill espeons with 1 hit, believe me...
8- Please check the parentheses, ''deals damage'' wich means that (snorlax in this case) doesn't get killed or destroyed by Espeon.
9- Since when do you think you're someone to treat me as ignorant? That's the way I'm seeing your reply, directly to my neck trying to put my comment down or making it look as if I am saying lies. I wanst offending anybody here, if you're not happy with this example, then give me a hand recording some battles instead. Re-read my reply/comment and you'll realize that you're very wrong in more than 1 point or you haven't seen the whole part of each example. And I have 2 dragos if that's a problem for you all, just remember that I am not the owner of this topic (Y).
10- Isn't this enough to show the streng of each ? I think so...
11- Thanks Bis for the info, I had not thought of that and you're right and thanks Hof for making a constructive comment about this.

Feel free to pm me without going off-topic-
1. You never mentioned meta being Half hp.
2. Bis just proved my point above.
3. Missing moves and chance of paralysis are all luck, you only did it for the move not both factors.
4. My point was that EQ is not super effective against flygon. I never said Stone Edge was super effective although I was thinking flygon was part flying at the time so disregard that.
5. Crunch = Dark = Physical... You of all people should know this.
6. Once again, Tauros has bad SP.Def, Cloyster has ALOT of Physical Def. Tauros is a physical attacker but it would not kill a pokemon with 360+ Defense. Aside from that, Cloyster has Ice beam, it would only take 3 Ice beams to kill tauros using a cloyster with average Sp. Atk.
7. Once again, refer to Bis' post with SS.
8. If it deals damage, you shouldn't include it at all. The list was for pokes that the pokemon can kill, not hurt. Otherwise all 3 lists would include 100+ Pokemon.
9. I'm not treating you in any way, I am just pointing out your mistakes that you made. You simply refuse to accept them. Never called them lies, just incorrect. Take it as you want.

You really take everything too personal anymore. Relax and just read, I'm just trying to correct incorrect info, this time it happened to be you that made the miscalculations and now that I pointed them out, you are mad. For an elite battler, some of these things are things that you should know from all your battles yet they are so wrong on here. It's not my fault that it was bad info but I'm sorry for putting the right info?

Tecknician

Lets keep it civilized or the topic will be locked.

Best way to prove information, is with recorded videos of battle.

Way it sounds is there's a good deal of diversification in what happens in battles, some battles go the way you want, the others do not. Not all battles should come down to pure math, luck and strategy should be a vital part. Strategy is obviously a week point of pwos battle system so with that luck should indeed take up more of the pie. Currently accuracy is about the best way to incorporate luck into battles.

I am seriously questioning what people are looking for when it comes to the battle system. What happens if critical damage is introduced? Will people get mad they lost because a pokemon got lucky with critical damage and beat a pokemon it regularly would not have? That situation is similar to the one at hand because people are being mad about being unlucky when a move that has 5% chance of missing, actually does miss.

Saric

Youngster
Tecknician said:
Lets keep it civilized or the topic will be locked.

Best way to prove information, is with recorded videos of battle.

Way it sounds is there's a good deal of diversification in what happens in battles, some battles go the way you want, the others do not. Not all battles should come down to pure math, luck and strategy should be a vital part. Strategy is obviously a week point of pwos battle system so with that luck should indeed take up more of the pie. Currently accuracy is about the best way to incorporate luck into battles.

I am seriously questioning what people are looking for when it comes to the battle system. What happens if critical damage is introduced? Will people get mad they lost because a pokemon got lucky with critical damage and beat a pokemon it regularly would not have? That situation is similar to the one at hand because people are being mad about being unlucky when a move that has 5% chance of missing, actually does miss.
People will get mad regardless if/when things do not go one's way in a battle. It's inevitable. With every change, someone will hate it because something that was working for them gets changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.