Dragonite's outrage poll

What should be done about Outrage, Thrash, and Petal Dance

• Keep it the way it is.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Increase its accuracy to 100, but decrease its power to 90.

• Decrease its accuracy to 90, but increase its power to 100.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikola

Youngster
I want to make people to give their opinion in here about Dragonite and its move called outrage. You may select up to 2 options. I am very curious if people are satisfied with current base power of 95 and accuracy of a 95%.

Edited by Tecknician
Poll was edited to reflect what I believe the options should be.

At this point I do not believe it should have a increase to either acc or damage without having a decrease to the other, because of that poll has been modified to reflect that.

Whatever happens to outrage will also happen to petal dance and thrash as they are all similar moves.

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
Outrage, Petal Dance, Trash was decreased, but why need decrease accuracy to. I think need need rise accuracy back to 100

Faabz.

Youngster
I think the Base Power should be the same as it is on the handhelds but the accuracy has to decrease because Drago doesn't get confused.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Outrage was only 90 in third gen but in fifth gen 120 power. As all the other pokemon have now been updated so should outrage return to its full power keeping the inaccuracy to allow for the confusion factor that is missing. An option not shown above.

sagarpatel740

Website
www.facebook.com
HitmonFonty said:
Outrage was only 90 in third gen but in fifth gen 120 power. As all the other pokemon have now been updated so should outrage return to its full power keeping the inaccuracy to allow for the confusion factor that is missing. An option not shown above.
totally agreeing with u

Nikola

Youngster
HitmonFonty said:

Added 95 and higher same as 100 and higher for outrage. I totally agree if this move is going to be more stronger that it should not be 100% accurate as compensation for missing confusion. But I would rather like to see it 100% accurate with at least 100 base power. But leaving this move as it is now isn't good idea and I am sure that majority of frequent battlers will agree that this move should be 100% accurate no matter if base power would be 95 or higher.

Faabz.

Youngster
Darcia said:
HitmonFonty said:

Added 95 and higher same as 100 and higher for outrage. I totally agree if this move is going to be more stronger that it should not be 100% accurate as compensation for missing confusion. But I would rather like to see it 100% accurate with at least 100 base power. But leaving this move as it is now isn't good idea and I am sure that majority of frequent battlers will agree that this move should be 100% accurate no matter if base power would be 95 or higher.

Totally aggreed :)

HOF69

I'm fine with Outrage being lower in power. 120 power made Dragonite too overpowered, so I'm fine with 95 power. It's the 95% accuracy that irritates me. I understand that Outrage doesn't have a nasty side effect (confusion) in PWO like it does in the handhelds, but usually by the time that would take effect, Dragonite is dead in PWO anyway. In no generation has Outrage ever had anything but 100% accuracy (same thing can be said for Thrash), so I believe that it should also be 100% accurate in PWO. Keep its power nerfed, but being able to miss Dragonite's best move is frustrating.

danhlk

outrage 95%acc give salamence a chance to win (sometimes) ;)

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Darcia said:
HitmonFonty said:

I was about to say what you both have said.

How can a jolteon survive against the most powerfull dragon type in the entire world of pokemon ? With this amazing update that we've got Dragonite should be what it used to be... ''Usefull'' lol.

Tecknician

Keeping an eye on this topic, will most likely come down to the support among staff members.

The problem ihave with dragonite is that it has good def and sp def, with a lot of resistances to types.
that means it can get in more hits than other pokes that have similar powerful moves. and it has aqua tail now. that is 90 power water move. it also got sp att thunder/fire punch. it has ok sp att/attack stats, so it hits good and is hard to take down unless you have another dragon/ice beam poke. and it can thunder punch most of the ice beam pokes unless they has good sp def. Like cloyster has terrible sp def so that would probably hurt.

Nikola

Youngster
Similar said:
The problem ihave with dragonite is that it has good def and sp def, with a lot of resistances to types.
that means it can get in more hits than other pokes that have similar powerful moves. and it has aqua tail now. that is 90 power water move. it also got sp att thunder/fire punch. it has ok sp att/attack stats, so it hits good and is hard to take down unless you have another dragon/ice beam poke. and it can thunder punch most of the ice beam pokes unless they has good sp def. Like cloyster has terrible sp def so that would probably hurt.

Not only Dragonite got updated. Even with moves he got recently I am quite sure they are not so noticeable. Thunder punch fails to kill cloyster many times. Outrage will give more damage to lapras then thunder punch etc. Problem is that all those moves are specials in PWO. And they are physical originally. I am sure that is not easy to make "split" among move types. Example...Thunder is special and thunder punch is physical but in PWO they are all specials. Need for a split is clearly visible but I am quite sure it is not so simple as it looks like. So I am looking at those moves as broken since they are Special in PWO not physical as they are in real games though.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
This may not be popular but I think outrage should be nerfed even more. 95% of the time isn't much, people just tend to remember when it does miss morethen the ten other times it doesn't. I would be fine with either one of these two options
A- Outrage gets accuracy lowered. Meta has a similar situation with meteor mash.
B- Accuracy becomes 100% or remains, and power decreases. somewhere around 80-85 would be preferable.
You might say it is not as it was in the handhelds...and I won't rebuttal like the usual "outrage doesn't have confusion now, it's unfaaaiirr...bo ho...sob sob". I will say that just like another OP pokemon that has been nerfed you may know... named slaking, Dragonite has some really impressive power, especially when outrage was 120. And regardless of complications like traunt,or confusion with outrage,an OP Pokemon needs to be leveled. Secondly, Dragonite's new addition hurricane (same power as old outrage, with stab as well) is everything that outrage should have been at 120 power....and 70% accuracy. There's no complaining about that from me, but dragonite also gained elemental moves (rightfully so). Regardless of it's use against some, it will be useful against other Pokemon (Steel in particular, also Cloyster, and some of the new ice pokemon) which is another upgrade he got.
I'm not looking for an intense debate, and not looking for people who strongly disagree (most likely those who are biased) to harp on me. Just leaving my opinion here.

Tecknician

Changed the poll

Edited OPs post:

At this point I do not believe it should have a increase to either acc or damage without having a decrease to the other, because of that poll has been modified to reflect that.

Whatever happens to outrage will also happen to petal dance and thrash as they are all similar moves.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Tecknician said:
Changed the poll

Edited OPs post:

Hmm Im not agreed with your poll at all, would be better If you put some more options... the 3 options of this new poll are very similar with intend of getting Dragonite as it is now, a bit useless (still). Isn't suposed to be a ''Pseudo-Legedary'' ? or he will keep dying against jolteons and espeons ? It's just my opinion, don't take this bad ...

EDIT* Doesn't sound like balance when it dies against a jolteon (sorry but its the most patetic example that I can give).
EDIT 2* Lets see what happens after getting it updated ;). No eco, you're wrong, we are not talking about Slaking, Drago dies with 1 ice beam, meta dies with 1 flametrower,ttar dies with almost every fighting move. Swampert is not a pseudo legendary and he's pretty enough strong to face more than 1 poke in battle. You sound as if the entire battle system goes around a Dragonite lol...

EDIT 3* Check this out: LINK (feel free to translate it for yourelf using the navigator google chrome)

Tecknician

Increasing outrage past 100 literally makes every other move it has rather useless given with outrage stab, it will be greater to fire punch and thunder punch super effectiveness.

Balance is what I am looking for, these are about the only options I am considering.

edit: thinking more, dragonite's moveset already renders fire and thunder punch useless due to its spatk being lower than its atk.

That being said, I simply don't see the justification. Moves that render that forces pokemon to rest had there power reduced by a third. outrage... less than a forth. I am far from convince it should be buffed at all.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
matileo19 said:
Tecknician said:
Changed the poll

Edited OPs post:

Hmm Im not agreed with your poll at all, would be better If you put some more options... the 3 options of this new poll are very similar with intend of getting Dragonite as it is now, a bit useless (still). Isn't suposed to be a ''Pseudo-Legedary'' ? or he will keep dying against jolteons and espeons ? It's just my opinion, don't take this bad ...

Dont you think if we let these pseudo-legendary pokemon run rampant over every regular poke it would make for a lot less variety in battle? Let's imagine every psuedo was able to beat just about every poke, what would the average team be? Drago, Sala, Meta, T-tar, Slaking, and 1 more. Can you imagine battling someone and wondering what the one other poke will be besides those 5, because it would be inconceivable to not have them on a team? Should we do that... or nerf the ones we need to in order to make it more leveled, and battle more varied? Pokemon like espeon and jolteon should be able to have a shot against drago.

Nikola

Youngster
I don't understand what are you trying to do with that pokemon but ok...let it be. I don't want him to die from a Espeon neither from any starter such as Feraligatr. Yet people found a way how to get perfect one. I wonder why there is so many Feraligatrs on steroids. All I can see here is manipulation of a move. Why would you break one move just to let other broken one dominating such as espeon's future sight. It is true that Dragonite got updated but you must know that all of his punches(fire,Ice, thunder) are broken and they are all using Spakt in PWO instead of Atk. I was using Dragonite with Outrage, Agility, Wing attack and Water gun all the time and I was satisfied since Outrage was 100% accurate. I lost hundreds of millions pokedollars overnight since he got nerfed a while ago and I am not complaining. As a frequent battler I know what he is capable and what he is not. Hes encounter ratio was changed he is even more harder to get now. I wonder why people are spending months to get a decent stats one down there and eventually he will be crushed by a 3 mils pokemon such as Espeon. Don't get my words wrong I am not questioning your thoughts. But look at images provided below. I will explain them very well. I was seeking for this quite a bit.

IBSvS.png

-My Dragonite missed Outrage at opening and survived outrage of another one then gave him a fatal kiss last turn.

dElPb.png

-My Dragonite failed to OHKO another one by 1 HP. Other one failed to OHKO mine then he got defeated by wing attack next turn.

- I will not mention how many battles Ive lost since he missed. This should not be happening. Dragonite is a pseudo legendary pokemon and I don't want that people are using him as a test experiment. Who ever is thinking different should dedicate to battles more. That is my suggestion. Go and make few thousands of battles and make your team more perfect then tell me your opinion. Warm water cannot be invented since it is here long ago and it is nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.