Broken Moves

Tecknician

C++ will always be needed and will always have a place because it has a specific niche and it performs it better than any other programing language. Infact it could very well become more popular unless a different language is taylor made for the upcoming generations. With everything going to the web you want a solid server operating behind that and c++ is arguably the best server language.

I actually believe java is at the biggest risk of losing it's place and if it wasn't for its huge usage already would almost be a sure thing because apart from supporting multiple OS's it doesn't do anything particularly better than any other language. And because everything is going route of the web, OS support will start to diminish as a primary need among companies when choosing a platform. Likewise there's actually a major reason to get away from using java and that is its security concerns when used on the web. I think programing is at a critical point where the next language that shows it can do everything java and c++ can do, but for the web and just as well, will become the next popular language.

Sorry for going off topic.

GhostOfSanity

Move Name: Outrage
Move type(fire, grass, normal): Dragon, Physical.
What it currently does: Base power of 95, 95% Accuracy

What makes it broken: Crenel intentionally broke it. Meanie pants.

What needs to be done to make it work: Increase base power to 120, increase accuracy to 100%. Auto use for 2 turns. Confuse user after second turn.

HOF69

Move Name: Mud Shot
Move Type: Ground
What it currently does: Inflicts damage with 55 base power and 95% accuracy

What makes it broken: Does not lower speed of Pokemon it hits by one stage

What needs to be done to make it work: Have it inflict damage and lower speed of opposing Pokemon by 10 (if it hits of course)

Tecknician

I will make an update regarding these hopefully this weekend, in the meantime however I would like to encourage finding moves that should be possible base on what is already in game like what HOF69 posted above to be submitted.

BruNo1989

As it's not possible recreate the same "Stat Modifiers" with the current battle system, could make the following change.
one stage = 20 points
two stages = 40 points

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
Move: Uproar
Type: Normal
Power 30 and 3 Hits

Power and Hits

Rise Power to 90 and The user attacks in an uproar for three turns. Over that time, no one can fall asleep.

Saric

Youngster
narutofoxLT said:
Move: Uproar
Type: Normal
Power 30 and 3 Hits

Power and Hits

Rise Power to 90 and The user attacks in an uproar for three turns. Over that time, no one can fall asleep.
Uproar isn't fully broken. The power was decreased to nerf slaking iirc.

BLACKsamerBlood said:
BLACKsamerBlood said:
It's not really a move ,,
But im talking about Freeze status when using move such as Ice beam , billizard , ... etc
Freeze always have no effect
so it would be cool to be added

Also , The moves Crunch , Bite shouldn't cause a def decrease to foe ,
it should give the chance for the foe to be flinched ,
Crunch doesn't have a flinch chance. It lowers defense.

Nikola

Youngster
-For unknown reason Take Down cause the user to faint. I was in battle and Swampert fainted using that move. Same thing today while battling Justin in Vermilion.

ZAcqHvW.png

Tecknician

Darcia said:
-For unknown reason Take Down cause the user to faint. I was in battle and Swampert fainted using that move. Same thing today while battling Justin in Vermilion.

ZAcqHvW.png
This was actually done while I was trying to add recoil to the game during the downtime yesterday. I am unable to tell if it recoils everyturn and simply does not show for the user (what I am currently hoping), or only when the opponents pokemon faint.

edit: Thought i removed the recoil, but apparently I didn't, for now I am going to leave it ingame (as broken recoil still less broken than no recoil)

WoefulMe

Broken Move: Whirlwind
What it should do: Flee from a random encounter, or cause a trainer to switch pokemon.
What it currently does: Nothing

Broken: Quick attack
What it should do: 40 attack with a +1 speed priority
What it currently does: 40 Attack

ksalim313

Move: Leaf Blade
Move Type: Grass
Category: Physical
Category in PWO*: Special

*According to wiki of PWO

Naero

ksalim313 said:
Move: Leaf Blade
Move Type: Grass
Category: Physical
Category in PWO*: Special

*According to wiki of PWO

A physical/special split will have to be implemented in the mechanics of the battle system before moves can be classified as a physical or special move on an individual move; currently, they're determined by the type of the move. Thus, until PWO's battle system supports the post-3rd generation physical/special split, physical/special moves of a particular type can not be differentiated.

Also, to note, much of PWO's mechanics were initially based off of the 3rd generation systems, including the lack of a physical/special split -- just that it has been rigid even as 4th+ generation moves were added to the database, but this thread is mainly asking for details on the bugged functionality of some individual moves, to my understanding. The physical/special classification of moves has much bigger breadth, which will require a new battle system before all moves can be determined accordingly.

Majaque

Move Name: Absorb
Move type: Grass
What it currently does: Does damage, health absorbing
What makes it broken: Gives you immortality against most of moves - opponent hits give you a health instead dmg.

Tecknician

Majaque said:
Move Name: Absorb
Move type: Grass
What it currently does: Does damage, health absorbing
What makes it broken: Gives you immortality against most of moves - opponent hits give you a health instead dmg.
Actually, this isn't quiet accurate. Like with take down and damage I have been working with absorb for healing moves and what appears to be happening is absorb is healing you, but until the opponent's pokemon attacks, you don't actually see the difference. In summary, there is client updating issues and I am trying to determine if this and the recoil issue is related and the best way at fixing this.

Colemillionaire15

Move Name: Acid
Move type(fire, grass, normal): Poison
What it currently does: Currently inflicts damage and has the chance of lowering the USER'S Special Defense by -10.
What makes it broken: It should have the chance to lower the OPPONENT'S Special Defense instead.
What needs to be done to make it work: Just switch the chance from the user, to the opponent.

I noticed this while using an Oddish, and realized this was probably an easy fix.

ksalim313

Move Name: Leech Life
Move type(fire, grass, normal): Bug
What it currently does: Deals damage and recover some HP based on the foe pokemon attack and damage dealt to the user and if the foe used a status attack it recovers 1 or 2 HP and it recovers the HP after the foe pokemon attacks not after the execution of the attack.

What makes it broken: It should recover 0.5 of damage dealt to the target not to the user instantly after the move is executed.

What needs to be done to make it work: The HP recovery function should be re-examined.

Proof: http://imgur.com/a/MtYYQ

Saric

Youngster
Move Name: Final Gambit
Move type(fire, grass, normal): Fighting
What it currently does: Faints the user upon use

What makes it broken: It just faints the user upon use. Its secondary effect does not take place

What needs to be done to make it work: Re-examining the move to have it deal damage equal to the user's HP

Joltyy

Move: Absorb
Type: Grass
What it currently does: Only damage opponent
What it should do: Damage and absorb 50% of opponents attack into HP
What needs to be done for move to work: Needs to enable absorbing HP

Naero

Joltyy said:
Move: Absorb
Type: Grass
What it currently does: Only damage opponent
What it should do: Damage and absorb 50% of opponents attack into HP
What needs to be done for move to work: Needs to enable absorbing HP

Absorb was previously tweaked to restore HP, but this resulted in it restoring a highly excessive amount of HP - it previously restored %2000 more HP than it should have, until its secondary healing effect was removed by Tecknician recently. I presume it's intended to tweak the formula, that governs how much health is restored upon usage of the move, before Absorb's secondary effect is reimplemented; otherwise, enabling it under the current mechanics would likely result in an undesirably excessive amount of HP being restored again.

MiniMy

I was sure i find a cool pokemon game online but this game is pretty crapy.. something like 30% moves ar broken, this is a nice joke :eek: how long this game have so many bugs and errors? someone want to fix this? i play 2 days this game but i feel only waste of time. First thing what i saw was pokemons cant learn 2-3 moves at same level (their just got 1 random). I want to have Arbok with Stockpile,Swallow,Spit Up but he learn only Swallow, than i change him for Clefary but that pokemon have almost half importants broken moves :-X