Blue's Log Of Updates

The-Predator

Youngster
mad30 said:
KPyppo said:
Now that we have items drop being worked on, I would like to suggest electrizer, magmarizer and shiny stone being added via item drops, I know those items are available via corner prize, but the only way to get em is once we get 7 vouchers, As far as I know lumi and Teck were in charge of weekend events and they both are gone now, It´s been a while now since last event, not to mention they were based on pure luck, I have been present in all of the events and my luck just didnt let me get the last 3 vouchers (lapras and tauros events)so I´m stuck with 3 vouchers (and i know I am not the only one), even if someone were working on those (which i doubt since u lack a scripter for now) would take months to get another single voucher cant imagine how much time left to get 7, so please take into consideration adding those items to the Items Drop list

to note: if you disagree with this idea, I would like to know why, if you agree with this idea I would like to get an answer as well, because i dont really know if you are the only one working on this Item drop thing, so if i dont get an answer would like to know who to give this idea to, so it could be considered, thx
Alternative solution is to have future (Permanent) quests use the vouchers going forward. Same vouchers can likewise be used for any future events resulting in the best of both worlds.

How about making special NPCs that could give 1 voucher?, making some NPCs that could give one voucher after defeating em, then reset after 2-4 weeks to get the chance of getting one more voucher, it would have to be good lvl NPCs though otherwise would be too easy to get vouchers, although thats a poor way to get vouchers is better than nothing or add em at Items drop that i think would be way much easier.

Luminance

Youngster
Developer
Just because Teck and I are no longer able to work on that anymore, doesn't mean that this project is abandoned. Also, this is not the best place to discuss this matter.

The-Predator

Youngster
Luminance said:
Just because Teck and I are no longer able to work on that anymore, doesn't mean that this project is abandoned. Also, this is not the best place to discuss this matter.

Lumi pls read what I said about that, besides i posted here since blue was the one that was working on item drop thing not because any other reason actually

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Just to be clear we have not abandoned the Weekend Events, and the next one is currently being worked on.

DeZoLa

Youngster
7 vouchers are too much. To get them we need in average 5-7 months. its ridiculus!

Dragon16

Youngster
Umm i read that the TMs are now working, but i tried teaching my Gengar Will-O-Wisp and it says "Gengar can't learn this TM" and on the wiki it says it can.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
I've been made aware - it'll be followed up on tomorrow.

Dragon16

Youngster
HitmonFonty said:
Just to be clear we have not abandoned the Weekend Events, and the next one is currently being worked on.
well i understand players frustrations with the prizes and how long it takes to get enough vouchers for the prizes when the last weekend event was a couple months ago. If the weekend events are more frequent as we were told then accumulating enough vouchers shouldn't be a problem once the weekend events start up again.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
UncleFester said:
Bluerise said:
TM35 is now enabled.

Flametrower? but if it was already! :))

Previously, its disablement has prevented the acquisition of any move from the TM; it was a null TM, due to recent miscues in a database-end change on the TM tables. Now that it has been correctively fixed, however, the TM35 has been re-enabled—able to teach moves to compatible Pokemon once again.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Playerdex - July update

Hello!

To follow up, commencing next week (4th Aug) all going to plan - server & database testing will begin followed by staff testing. If all goes well, mid August release for players.

~Blue

Tha-Kram

*October

jk ;)
nice to see that you're making progress on the playerdex
keep up the good work!

Sweetboi

Youngster
Can't wait for the update. One question; what does it meantimer for NPCs switch to hours instead of days. Could you give me an example of that new update? Like use bobby in carved cavern, you said it takes 14days to have a rematch...is that changed to a different period of time now?

RicardoTav

TidierVirus said:
Can't wait for the update. One question; what does it meantimer for NPCs switch to hours instead of days. Could you give me an example of that new update? Like use bobby in carved cavern, you said it takes 14days to have a rematch...is that changed to a different period of time now?

i could be like hours ingame, anyway awesome new playerdex almost here *-*

Orean

Website
twitter.com
TidierVirus said:

While the cooldown times are more efficiently changeable as of right now, we have yet to materialize it for any NPC in-game; it's a possibility that we're looking to flesh out. Re-evaluating and changing the NPCs is currently a point of discussion in light of this update, among various others that've affected NPCs considerably—starting with the gym leaders' cooldown times, as that's been considered one of the more questionable properties of the NPCs.

Sweetboi

Youngster
Does winning against NPCs fall into the hourly cool down rate though?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
TidierVirus said:
Does winning against NPCs fall into the hourly cool down rate though?

The only thing that has changed at the moment is how we can calculate the cool down time. Before it was in days, now it is in hours.

So normal NPCs still have a 2 week waiting period, but now being measured in hours they are set to 336 hours cool down time instead of 14 days like before.

The immediate changes under discussion are for gym leader wait times, so look out for that update sometime soon. Although there is at least one other major update waiting as you see above so smaller ones like this one may have to wait on that.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Bluerise said:
Playerdex - July update

Hello!

To follow up, commencing next week (4th Aug) all going to plan - server & database testing will begin followed by staff testing. If all goes well, mid August release for players.

~Blue
Awesome! :)
What about players? Won't we test the playerdex before the release? (Because tester were asked to.)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
julio2503 said:
What about players? Won't we test the playerdex before the release? (Because tester were asked to.)

Player testing will be done live.

It should be noted also now that the clock is ticking down that all players are responsible for making sure their email address is up to date as a password reset may be required when the new playerdex goes live.